Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2016, 23:28   #16
BANNED

Re: Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+

Clear comprehensive and unbiased review BoneCollector. Enjoyed reading your review. Congratulations on your Brezza and I always admired the Blue and White dual tone on the Brezza over other shades and even I liked the headlight cluster of the car a lot. Brezza will actually look even more wonderful if the alloys where changed to an aftermarket momo's. Wishing you a wonderful journey with your car. Enjoy the drive.
Old 25th September 2016, 12:54   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

The 3 Musketeers!

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-img_20160925_124615.jpg

Just chanced upon this, all good in all fields I guess.
BoneCollector is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th September 2016, 21:20   #18
BHPian

Congrats on the great report. It is definitely coming from someone who has not just driven but has felt the car.

I was wondering, your experiments and experiences with the car are pretty similar to my tryst. While reading the report i was feeling as if looking through the glass.

I really liked your idea of inspirations of dual tone.
mountaineer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2016, 21:39   #19
BHPian

Amazing write-up.

Especially loved this part: "Front grill: I’ve never been a fan of chrome (other than the browser)...." LOL!

Regarding the condensation, do we have any workaround?

Congrats on the new acquisition!
Astonite is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2016, 02:13   #20

Let me first congratulate on your wonderful acquisition of Vitara Brezza. Well written report.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Front grill: I’ve never been a fan of chrome (other than the browser) and I was not happy with the front and rear grill. My place doesn’t offer any vinyl wrapping service or likes. So I ordered for a vinyl wrap from Amazon by Tufkote. It was a DIY thing but I'm not satisfied by the end result.
I just love the wrap you have done. Yes, sometimes the things we do as DIY is an eyesore especially to our eyes. All we try to see are only the flaws. But trust me it looks neat. As an alternative to the wrapping I did come across few posts and even a thread on Plasti dipping. It is basically the same rubber coating but it really looks neat with uniform coating of spray, also it is way cheaper than wrapping. Once you are bored of it all you have to do is peel it away and beneath is your shiny chrome grill. Preparation for this DIY is also simple all you have to do is mask the sides with masking tapes and few old newspapers and thoroughly do few coatings as desired.

Note: I am in noway related to the product. I found this product to be less time consuming and the best part is we can revert back with and added advantage of price less than that of wrapping.

I hope this might be helpful, if you plan to redo the vinyl wrap.

Attaching a picture for masking reference.

Image Courtesy: http://www.mudspikeftp.com/images/XV039.jpg

Cheers,
Thanga
Thanga_RS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2016, 22:20   #21
BHPian

Congrats for the brezza. Awesome narration and the DIY job. The car looks so much better without the front chrome detailing. The only grouse with Brezza being the instrument cluster. Why couldn't Maruti borrow some cues from the Baleno's IC. Would have made the car so Uber.
Old 29th September 2016, 14:39   #22
BHPian

Very well written review with amazing pics!

Congratulations for your stunning VB, the color looks great on VB. I was very confused between Blue-White and Red-Black but went with Red-Black in the end.

I have been thinking about blackening the chrome grill besides the Suzuki logo at the front, visited couple of famous accessories shop here in Ahmedabad. Guys at the first shop were initially reluctant about doing it and suggested me to put chrome garnish on tooth instead.
When I insisted, he made couple of calls and quoted me 1000rs to get it done. He said he will use some tap like plastic to do it (I think he meant Vinyl sheet). I instantly waked away.
Guys at second shop told that vinyl sheet can be used to get it done. He called a guy and he came to the shop after 5 mins. He quoted me 600rs. When I asked about the finishing on the edges, he said that I will have to compromise a little as it would be impossible to cut the sheet perfectly without getting the grill removed from the car. A near by mechanic had no idea how difficult(or easy) it is to remove the grill. So I put the whole idea on hold.

Now that I have seen how stunning your car looks with the black grill, I am excited again. Can you please share details regarding the cost, finish and material used to get it done?
Old 29th September 2016, 21:01   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavik.1991 View Post
Very well written review with amazing pics!

Now that I have seen how stunning your car looks with the black grill, I am excited again. Can you please share details regarding the cost, finish and material used to get it done?
Thanks. I did it myself. It took me about 2 hours to do it. I had ordered vinyl sheet from Amazon, 4'×2'. It had cost around ₹270/- The finished product is not that good looking if observed closely. Nevertheless, it looks good.

http://Tufkote - 3D Carbon Fiber Twi..._JVs7xbEDRZ6J8

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-screenshot_20160929202558.png

Brezza has been inspiring other cars also, take a look at Baby Brezza! It was clicked by my brother today in NCR.

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-img_20160929_202326.jpg
It's an Alto K10.

I wrote a mail to MSIL regarding the condensation issue in headlights and they've asked me to show it at service center. I hope there is some positive resolution.
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2016, 08:57   #24
BHPian

Congrats on the Brezza and the neat crisp ownership report. Past and present histories presented very well . The blackened grill looks so much better.
Deep Blue is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2016, 17:56   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
I wrote a mail to MSIL regarding the condensation issue in headlights and they've asked me to show it at service center. I hope there is some positive resolution.
Hi Bonecollector,

Can you let us know what kind of condensation is happening?
1. Is there any water droplets accumulating within the headlamp even after long duration of usage?
or
2. small fogging of headlamp without any excess droplets forming which disappears after a while of driving?

If it is the 1st problem then please do ask maruti guys for a replacement headlamps as the increase in droplets indicates that the moisture or air from ouside is getting inside which may fade your reflectors sooner.

if it is 2nd then no need to worry. It happens when there is minute amount of moisture within the headlamp when it was assembled and it will go away after few kms of travel.

Cheers,
Thanga
Old 18th December 2016, 22:43   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanga_RS View Post
Hi Bonecollector,

Can you let us know what kind of condensation is happening?
1. Is there any water droplets accumulating within the headlamp even after long duration of usage?
or
2. small fogging of headlamp without any excess droplets forming which disappears after a while of driving?
Hey, sorry for such a late reply, I was traveling those days and might have missed your post. The issue is no.1 as mentioned by you. The condensation occurs even without switching on the headlights, basically after driving for 30+ kms.

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-img_20161017_195354658.jpg

Today I had gone to MASS for getting the DRLs (Philips MGA) installed. I waited for long due to unavailability of part as well as I wanted to have a decent fix at a proper location and not just fixing it to bumper. I had removed the fog lamp cover one day and saw some space to fix it. Today it was installed at the desired location. I need to do some amount of tinkering with the finishing part but it looks fine. Wiring was done with some amount of hits and misses. There was no manual to explain things, just 2 wires were marked to connect to battery , 1 to parking light and 1 to ACC. Now, once you switch on the car to ACC/ON mode, the DRLs light up and they remain so when you start the car. They'll switch off only when you switch on the headlights/parking lamps. So during daytime, they'll be on and not so at night. Will post daytime pictures later.

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-img_20161218_202206.jpg

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-img_20161218_201915.jpg

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-img_20161218_201903.jpg

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-img_20161218_201555.jpg

The car is doing well as of today. Only issue I'm not happy with is the rear visibility of car during fog with the lights turned on. The bull-horn LEDs are hardly visible in fog from a few meters. Have ordered for a VDi tail lamp and will get it installed once available.

Last edited by BoneCollector : 18th December 2016 at 22:46.
BoneCollector is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th February 2017, 12:44   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

The car has been flawless till date, only issue being the headlights although I'm not much bothered. The average I'm getting as per MID is 19 KMPL which is mostly for highways with the dreaded Gandhi setu stretch which takes quite a lot of time.
I miscalculated the car's width one day and drove my left front and rear tyres into an open drain and then through it. It was a shallow drain but it did scare me a bit. Thereafter I was on the lookout for a way to look beyond the hood. I asked on forum and Slicvic helped me out with procuring the front camera setup. I did a DIY wherein the power is taken from the 12V supply powering the DRLs. I had a switch bought from Amazon which can be fixed onto a bike handlebar. I routed the power supply to camera and LCD via this switch and fixed it on the gear lever. The camera is mounted on the front bumper, slightly offset to left and at an angle. It shows me from center of hood line to left corner. The LCD is fixed on the dashboard towards the passenger side. The wires were routed through the same site where DRL wires were taken out. And it has helped me a lot, especially during parking in tight spaces. I'm attaching snaps and a video for clear understanding. I've also changed the stock headlight bulbs to Philips Extreme Vision Plus and the light quality has improved a lot.

BoneCollector is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th February 2017, 00:32   #28
BHPian

Hello Bone Collector

Any response from maruti for your headlight condensation problem
Did you get a replacement under warranty
Even I have the same issue, but a whole lot lesser condensation than yours
Old 13th February 2017, 07:29   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMINC View Post
Hello Bone Collector

Any response from maruti for your headlight condensation problem
Did you get a replacement under warranty
Even I have the same issue, but a whole lot lesser condensation than yours
They sent me a mail to get it checked at workshop, after that there has been no communication. The headlights were inspected at workshop and snaps were taken, nothing after that. I'm planning to get something in writing on my next visit so that they don't reject any claims at a later date.
Old 18th April 2017, 22:24   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

A quick update, the headlights have been replaced under warranty about a month back. The condensation issue has not cropped up as yet but I need to watch during the humid weather. Its very hot these days with dry winds. One funny thing to note is this yellow coloured material present inside the headlamp on right side! So much for quality control.

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-img_20170415_063214598.jpg

The car is doing good, serving well. I've changed the location of the DRLs to something like that on international Vitara. And also have removed the wrap from the chrome grill, will be painting it black later. Need to actually take out time.

Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+-img_20170415_094005959.jpg

Last edited by BoneCollector : 18th April 2017 at 22:25.
BoneCollector is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks