Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2017, 14:19   #106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi182 View Post
Thanks for checking - would it be possible for you to check the version of BMW connected you have ?

It should be visible under Information (top right corner) > Information about BMW connected

Attaching a screen shot. Hope this helps

A tryst with Sheer Driving Pleasure - My BMW X1 xDrive 20d M-Sport-imageuploadedbyteambhp1493974149.206882.jpg
Old 8th May 2017, 13:57   #107
BHPian

Re: A tryst with Sheer Driving Pleasure - My BMW X1 xDrive 20d M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
I don't understand what you meant by "if it is a right time". Of the three (X1, Q3 and GLA), in my opinion, X1 is a clear winner. It has better interior space, similar features and fantastic diesel engine and good handling for an SUV. You should go for the X1. I have an MSport and the reasons I chose were 4 :

1. The Head up display feature
2. The larger display screen and I drive with navigation
3. M Steering wheel and alloys - look awesome
4. Additional thigh support on the front seats

Though I felt at that time the price difference between Xline and MSport was steep. If you think these features are something you like, you should go for the MSport

Yes the new models come with Reverse camera. My Idrive does not have CarPlay but it is expected to be seen on the new 5 series to be launched soon
By right time I meant. Is there an update looming around. Such as LCI version with updated iDrive or something else. Because I can wait a couple of months too and when can we expect discounts on the car.

And yeah I am totally in love with the msport edition. Just the navigation, larger iDrive and the HUD is a worthy upgrade.

Also how about the 3 series? I know its life cycle is coming to and end. Anyone knows when the new version will come out?
Old 16th May 2017, 07:24   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepjaju View Post
By right time I meant. Is there an update looming around. Such as LCI version with updated iDrive or something else. Because I can wait a couple of months too and when can we expect discounts on the car.

And yeah I am totally in love with the msport edition. Just the navigation, larger iDrive and the HUD is a worthy upgrade.

Also how about the 3 series? I know its life cycle is coming to and end. Anyone knows when the new version will come out?

Just go for the MSport, you'll love her on open roads and twisties. The engine is brilliant and you will love the locomotive like pull on highways. I don't think there is any upgrade planned, except that the X1 has been launched in the petrol avatar but only in the Sdrive trim. The 3 is not due for a replacement anytime soon. The new 5 should be here next month. I guess new 3 will come in next year or probably year after next.
Old 9th July 2017, 08:40   #109
BHPian

Got my X1 serviced this weekend after completion of a year of ownership. Completed 9.3K kms. Took an appointment for 11am at Navnit and then got delivery at 5 PM. No major issues, except that I had to use a little force to close the boot. Minor tweaking done and issue was resolved. Engine oil, air filter, oil filter changed and AC was cleaned. Overall amount charged was INR16.6K.
nurni76 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2017, 17:11   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
Got my X1 serviced this weekend after completion of a year of ownership. Completed 9.3K kms. Took an appointment for 11am at Navnit and then got delivery at 5 PM. No major issues, except that I had to use a little force to close the boot. Minor tweaking done and issue was resolved. Engine oil, air filter, oil filter changed and AC was cleaned. Overall amount charged was INR16.6K.
I am bit confused about your post. Is the 1st service required at 1 year or on completion of 13000 kms ? Because I remember the frequent display at start mentioning "xxxxx kms to the first service". My ODO is still under 4000, another 2.5 months to 1 year and crossing 10,000 on ODO may take another year. Will decide on the 1st service part based on your reply.

Extra force to close the boot is a common issue reported. I may need the same tweaking. Another issue was the metal clanking noise from the boot area while moving on bad or broken patches. But I dont know how and when, its no more heard

Service charge seems very normal compared to what I have seen from other models of the same brand. Did you chose the airport facility ? Did they clean the leather seats ?

Appreciate the response
Old 10th July 2017, 17:45   #111
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
I am bit confused about your post. Is the 1st service required at 1 year or on completion of 13000 kms ? Because I remember the frequent display at start mentioning "xxxxx kms to the first service". My ODO is still under 4000, another 2.5 months to 1 year and crossing 10,000 on ODO may take another year. Will decide on the 1st service part based on your reply.
iDrive should display "kms to go" for service as well as a fixed date. So it will alert you for service whenever one of these events are completed. I don't think the min period is 1 year. It should be something like 18 months.

16.60K is about par considering AC filter wasn't changed. Airport road facility is good. Problem with this condition based service system is that you'll end up visiting service centre more often. Engine oil service, brake fluid change, pad change all fall on different dates in my car (X3) and you can't combine them since you better draw the full mileage between intervals considering the high costs.
Santoshbhat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2017, 23:26   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post

Extra force to close the boot is a common issue reported. I may need the same tweaking. Another issue was the metal clanking noise from the boot area while moving on bad or broken patches. But I dont know how and when, its no more heard

Service charge seems very normal compared to what I have seen from other models of the same brand. Did you chose the airport facility ? Did they clean the leather seats ?

Appreciate the response

The service is either after 12K kms or 1 year; in my case the time mentioned was July and hence got it serviced now. Next service is due 12K kms later or July 2018. In my case I asked the AC filter to be checked and not replace if everything was in order. Accordingly, there was no need to replace the same. Had that been replaced the cost would have been close to 23K.

I gave the car for service at the Hosur Road service centre. Nothing great with the experience. Was made to wait for 30 mins even though I had taken an appointment for 11 Am 2 days earlier. They just did some basic cleaning (Vacuuming of the seats) and I had asked them to clean some dirt on the dashboard which they did. Overall would rate the service experience as 7/10
Old 16th July 2017, 22:10   #113
BHPian

Hi
I have been offered a 2016 model X1 m sport with BSI ultimate and extended warranty with 42000 km ODO. Initially the BMW pre owned website showed 30 lakhs, but it has now been revised to 35 l. Is it a good deal?
Old 17th July 2017, 09:23   #114
BHPian

Re: BMW X1 sDrive20D - Joy for my Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by gksunil View Post
Hi
I have been offered a 2016 model X1 m sport with BSI ultimate and extended warranty with 42000 km ODO. Initially the BMW pre owned website showed 30 lakhs, but it has now been revised to 35 l. Is it a good deal?
No way as it's done 42k. You can pick up a new base model for 36L.
Old 17th July 2017, 12:36   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Hi

Which city is this in? I picked a new MSport Last year for 52L on road Bangalore. While renewing my insurance I got the IDV of 37L and I had done only 9.3K kms. Since this is already 42K kms old, seems like 35L is a tad too high. Also prices have reduced due to GST. 30L seems more like it.
Old 17th July 2017, 16:27   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Hi
Way too expensive for a car that is driven for 42k kms even if just a year old.
Between 25-28 sounds right if it has 5 years warranty with BSI package.
Which city are we talking about?
Old 17th July 2017, 17:22   #117
BHPian

Bangalore; But I live in Karwar.
Old 17th July 2017, 20:07   #118
BHPian

I am offered 42.5L for a sDrive xLine in Bangalore after many round of negotiations. I am still not convinced about the offer as BMW increased the price within one year of launch and not made decent correction post GST. So the offer I have now with GST correction and corporate discount is same as the on-road price at the time of launch.

How far I can push the BMW guys? Given the market conditions, is 2.5L discount the maximum I can expect?

I am half sold on Tiguan HighLine as well. The on-road price at present is 37.5L (not negotiated yet). Given I am getting AWD, apple car play and better space, I feel Tiguan is not very inferior either.
Old 17th July 2017, 20:24   #119
Distinguished - BHPian

I doubt VW will be giving discounts so soon after launch. I called my Salesperson to cancel my booking of the Tiguan stating high launch price. He did not even flinch, did not try to convince me to get the car and did not offer any sort of concessions, such as free accessories etc.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 17th July 2017 at 20:25.
Old 17th July 2017, 20:51   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sj_koova View Post
I am offered 42.5L for a sDrive xLine in Bangalore after many round of negotiations. T. So the offer I have now with GST correction and corporate discount is same as the on-road price at the time of launch.

How far I can push the BMW guys? Given the market conditions, is 2.5L discount the maximum I can expect?

I am half sold on Tiguan HighLine as well. The on-road price at present is 37.5L (not negotiated yet). Given I am getting AWD, apple car play and better space, I feel Tiguan is not very inferior either.
I am getting expedition for 37 odd. Interestingly almost 1 lakh is for handling charges which used to be 25000 earlier?!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks