Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2016, 22:57   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+

Disclaimer:- I'm not a great writer and I can be dead boring at times, even during the course of this ownership report. bear with me. Also at the outset I would like to let you guys know that the opening post is an emotional one with listing of all my previous vehicles and I've somewhat strayed away from the way ownership reports are penned down but that's the way it is. I hope I'll not bore you to sleep.

Teaser:-

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-img_20160811_225019.jpg

OPERATION KHOJ Part 2::

It was a long time back, about 3 years, when the SUV bug bit me. Till then, I had been a dreamer of SUVs as it was unimaginable for me to buy one! One fine day in 2013, during a chat with my elder brother, we delved upon the idea of having a bigger gaadi for ourselves, especially for highways. Before jumping on to the answer to the question, why a bigger gaadi, I would like to share about the vehicles owned by us.

Premier Padmini:-
The first 4 wheeler owned by our family was a second hand Premier Padmini in chocolate brown colour, way back in 1986. I have fond memories of that car, we were able to travel even during rains and winters! That was like a blessing for us. We were happy with the car, so much so that Dad ended up booking a 118NE which was despised by me and my elder brother. No offense to any of the owners but to us, it looked like a bed with wheels, boxy without any design elements.

Maruti 800 STD. :-
It was in year 1987, that Maruti started a showroom at Patna . Dad booked a Maruti 800 STD in cream colour. It was delivered in mid-November and that was our first new car. It was a great feeling to lay hands on a new car, although I was very young at that time to even think about driving. So whenever Bhai (my elder brother) used to come home (he was studying at R.I.M.C., Dehradun), we would sit inside the car for hours together, he on driving seat and myself on passenger seat, and we would enact as if we are in a flight cockpit. It was fun. My first experience of driving a car was in 1991, when I tried to drive it in an open field and succeeded in doing so for about 5 meters! After that, I never sat on driving seat for next 5 years, I was promised by Dad that he'll teach me after I pass my 10th boards. In year 1996, I started learning how to drive and was able to do so without much issues. But I was not allowed to take the car on public roads before I got my license. In the meanwhile, the car was munching miles. I started driving it regularly after 1998. This car stayed with us till 2005 and was given to an uncle of mine after clocking over 1.5 lakh kilometers, without any engine issue. It had the original made in Japan engine and many other things, that car had around 85% Japanese parts. The Fiat and our 800 in same frame with my brother, cousin and uncle.

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-fiat.jpg

Here is a snap of its compatriot, my Nanaji 's car with me and my uncle. Both cars came a few days apart and this one is still working! The car parked ahead of Maruti 800 is the Fiat.

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-800.jpg

Hyundai Santro Xing:-
In 2005, we planned for a second car but this time with AC and therefore zeroed down on the Hyundai Santro. It came in November 2005. I was not at home those days and was not much informed about the car scene. The car was purchased from Patna dealership through an agent of dealer who used to visit my city. Later I realised that they've sold a July manufactured car to unsuspecting us in November. Anyway, we did enjoy that car for a good 7 years. It was a great vehicle and we were happy with our choice.

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-old-santro.jpg

Maruti Suzuki Alto LXi:-
In the meanwhile, Bhai required a vehicle when he was posted at MHOW so he went ahead with an Alto from CSD. This was in August 2005. We brothers have very fond memories with the Alto. We have had 2 very long drives in it and thoroughly enjoyed it. Alto stayed at home for close to 2 years when Bhai was posted at remote location. Then it went to IIM Indore and finally Mumbai, from where it was sold off.

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-alto.jpg
Here it is resting somewhere near Nasik on our drive from Indore to Mumbai.

Maruti Suzuki Ritz VXi:-
In 2009, I came home after studies and was located at Patna for close to 2 years. During that time, we had only Santro at home, so a hunt for next car came up. We all decided on Maruti as we were having issues with Santro servicing in my town and there were no other car dealerships. We went to showroom to take a look at Swift and brought home a Ritz instead. We have not regretted the decision to pick up Ritz over Swift till date, but I do regret about the variant. We were getting a good deal with a ZXi but ended up buying a VXi. The Ritz is still going strong with close to 60K kms on odo and good average, and currently Bhai's daily drive.

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-dsc02037.jpg

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-dsc02034.jpg
This is one of the best angles of Ritz.

One of the trips in Ritz :-http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...l-nh2-71b.html

Maruti Suzuki Wagon R VXi:-
The Ritz headed to Gurgaon to be with my brother in 2011 and we needed another car, albeit a smaller one compared to Ritz. By this time, I was well aware of importance of ABS and Airbags. So we ended up with a WagonR VXi with Airbags and ABS. Its still with us and doing good. Details are in this thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchb...s-airbags.html

Hyundai Santro GL Plus:-
The old Santro was exchanged for a new one in 2012 as Dad was not comfortable driving a Wagon R. This car had the shortest stint with us as it was sold off to my Uncle in a year after Dad was not keen on driving post his Neurosurgery and we had parking issues near our clinic.

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-new-santro.jpg
Dad with his Santro.

I have also driven my sister-in-law's Honda City but was never comfortable with its low seating. If you see, we've had mostly tall seating vehicles so preference was more towards that.

All the while, we have had small cars and somehow it was tiring for Dad and Mom even for short distance trips to Patna lately with age catching up and Mahatma Gandhi setu giving nightmares http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ndhi-setu.html. So towards the end of 2013, we seriously started looking for a bigger vehicle, especially for highway runs.

Last edited by BoneCollector : 18th September 2016 at 21:00.
BoneCollector is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 16th August 2016, 14:59   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+

A question might arise as to why the thread is named as Operation Khoj Part 2? Well, since this was a hunt for a perfect car for us and we had to select from a great deal of them, hence the name.

Requirements:-
  • Minimum 2 airbags with ABS, preferably more airbags. Since there is no way of knowing the structural strength and crash rating of sold in India cars, kept fingers crossed for this.
  • We needed a car that could accommodate 5 easily, and 4 in luxury.We are 4 people in the family who stay here and the number goes up to 6 and half when Bhai visits us 2-3 times a year. Since we already own a Wagon R and wanted an occasional 7 seater, 7 seater use limited to maybe 4-5 times over a distance of 10kms within the city and 80kms on rare occasions in a year on highways. Mostly it'll be used for highways with 4-5 people. This thought process also helped us in narrowing down our choice from a 7 seater to a 5 seater. If we all had to go to some place within city, we can use both vehicles if required. Having a vehicle with smaller footprint helps in city driving also.
  • Another major requirement was higher ground clearance. There are many places in my city as well state wherein I have to do little bit of off-roading on the road!. Sheel can vouch for this.
  • We wanted a petrol car as this would be our secondary car, mainly limited to outstation trips. But Dad asked me why not diesel? His logic was that petrol vehicles with high kerb weight will give lesser mileage compared to their diesel sibling. Moreover, with whatever price difference between petrol and diesel, any day a diesel vehicle will give more kmpl. So we included diesel vehicles also and it did open up more options.
  • The most important criteria was comfort for my parents, both over 60. Egress/Ingress should be as good as if not better than our Wagon R! This was a criteria which went against most SUVs. Mom was uncomfortable with climbing up into a Scorpio/ Safari earlier.
  • Hassle-free/Lesser hassle to maintain.
  • Something that would fit in with our Wagon R within the area available in our campus.This was another important criteria as we couldn't go in for a vehicle that would be difficult to accommodate.
  • Max I could stretch was 12L.

Why Part 2? For this, you'll have to go through this thread, http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ts-inside.html And then you would realize that my hunt for the current car was none less than this!

We started off with tabulating the available dealers in my city and also at Patna. Since we were looking for a car with higher GC, our choices were amongst the SUVs and Compact SUVs and Cross-overs available from Mahindra (Scorpio & XUV5OO), Ford (Ecosport) and Renault (Duster). Later on, we added Hyundai Creta and Maruti S-Cross and Brezza as they were launched. We also did a test drive of Honda Mobilio. I did not like the design of TUV3OO so I skipped it altogether.
I'll be listing the likes and dislikes of each vehicle as per my point of view.

Mahindra Scorpio New Gen :-
My mother has been a fan of Scorpio till date. She likes it a lot. I took a test drive when it was just launched.
  • Great road presence
  • Easy to drive
  • Commanding road view
  • Respect from fellow motorists
  • Easily reachable gear lever (when compared to XUV)
Dislikes:-
  • You actually need to climb into Scorpio which might be not so easy for my parents.
  • The Scorpio already had some rattle in it. Not that refined.
  • The steering of Scorpio shuddered when it went through a pothole. (The XUV had no issues with the very same pothole at same speeds.)
  • The side step to climb into it seemed a little short for rear passengers and its plastic covering was already coming out.
  • It was crude.
  • Service center was in my black list already.

Mahindra XUV5OO:
  • Safety feature loaded
  • Great road presence
  • Easy to drive, more like a car.
  • Refined compared to Scorpio
  • Lesser rattles than Scorpio
  • Easy ingress and egress.
  • Road view not as commanding as Scorpio
  • I was missing the gear lever, its positioned little behind to my liking.
  • Felt more like a car!
  • Service center was in my black list already.

Ford Ecosport:-
Ford came very late to the party in my city. And they came with an attitude. I tried umpteen number of times for a test drive, and everytime I was told to visit their showroom and they will not come to my house. I wanted to check the parking space if it can easily accommodate both vehicles. I realised it was not going to happen. I visited their showroom and checked the vehicle. No doubts its solidly built and has a host of safety features, but 2 things that didn't help in its favour were 2nd row space and dealer attitude. I didn't take a test drive that time and came back.

Renault Duster:-
The dealership was located at Patna and they coordinated with me for a test drive on my visit to Patna. I wanted a test drive of AWD and was given a test drive of AWD. I was literally sold off on this one.

• Butter smooth ride
  • No lag in city traffic
  • Smooth gearshift
  • Loads of space
  • Humongous boot
  • No service center in my town, although one has come up now.
  • Poor reputation of Patna service center
  • Rusting issues as reported here on Team BHP.

Honda Mobilio:-
  • Seats 7
  • A van
  • Narrow seats
  • Last row has tremendous body roll.
  • Not at all VFM

Hyundai Creta:-
I had been following the iX25 thread religiously and was hoping for an early launch. When it did launch, I was thrilled and had made up my mind to pick up the vehicle. Alas, the prices just blew everything on my face. I was so sad that day that I could not even eat.
  • Good looking
  • Ride was also fine except the steering bit.
  • Rear AC
  • Feature loaded
  • Petrol was unavailable for test drive, still unavailable as of today.
  • No SX(O) in petrol.
  • Very poor record of the service center here.
  • Price, Price, Price.

During the course of time, we had firmly zeroed down on our requirement to be a 5 seater only so the Scorpio, XUV and Mobilio were ticked off.

Maruti S-Cross:-
In the meantime, Maruti launched the S-Cross. But again, it was not available in my city as there is no Nexa outlet. An extensive test drive was planned on my visit to Gurgaon. We took a test drive of both, 1.3 as well as 1.6. I was blown away by the car. It was just perfect, or this is what I was thinking. Then came the prices which hampered me to even think about a 1.6. I was reluctantly trying to persuade myself to settle for a 1.3 Alpha. But I was being haunted by this line, if it has to be a S-Cross, it has to be a 1.6! Still, in October 2015, I went to Patna to book a S-Cross. I took a test drive again but then decided to wait till auto-expo and new launches till then.
  • Hatchback type looks, will pass unnoticed by many.
  • Superb 1.6
  • Disc brakes all around
  • Great driving dynamics
  • Superb comfort and loads of space
  • All variants had basic safety features, 6 airbags would have been better.
  • Maruti service network.
  • Too costly, 1.6 was out of range.
  • Local service center was not that well versed with it

Some vehicles that I did not consider with reasons not to consider them,

Mahindra Thar :-
Someone asked me once, why spending money on a compact soft roader and not XUV/Duster which I can take offroad also to which I told them that if I want a offroad SUV, I would either go for Thar or a Gypsy. But in my scenario, both were impractical for my requirements. Maybe some day.

Tata Safari Storme :-
Humongous, but not to my taste. Especially wary of service center issues.

Honda BR-V :-
I was not convinced with its look, read uncanny resemblance to Mobilio. Moreover, my vehicle was already on way.

Nissan Terrano :-
Dealership at Patna, premium over Duster.

I did not even bat an eyelid for cars from Chevrolet or Fiat.

I had detailed discussions with my brother as well as Sheel who helped me out of my dilemma at times.

Last edited by BoneCollector : 22nd August 2016 at 15:56.
BoneCollector is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 17th August 2016, 15:18   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

I had been following the YBA thread, as well as all possible news items available on internet to know about it. On 4th February 2016, with bated breath, I saw the unveiling of my future ride, Vitara Brezza. I was so excited that I made my parents and wife sit and watch the live webcast till end. I was a little confused that prices were not declared at the end but came to understand that its just an unveiling and launching is in March. Thrilled to the core, I summoned my contact at Dealership and asked him to meet me. I even asked him to take my booking amount which he politely refused saying that he'll do it once booking starts. I started following all the news available and also speculations about the expected price. Back of my mind, I had zeroed on the top-end version and even starting planning about its funding! The car was finally launched on 8th March making an end to the wait. Little did I know that time that this blockbuster will have waiting from day 1!

Booking process:-
I was the first person to book a Brezza in any variant in my city, mine being ZDi+ Dual Tone. I had handed over the booking amount cheque of ₹51000/- on 7th March itself and made 7-8 calls on 8th March to know about my booking status. I was told by dealership that bookings were not being taken from their end on that day. On 9th March, I got a call in afternoon that my booking has been done and by evening, I was handed over the receipt. I was glad that finally I had a booking number. Then started the waiting game. Every other day, I would call the SA only to be told that initial batches will arrive by March 3rd week. I was happy that I'll get my vehicle by March end-April first week. Then around 17th March, I got a call from him that there has been an error and he needs to meet me urgently. He said that the booking amount specified by company is ₹21000/- and he needs a separate cheque of that amount but first he'll return the previous amount of ₹51000/- I skeptically asked him if my booking number will change to which he said no. I handed him a cheque of ₹21000/- and he gave me a cheque of ₹51000/-. Then came March 3rd week and everything was shut down owing to Holi celebrations. Around 22nd March, I got a call saying that 2 Brezza's have been received by dealership and I could take a look if I wanted. I rushed to dealership only to find a VDi parked there. Nevertheless, I had a feel of that vehicle , inside-out and I liked it, except the seats. But somehow, it was not the case in the TD ZDi+, which were better. This one definitely looks bigger than what it is.

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-vdi.jpg

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-vdi1.jpg
Dad checking the driver's seat.

I was informed that this was first lot car and others would be coming in a week's time. 2 weeks of April passed without any news of my car and dealership was clueless about it as all the allotment and other things were being done by MSIL directly. I was offered a Red-Black dual tone which I politely refused. I was tired of waiting in spite of booking it first, I shot off an email on 17th April to the regional office at Ranchi hoping for an early reply but nothing happened. Dealership kept on saying that they have no news about it. On 25th April, I called up MSIL head office from where I was asked to contact Ranchi regional office. I was asked to contact the Area Sales Head of Bihar who had my details and asked me to wait for a few minutes while he checks. After about 15 minutes, he called back and told me that the car was allotted yesterday and has started it's journey. I was thrilled. By evening, my Sales Advisor came home with an email print-out asking for my feedback. Then I realised that they have registered a complaint taking reference of my email against Dealership and the service advisor in particular. I was not at all happy and I wrote a detailed reply as to why the company should not blame anyone else for their follies. This was one sore point in whole booking process.

Team BHP review:-
I was waiting with bated breath for the review to be out and everyday I was checking it so many times that I started getting dirty looks from everyone at home. Finally on 10th April, it was uploaded and I read it in one go. Superb review by Tushar. It covered everything in detail. I knew at that very moment that I've made a good investment.

Test Drive:-
The test drive car was made available and I got to drive it on 12th April. It was a short drive but I got feel of it. And I was HAPPY.

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-td.jpg
The vehicle inside campus.

PDI:-
On 2nd May evening, I received these snaps on whatsapp from my contact at Workshop and that made me grin perpetually! Since I was busy in clinic, I planned to visit next morning.

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-img20160502wa0008.jpg

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-img20160502wa0007.jpg

The First Look
Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-img_20160503_183721.jpg

I did a thorough PDI at workshop on 3rd May, of course using our own check list and found everything OK. As I was busy for next 2 days, I planned for a delivery on 5th May. I asked them to send the car to showroom by 4th evening so that I can inspect it there also. I was ecstatic and those 2 days seemed to be much much longer than expected. I did payments on 4th May after the car came to showroom and planned for delivery on 5th evening. During the course of PDI, I checked the papers and came to know that it was despatched on the day I lodged a complaint and not a day prior to it as told by the person concerned. Basically, making a hue and cry ensured a faster delivery.

The D-Day:-
On 5th May, our driver was summoned by my uncle for an urgency so the plan of everyone going to take delivery went for a toss. Evening, I alone went for it. It took about an hour for all formalities. The car was little dirty owing to parking in open and rains. Nevertheless, I was more interested in getting it home. I explained most of the features to the blokes at dealership, they were clueless. The low fuel warning lamp was blinking and I asked them for diesel to be put. About 5 liters of diesel was put into the tank. After exchange of pleasantries, I got the car home.

Last edited by Aditya : 28th August 2019 at 14:32. Reason: As requested
BoneCollector is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2016, 14:01   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

My dream car was finally home after a wait of about 8 weeks which sounds strange considering my booking status. Maybe the delay was due to this being a tier 3 city as per MSIL.

This is the first diesel car in my family but not the first one that I have driven. I have experience of driving an Indica DLE over 10 years back and I understand that things have improved a lot. Moreover, this had the famous national engine in its more powerful state, I was optimistic.

Since everything has been dealt with in official review so well, I'll just try to highlight points that I feel needs mention. Moreover, my main comparison would be mainly with Wagon R (my daily drive) and Ritz (another car that I love).

Exterior:-

No doubts the Vitara Brezza's face is the most eye-catching part of the car, I like its eyes a lot! The car is very well proportioned and my first look at it had me surprised as to how big this really is. It doesn’t look like a Compact SUV.

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-img_7152.jpg

Like it was mentioned in the official review, in plain colours like silver or grey the safe design may please all and offend none but when you look at dual tone variants, it really looks nice and not like a hatch on stilts.

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-img_7153.jpg

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-img_7154.jpg

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-img_20160912_211445-1.jpg

The ground clearance is good considering it’s a soft-roader/ urban SUV but it should not be taken to places where a 4X4 is required. Someone who is more interested in off-roading must look somewhere else, in my opinion a Thar. It does the job well to go over stupidly built speed-breakers which in my place are as good as vehicle breakers. The roads have shown some improvement in my part of country but it still needs lots of improvement.

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-ground-clearance.jpg

Headlamps: The headlamps are one of those things that I like amongst the host of others that you can fall in love with in Brezza. The projectors look great with the dual barrel setup. Though I like the bull-horn LEDs, they are mere parking lights and hardly noticeable during the day. It looks great during twilight but the moment you need to switch on headlights, it just obscures the LEDs. I wish that they were actual DRLs like Baleno, bright and easily noticeable.

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-img_7159.jpg

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-img_7201.jpg
Here, the LED position lamps are on but hardly noticeable!

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-img_20160912_172849418_hdr.jpg

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-img_20160923_204934.jpg

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-img_20160923_205015.jpg
LEDs at night.

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-low1.jpg
Low beam projectors.

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-lowhigh2.jpg
High beam with both barrels lit up.

The dual barrel setup is functionally nice, the projectors for lighting up the low beam and regular halogen for high beam along with the projectors. But I’m not that happy with the brightness offered. When I compare it to my WagonR with 100/90W Hella relay setup, it looks little less. I intend to increase its brightness but will not be changing the wattage this time. The low beam uses H7 halogens and high beam uses H1, both 55W and Osram Night Breakers. I read about condensation inside the headlamp unit and sadly, its in my car also.

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-img_7427.jpg

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-img_7425.jpg

The side indicators are housed independently in the bumper just like Maruti 800s of yore. Round foglamps below are recessed and get a black cladding. There have been issues of fog lamp glass cracking spontaneously which it seems has been silently notified by company to service centers and few people have got them replaced free of charge. (Source- Facebook fan page.)

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-turnfog.jpg

Front grill: I’ve never been a fan of chrome (other than the browser) and I was not happy with the front and rear grill. My place doesn’t offer any vinyl wrapping service or likes. So I ordered for a vinyl wrap from Amazon by Tufkote. It was a DIY thing but I'm not satisfied by the end result. It does look good from far but on close-up, one can notice bulges and irregular finish. If this holds good and looks good in long run, I might paint the chrome to matt black or else revert to chrome. As of now, rear chrome stays the way it is.

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-img_7153-copy.jpg

Underbelly: As reported in the official review, partial protective cladding is present underneath to cover the engine but it doesn't cover the oil sump. The underbody has a deep central channel which could be for an AWD transmission system. It currently houses the silencer pipe. Both sides also have plastic cladding so getting an anti-rust coating was not possible as the people at service center were unaware how to dismantle it and then refit it! On the whole, this beast is good for urban chores with an optimum ground clearance.

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-img_20160619_214218.jpg

Blinkers (Auto headlamps and wipers) : This is a good function to have especially when you are driving into a basement. It does the job well. The auto wipers were somewhat confusing but my doubts were cleared after reading the manual. The light sensor for the automatic headlamps and rain sensor for the automatic wipers are located on the front windshield.

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-sensors.jpg
Auto rain and light sensor.

ORVMs : The ORVMs are not that great, although being India friendly. The mirrors vibrate and are a tad touch small for the car. I love the mirrors on WagonR. The wing mirrors get integrated blinkers which are clearly visible. The autofolding mechanism is a boon in tight spaces but the switch is flimsy with a false notch in middle. The rear view adjustment switch should have been located at the common location on door pad as its difficult to adjust it while driving. Moreover, on two occasions, I've ended up switching off the car while trying to adjust the mirrors as they are at same level. Now I am more cautious.

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-orvm1.jpg

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-orvm2.jpg

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-orvm3.jpg

Tyres and Brakes: The ZDi+ rides on 215/60 rubber on 16" alloys which add to the stance of the car. These alloys are not at all flashy but do look good. This car was launched with 98% localisation and what I’ve read is that the alloys are amongst the 2% part that’s imported. The optional alloys look far better but these are also good. The tyres are Apollo Alnac 4G. I was not happy with my WagonR tyres which were Apollo Amazers and lasted only 24K kms inspite of proper balancing and rotation. I’m not sure how will these tyres fare in long run. What’s wrong with Maruti offering substandard tyres with its premium products (JK for S-Cross and Apollos for Brezza)?
Another thing that I really fail to understand is why doesn’t Maruti offer mudflaps and mats as standard fitment? Add the price to final price but give a factory finished product. I waited for close to 4 months just for the mudflaps!

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-img_20160912_171949864-1.jpg

The Brezza gets disc brakes upfront and drums at rear. I would have loved an all disc setup but this does the job perfectly. But the handbrakes don’t have the bite to keep it still on a ramp, until and unless you pull it up with all your might. I did get it checked but it was found to be normal.

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-rear-tyre.jpg

The wheelwells have better cladding at back but it’s a pain to clean it. It gets wet and doesn’t dry quickly, need to watch out for signs of early rusting.

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-rear-well1.jpg

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-rear-well2.jpg
Carpeted wheel-well.

Others:
The ZDi+ comes with rear wash-wipe which is a real boon in rainy/dusty weather. The rear wiper does a good job of clearing the windshield and offers good visibility.

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-rear.jpg
Here it is after a rainy-dusty drive.

The another part falling into the imported 2% is the reversing camera, manufactured by Fujitsu, Japan. The reversing is aided by 4 rear parking sensors along with the camera.

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-img_20160912_171509.jpg
The reversing camera.

The rear end view is also very nice, except for the hanging exhaust can which could have been properly concealed in the transmission/ central tunnel.

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-img_20160912_211525-1.jpg

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-img_20160912_172912380.jpg
LED parking lights at rear.

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-img_20160923_204855.jpg
Rear LED parking lights at night.

Last edited by BoneCollector : 23rd September 2016 at 21:11.
BoneCollector is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 6th September 2016, 22:26   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Interiors:

ZDi+ offers smartkey wherein there is no need to take out your key fob to lock or unlock the car, all you need is the key to be within the range of the request sensor near the front doors or boot and press it.

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-screenshot_20160907073025.png

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-screenshot_20160907072904.png

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-keys.jpg

The default setting is only that door unlocks where you press the sensor, to unlock others you need to give 2 presses in quick succession. I found this to be good as other doors are not unlocked and there’s no chance of any intruder getting into your car from other side. The ingress and egress are easy; you don't have to climb into the car like Scorpio/Safari. The seats are at just the right height but I find Dad having difficulty at times to climb out of front passenger seat.

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-front-entry.jpg

The great driving position is superb as both the front occupants can see the bonnet, including those of an average height, I’m 5’6” and the position suits me well, although I have set the seat at highest position but the height adjustment lever feels flimsy/weak.

The cabin layout is just Maruti and it took very less time to get used to it, only sore part being the ORVM adjustment knob. Sitting higher also gives you an airy feeling. The cabin is upmarket compared to WagonR or Ritz and I really did not want to compare it with anything else. I never liked the beige interiors and thankfully, Brezza comes only in dark grey/ black interiors.

Many people have already started reporting some or the other niggle, creaks in the cabin. As of now, I’ve not got any. One day there was an irritating noise from front right side door which later I found was due to the water bottle hitting the door pad. Fit and finish is OK.

The seat-covers are also nice. They are fabric and many people were of the opinion that at such price, we should have got leather upholstery. But I’m not a fan of leather and these covers are nice. I have not opted for any other seat-cover but might go for it if I find something good available here. The seat hugs well, and has good support all over. The correct seating position needs to be maintained or else you’ll get sore knee. Overall, the seats can easily be adjusted for a varied driver height. Many people commented that the under thigh support is inadequate but for me, its just fine. Had it been more, I would have started getting pressure effects in my calf.
Once on the driver’s seat, you have almost all controls within reach.

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-window-switch.jpg
Why Maruti can't offer properly backlit switches? Or the ORVM knobs here?

Dashboard:-

The central fascia has just the SmartPlay screen and auto AC controls. Its uncluttered. The smartplay system deserves a separate thread which I or someone else might start. It has a separate manual thats handed over to you with the car. It has 4 quadrants with each having separate thing to do. The system pairs easily with the phone using bluetooth, mine is a Moto X-Play. The only issue I face is that this being a dual sim phone, when I have to dial a number, it just gets stuck there as the phone is set in always ask mode for sim to call. Receiving is no problem at all for either numbers. Navigation is fine, Google is any day better. especially with live traffic updates. But I haven’t used it extensively. The Apple Car play/ MirrorLink quadrant has not been tried as no one here has an iPhone or a MirrorLink compatible phone.
Coming to the 1st quadrant housing the media players and radio, it works like a charm. The sound quality is good, ZDi+ comes with 4 speakers and 2 tweeters. I don’t intend to fiddle with it at all. It supports USB, AUX and Radio, and also reads from the SD card. It also plays videos if the car is stationary with handbrake pulled up. I haven’t checked it in entirety though.

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-img_7181.jpg

The Auto AC is new to me but I’ve got the hang of it. I must tell you that the AC is a bone chiller. It cools the cabin real fast and even the rear passengers don’t complain about the heat after a couple of minutes. I wish that the AC controls also should have been there on the already cluttered steering wheel, being controlled by the same audio system buttons. The central vents cannot be shut down but the outer side vents can easily be shut.

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-img_7182.jpg

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-img_7168.jpg
Normal air-flow.

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-img_7169.jpg
AC vent shut if you take adjusting lever to extreme right for right side and left for left.

The steering wheel is good to hold, and buttons are all well laid out. Yes, it is cluttered but then the buttons do help. Maruti should have given reach adjustment also. The pull-type telephony controls are located behind the steering wheel on left side and they have confused me on a few occasions. The volume control and mode/ mute and changing buttons are located on left side, cruise control on right side. The mute button pauses the track. There have been some issues with smartplay reported, let’s see what’s in store for future.

The instrument cluster is simple yet serves the purpose.

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-img_7163.jpg
Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-img_7165.jpg

Quoting from the official review,

Quote:
The instrument cluster has a simple layout and is easy to navigate through. We did find the meters to be a size smaller than they should have been though. You get analogue dials for the tachometer & speedometer, outlined with mood lights - there are 5 colours to choose from (yellow, orange, red, white & blue). In the middle sits a well-sized MID that displays data including bars for the fuel-level and engine temperature, with digital readouts for the odometer, time, outside temperature, two trip meters, average + instant fuel economy and range / DTE counter. Then, you get a gear indicator with arrows to prompt upshifts or downshifts. Sweet touch - it shows you a dot when you are in the right gear.
It has 5 different mood light options – my favourite is Blue.

The IRVM is a manual anti-glare mirror. But this also vibrates a lot. The local people here haven’t got the auto-IRVM and seriously, I don’t feel the need for it.

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-irvm.jpg

Storage spaces: There are so many cubby holes starting from the sunglass holder to bottle holders etc. Quoting from official review:

Quote:
Practicality is not an oversight in the cabin and there's a fair number of storage spots. All 4 doors can hold 1L bottles, with some space to spare for the knick-knacks. The central armrest can be opened up to access a deep storage area underneath. On the passenger's side, you get a cooled upper glovebox that can hold a few small cans, in addition to the regular, medium-sized glovebox below. There's a storage tray under the front passenger's seat where valuable items can be kept away from view. In the dash center, there's space to place your cellphone below the USB/AUX ports. Next to the handbrake, you'll find two cup-holders. Lastly, near the driver's right knee is a cubby hole with a sloping bottom (so that things don't slide out).

Since this car comes with smartkey, it has a Push button starter which gets a nice chrome outline. You need to press the clutch pedal & this button to fire up the engine.

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-img_7185.jpg

Both footwells are illuminated but that illumination is a joke.

The upper glovebox is cooled and offers decent storage but the lid has a partially damped effect which is extremely poorly executed. When you open it, it won't go up all the way by itself and similarly for closing.

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-upgl1.jpg

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-upgl2.jpg

The primary glovebox is illuminated and offers adequate space for the vehicle papers, chargers, cables etc.

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-glove-box.jpg

The Brezza gets an underseat storage tray under the front passenger's seat like the WagonR, albeit this can be pulled out but that in WagonR can be opened after lifting the seat.

The front cabin lamps can be operated individually by pushing them in or work as and when the doors are opened. The boot lamp switches on when boot is opened. I've changed the cabin lamps to LEDs (Philips).

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-lamp1.jpg

The ingress-egress at rear is also easy. The door opens wide enough and you just walk into it.

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-img_7191.jpg

Rear seat is wide enough for 3 people and can adjust 4 if required for any exigency. We all are average height people so not much issue with the seats, the under thigh support is fine and so is the rear neck restraint. Dad and Mom don’t feel tired for the same distance that used to be cumbersome to them in WagonR. There is no AC vent at rear but the cabin cools down quickly enough before anyone can complain. Rear seat comfort as per them is awesome and so is the rear legroom. This sole point makes this car a winner for me. Most of the times, we are 4 people so we use the central armrest also which is ok. There is good amount of light and cabin doesn’t feel claustrophobic. The rear passengers get a separate roof mounted light which helps during the night.

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-lamp2.jpg

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-img_7198.jpg
Legroom when driver seat is adjusted to my comfort.
Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-img_7199.jpg
Minimum legroom.

The grab handles are placed awkwardly on the doors, and it takes getting used to them.

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-grab-handle.jpg

Opening the boot was tricky in initial days. There are 2 buttons at back, small one is the request sensor and larger one is to open the boot. It’s a nice feature to unlock only the boot if request sensor is used.

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-boot-lock.jpg

Boot door opens up which is good in a way. Boot space is ample although less than S-Cross. But I’ve no complaints as yet. It also has a boot lamp which is helpful during the night. The tray covering the spare is better build than other Maruti cars; it feels robust and shouldn’t sag with time. The jack and other stuff are neatly arranged in the spare wheel well. The spare tyre is a steel rim. There is also a 12V socket which I use either for powering a rear dashcam if required or as charging point for rear seat passengers. Basically it has multiple uses in my view.

One of the good features is to lock the seatbelt when it's not in use, on both sides of the rear seat.

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-seatbelt-lock.jpg

Last edited by BoneCollector : 19th September 2016 at 08:24.
BoneCollector is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 7th September 2016, 20:42   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

This is our first diesel car. We have always owned petrol cars and moving on to a diesel car when most of the people are moving back to petrol might not sound that prudent. But for us, with our requirements, this did suit the bill. Moreover, waiting for petrol Brezza I might have ended up myself buying something else. One logic was that heavier cars with petrol engines might not be good with efficiency and even if both are priced equally, I'll still get more average in a diesel car than a petrol one. So diesel it was this time.

Get into the driver’s seat and press the clutch, push the start stop button and it livens up with an audible clatter. For me, it’s a new feeling, although so many goodies just don’t spoil any fun. The clutch is light, much lighter than our petrol Ritz! Slot it into the first gear and just ease out. The gear slots perfectly, there is no resistance whatsoever. I found the gear slotting to be better than my WagonR.

In city drive and performance :- The drive is easy and planted. The start was little jerky as I’m used to a petrol motor. But till now, I’ve never found this engine to have any lag, be in city or highways. Trust me, I drive a WagonR which has such a pathetic city drive and the low range is so bad as if you are driving a car with severe turbo lag, that all the time you have to revv it a bit to start. This car is very easy to drive in city. It’s very easily manoeuvrable within the tight spaces of city but for the width which needs to be getting used to. I’ve not driven the Ertiga which shares the same engine but I found the engine to be smooth and no issues with the dynamics.

Highway cruising and performance :- On highways, it’s a breeze to drive with ample power in store. In gear acceleration is good and so is the engine feedback. It doesn't leave you wanting if you plan and anticipate your moves. Overtaking is a breeze unlike WagonR where I have to plan and low-shift in advance. The rush with turbo spooling once in range does make one smile, although initially I did experience torque steer to left. Nevertheless, for a sudden move, just press the accelerator. I’ve taken it to max 110kmph and it reaches there in no time. It’s really difficult to know that you are going so fast just by feeling the environment inside the car. I have never taken my WagonR to 3 digit speeds. Max I’ve taken it to is 90kmph but that was once. I have a Transcend Drive Pro 220 which earlier did duty in WagonR; I had set speed alarm at 80kmph. Now it’s in Brezza and speed alarm is set at 110kmph. I really don’t like driving fast because the roads everywhere is full of morons and their mistake can jeopardize your life.

This being the NATIONAL ENGINE means I can trust it better than others. I can hear the clatter inside but when rpm climbs up, the clatter changes to a thrum which can get irritating at higher revs. Thankfully, I’ve not experienced relining it because I’m not a rev happy person and I’ve tried to gain control over my sudden rush of adrenaline leading to stupidity! Can’t comment much about the service as its only gone through a 1st free service. After every drive of Brezza, the WagonR feels like a lethargic bum, non-responsive and in deep slumber.

Gearshift & clutch :- Like I said earlier, the gear slots perfectly. I’ve read a few people commenting that the reverse doesn’t slot in first go. But when I compare this to my WagonR, I feel that the waggy throws more tantrums than this (tested on multiple WagonRs in family). The clutch is butter smooth if compared to that of Ritz and better than that of WagonR. Theere is no pain in legs even after driving in bumper to bumper traffic.

Parking is aided by the sensor+reverse camera setup. It needs getting used to because I'm in habit of reversing using both ORVMs and IRVM aided by the sensors.

A few comparative points with other vehicles I test drove that I would mention,
• Road view is great, at par with Scorpio but better than Duster/ XUV5OO and S-Cross.
• Same cannot be said about the road presence but yes, this car does get respect on road and the Scorpio/ Bolero fellows wait in their line rather than trying to cut across.
• Not much of a body-roll, more so because I’m a sedate driver and I try my best to avoid sudden lane change manoeuvres.

The ARAI claimed figure is 24.3 kmpl but I’m getting about 17kmpl as of now in combined cycle. Since this is a primarily highway car for us, my maximum driving has been on highways and little inside city, 95% highway + 5% city. Hopefully it’ll climb up as and when I munch more miles.

The NVH of Maruti cars has always been a sore point. There have been many instances where I have checked the windows in WagonR if they were rolled up. You can hear a conversation happening outside as if it’s inside in a WagonR. It’s better in Brezza but nothing much to talk about. As and when speeds climb up, the wind noise creeps in. The glasses used are little thin from what I can make out. The road noise is very prominent on concrete roads but is very less on well tarred roads. Wind noise is more due to the door visors I’ve put but it’s not much to pay attention. Most of the noises go away with the beautiful audio system masking them out.

Suspension & ride :- The car eats up bad roads pretty well and doesn’t get unsettled. During the initial days, the ride was unsettling and jarring and I was sceptical. Then I got the tyre pressure checked and was shocked to see that all tyres had 55psi!! After it was corrected to recommended levels, the ride has been very smooth, especially on highways. My recommendation is to get the tyre pressure checked once out of the showroom as these guys don’t do a proper inspection of tyres and also my mistake to have missed it. At low speeds, the suspension has no issues. It works flawlessly. I have no complaints as yet about it. You can make out from this statement that my parents feel fresh after a 200kms run in Brezza but used to be dead tired after a 75kms drive in a WagonR or Bolero. They’ve found it be as good as an Innova when it comes to comfort. Need I say more?

Handling :- The car is wide and runs on fat rubber, making it quite stable, especially at the speeds I drive at. Trust me, all you can save is 10 minutes if you drive at an average speed of 80kmph rather than 60kmph, but a single mistake can change your destination forever. I’m a sedate driver, so the car handles well at sane speeds. I don’t intend to put it to extreme speeds and test it’s race type handling. The Alnacs have good grip, but since I’ve not driven a Brezza riding different shoes, I really can’t comment on this aspect. One thing is for sure, they are much better than JKs on S-Cross. The disc and drum combination is effective in stopping it without any fuss. Thankfully I’ve not been in a situation for ABS to kick in. The rear passengers have not complained of body roll, maybe because there is not much body roll or they have got used to the roll in WagonR and Brezza has lesser roll than it. Coming from a WagonR, making a U-turn is little difficult but not much although turning radius is more. As this car is intended for on road use only and seldom for non existent roads, it suits to a T for me. If in future, I wish to do off-roading, I might look at a Thar or something similar rather than damaging my car.

Braking :- The brakes with disc in front and drums behind do the job neatly. The bite is good and it hasn’t left me wanting as yet. The handbrakes are not that great though, maybe because of the weight of the vehicle. It doesn’t hold on ramp, making it difficult to use the handbrake+clutch+accelerator+1st and reverse gear combo. I did get it checked but it seems that’s the way it is.

Steering :- The steering wheel used is from the common parts bin although it has lots of buttons for host of functions. The grip without cover is neither thin nor thick; but with steering cover, it is thicker than that of WagonR and good to hold. The audio controls as well as the voice control buttons on the left are easy to use. The cruise control setup on right needs getting used to. The steering wheel is EPS unit and is light, very helpful in the city. It is precise, with better feedback than that of WagonR. You can flick the car if required and the steering responds pretty neatly. It weighs up with speed on highway. Overall, no complaints from my side for this.

The Cruise control needs a special mention. This is the first time I've driven a car with cruise control. I was very skeptical about how to do it? Will I be able to use the cruise control? Will there be any change in vehicle behaviour? I read the manual a couple of time to understand the functioning of cruise control. Then on a trip to Patna, I tried it. It is a good feature to have, relaxes your right leg. But it can also make one feel disassociated from the car! Nevertheless, its a good thing to have for long drives and changing the speed by mere press of a button makes one smile.

Accessories :- I had purchased only the car cover, door visors and the bumper corner protectors at time of delivery as other things were either unavailable or available with kits which I did not like. Later on I added mud-flaps and side door mouldings. I don't intend to add anything more other than maybe a rear bumper as the bikers, tricycle rickshaws, auto rickshaws and cyclists here don't have the habit of using their brakes to slow down. I'm also looking at a vehicle tracker and any help in this regard would be great.

There are a few niggles reported and some have crept in mine also. I hope they will be taken care of as and when it goes for service.

• Serves our purpose of a higher GC vehicle to tide over the bad roads and traffic conditions.
  • SUV feel.
  • Keyless entry with separate unlocking of doors.
  • Easy to drive; once on driver's seat, it's like your own Maruti playground.
  • Driver seat height adjustment.
  • Spacious considering its a compact SUV.
  • Chiller AC with auto control.
  • Good ride comfort.
  • Capable engine, easy in bumper to bumper traffic also. Highway cruising is no issue at all.
  • Light clutch.
  • Good ground clearance, potholes and breakers are dismissed without a fuss.
  • Auto folding Outside mirrors.
  • Commanding road view.
  • Auto headlights, a boon when suddenly going inside a basement parking.
  • Cruise control.
  • Reversing camera.
  • 1 liter bottle holder in all doors.
  • Dark colored interiors. They look premium to me.
  • Not being threatened by Scorpios and Boleros.
  • Maruti service.
  • Fits perfectly in our campus.
  • And fits us all perfectly inside it!

Dislikes :-
  • Headlights and their brightness. Also the stupid condensation issue.
  • There should have been a proper DRL like Baleno.
  • Apollo tyres, although lets see how the Alnacs fare.
  • Lack of steering reach adjustment.
  • Excessive chrome everywhere.
  • Lack of a petrol and an automatic variant from start.
  • Auto dimming IRVM. The manual dimming IRVM vibrates quite a bit.
  • ORVM is small and vibrates.
  • AC and Window switches should have been back-lit.
  • Vigorously shaking extra-long antennae.
  • Vacuum suction cup marks (from factory) on rear window glasses.
  • Some niggles (some in mine also) being reported, especially on Facebook fan club page.
  • Poor availability of accessories at dealership and workshop. I waited for about 4 months fro mud-flaps and side beadings.

I hope Maruti, you are listening to this and hopefully something will be done soon.

I'll keep updating this thread as and when I can, with lesser running, it might take a bit for such updates. There might be some mistakes also, please bring it up. I hope I've not bored you guys enough.

Some more shots -

Inspiration for dual tone!
This...
Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-brezza-inspiration.jpg
Image Source

Or this..
Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-img_20160923_225508.jpg

Or this..!

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-fb_img_1474650913040.jpg

I think this looks better!

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-img_20160918_143743.jpg

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-img_20160918_143908.jpg

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-img_20160918_144129.jpg

Addicted to CARS since birth, hence this-

"And if life is just a highway then the soul is just a car,
Objects in the rear view mirror may appear closer than they are!!
"

Last edited by GTO : 27th September 2016 at 19:43. Reason: Adding image source :)
BoneCollector is offline   (41) Thanks
Old 24th September 2016, 11:34   #7
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+

Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the Initial Ownership Section. Thanks for sharing!
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2016, 12:32   #8
BHPian

Nice ownership review BonEcollector. Thanks!!
I'm getting more and more sold on Brezza. In the market for a compact SUV and my shootout is between Brezza, Ecosport & S-Cross (only 1.3 due to budget constraints).
Old 24th September 2016, 14:12   #9
BHPian

Thats an excellent prologue you've given before the actual ownership review. It allows people to get a feel of how you must be feeling during your booking, choosing process and during your review. I think all personal reviews should be done this like this. A prologue does help understand a situation better. You've shared exactly how you feel with the car and what suits you best and ill. So this is a commendable review. Congrats on the new car there, happy revving

Last edited by mijnoirhammer67 : 24th September 2016 at 14:23.
mijnoirhammer67 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2016, 16:28   #10
BHPian

Enjoyed reading your review

BTW how much did you pay for the LED cabin lights
Is it possible to change the footwell lights to something brighter, as you mentioned the footwell lightsprovide d by maruti are useless
GSMINC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2016, 17:39   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post

Disclaimer:- [i]I'm not a great writer and I can be dead boring at times, even during the course of this ownership report. bear with me.
Are you sure BoneCollector, you were not really trying the old 'Reverse Psychology' stuff here?? Not a great writer eh ??

Congrats on your latest acquisition. Until recently, I had not noticed that this particular shade is shared with the lesser Celerio by Maruti. But those contrasting wing mirrors and roof in White shade makes all the difference and how.

Wish you a happy motoring and many mile munching.

Drive Safe.
Old 24th September 2016, 17:42   #12

Can you share more details on the led cabin lights please. I'd like to convert my S-Cross cabin lights to LED. Thanks!
Old 24th September 2016, 19:02   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations on the new car. A very comprehensive and honest review I must say sir.

The Brezza is certainly one of the best when it comes to the design in it's segment. It truly doesn't look like a compact SUV would.

I absolutely love the dual tone colour combination on your car. The blue with the white top looks fantastic. Great choice of colour indeed.

Wishing you a pleasant experience with the car ahead.
Old 24th September 2016, 19:40   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSAneesh View Post
Nice ownership review BonEcollector. Thanks!!
I'm getting more and more sold on Brezza. In the market for a compact SUV and my shootout is between Brezza, Ecosport & S-Cross (only 1.3 due to budget constraints).
All 3 of them are very capable cars in their own right. I hope your choice will not dampen your spirits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mijnoirhammer67 View Post
Thats an excellent prologue you've given before the actual ownership review. It allows people to get a feel of how you must be feeling during your booking, choosing process and during your review. I think all personal reviews should be done this like this. A prologue does help understand a situation better. You've shared exactly how you feel with the car and what suits you best and ill. So this is a commendable review. Congrats on the new car there, happy revving
Thanks a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMINC View Post
Enjoyed reading your review

BTW how much did you pay for the LED cabin lights
Is it possible to change the footwell lights to something brighter, as you mentioned the footwell lightsprovide d by maruti are useless
I paid about 2000/- for both of them. Prices have increased I guess post my purchase date. I've bought both of 6000K lumens, 6700 is also available which I think is brighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Are you sure BoneCollector, you were not really trying the old 'Reverse Psychology' stuff here?? Not a great writer eh ??

Congrats on your latest acquisition. Until recently, I had not noticed that this particular shade is shared with the lesser Celerio by Maruti. But those contrasting wing mirrors and roof in White shade makes all the difference and how.

Wish you a happy motoring and many mile munching.

Drive Safe.
This same shade was available in earlier Alto also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hades1011 View Post
Can you share more details on the led cabin lights please. I'd like to convert my S-Cross cabin lights to LED. Thanks!
Sharing the details of the LED lights I've used for the cabin lights. It's from Philips, available on Amazon. The light inside the cabin has increased a lot, now I can see the USB and auxiliary slots without difficulty. Changing them is also very easy. It can be done by self in less than half an hour. All you have to do is follow the steps mentioned in manual to change the bulbs.
Attached Thumbnails
Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-img_20160924_192633.jpg  

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-img_20160924_192657.jpg  

Last edited by BoneCollector : 24th September 2016 at 19:47.
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2016, 20:50   #15
Team-BHP Support

Waah Dr saab! That is a comprehensive review

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
The Scorpio already had some rattle in it. Not that refined.[*]The steering of Scorpio shuddered when it went through a pothole. (The XUV had no issues with the very same pothole at same speeds.)
Not because I own one, but none of the Scorpios that I drive have any of these issues. I will say, the TD Scorpio must have seen much more than its share of abuse.

Quote:
I had detailed discussions with my brother as well as Sheel who helped me out of my dilemma at times.
Hey, thanks! It is easy to advise, but as hard to make a decision when you have to pick one for yourself. I am thinking to pick a city runabout [in petrol, yes] and can't seem to stick to any choice. At 5L the Sting-ray appears costly and at 5.6L Ritz ZXi appears VFM...I won't dilute your thread here, but drive more is what I would say, at least on the beautiful NH-57 [E-W Corridor]
Sheel is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed