Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2017, 09:17   #91
BHPian

Re: A tryst with Sheer Driving Pleasure - My BMW X1 xDrive 20d M-Sport

Has anyone here got PPF put on their car. Wanted to check which panels are best to get covered and what will be the approximate cost.
Just for reference, I checked on the ceramic coatings. The cost is between 25k and 35k depending on the duration of warranty (3 to 5 years) and the number of free top up coupons.
Old 27th February 2017, 11:39   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatsoboy View Post
.....ceramic coatings. The cost is between 25k and 35k depending on the duration of warranty (3 to 5 years) and the number of free top up coupons.
Are you on an "upgrade whatever I can" spree ?
According to my humble thoughts, there is nothing one needs to do on top of what is already delivered to you straight from the showroom ! I meant 'absolutely nothing'. Once we get bitten by the upgrade bug, there is no end to it. I have gone through it in my previous car and I dont want to repeat them. My usage pattern is 2 to 4 years maximum with a new car, so anything what I do goes to someone else without adding any value at the time of resale.

Following are the things I wanted to do:
1. Reverse camera, ideally the wireless one that costs around $500
2. Extra Amp and better Speakers with the DSP costing around 1.5 lakh
3. 3M Coating and underbody treatment costing between 10k to 20k

I lost my interest on the above things for now, may be the age is keeping me in control

Last edited by shajufx : 27th February 2017 at 11:40.
Old 27th February 2017, 21:59   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Are you on an "upgrade whatever I can" spree ?
true, I guess the excitement of a new car taking over.
While I checked on ceramic coating just to get a sense, I'm seriously thinking about the PPF. Specially since my parking at home and at work both is in the open. Let's see how much it costs.
I am also quite keen on the rear camera but $500 is a bit much. Plus there would be shipping / customs etc.
Old 28th February 2017, 10:21   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeamerBoy View Post
Just to calm the turmoil, put your thoughts at rest. The warranty extension packages are here to stay. Just put a reminder of 18 months from the date of purchase. You should be good in buying the additional cover. Whatever damage that was to be done with increasing prices of long term packages of 5 years etc is already done.
Really? How can one be sure about no price increase for two years?

Let us be reasonable and accept that there is always a possibility of price increase if not the change in warranty structure.

Last edited by the_skyliner : 28th February 2017 at 10:22.
Old 28th February 2017, 19:36   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_skyliner View Post
Really? How can one be sure about no price increase for two years?

Let us be reasonable and accept that there is always a possibility of price increase if not the change in warranty structure.
Ok. Here is the background. I was in the market for extending the warranty cover on my 5er and wanted to extend it to 5 years and possibly beyond.

The new heavily upwards revised prices were a shocker and upon asking for explanation, the Service Advisor increase is generally done in May and September and there is little headroom for further increase. Hence my inputs.
Old 8th April 2017, 20:30   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport View Post
Weird observation ..... I noticed recently that the velor mats are wet on both front sides post a wash or after a long drive with AC's on? I noticed it twice ..... especially post car wash when I have used bosch high pressure car washer!
Any update from anyone?
I have nailed the root cause ..... Velor Mats gets wet post a long drive with AC's on and not after a car wash .... Does any of the new X1 owners face similar issue?
Old 8th April 2017, 22:56   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport View Post
Any update from anyone?

I have nailed the root cause ..... Velor Mats gets wet post a long drive with AC's on and not after a car wash .... Does any of the new X1 owners face similar issue?

Not faced any such issue till now. Of course I haven't had a long run recently, but have not faced in earlier long runs a few months back.
Old 3rd May 2017, 10:58   #98
BHPian

Planning to go for X1 Expedition, My test vehicle was new version with reverse camera. Overall impressed with the sheer driving pleasure. Nevertheless not underestimating my current Jetta.

Can X1 owners answer whether i-Drive system is enabled with Carplay? if not, is it expected in upcoming software update?
Old 3rd May 2017, 19:25   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svkndv View Post
Planning to go for X1 Expedition, My test vehicle was new version with reverse camera. Overall impressed with the sheer driving pleasure. Nevertheless not underestimating my current Jetta.

Can X1 owners answer whether i-Drive system is enabled with Carplay? if not, is it expected in upcoming software update?

No it is not enabled for CarPlay in my car. Not sure if there is any software update planned in future

Good to know the new version is enabled with reverse camera. My msport doesn't have it 😫
nurni76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2017, 09:48   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svkndv View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
No it is not enabled for CarPlay in my car.
Old and current X1 is not listed in Apple Carplay section. Wireless Carplay will be a part of BMW line up in coming models of the 5 series. So possible later may be, not as of now.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 5th May 2017 at 09:08.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2017, 13:29   #101
BHPian

Quote:
No it is not enabled for CarPlay in my car. Not sure if there is any software update planned in future

Good to know the new version is enabled with reverse camera. My msport doesn't have it 😫
Would really appreciate if you (or any others) could just run a simple check for me on the BMW Connected app
While I can connect the app just fine, clicking on more Apps throws an error ..
I suspect the issue is with the app version hosted on the India App store but would be great if others too could check the same
Attached Thumbnails
A tryst with Sheer Driving Pleasure - My BMW X1 xDrive 20d M-Sport-screenshot-1.jpg  

Old 4th May 2017, 13:54   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi182 View Post
Would really appreciate if you (or any others) could just run a simple check for me on the BMW Connected app

While I can connect the app just fine, clicking on more Apps throws an error ..

I suspect the issue is with the app version hosted on the India App store but would be great if others too could check the same

No issues for me. I can click on More Apps and it shows a list of Apps. Attaching a screen shot

A tryst with Sheer Driving Pleasure - My BMW X1 xDrive 20d M-Sport-imageuploadedbyteambhp1493886266.713376.jpg
Old 4th May 2017, 14:35   #103
BHPian

Hey Guys..
I am planning for an X1. Had a few queries..
Is it a right time to buy an X1 now ? Or should i go for other models..
In the brochure it seems X1 has reverse camera.
I was inclined towards the MSport Edition. Please advice.
Also Carplay is apparently not available. I read somewhere Carplay is available in iDrive 5.0
Anyone have any update regarding this? Can we expect carplay and touch screen in the next LCI model?
Old 5th May 2017, 07:59   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepjaju View Post
Hey Guys..
I am planning for an X1. Had a few queries..
Is it a right time to buy an X1 now ? Or should i go for other models..
In the brochure it seems X1 has reverse camera.
I was inclined towards the MSport Edition. Please advice.
Also Carplay is apparently not available. I read somewhere Carplay is available in iDrive 5.0
Anyone have any update regarding this? Can we expect carplay and touch screen in the next LCI model?

I don't understand what you meant by "if it is a right time". Of the three (X1, Q3 and GLA), in my opinion, X1 is a clear winner. It has better interior space, similar features and fantastic diesel engine and good handling for an SUV. You should go for the X1. I have an MSport and the reasons I chose were 4 :

1. The Head up display feature
2. The larger display screen and I drive with navigation
3. M Steering wheel and alloys - look awesome
4. Additional thigh support on the front seats

Though I felt at that time the price difference between Xline and MSport was steep. If you think these features are something you like, you should go for the MSport

Yes the new models come with Reverse camera. My Idrive does not have CarPlay but it is expected to be seen on the new 5 series to be launched soon
nurni76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2017, 14:12   #105
BHPian

Quote:
No issues for me. I can click on More Apps and it shows a list of Apps. Attaching a screen shot

Attachment 1635825
Thanks for checking - would it be possible for you to check the version of BMW connected you have ?
It should be visible under Information (top right corner) > Information about BMW connected

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks