Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2017, 09:44   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Ford Endeavour 2.2L AT (Titanium)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvldvr View Post
Hi PrideRed, Thanks for your inputs.

I would request you for a few more clarifications.

Do you find the Endeavour's massive size to be an issue on occassions? I mean in crowded markets and tight parking spaces, does it feel a little too big? Where do you drive and park it mainly?

Its not that I am not used to big vehicles, I had a Scorpio for 7 years which I recently sold off. But despite being used to the Scorpio, the Endy still looked pretty massive to me.

How would you rate the rear (middle) seat comfort vis-a-vis the Innova that you have? I am again asking you about the middle row comfort as we as a family frequently do 400-500 kms road trips to the Himalayas from Delhi and rear seat comfort is one area I dont want to compromise on.

What is the warranty that has been offered to you? Have you opted for extended warranty?

How are the maintenance costs? Any services done till date?

Thanks again in anticipation.
Endeavour is a full size SUV and it shows. The ultra light steering wheel and Ford dynamics makes it very easy to guide through traffic. However given the size, you will start avoiding those narrow lanes and start looking out for those XL size parking space. If you are moving from point A to B in city, where in there is good parking space in both the points, size is not an issue. This is not the vehicle to take to those congested shopping places.
The middle seat of Endeavour is equally comfortable as our Innova. At low speeds there is a bit of bumpiness, but not like the pogo stick feel of Fortuner. Bad roads, rough patches is where Endeavour is in a league of its own. You can just cruise through them and middle row passengers would not even know. I do frequent 300KM trips and no one in the family complains. The place where Innova probably outshines Endeavour is with its captain seats, which offer sublime comfort.
I have taken 1 Year extended warranty in addition to the 2 year standard warranty which the car comes with. This is the maximum you can buy at the moment.
I have completed my 10K service and it costed a mere 4.5K. While parts like brake pads,filters should be pretty cheap, parts like headlamp, AC condenser,ORVMS etc. should be pretty expensive.

Last edited by PrideRed : 3rd January 2017 at 09:47.
PrideRed is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2017, 10:25   #32
BHPian

Thanks a ton for your clarifications.
The middle row comfort, especially on bad roads is very reassuring.
As regards size, I think I should be able to manage as I have a Sunny and a wagon r to do duties in those tight market places and lanes, and endeavour would be for those family outings or long drives.
Has anyone in your family tried the last row?
I again thank you for taking time out to answer my queries. Your inputs would be one of the major factors tilting the scales in favour of endeavour, although there is still about an year or so before I make the purchase.
Regards.
Old 3rd January 2017, 14:31   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvldvr View Post
Thanks a ton for your clarifications.
The middle row comfort, especially on bad roads is very reassuring.
As regards size, I think I should be able to manage as I have a Sunny and a wagon r to do duties in those tight market places and lanes, and endeavour would be for those family outings or long drives.
Has anyone in your family tried the last row?
I again thank you for taking time out to answer my queries. Your inputs would be one of the major factors tilting the scales in favour of endeavour, although there is still about an year or so before I make the purchase.
Regards.
Again as I mentioned earlier low speed ride might get a little bumpy but as speed builds up the suspension soaks the bad patches much better than Innova. The third row was used for short trips only so far and is just manageable by a medium sized adult. The Innova has slight advantage here as it has reclining back-rest. However the space on offer is slightly more in the Endeavour when it comes to third row.
P.S: The Innova I have is a previous generation one.
Old 10th April 2018, 16:54   #34
Senior - BHPian

Endeavour has been munching miles steadily and completed 30K service few months back and should be hitting 40K in another 2-3 months time. Tires look good for another 20-25K. Touchwood, the car has been flawless and fuel efficiency has been mostly hovering around 11-12KMPL. On a light foot have got around 14 at times. The best part- zero rattles and niggles. Every single part is functioning flawlessly. to Ford's reliability.
PrideRed is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 1st May 2018, 19:21   #35
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Endeavour has been munching miles steadily and completed 30K service few months back and should be hitting 40K in another 2-3 months time.
That's great news, what was your service cost for the 30k service and what was the break-up? How would rate the service quality?
Old 3rd May 2018, 10:29   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
That's great news, what was your service cost for the 30k service and what was the break-up? How would rate the service quality?
I don't remember exact numbers, but total bill came to 121xx. The rear brake pads were replaced which costed about 5.5K including tax, labour. The service was as always-top notch.
PrideRed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2018, 12:35   #37
Senior - BHPian

Got AC filter replaced as it was not done during 30K service and there were few rat infection causing foul smell. Costed 1800 bucks. Will be getting 4th year extended warranty on the Endeavour. No other issues reported as yet.
Old 20th September 2018, 08:12   #38
BHPian

Hi there
I just read your thread and I have come across your posts in a few other threads as well. I thought that you had bought the crysta until I stumbled upon this one.
I always liked fords. Well built, understated elegance, and a driver s delight.
Though I am a sedate driver and prefer not to cross 120 my question is how is the car s performance from 0-100.
I have driven the xuv, crysta and hexa. Hexa is the most relaxed, xuv the most urgent while crysta depending on what mode you use can be both. I believe you have experience of these cars as well. So how do you rate the endys performance against them.

And it s been quite some time since you posted an update.
One more thing, how is the 2.2 on the hills?
Thanks in anticipation. Hope you find the time to answer my silly question but it's important for my decision. I am really confused between the plush xuv, crysta and Ford.
Even though the ford will be extending my small budget but I look to own the car for ten years or more and so no rattles, build quality and reliability are my top priorities.
Thanks
knrn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2018, 13:07   #39
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by knrn View Post
Though I am a sedate driver and prefer not to cross 120 my question is how is the car s performance from 0-100.
I have driven the xuv, crysta and hexa. Hexa is the most relaxed, xuv the most urgent while crysta depending on what mode you use can be both. I believe you have experience of these cars as well. So how do you rate the endys performance against them.

Let me pitch in based on what I have experienced with the 2.2.

1. It is a sedate puller, a lot like the Hexa, and does not exhibit undue hurry unless you floor the throttle, and if you do, then it becomes a different beast altogether.

2. The performance is again, pretty linear on the hills with no undue downshifts like the Crysta. It uses its torque well to keep up the momentum.

For a long term ownership, nothing beats the Endeavour when compared to the other vehicles you have shortlisted.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2018, 15:18   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by knrn View Post
Hi there
I just read your thread and I have come across your posts in a few other threads as well. I thought that you had bought the crysta until I stumbled upon this one.
I always liked fords. Well built, understated elegance, and a driver s delight.

Thanks in anticipation. Hope you find the time to answer my silly question but it's important for my decision. I am really confused between the plush xuv, crysta and Ford.
Even though the ford will be extending my small budget but I look to own the car for ten years or more and so no rattles, build quality and reliability are my top priorities.
Thanks
Endeavour 2.2 has got enough low end grunt and I find it slightly better than 3.2. You wont miss the extra power of 3.2 on a highway if driving at speeds of 100-130. Real world performance is not very different than cars you mentioned. XUV being monocoque will be quicker anyday. The performance is not exhilarating but is more than adequate to keep one happy. Add to that Endeavour handles very well with very little body roll and this helps to fun to drive factor while driving in hills. If you drive a lot, Endeavour is the one to go. It stands out among those Crysta's/XUV's out there. The Endeavor is easy on pocket for regular maintenance and has proved quite reliable so far.
Old 20th September 2018, 16:24   #41
BHPian

Thanks for the info. I have always been fascinated by the endy though it's way out of my budget. However since now they have stopped producing the manual version that's the only thing against it. I am a manual transmission guy. Thanks again
knrn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2018, 12:04   #42
Senior - BHPian

Ever since the Crysta Duo's made it to my garage, the ODO of Endy is moving at a slower pace, which now reads 36K KM. Meanwhile had an opputunity to capture this black and white shot.
Attached Thumbnails
My Ford Endeavour 2.2L AT (Titanium)-endy.jpg  

PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2019, 16:01   #43
Senior - BHPian

Completed 3rd year service. The car had completed close to 39K. As I mentioned,ODO is moving at a slower pace thanks to the Crysta duo. The front brakes look good for another 10-15K and so does the tires. Did not do wheel alignment/balancing as had done the same at 35K. Total cost came to 88xx. Dirt cheap for a 40lac car. Add to that zero niggles/rattles so far. The service was top notch as always.
PrideRed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th January 2019, 11:53   #44
Senior - BHPian

May be I hit the post a little too early. One of the horn seem to have gone kaput. It works sometime and doesn't most of the times. Have to get it replaced next time I visit the service center.
Old 1st March 2019, 14:33   #45
BHPian

Hey there. Keep a check on your vehicles. I hope it is not a rat problem. Your Innova speaker went bust and now this. On a lighter vein- bad electronic days he. Hope it's just a bad patch an not some worrisome issue

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks