Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2016, 12:19   #46
BHPian

Re: Our Mahindra XUV5OO AWD (refresh edition) comes home

Thanks for such an detailed overview, felt like reliving my initial days with XUV.
On the downside of XUV - you will have real hard time when time comes to replace XUV. There is hardly a vehicle which offers VFM anywhere close to XUV.
Many original XUV owners end up buying the updated XUV. However if you are looking for a 'Change', one has to shell out a bomb for Ze Germans or live with overpriced Toyotas
Acharya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2016, 18:32   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitonwheels View Post
Agreed!
I had a query. Not sure if this is the right thread. Vinit: today while coming back home, tyre got punctured. When i had a closer look into the tyre, discovered that a huge piece of broken glass bottle has pierced the tyre. Size of the broken glass was almost an inch. Now my question is will it get repaired? Since the damage to the tyre is huge, will it get covered under bridgestone warranty we get?
Hey rohit that's a bummer. I doubt that it would be covered under warranty due to external factors which manufacturer can't control. However give me a day's time will try to get some information and see if we can work something out for you
Old 19th August 2016, 22:51   #48

Thanks Vinit. I didnt get time to visit bridge stone dealer. Will do tat tomorrow. Anyways how's the best doing?
Old 20th August 2016, 02:08   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitbhavi View Post
Hey rohit that's a bummer. I doubt that it would be covered under warranty due to external factors which manufacturer can't control. However give me a day's time will try to get some information and see if we can work something out for you
Its a very rare case to see a tyre manufacturer honouring a warranty on a tyre, They will clearly state it has happened due to external factors like potholes or nails on the road etc and those are NOT covered under warranty!
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2016, 06:19   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acharya View Post
Thanks for such an detailed overview, felt like reliving my initial days with XUV.
On the downside of XUV - you will have real hard time when time comes to replace XUV. There is hardly a vehicle which offers VFM anywhere close to XUV.
Many original XUV owners end up buying the updated XUV. However if you are looking for a 'Change', one has to shell out a bomb for Ze Germans or live with overpriced Toyotas
Actually you are so right. If one is looking for a decent SUV in the 15 to 20/25 lac range he is not exactly overwhelmed by a plethora of choices. The XUV seems to be the only real option here.

Last edited by wilful : 20th August 2016 at 06:35.
Old 20th August 2016, 10:45   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitonwheels View Post
Thanks Vinit. I didnt get time to visit bridge stone dealer. Will do tat tomorrow. Anyways how's the best doing?
hey rohit so checked with a couple of guys on various groups and most agree with me and tanveer that since its an external damage not manufacture defects very unlikely they will entertain warranty claims in fact if the damage is extensive it would be advisable to renew the Tyre itself. Maybe folks at the dealership can help out and do that for you accepting it as a one of case since the cheetah is brand new.
beast is doing good however have visited the workshop thrice in as many months shes been home with a few minor issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Its a very rare case to see a tyre manufacturer honouring a warranty on a tyre, They will clearly state it has happened due to external factors like potholes or nails on the road etc and those are NOT covered under warranty!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acharya View Post
Thanks for your kind words acharya. i agree most competitors are miles away on pricing the xuv is truly bang for your buck kind of car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
Actually you are so right. If one is looking for a decent SUV in the 15 to 20/25 lac range he is not exactly overwhelmed by a plethora of choices. The XUV seems to be the only real option here.
Absolutely agree in fact most other in the competition are seriously overpriced.

Most Viewed