Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2019, 13:42   #91
BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta Petrol Automatic (1st-gen)

In May month I was coming back from Delhi to Jaipur early morning in my Creta petrol automatic (2018 model) and I put the cruise at 85km/hr. And the MID average reading was between 22kmpl to 28kmpl and is very much possible in auto mode.
ddriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2019, 22:38   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddriver View Post
In May month I was coming back from Delhi to Jaipur early morning in my Creta petrol automatic (2018 model) and I put the cruise at 85km/hr. And the MID average reading was between 22kmpl to 28kmpl and is very much possible in auto mode.
Great to know.
But if this mileage is possible, then why Hyundai avoid it to publish? There will be further long queue of people to buy this already hot selling car in spite of it's atrocious pricing.
Or is it that "Mileage with Cruise Control" is not officially acceptable as per some ARAI guideline?
Comments from experts are highly solicited.
Old 22nd August 2019, 22:43   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anu007 View Post

And it's not 43 but 18.1 kmpl, still unbelievable for Creta petrol AT. 43 kmph was the maintained speed during cruising.
What I meant was 43 is not a practical speed on a State highway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddriver View Post
Quote:
Great to know.
But if this mileage is possible, then why Hyundai avoid it to publish? There will be further long queue of people to buy this already hot selling car in spite of it's atrocious pricing.
Or is it that "Mileage with Cruise Control" is not officially acceptable as per some ARAI guideline?
Comments from experts are highly solicited.

No offence but please check the average via tankful to tankful mode. There is no way a AT petrol Creta can give more than 15 in any condition. MID indication is gimmicky.
Old 23rd August 2019, 10:23   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayjaycleoful View Post
What I meant was 43 is not a practical speed on a State highway.

No offence but please check the average via tankful to tankful mode. There is no way a AT petrol Creta can give more than 15 in any condition. MID indication is gimmicky.
I agree with you that in real world condition it cant be more than 15kmpl but that day I achieved a figure of 17kmpl since the condition was such that I hardly use the brakes and it was on cruise with no interruption. Try it!
ddriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2019, 12:35   #95
BHPian

Quote:
18.1 kmpl !!! Even if I go by my own calculation of reducing the MID display by 1.5 kmpl, it's still 16.6 kmpl. And that too not even in 6th gear. Scarcely believable for a Creta Petrol AT. Could not help clicking the picture and post in my most favorite forum

Has anyone encountered such mileage while using cruise control on highways?
I had an Ecosport AT, which is a similar petrol hungry beats. On very low traffic highway, even without cruise control, I have even got 22 kmpl. If road is smooth and without up and downs, 25+ is also possible using cruise control.

In city conditions though, even 10 kmpl feels good, and 11 is an achievement!
pseudo_coder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2019, 19:41   #96
BHPian

Third service cost- 7700
All the essentials + "lubrication" + throttle body. No alignment/ balancing. Got the brake fluid changed and bled as well.
(I do it every 3 years in all cars)
The system update costs 1500 because my car is over 3 years old. There is no guarantee of carplay/ Android auto so didn't get it done.

Last edited by rayjaycleoful : 30th October 2019 at 19:45.
Old 30th October 2019, 20:12   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayjaycleoful View Post
Third service cost- 7700
All the essentials + "lubrication" + throttle body. No alignment/ balancing. Got the brake fluid changed and bled as well.
(I do it every 3 years in all cars)
The system update costs 1500 because my car is over 3 years old. There is no guarantee of carplay/ Android auto so didn't get it done.

Sorry what is this extra “lubrication” you are talking about, isnt it part of the essential stuff? Just curious.

7.7k seems a good deal with all the extra items you mentioned , isnt the third service labour free?
Old 30th October 2019, 20:17   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideView View Post
Sorry what is this extra “lubrication” you are talking about, isnt it part of the essential stuff? Just curious.

7.7k seems a good deal with all the extra items you mentioned , isnt the third service labour free?

Sorry I meant 3rd year/ 30k service. Meaning the first paid service and fourth service overall.

It is not part of the essential stuff. They say they lube all the nuts and bolts, door mechanisms, etc. I don't do it every year.
rayjaycleoful is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2019, 22:47   #99
BHPian

Can any Creta Petrol Automatic owners tell me how the SX variant performs on steep inclines? Does it go back as it is not equipped with Hill Assist?
Old 30th October 2019, 22:56   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shravan2k2 View Post
Can any Creta Petrol Automatic owners tell me how the SX variant performs on steep inclines? Does it go back as it is not equipped with Hill Assist?
It will never roll back. TCs have very strong creep function. Enough for you to switch from brake to accelerator or handbrake to accelerator.
Old 23rd July 2020, 11:09   #101
BHPian

DCT or torque converter - why?

Why has Hyundai changed to DCT from torque converter in their petrol Creta automatic transmission cars?

Does the 2020 diesel Creta continue to have a torque converter AT as earlier or has that also changed? Why, if it has changed, and why not, if it has not changed?

Name:  Screenshot 14.png
Views: 1682
Size:  40.4 KB

Has this Creta DCT AT faced any overheating problems necessitating stoppage as in the Hyundai Venue
Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
Not sure how Hyundai is going to address this. There should be no easy solution for them too.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...-review-6.html (Hyundai Venue : Official Review)

or failures as in the Ford EcoSport DCT https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...26-162-km.html (Ford EcoSport 1.5L AT: Transmission Control Module replaced under warranty at 26,162 km) ?
Old 23rd July 2020, 11:24   #102
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: DCT or torque converter - why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murugan View Post
Why has Hyundai changed to DCT from torque converter in their petrol Creta automatic transmission cars?

Does the 2020 diesel Creta continue to have a torque converter AT as earlier or has that also changed? Why, if it has changed, and why not, if it has not changed?

Attachment 2033472

Has this Creta DCT AT faced any overheating problems necessitating stoppage as in the Hyundai Venue https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...-review-6.html (Hyundai Venue : Official Review)

or failures as in the Ford EcoSport DCT https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...26-162-km.html (Ford EcoSport 1.5L AT: Transmission Control Module replaced under warranty at 26,162 km) ?
Diesel has torque converter automatic, turbo petrol has a DCT and NA petrol has a CVT. In case of the Creta more people are preferring NA petrol out of the two petrol options hence haven't heard about overheating in the DCT yet, also the DCT in the Creta has become more smooth in comparision to the Seltos as told by lots of reviewers. Will have to wait for the official review which I believe is in the making also ownership reviews

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 23rd July 2020 at 11:25.
Old 26th June 2022, 23:34   #103
BHPian

Re: Review: Hyundai Creta Petrol Automatic (1st-gen)

Has anyone got the transmission oil replaced? Wanted to check on the feedback and cost. My 2016 P AT has done 68k KM and I am thinking of getting the transmission oil replaced in next service.
Old 7th August 2022, 15:09   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Has anyone got the transmission oil replaced? Wanted to check on the feedback and cost. My 2016 P AT has done 68k KM and I am thinking of getting the transmission oil replaced in next service.
I also have the same model/year.
Everytime I go to Safdarjung Hyundai in Gurgaon they say not required (read as - they have no knowledge how to do it).

Did you end up getting it changed? IMO it should definitely be changed every few years.

I get my other car serviced and repaired from a large FNG who also fix luxury cars - asked them and they advised me to get it done every 40K kms.

Last edited by rayjaycleoful : 7th August 2022 at 15:10.
Old 13th October 2022, 23:18   #105
BHPian

Riddle me this, Riddle me that ...

I am the original gangster
And the natural monster.

Always thirsty for dinosaur juice,
Timely sparks I like to use.

Buyer shaking seller hand is my logo
On bad roads I am like a stick of pogo

They called me perfect,
A title I would almost accept.

Torque is what I like to convert
5 star dominance I like to assert

The heart of the numero uno formula,
has the same sized heart as mine
I am nearly silent inside but
To hear my heartbeat is simply divine

Although I am very utilitarian
I always cross over the finish line
And still accept a sporty title just fine.

So can you quantify,
Who exactly am I ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks