Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2020, 12:02   #61
BHPian

re: Skoda Laura 1.8L TSi - My Pre-Worshipped Missile EDIT: Sold!

Hi everyone! Apologies for not updating the thread in almost 2 years as I had started a new venture on the work side of things. But as a lot of members say, sometimes no updates means a good thing.

Here's a quick overview of what all has happened since the last update.

It's been regular services at every 10k kms as usual.

Got the timing chain update at around 40k kms because why not? It's something that weighs on each owners mind and might as well get it done.

The suspension leaked at around 42k kms so in went Eibach Pro Street S coilovers sourced from AutoPsyche in Delhi.

The radiator developed a leak on the engine bay side at around 55k kms and while I got it welded shut, I wouldn't be very confident driving the same radiator, under the fear that when it might develop another leak, so I got it replaced with a new one.

Was facing some issues with the Low beam HIDs flickering so I have now installed a full new set of LED bulbs in low and high beam, will share a review soon. Looks amazing preliminarily.

Just a 1000kms ago I was facing issue of unstable idle at cold start, which became absolutely smooth after 30 secs but unstable idle even for 30 secs doesn't inspire confidence so with the help of GT Tunerz in Delhi, was able to zero down the issue to a choked carbon canister and have installed a new one. Now the engine is purring smoothly from the get go.

and that's about it.

Actually, the car left its track car duties forever after last one I had posted on the thread because I found out that Buddh now offers "Arrive and Drive" in the Ameo Cup Cars for around Rs 18k for 45 minutes. These are the 1.8 TSI engined, fully caged, racing seats, racing steering wheel, 6 speed DSG box cars that are used in the actual championship. I would have to spend a hell of lot of money to come close to the performance these cars offer on track and when I start counting all the extra wear and tear that track driving puts on your car, I am super happy with renting someone else's fully built track car instead.

Odo stands at 59k now and almost all of it has happened with my Father driving between Delhi and Jaipur on the weekends to come spend time with me. He absolutely loves the car, its agility in changing direction, it's acceleration and it's braking.

Since the radiator incident, dad has since picked up a new pre-owned 2018 vehicle, which is a diesel automatic and now I am planning to give the Laura some TLC in the paint department or maybe the vRS bodykit and a downpipe exhaust? Please do share if someone has a source who for the vRS kit. I actually ended up never installing the BBK Varitune muffler I had bought so contemplating if it's finally time for it to go in. Akshay at GT Tunerz did a test drive and told that the engine is absolutely healthy and car would be great if you want to keep it longer.

Attaching some pictures below for all to enjoy.
Skoda Laura 1.8L TSi - My Pre-Worshipped Missile EDIT: Sold!-1.png

Skoda Laura 1.8L TSi - My Pre-Worshipped Missile EDIT: Sold!-2.jpeg

Skoda Laura 1.8L TSi - My Pre-Worshipped Missile EDIT: Sold!-3.png

Skoda Laura 1.8L TSi - My Pre-Worshipped Missile EDIT: Sold!-4.jpeg

Skoda Laura 1.8L TSi - My Pre-Worshipped Missile EDIT: Sold!-5.png

Skoda Laura 1.8L TSi - My Pre-Worshipped Missile EDIT: Sold!-6.jpeg

Name:  7.png
Views: 2075
Size:  689.6 KB

Last edited by jalajprakash : 20th August 2020 at 12:04.
jalajprakash is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 24th August 2020, 13:25   #62
BHPian

Really love the way you are maintaining your Car, I know Skodas can be very reliable if you do periodic maintenance.

Hows the car after the Eibach upgrade?

Cover the Chrome bits with Black Wrap and you'll have an even sexier looking car.

Cheers.
xtremeshock is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2020, 13:42   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremeshock View Post
Really love the way you are maintaining your Car, I know Skodas can be very reliable if you do periodic maintenance.

Hows the car after the Eibach upgrade?

Cover the Chrome bits with Black Wrap and you'll have an even sexier looking car.

Cheers.
Thank you. Eibachs are fairly comfortable and cut out the body roll completely. I only recently figured out that they are not damping adjustable so guess that's something worth considering when you're comparing options. The ride height is also not a problem inside of Delhi or Jaipur but in between is when it starts being an issue. The Delhi-Jaipur highway is in such a bad condition after the monsoons that any vehicle, not just my Laura would be in for a shock if the wheels drop into one of the many craters and peaks that have formed on the highway. Currently have the height increased to maximum of what is possible with the Eibachs and no issues now.

Regarding converting Chrome bits to black, will be taking a decision soon. If the vRS bodykit goes on then yes everything will be converted to black. Without the vRS bodykit, completely blacked out won't look so good. Or else, someone has approached me to purchase the vehicle as is and is offering good value, so might just let it go and start looking for another project car.
jalajprakash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2020, 11:21   #64
BHPian

aaaaaand just like that the saga of My Pre-Worshipped Missile comes to an end. Have decided to part ways with my Skoda Laura 1.8 TSI since I am planning to move abroad by next year. Purchased this car at 14k kms and have maintained it in the best possible manner and gotten all services done in front of me as I have already documented in this thread. The car has run it’s last 30,000 kms running on the highway between Jaipur and Delhi almost every weekend. Below is a list of all the modifications I’ve done

GFB DV+ Performance Diverter Valve

BFI Dogbone Mount Insert Street

ECS Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines

Neuspeed Rear Sway Bar End Links

EBC Yellow Stuff Brake Pads Front and Rear

Brembo Disc Rotors Front and Rear

SPULEN Boost Pipe Kit

Lenso Conquista 7 17" wheels

Michelin PS3 tires 225/45/17

Hotchkis Rear Sway Bar Adjustable

Audi R8 Red Top Coilpacks

NGK BKR8EIX Iridium Spark Plugs

LED Upgraded Headlights

ECS Magnetic Drain Plug Reusable

MRR Conical Tuner Spline Bolts

Integrated Engineering Stage 2 Air Intake

APR Pendulum Mount

Eibach Pro Street S Coilovers

Latest update Chain Tensioner installed

I haven’t done any ECU Remaps since I felt that there was more than enough power available in stock form. The total cost of the car and the modifications was 12.5L+. Car has been serviced at every 10,000 kms interval. Willing to answer any questions that buyer may have about the car. Got the car a nice polish and wax so that it's looking good and I can enjoy that black shine once before I let go of the car. Sharing some pictures below.

Have listed the car on OLX : https://www.olx.in/item/skoda-laura-...iid-1595999736

Have also listed on TeamBHP Classifieds but ad is yet to be approved.

Skoda Laura 1.8L TSi - My Pre-Worshipped Missile EDIT: Sold!-1.png

Skoda Laura 1.8L TSi - My Pre-Worshipped Missile EDIT: Sold!-2.png

Skoda Laura 1.8L TSi - My Pre-Worshipped Missile EDIT: Sold!-3.png

Skoda Laura 1.8L TSi - My Pre-Worshipped Missile EDIT: Sold!-4.png

Skoda Laura 1.8L TSi - My Pre-Worshipped Missile EDIT: Sold!-5.jpeg

Skoda Laura 1.8L TSi - My Pre-Worshipped Missile EDIT: Sold!-6.jpeg

Skoda Laura 1.8L TSi - My Pre-Worshipped Missile EDIT: Sold!-7.png

Skoda Laura 1.8L TSi - My Pre-Worshipped Missile EDIT: Sold!-8.png

Skoda Laura 1.8L TSi - My Pre-Worshipped Missile EDIT: Sold!-9.png

Skoda Laura 1.8L TSi - My Pre-Worshipped Missile EDIT: Sold!-10.png

Skoda Laura 1.8L TSi - My Pre-Worshipped Missile EDIT: Sold!-11.png

Skoda Laura 1.8L TSi - My Pre-Worshipped Missile EDIT: Sold!-12.png
jalajprakash is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 12th October 2020, 00:20   #65
BHPian

My Pre-Worshipped Missile has now become someone else's. Attaching below some pictures I took before doing tankful on the evening before the new owner came for a test drive. Gonna miss this one Thankful for all the adventures and friends that I've made due to my ownership of the car and hope that it helps the new owner in making some new adventures of his own.

Skoda Laura 1.8L TSi - My Pre-Worshipped Missile EDIT: Sold!-whatsapp-image-20201012-12.12.25-am-1.png

Skoda Laura 1.8L TSi - My Pre-Worshipped Missile EDIT: Sold!-whatsapp-image-20201012-12.12.25-am.png
jalajprakash is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2021, 14:38   #66

Re: Skoda Laura 1.8L TSi - My Pre-Worshipped Missile EDIT: Sold!

Excellent thread boss! I've been thinking about getting a TSI for myself from the past 6months. Have been reading threads about it day in and day out. The only thing stopping me is the expensive maintenance, Being that I'm a student pursuing law, though i wish to keep the car with me after I graduate. have negotiated a few deals as well. Would like to know what the gurus would suggest? To get a TSI or stick to something comparatively modern and reliable.
Old 22nd March 2021, 16:00   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushagra_29 View Post
have negotiated a few deals as well. Would like to know what the gurus would suggest? To get a TSI or stick to something comparatively modern and reliable.
Interesting question. I am a law gradute myself and have been a practising corporate lawyer for the last 15 years, but have not been able to muster up the courage to pick up a Skoda TSI even now, even though I love the driving experience.

Of course, that was on a lighter note. However, unless you have deep pockets at your stage in life, it is best to start off with a cheaper to run/maintain car. There are plenty on threads on alternative enthusiast cars under INR 6-10 lakhs on the forum, you can consider those instead. The time to splurge on an Octavia would eventually come along a few years later, at which point you can comfortably assume the financial costs associated with an expensive VAG car. I am no guru, especially on VAG cars, but this is just my opinion.
Old 22nd March 2021, 16:52   #68

I agree with what you're saying. This is what's stopping me in the first place, which is why a TSI is not on the top of my list.(despite my heart desperately wanting it). Thinking about getting a '13 Jazz or a 1st gen swift and getting stage 1 mods. Guess that'll be reasonable to maintain and fun to drive. Been looking for a car for a long time, but can't decide what to get. My search started with a 2002 Vtec, but later realized that a car that old would be a nightmare to look after, keeping in mind the maintenance cost. Also, any idea how would a 2012 Civic be for occasional leisure driving?
Presently thinking about a Jazz most probably. Planning to purchase in the next 2 months. Let's see where it goes.
Kushagra_29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2021, 22:27   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushagra_29 View Post
To get a TSI or stick to something comparatively modern and reliable.
Skoda Laura TSI is a very well researched platform at this point. You especially being located in Bangalore have plenty of aftermarket support. Just make sure Timing Kit revision has been installed (or save up for it). Get a pre-purchase inspection before purchasing and you should be good! I consider to be the best smiles per rupee car in the Indian market today
jalajprakash is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks