Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2017, 14:17   #106
BHPian

Re: Driven: Audi A4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan.xj View Post
Hi Guys,

Just booked an Audi A4 35TDI Premium Plus (2017). While I found the TFSI to be adequately fast, did not want to spend 40+ big ones on a 1.4 litre engine (even my bike is a 900cc!), hence chose the TDI. Choice between Premium Plus and Tech was fairly easy since I did not find the add-ons (navi, virtual cockpit, slightly bigger screen and faux-wood inlays) worth spending ~5 lacs. Booked at Audi West (Mumbai), hoping for a delivery over the next 7-10 days.

Final choice made after extensive TDs of C220 Avantgarde (besotted with the panoramic sun roof at one point of time, but the car did scrape over a few bumps and priced higher), new X1 (excellent space, lacklustre interiors) and the new Endeavour (stunning car inside-out, but could not convince myself to sell 39 lacs on a Ford). 320d not considered due to bland interiors (drive is indeed phenomenal).

Jaguar XE was available at some hefty discount but not considered due to ASS problems. Same reason for not considering Skoda.

Things I really liked about the Audi A4 35 TDI
  • Stunning interiors, looks absolutely brilliant at night!
  • Good rear seat space / comfort. May not seat 5, but will seat 4 in luxury
  • High on safety with 8 airbags
  • Almost fully loaded (barring the differences I mentioned above). Would have preferred Apple Carplay, but can live without it.
  • Subtle yet elegant looks from all angles.

Things that could have been better:
  • Alloy wheels are pretty uninspiring (especially for the Tech edition)
  • Apple Car Play
  • Better speakers (perhaps as an optional accessory)

Eagerly waiting for the car delivery, will revert with an initial ownership review soon.

Cheers
Rohan
Hi

I test drove the A4 2.0 TDI technology variant today. Your feedback on the above has been spot on on. The car feels powerful and is loaded with features and the cabin feels quite premium.

Just wanted to get feedback from you on the service. I have heard that audi service in mumbai is not up to the mark required. Also do audi cars depreciate faster than say BMW and Mercedes.

Have been offered an initial discount of 10 l on the premium plus version? Ofcourse this is before final negotiation. Is that a good deal?
amidoc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2017, 15:30   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan.xj View Post
Hi Guys,

Just booked an Audi A4 35TDI Premium Plus (2017). While I found the TFSI to be adequately fast, did not want to spend 40+ big ones on a 1.4 litre engine (even my bike is a 900cc!), hence chose the TDI. Choice between Premium Plus and Tech was fairly easy since I did not find the add-ons (navi, virtual cockpit, slightly bigger screen and faux-wood inlays) worth spending ~5 lacs. Booked at Audi West (Mumbai), hoping for a delivery over the next 7-10 days.

Final choice made after extensive TDs of C220 Avantgarde (besotted with the panoramic sun roof at one point of time, but the car did scrape over a few bumps and priced higher), new X1 (excellent space, lacklustre interiors) and the new Endeavour (stunning car inside-out, but could not convince myself to sell 39 lacs on a Ford). 320d not considered due to bland interiors (drive is indeed phenomenal).

Jaguar XE was available at some hefty discount but not considered due to ASS problems. Same reason for not considering Skoda.

Things I really liked about the Audi A4 35 TDI
  • Stunning interiors, looks absolutely brilliant at night!
  • Good rear seat space / comfort. May not seat 5, but will seat 4 in luxury
  • High on safety with 8 airbags
  • Almost fully loaded (barring the differences I mentioned above). Would have preferred Apple Carplay, but can live without it.
  • Subtle yet elegant looks from all angles.

Things that could have been better:
  • Alloy wheels are pretty uninspiring (especially for the Tech edition)
  • Apple Car Play
  • Better speakers (perhaps as an optional accessory)

Eagerly waiting for the car delivery, will revert with an initial ownership review soon.

Cheers
Rohan
Congratulations Rohan on your new A4. I test drove it yesterday and was simply amazed at the feel of luxury, opulence and technology built into the car. The only key missing point was a RWD.

Wanted to know on your ownership experience of the new A4 till date 9 months down the line.
Old 23rd December 2017, 11:24   #108

Took delivery of a Black A4 TDI Premium Plus yesterday, from Audi Pune.
Being the end of the year, got a really sweet deal from them (anyone in the market for this segment of cars should definitely check with their dealers for some great ongoing discounts).

Driven: Audi A4-img_20171222_142557_63001.jpeg

Upgrading from a Honda City, The A4 seemed much more practical than its competitors for our family of four, with adequate space, comfortable seats, and the boot is actually useful with the space-saver tucked neatly inside, and not strapped on (which renders it almost useless for long trips).
The interiors are really appealing with the horizontal-themed design, and the quality is exemplary compared to the other two (the 3 series is starting to look really dated now).

While the 320d is hands down more fun to drive (RWD!), found the TDI to have similarly good mid-range punch and performance (it's really quiet too), accompanied by a very supple and comfortable ride (found the C-Class especially to have a rather firm setup in the city for our family's liking).
Will try to post an ownership review as the months go by. Cheers!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 24th December 2017 at 11:57. Reason: Rotated image, uploaded, inserted inline. Thanks!
ProximaCentauri is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 29th December 2017, 23:04   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProximaCentauri View Post
Will try to post an ownership review as the months go by. Cheers!
Looking forward to your review. May I know at what price did u get the car, on-road?

Last edited by Vid6639 : 30th December 2017 at 00:37. Reason: fixed quote tags
Old 15th January 2018, 00:14   #110
BHPian

Apologies for the delayed response folks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amidoc View Post
Hi

Just wanted to get feedback from you on the service. I have heard that audi service in mumbai is not up to the mark required. Also do audi cars depreciate faster than say BMW and Mercedes.

Have been offered an initial discount of 10 l on the premium plus version? Ofcourse this is before final negotiation. Is that a good deal?
Hi Amidoc, service has been quite good so far! I have had a spate of tough luck with my tyres, had to replace two tyres for tyre burst! Service center was fully cooperative both times. Audi India seems to be committed to create a good ASS ecosystem.

10l seems to be VFM, definitely more than what i got!

Do let us know if you went ahead with the booking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamsukh View Post
Congratulations Rohan on your new A4. I test drove it yesterday and was simply amazed at the feel of luxury, opulence and technology built into the car. The only key missing point was a RWD.

Wanted to know on your ownership experience of the new A4 till date 9 months down the line.
Hi Jamsukh, the car reeks of luxury from every nook and cranny! As i have maintained in my posts, it drives and seats better than the C class and has more premium/new age interiors than the 3 series. FWD vs RWD is a sore point for some but i am not taking my car to the track, find the FWD ride to be fairly compliant at triple digit speeds on the expressway.

Ownership exp - well i have a review that is about 85% complete, am just not getting enough time to click pics, else would have posted by now. For now, suffice to say that the car exceeds all my expectations. Be it the flashy dynamic turn signals or the beautifully lit interiors or the insane acceleration coupled with a capable suspension and quick gear box, the car is a thorough all rounder. Seats 4 in luxury and is even able to carry a ton of luggage in the boot (separate dedicated slot for the space saver tyre unlike few other cars). I would strongly recommend buying one in case you haven't already!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProximaCentauri View Post
Took delivery of a Black A4 TDI Premium Plus yesterday, from Audi Pune.
Being the end of the year, got a really sweet deal from them (anyone in the market for this segment of cars should definitely check with their dealers for some great ongoing discounts).
Congrats Proxima Centauri, safe travels!
rohan.xj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th January 2018, 00:22   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandCruiser View Post
Hey, what is the view on the complete digital cockpit. With phone displays and TVs having failures/inconsistencies in display quality over a period of time, how are these digital displays expected to hold up say up t0 years or the life time of the vehicle. Isn't it a far fetched bet from the german car makers?
My 4 year old iphone display works just fine despite having being thoroughly abused. In fact my 6.5 year old LCD tv is also running fine (touch wood).

And this is with an average running of 4+ hours per day for the TV and 5+ hours for the cell (am guessing display quality would have some correlation with its avg use time)

Considering that a car may be driven for about 2-4 hours in a day (time the display will remain on) and the kind of technology that would be today be available with these top manufacturers, i would not be much worried with their life cycle!

Cheers
Old 9th March 2018, 01:15   #112
dmv
BHPian

Hi folks,

I'm taking delivery of a premium plus A4 diesel tomorrow.
This will be my first diesel car !
Any special run-in precautions ?

Thanks !
dmv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2018, 22:45   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmv View Post
Hi folks,

I'm taking delivery of a premium plus A4 diesel tomorrow.
This will be my first diesel car !
Any special run-in precautions ?

Thanks !
Hi, first of all, a hearty congratulations on your new beauty, sorry for the late reply, just be gentle on the throttle for the first 2000kms, don’t take be heavy on the throttle as the gearbox will drag the engine to the redline for the same, which is harmful for the engine during its run in. Although there are some manufacturers that claim no run in is required as it’s factory run, not sure about Audi, but why take the chance at all? We BHP-Ian’s do look for utmost self satisfaction in regard to our vehicles. A hearty congratulations on the beauty once again, wishing you countless happy miles for the same.
CarLoverJosh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2018, 14:42   #114
dmv
BHPian

Thanks CarLoverJosh !
I'm taking it easy for the first 1000 Kms or so as suggested in the manual.
Loving the ride so far. Here's a quick pic of my A4
Attached Thumbnails
Driven: Audi A4-a4-front.jpg  

dmv is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th March 2022, 13:39   #115
BHPian

Is the A4 due for a refresh in 2023 ?
Old 28th March 2022, 16:55   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
Is the A4 due for a refresh in 2023 ?
Yes the new generation of A4 i.e. the B10 will be launched in 2023. But I guess it will make its way to India only in 2024.
sauravpat is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed