Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2016, 13:17   #16
Team-BHP Support

Re: My Ford Endeavour 2.2L AT (Titanium)

Quote:
was going through one of the facebook advertisement
This looks nice on black, these were available on eBay for around $300 in past, added a link to the facebook page of Sikand.

https://www.facebook.com/sikandcar/p...type=1&theater

Last edited by Turbanator : 13th November 2016 at 13:22.
Old 14th November 2016, 09:51   #17
BHPian

I agree with Turbonator, the real look of this comes only with black one. In my opinion this will enhance looks of other models also much better than the original chrome plated ones.
PrideRed is proud owner of the white beast, adding a picture of same black grill on white too.
My Ford Endeavour 2.2L AT (Titanium)-imageuploadedbyteambhp1479097272.491679.jpg
naveendagar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th November 2016, 10:12   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveendagar View Post
I agree with Turbonator, the real look of this comes only with black one. In my opinion this will enhance looks of other models also much better than the original chrome plated ones.
PrideRed is proud owner of the white beast, adding a picture of same black grill on white too.
Attachment 1575438
I had seen this grill during the time of purchase and is available at a cost of about 200$ in Aliexpress. While it looks smashing, makes Endeavour look more Americano, I am not very sure about the quality.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2016...8-ab0da93075ed

I am considering two options either convert current chrome grill to black chrome/glossy wrap or switch to the Aliexpress one.
Old 14th November 2016, 11:40   #19
Team-BHP Support

Absolutely fantastic choice from the list you had there, right down to picking the Titanium variant. I'm also glad you picked it over the Innova and Fortuner. The Endy is a much better package than either of these taking into account all factors like pricing etc as well.

The Endy feels (and IS) genuinely upmarket and is a great package of practical luxury at a good price.

As a GT owner, I can say one thing though - I have recently taken the GT on a lot of long distance roads, some bad roads, several rural roads etc and its performance has been stellar. No concerns of underbelly scraping type of issues.

Having said that, your choice of the Endy is perfect from your requirements and you'll generally feel a lot more liberated taking the Endy around. However capably my GT performs, I can't help but feel concerned nevertheless about where I'm taking it, road conditions, tyre issues etc (and that maybe I should have an Innova / Endy / Hexa type of second vehicle). The Endy will be never leave you feeling like that.
Axe77 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2016, 11:51   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
This looks nice on black, these were available on eBay for around $300 in past, added a link to the facebook page of Sikand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
I had seen this grill during the time of purchase and is available at a cost of about 200$ in Aliexpress.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2016...8-ab0da93075ed
I am very keen on getting the blackened parts for my endeavour and in the process spoke with multiple vendors across India for prices & availability. Got the best prices from "Auto Marc, Delhi. He quoted Rs 8,000/- for Radiator grill (Black grill with white ford logo), Rs 3,500/- for Headlight and tail-light trims (chrome/black, Rs 3,800/- for bug deflector, Rs 15,500/- for wheel arches and they also have body kits available for New endeavour. I did not proceed with the purchase as I wanted the black grill with black logo, which he said should be available after some time.

Attaching facebook link for Endeavour pictures with the above mentioned accessories - https://www.facebook.com/pg/automarc...54541632628142

It will be great if someone who has seen them or bought them can comment on the quality, fit & finish. That is the only thing I am little bothered about these accessories.
harsha.muvva is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 14th November 2016, 12:12   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Absolutely fantastic choice from the list you had there, right down to picking the Titanium variant. I'm also glad you picked it over the Innova and Fortuner. The Endy is a much better package than either of these taking into account all factors like pricing etc as well.

The Endy feels (and IS) genuinely upmarket and is a great package of practical luxury at a good price.

As a GT owner, I can say one thing though - I have recently taken the GT on a lot of long distance roads, some bad roads, several rural roads etc and its performance has been stellar. No concerns of underbelly scraping type of issues.

Having said that, your choice of the Endy is perfect from your requirements and you'll generally feel a lot more liberated taking the Endy around. However capably my GT performs, I can't help but feel concerned nevertheless about where I'm taking it, road conditions, tyre issues etc (and that maybe I should have an Innova / Endy / Hexa type of second vehicle). The Endy will be never leave you feeling like that.
GT is a fantastic car, no doubts. The GT also feels more premium and can't stop staring those frameless doors. However as you mentioned, two things tilted my decision towards Endeavour
1. Endeavour suited my needs better than GT
2. Cost of Ownership

Had the car been bought for out and out city/highway use I would have considered the GT over Endeavour.

My biggest concern with Innova and Fortuner is exclusivity, Innova is going to be everywhere and Fortuner is not going to be different. That said I am considering Crysta to replace my old Innova as exclusivity does not matter here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsha.muvva View Post
I am very keen on getting the blackened parts for my endeavour and in the process spoke with multiple vendors across India for prices & availability. Got the best prices from "Auto Marc, Delhi. He quoted Rs 8,000/- for Radiator grill (Black grill with white ford logo), Rs 3,500/- for Headlight and tail-light trims (chrome/black, Rs 3,800/- for bug deflector, Rs 15,500/- for wheel arches and they also have body kits available for New endeavour. I did not proceed with the purchase as I wanted the black grill with black logo, which he said should be available after some time.

Attaching facebook link for Endeavour pictures with the above mentioned accessories - https://www.facebook.com/pg/automarc...54541632628142

It will be great if someone who has seen them or bought them can comment on the quality, fit & finish. That is the only thing I am little bothered about these accessories.
Another option which you can consider is Rust Oleum/Plasti Dip coating on the existing grille. This shoud cost not more than 2K.
Old 6th December 2016, 19:55   #22
BHPian

Great review PrideRed,

you mentioned limited color options for the 2.2 version. I am looking for the Smoke Grey version. Not sure if that is available on the 2.2? I am torned between the 2.2 vs 3.2. what is a relastic mileage for 3.2 in city and highway? My driving is going to be casual (not daily commute) except for occasional long trips.

cheers
Krish
Old 9th December 2016, 16:52   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krcustoms View Post
Great review PrideRed,

you mentioned limited color options for the 2.2 version. I am looking for the Smoke Grey version. Not sure if that is available on the 2.2? I am torned between the 2.2 vs 3.2. what is a relastic mileage for 3.2 in city and highway? My driving is going to be casual (not daily commute) except for occasional long trips.
cheers
Krish
The color options are same for both 2.2 and 3.2, what I meant was apart from sunset red rest of the colors are same as existing Ford line up. Yes, smoke grey is available on 2.2 .
When driven similarly, the 2.2 shall reward you anywhere with 2-3KM/l more FE than 3.2. I get about 9-11KM/l in city and 11-13.5 in highway.
If you have no plans to go offroad and FE is important, go for 2.2. Go for 3.2 if you need those additional power,4x4 and that nice sunroof.
Old 9th December 2016, 17:25   #24
BHPian

thanks PrideRed. wonder why they removed these options (4X4 and sunroof) etc on the 2.2 titanium variant. If you don't mind sharing what was the on-road price in Bangalore? I live in Chennai so want to see the difference. you can PM me.
i am not so much worried about the 4X4 but the price. The top end is almost 38L in chennai. The trend 4X4 MT is around 29L. huge difference. Clsoe to 40L so many other options open up.

thanks
krish
Old 12th December 2016, 17:07   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krcustoms View Post
thanks PrideRed. wonder why they removed these options (4X4 and sunroof) etc on the 2.2 titanium variant. If you don't mind sharing what was the on-road price in Bangalore? I live in Chennai so want to see the difference. you can PM me.
i am not so much worried about the 4X4 but the price. The top end is almost 38L in chennai. The trend 4X4 MT is around 29L. huge difference. Clsoe to 40L so many other options open up.

thanks
krish
I had got the Endeavour at launch price i.e before budget as well as before Ford hiked the price. While I don't recall the exact price now, It was somewhere between 33-34 on road. The features like 4x4 and sunroof was deleted so that 2.2 does not end up cannibalizing the 3.2 sales. Barring airbags, the base variants are also quite loaded and you can consider the 2.2 Trend which should cost atleast 2-3lacs less than Titanium.
Old 21st December 2016, 07:06   #26
BHPian

Hi. Belated congrats. Loved your review. Very informative.

I am looking to buy a 7 seater 4x4 in about an year or so. Based on my budget, as of now I am looking at Endeavour, XUV or the upcoming Hexa.

The Endeavour looks really good. Need to check it out in person, primarily from the space point of view. We are a family of 6+ feet guys, and need good head / leg rooms.

The only grouse that I have is the lack of 6 airbags in trend 4X4 variant. I am not interested in the 3.2 ltr engine, as I am sure 2.2 would be more than adequate for my needs. The only reason if I decide against the endeavour as of now seems this lack of full safety kit in the 2.2 variant.

A few questions.
How is the ride quality, especially for the mid row occupants?

And the FE figures you have quoted, are they with AC and using tank top method?

Regards.
Old 21st December 2016, 09:24   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvldvr View Post
Hi. Belated congrats. Loved your review. Very informative.

I am looking to buy a 7 seater 4x4 in about an year or so. Based on my budget, as of now I am looking at Endeavour, XUV or the upcoming Hexa.

The Endeavour looks really good. Need to check it out in person, primarily from the space point of view. We are a family of 6+ feet guys, and need good head / leg rooms.

The only grouse that I have is the lack of 6 airbags in trend 4X4 variant. I am not interested in the 3.2 ltr engine, as I am sure 2.2 would be more than adequate for my needs. The only reason if I decide against the endeavour as of now seems this lack of full safety kit in the 2.2 variant.

A few questions.
How is the ride quality, especially for the mid row occupants?

And the FE figures you have quoted, are they with AC and using tank top method?

Regards.
Given your requirements, the third row seats can be used mostly for shorter trips only as all are 6+ footers. Also if there are older people getting to 3rd row is tricky.
Coming to ride, Endeavour offers good ride quality and middle row is a comfortable place to be. Even the low speed ride quality is very good. The FE figures i mentioned is with AC and yes i have tried tank full method. While the manual is supposedly more fuel efficient than A/T, the 4x4 version is expected to deliver similar figures as A/T.
Old 22nd December 2016, 12:24   #28
BHPian

Thanks a ton. Well in my case also, the last seat user will only be my kid. So no worries on the last row space.
Old 27th December 2016, 15:16   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvldvr View Post
Thanks a ton. Well in my case also, the last seat user will only be my kid. So no worries on the last row space.
In that case you should not have problems in using the third row. There is plenty of room for kids in the third row and the curtain airbags in Titanium version covers third row as well.
Old 31st December 2016, 19:16   #30
BHPian

Hi PrideRed, Thanks for your inputs.

I would request you for a few more clarifications.

Do you find the Endeavour's massive size to be an issue on occassions? I mean in crowded markets and tight parking spaces, does it feel a little too big? Where do you drive and park it mainly?

Its not that I am not used to big vehicles, I had a Scorpio for 7 years which I recently sold off. But despite being used to the Scorpio, the Endy still looked pretty massive to me.

How would you rate the rear (middle) seat comfort vis-a-vis the Innova that you have? I am again asking you about the middle row comfort as we as a family frequently do 400-500 kms road trips to the Himalayas from Delhi and rear seat comfort is one area I dont want to compromise on.

What is the warranty that has been offered to you? Have you opted for extended warranty?

How are the maintenance costs? Any services done till date?

Thanks again in anticipation.
nvldvr is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks