Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2017, 18:16   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwalker View Post
Thank you for outlining your thought process on the selection in such detail.

Is something like that possible with Brezza?

Thanks!
Thanks.

Yes, it's very much possible. Infact, the space is much more because the seats can be folded down and seatback can be folded therefore a lot of space is liberated. It is more than a WagonR vertically.

Images from the official review.

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-marutivitarabrezza24.jpg

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-marutivitarabrezza25.jpg

Last edited by BoneCollector : 11th July 2017 at 18:32.
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2017, 18:26   #47
BHPian

Thanks for the quick response! Yes length / width wise there is no problem. I was wondering whether vertically it is similar to WagonR.

Edit: Thanks for the addition re vertical space!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Thanks.

Yes, it's very much possible. Infact, the space is much more because the seats can be folded down and seatback can be folded therefore a lot of space is liberated.

Last edited by mrwalker : 11th July 2017 at 18:48.
Old 22nd September 2017, 17:35   #48
BHPian

Re: Birthday gift to my Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+

Quote:
I have always complained about the poor lights of Brezza. I am using 100/90W with relay in my WagonR and they do the job quite well. So in Brezza, I ended up upgrading the stock headlamps with Philips Xtreme Vision Plus 130% for both, the high as well as low beam in stock wattage of 55W.
Hi BoneCollector, I also replaced my stock low beam bulbs with Philips Xtreme Vision Plus from Maruti owned service center here in Naraina, Delhi. Its available at Rs. 640 per piece and is MGA. However after that i am facing couple of issues:

1. Both low beam lights are now projecting downwards instead of straight
2. Left side beam is going far as compared to the other side.

Can there is fitting issues like tilted / loose bulb fitted by Maruti guys ? What was your experience and any suggestions please. Thanks.
Old 22nd September 2017, 18:42   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashdel View Post
Hi BoneCollector, I also replaced my stock low beam bulbs with Philips Xtreme Vision Plus from Maruti owned service center here in Naraina, Delhi. Its available at Rs. 640 per piece and is MGA. However after that i am facing couple of issues:

1. Both low beam lights are now projecting downwards instead of straight
2. Left side beam is going far as compared to the other side.

Can there is fitting issues like tilted / loose bulb fitted by Maruti guys ? What was your experience and any suggestions please. Thanks.
Check the alignment of bulbs. They've to fit in a slot. I had faced same issue on RHS as it was not slotted into the slot. The light was going somewhere up. It can be done by you, just check it. Or take it to service center as they're the one who fixed it for you.
Old 25th September 2017, 18:53   #50
BHPian

Quote:
I have always complained about the poor lights of Brezza.
============
A speacial thanks to Dr. Naren and Dr. Parvez (from VBOC) for helping me out.
How are the lamps working doc? I am thinking of doing the same with my Brezza too. A short review of the changes if possible would be very helpful.
Old 28th September 2017, 21:01   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aakash1412 View Post
How are the lamps working doc? I am thinking of doing the same with my Brezza too. A short review of the changes if possible would be very helpful.
Sorry for delayed response, I was quite busy. I'm very happy with the light setup. I've replaced my stock bulbs with Philips Extreme Vision Plus 130 in stock wattage of 55W at first. The output was much better than stock bulbs but still not to my liking. Then I upgraded to Micro XP Fogs. I did the installation and wiring myself with some help from MASS. The details are posted in this thread itself. I'll share some output shots for your help, but all were shot in basement. The Micro XP Fogs light up even the corners a little bit. They are at their full brightness after being on for some time. Hope it helps.

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-img_20170928_202808.jpg

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-img_20170928_202712.jpg

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-img_20170928_202926.jpg

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-img_20170928_203243.jpg

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-img_20170928_203503.jpg
BoneCollector is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th October 2017, 18:58   #52
BHPian

Quote:
I have always complained about the poor lights of Brezza. I am using 100/90W with relay in my WagonR and they do the job quite well. So in Brezza, I ended up upgrading the stock headlamps with Philips Xtreme Vision Plus 130% for both, the high as well as low beam in stock wattage of 55W.
Hi BoneCollector, can you help me with the MGP part number for Phillips Xtreme Vision Plus high beam bulbs which i guess are H7 types. These are not available at any Maruti dealer workshop and they have requested me to provide the part number so that they can arrange for the same. Many Thanks.
Old 14th October 2017, 21:24   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashdel View Post
Hi BoneCollector, can you help me with the MGP part number for Phillips Xtreme Vision Plus high beam bulbs which i guess are H7 types. These are not available at any Maruti dealer workshop and they have requested me to provide the part number so that they can arrange for the same. Many Thanks.
Hi, very sorry for replying late. I had sourced the bulbs from Amazon. The ones available as MGA are mainly for Ciaz and Stingray as per the MASS but they'll fit into Brezza. You'll have to check whether they're xtreme vision or xtreme vision plus.

Just a quick update, the car was driven back from Gurgaon in 2 phases, Gurgaon to Lucknow on one day where the route taken was Yamuna Expressway and Agra Lucknow Expressway. There was some spirited driving and fuel efficiency was 17.5kmpl. From Lucknow to home, it was a drive of 547kms on NH28 with maximum speed 98kmph. The fuel efficiency on this leg was 21.1kmpl. Overall a satisfying drive.
BoneCollector is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th October 2017, 18:30   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Had gone on a 200km drive today, and the condensation issue has again cropped up, albeit much less than last time. Weather is kind of humid and dry at times so not sure what's the reason this time. Showed it to Workshop Manager while coming back just for info and he said he'll inform people higher up. My both headlamp units were changed in March I guess.

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-img_20171015_182122.jpg

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-img_20171015_182138.jpg

I'm not sure if they'll do anything this time. Anyway I'm happy with my light setup and will follow it up only if it starts condensing a lot. Had posted this just a few days back-

Quote:
Hi, great write up. My headlamps were replaced under warranty and I haven't faced extreme condensation like earlier but yes, there is some amount of condensation which occurs if there is some heavy rains after a hot humid weather.

The condensation issue per se. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post4084383

Quote:
Originally Posted by gururajrv View Post
Have you heard of any owner confirming resolution post the replacement?
And now I get it, again!

Last edited by BoneCollector : 15th October 2017 at 18:34.
Old 21st October 2017, 00:19   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'm not sure if they'll do anything this time. Anyway I'm happy with my light setup and will follow it up only if it starts condensing a lot. Had posted this just a few days back- And now I get it, again!
Thanks for following up on this sir! Yes, it looks like a defective design that's either letting the heat generated within the headlamp assembly stay inside without a small hole as ventilation support for the heat to go out or the humid weather is the culprit for all this condensation issue within the assembly - not sure if i'm sound technical when I'm mentioning this, but this is what I think .

This will have to be escalated to the higher ups in MASS or MS rather, because of the fact, the least MASS can do is to switch another assembly as replacement but they won't consult with MUL for sure. This will not go anywhere and is bound to sit with us for a long time to come

This is one reason why I didn't bother going to my service station.

Have you noticed any drop in lighting performance on the other hand when you find this condensation happening? I haven't noticed any drop as such. Cross verifying with you.
Old 4th November 2017, 08:19   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gururajrv View Post

Have you noticed any drop in lighting performance on the other hand when you find this condensation happening? I haven't noticed any drop as such. Cross verifying with you.
Sorry for a delayed response. The first time it started happening was during last year monsoons. The condensation was so much that it would scatter the light thereby reducing it's intensity in an already pathetic illumination of the headlights. It took a few months for them to change it. This time, with the new headlamps,the condensation is less but it's there. I've not noticed any drop in performance, maybe because I'm using Micro Fogs which in themselves are too good and mask the poor performance of headlights.

Last edited by BoneCollector : 4th November 2017 at 08:20.
Old 21st February 2019, 14:27   #57

Quote:
The only wiring done by technician was that for high beam connection wherein the wires were brought from inside the cabin to engine bay and then power tapped from battery and connected to high beams of Micro-fogs. Everything​ else from fixing the Micro-fogs to connecting them was done by me. The wires were connected and taped using a rubber taping and then I used plastic zip-ties to secure the ends. All other wiring was done by me using scotch-locks. No wires were spliced anywhere.
Can you post some pictures of how and where the fog lamp high beam control wires were brought from inside the cabin to the engine bay. Was the opening sealed after the wiring pass through?

Last edited by manson : 21st February 2019 at 15:03. Reason: Fixed quote.
Old 19th June 2019, 13:39   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayanan_j View Post
Can you post some pictures of how and where the fog lamp high beam control wires were brought from inside the cabin to the engine bay. Was the opening sealed after the wiring pass through?
Hi, sorry for such a late reply. The wires were routed through a single grommet by a MASS technician. Since it's a rubber piece, we tried to make a hole smaller than the wire and pulled it through. Although plan was to put M-seal there but I didn't do it.

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-img_20190619_115955.jpg
The white ones are for fog switch, blue one for DRLs and 3 black ones for the front camera.

Please excuse the spider webs and dirt.

Last edited by BoneCollector : 19th June 2019 at 13:43.
Old 19th June 2019, 21:57   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'm attaching snaps and a video for clear understanding.
Hello BC.

Thank you for this. This is something that I have been looking out for. I wanted to ask you ->

0. A link to the cam. If you bought it is a full set, can you give me the link to that set?
1. Is there a link to your DIY or a link to another DIY that can help me with this?
2. Did you explore the possibility of using the stock head unit to show the front cam?
Old 19th June 2019, 22:35   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
Hello BC.

Thank you for this. This is something that I have been looking out for. I wanted to ask you ->

0. A link to the cam. If you bought it is a full set, can you give me the link to that set?
1. Is there a link to your DIY or a link to another DIY that can help me with this?
2. Did you explore the possibility of using the stock head unit to show the front cam?
Hi,

I'll answer your questions, there might be some errors as it's been about 2 years.

0. I had purchased a reverse camera setup from Amazon for Rs.1800/- which was perfect, the only major issue was that I was unable to flip the image from camera to normal. It was a reverse camera, and it did show me things in mirror image. Then I asked on forum and Slicvic helped me as he has a similar setup in his Creta. He connected me with one person in Mangalore, shop's name is Underground or something like that. I don't remember the exact price but he did send me a camera and monitor that would show how it was intended at first place.

1. I'm really sorry as there is no link to my DIY. I was doing it all alone at home, passed the wires through the grommet and connected it to a switch mounted on gear lever. The switch is from Amazon. The power supply was taken from a fuse tap as far as I remember. The camera switches on only when I need it. The monitor is mounted to the left side as you can see.

2. No. I did not explore using the head unit for the front camera.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks