Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2016, 21:19   #16
BHPian

re: Our Mahindra XUV5OO AWD (refresh edition) comes home

Vinit - Congratulations on your priced possession !

Really love the way you make Neb do all that it was built to ! Not many of us have the heart to get our cars dirty and run them through water ! It's finally about how you take care of her after making her "enjoy" ! I saw you do that when you were picking the little grass that was stuck in the underbody even after a good wash after your offroading trip

It was an enjoyable clicking experience for me ! Especially the first pic, when you managed to stop the car , just centimeters from me

Wish you many more off roading trips - Do take me along as well
varunraizada is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th July 2016, 22:51   #17
BHPian

Our XUV 5OO All Wheel Drive (refresh Edition) ‘NEB’ Comes Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunraizada View Post
Vinit - Congratulations on your priced possession !

Really love the way you make Neb do all that it was built to ! Not many of us have the heart to get our cars dirty and run them through water ! It's finally about how you take care of her after making her "enjoy" ! I saw you do that when you were picking the little grass that was stuck in the underbody even after a good wash after your offroading trip

It was an enjoyable clicking experience for me ! Especially the first pic, when you managed to stop the car , just centimeters from me

Wish you many more off roading trips - Do take me along as well

Thanks varun. I had one thing clear in my mind the day she came home and that was to use the cheetah the reason she was made for including offroading. I'm glad you could see the love I have for my xuv. I cannot thank you enough for your time and the results of the photoshoot are exemplary and for all to see. Everyone has been appreciating the pictures and it's clear why. They are really fabulous.That first picture was a scary one even for me to drive in at that speed and stop just in time. You will always have first dibs on driving with me anywhere. Hope to catch up soon and get some photography pointers from you.
Cheers!
vinitbhavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2016, 23:09   #18
BHPian

Many congratulations Vinit. XUV truly signifies vfm. Wishing you lots of safe and niggle free miles in your new car.
behaln is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2016, 09:00   #19
Senior - BHPian

Vinit bhai,

Heartiest congratulations on the cheetah. Good writing accompanied by some super slick clicks of the car thanks to Varun. The personal favourites have been the first click and the one where there is a reflection of the car in the still water. Waiting for an opportunity to get the feel of the car in person.

Thanks to Tanveer for the that super pose. Was surprised to see you buying Insurance from Policy bazaar, I hope you had done the due diligence. Any plans of buying the TPMS like the one Sanjay aka SDP has?

Happy mile crunching and drive safely.
ghodlur is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th July 2016, 12:02   #20
Senior - BHPian

Good Narration and Awesome Pics Vinit. Congrats. The car looks smashing and even more when its covered with mud . It was good to meet you the other day.

Keep Revving and drive safe.

Cheers,
Raj
Desmosedici is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th July 2016, 12:19   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Vinit bhai,

Heartiest congratulations on the cheetah. Good writing accompanied by some super slick clicks of the car thanks to Varun. The personal favourites have been the first click and the one where there is a reflection of the car in the still water. Waiting for an opportunity to get the feel of the car in person.

Thanks to Tanveer for the that super pose. Was surprised to see you buying Insurance from Policy bazaar, I hope you had done the due diligence. Any plans of buying the TPMS like the one Sanjay aka SDP has?

Happy mile crunching and drive safely.
Thanks ghodlur i totally agree varun who has done a fab job and those two pics you mention seem to be the hot favorite for all of us.The insurance amount quoted by dealers was almost double the policy bazaar so opted for TATA AIG who gave me with zero dep. TPMS is installed by default by Mahindra (variant depending) and is there in my vehicle as well.
Lets catch up soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
Good Narration and Awesome Pics Vinit. Congrats. The car looks smashing and even more when its covered with mud . It was good to meet you the other day.

Keep Revving and drive safe.

Cheers,
Raj
Thanks for the kind words Desmo. Likewise was great to meet you and others from the forum. Where is the next drive to
Old 4th August 2016, 07:38   #22
Team-BHP Support

Re: Our Mahindra XUV5OO AWD (refresh edition) comes home

Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the Initial Ownership Section. Thanks for sharing!
Old 4th August 2016, 16:19   #23
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Vinit, very nice write up and lovely pics. Good thinking in getting a AWD. Sometimes i wonder if i should have stretched more but given that in last 1.5yrs of ownership I had no need to take it off road I think I can live with FWD.

Regarding the niggles, for alignment try moving the tires around. That trick worked for me. Hopefully it doesnt go off again soon.
Old 4th August 2016, 20:44   #24
BHPian

Thanks supertinu appreciate the comments keeps me motivated. I was particular about getting the AWD as something on my bucket list since a while. That's why chose it above the autobox / w10. As you said there's no need on normal roads but fun to go soft roading once a while like we did. I do miss not having the sunroof sometimes but in the end you like the choice you have made the most. That's how it is.
Going for the alignment next week will confer with expert and decide about rotation.
Old 4th August 2016, 22:41   #25
BHPian

Great narration and great thread. Love that cheetah. Photographs are especially awesome
ankurchaturvedi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2016, 07:09   #26

Thanks Vinit , For Such A Good Write UP.
We have two things in common , that is I am also a Marine Engineer and am looking for a SUV , albeit with the same point of buying a SUV with AWD.
> What is your opinion of HONDA BRV , in comparison to NEB?
> Same Budget , Wife Driving etc apprehensions . XUV 500 I thought W10 with both AWD and AT , but Budget stretches a bit (double Mind).
> Heard a bit about the automation being not upto the mark , what's your take on this?
Kindly spare some time , and would like to know your opinion about the above factors.
Old 5th August 2016, 08:04   #27
Senior - BHPian

Excellent write up Vinit ! Had fun and enjoyed going through this. Next time you are off-roading, do take me along.
blackwasp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2016, 09:43   #28
BHPian

Our Mahindra XUV5OO AWD (refresh edition) comes home

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankurchaturvedi View Post
Great narration and great thread. Love that cheetah. Photographs are especially awesome

Thanks for the kind words ankur.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsass View Post
Thanks Vinit , For Such A Good Write UP.

We have two things in common , that is I am also a Marine Engineer and am looking for a SUV , albeit with the same point of buying a SUV with AWD.

> What is your opinion of HONDA BRV , in comparison to NEB?

> Same Budget , Wife Driving etc apprehensions . XUV 500 I thought W10 with both AWD and AT , but Budget stretches a bit (double Mind).

> Heard a bit about the automation being not upto the mark , what's your take on this?

Kindly spare some time , and would like to know your opinion about the above factors.

Hey kitsass good to know you are in the same field as well. Not too many of us here. Firstly the Brv doesn't come with the AWD. I just cannot shake the MPV image from the mobilio in spite of the good job done by Honda.

AT makes sense to me if you have daily city driving but as you know being at sea this is hardly required. However if you have the budget you can go for the awd AT. If given a choice again I would still choose AWD over the autobox.

What automation are you referring to. If it's the vehicle electronics haven't faced any issues yet. Touch wood.

Do let me know your decision and any other questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Excellent write up Vinit ! Had fun and enjoyed going through this. Next time you are off-roading, do take me along.

Hey kanad thanks man it keeps me motivated. You're most welcome to join in the next offroading drive. We're planning something tomorrow let's see how it goes.

Last edited by vinitbhavi : 5th August 2016 at 10:00.
Old 5th August 2016, 09:53   #29
BHPian

Congratulations vinitbhavi. That was a lovely read. Pictures are awesome, captivating! Watch-out Mahindra may use some of them

Cheetah in silver shade looks spectacular!

Enjoy the ride and drive safe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
That was the best picture of mine you had ?!?! Or was it on purpose haha.
Tanveer, its time you start charging for your service. These days you are in BIG demand. Feels very nice to see you extending that support!
LoneRidder is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2016, 11:45   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneRidder View Post
Congratulations vinitbhavi. That was a lovely read. Pictures are awesome, captivating! Watch-out Mahindra may use some of them

Cheetah in silver shade looks spectacular!

Enjoy the ride and drive safe!

Tanveer, its time you start charging for your service. These days you are in BIG demand. Feels very nice to see you extending that support!
Thanks loneridder. Glad you like the pictures so much. I had like the orange and purple as well but in the end really happy with the Silver. She does really look spectacular. Tanveer is a good friend and we go for drives quite often , he helped out greatly during the PDI.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks