Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2016, 10:50   #16
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Driven: Porsche 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mijnoirhammer67 View Post
driving a monster on wheels id rather keep it clean.
*Nods head in agreement*. I truly miss my Civic's steering which didn't have any buttons on it. Was perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasanthjn View Post
But in one of the snaps, I see an immaculately maintained W124. It gives an amazing company to 718. Love that shot.
When I saw that pic, I was just thinking "how long before a BHPian comments on this Mercedes"....and here it is - the first post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
These prices look competitive
Especially when you consider that the Mustang costs 65 lakhs! 15 lakhs more for a quicker, better handling, higher quality Porsche seems like a no brainer.

Quote:
Any idea when will Porsche India dealers start taking orders?
Bookings have opened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
The only real complaint, and it's one that's unanimous, is that it simply doesn't sound good at all.
Biggest deal breaker to me. Magic is missing. No aural satisfaction!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14000rpm View Post
Actually this is called a 'Disco Dial' for parking timer. this is not to indicate what time you arrive but to note what time you started parking.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hifisharu View Post
Excellent review there @Moralfibre. Would it be possible to reveal the dates when the drive was conducted?
Moralfibre's travel dates were 20th - 22nd September.
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th October 2016, 11:00   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Especially when you consider that the Mustang costs 65 lakhs! 15 lakhs more for a quicker, better handling, higher quality Porsche seems like a no brainer.
very true, just checked with the local dealership, they should get Cars by Mid December and most of these are with normal loadings only due to some homologation issues beyond a certain value, I don't know much on this maybe Porsche India wants to keep these models as poor man's entry to their ecosystem On Road price of a regular one is indeed around 1 Cr including Road Tax & Insurance in Delhi.

Quote:
Biggest deal breaker to me. Magic is missing. No aural satisfaction
Agreed, but you can get sports exhausts retrofitted at a Porsche dealership. Is the car in the video you posted with regular exhausts or sports?

Last edited by Turbanator : 11th October 2016 at 11:05.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2016, 11:54   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Biggest deal breaker to me. Magic is missing. No aural satisfaction!
Especially after spending the thick-end of 1 cr, the least you'd expect is a sports-car exhaust-note to go with the sports-car appearance and dynamics. The car looks expensive and feels expensive, but it no longer sounds expensive.

Quote:
Agreed, but you can get sports exhausts retrofitted at a Porsche dealership. Is the car in the video you posted with regular exhausts or sports?
There is no sports-exhaust in this world that will be able to replicate the flat-six howl of the old Cayman. Oh, and the PSE isn't retrofitted at the dealerships. They usually get optioned on request by the customer at the time of booking, or it comes preoptioned.
suhaas307 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th October 2016, 11:57   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
and the PSE isn't retrofitted at the dealerships
Yes, that was my understanding as well but Porsche dealer has confirmed that this can be retrofitted at their workshop.

Last edited by Turbanator : 11th October 2016 at 12:09.
Turbanator is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2016, 15:13   #20
BHPian

Nice car. Attention to detail is commendable. But can't fail to notice how Volkswagen is diluting all these iconic brands. Everything from Lamborghini to Porsche is turning into yet another Audi.

I remember Richard Hammond from Top Gear talking about how the Aventador has insane acceleration, superb grip etc etc but it feels just like a big Audi.

A faster, more powerful car is not a better car. Period.

Last edited by The Brutailer : 11th October 2016 at 15:15.
The Brutailer is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th October 2016, 17:55   #21
BHPian

Quote:
I say boo-hoo. 4-cylinders is for hatchbacks and only milk / juice comes in 2-liters.
Every Porsche before the 911 was 4 cylinder and the first 911s were 2 litres

Quote:
very true, just checked with the local dealership, they should get Cars by Mid December and most of these are with normal loadings only due to some homologation issues beyond a certain value
They want to keep the cars under $40000 value apparently to avoid a higher duty structure.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 11th October 2016 at 18:21. Reason: Merging posts. Please use the EDIT & QUOTE + functions within 30 minutes instead of posting consecutively. Thanks. :)
awini is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th October 2016, 18:35   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Yes, that was my understanding as well but Porsche dealer has confirmed that this can be retrofitted at their workshop.
Didn't know about this. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by awini View Post
Every Porsche before the 911 was 4 cylinder and the first 911s were 2 litres
Yes, this is true.

But somehow, hardcore / expensive sports cars and screaming 6-cylinder/8-cylinder engines have become synonymous with each other over the years, and it's hard to detract from that. After all, aural-gratification is a large part of the reason why people buy such cars. One can't exploit even 5% of the car's abilities on public roads, so the loud engines and howling exhaust notes enhance the experience.

OT: How'd you rate your turbocharged 911 Carrera's exhaust-note? It doesn't sound bad at all from the videos on the internet, but does it resonate off the walls / echoes down the road on full chat?
suhaas307 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2016, 19:42   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Didn't know about this. Thanks

Yes, this is true.

But somehow, hardcore / expensive sports cars and screaming 6-cylinder/8-cylinder engines have become synonymous with each other over the years, and it's hard to detract from that. After all, aural-gratification is a large part of the reason why people buy such cars. One can't exploit even 5% of the car's abilities on public roads, so the loud engines and howling exhaust notes enhance the experience.

OT: How'd you rate your turbocharged 911 Carrera's exhaust-note? It doesn't sound bad at all from the videos on the internet, but does it resonate off the walls / echoes down the road on full chat?
Its fairly loud in sports mode, with all the crackles and pops, but I have the sports exhaust. In normal mode its fairly silent. To tell you the truth, the loud exhaust becomes tiresome after a while if you use the car regularly.
awini is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th January 2017, 14:14   #24
Senior - BHPian

Porsche will be launching the new 718 Cayman and the 718 Boxster in India on February 15, 2017.

Link to Team-BHP News
Old 15th February 2017, 14:35   #25
Senior - BHPian

2017 Porsche Boxter 718 & Cayman launched in India

Porsche has been one of my favourite "everyday" supercar brands and it has launched the 718 Boxster & Cayman in India! The rear is a hit or miss for me - sometimes i absolutely love it, other times i think its not very clean.

Any one has first hand experience of driving Porsche's? Why don't we see more of them on the roads?

Quote:
Porsche has finally launched the 718 Boxster and the new 2017 Cayman in India. Porsche dealerships around the country had already started taking orders for these cars and deliveries too have started. The Porsche 718 Cayman is priced at ₹ 81.63 lakh while the 718 Boxster costs ₹ 85.53 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi)
Source : Here

Last edited by GTO : 16th February 2017 at 10:33. Reason: Merging
Nilesh5417 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2017, 19:38   #26
BHPian

I know that this current breed of Cayman is a hot seller due to the price reduction, but if anyone could tell me when to expect some deals on this car, it would be a great help.

I'm thinking of getting the car for myself and would love to hear from Porsche owners and enthusiasts.

Last edited by Stratosphere : 19th June 2017 at 19:59.
Old 19th June 2017, 20:59   #27
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
if anyone could tell me when to expect some deals on this car, it would be a great help
No, you can't get one in stocks, I checked Gurgaon & Ahmedabad recently so no offers. It's against back orders and it appears Porsche has delayed shipments and will start getting fresh cars after GST. However, expect little lower prices due to GST.
Old 19th June 2017, 22:33   #28
BHPian

Quote:
No, you can't get one in stocks, I checked Gurgaon & Ahmedabad recently so no offers. It's against back orders and it appears Porsche has delayed shipments and will start getting fresh cars after GST. However, expect little lower prices due to GST.
Thanks Turbanator for the info. I was hoping against hope that there would be some cracking deal on the car. I was either considering the 718 or the Range Rover Sport. I know these are very varied choices but same price band. Do you think I'll have better luck with the Rangie?
Old 19th June 2017, 23:04   #29
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Do you think I'll have better luck with the Rangie
Unfortunately not, RR Sports is also against a back order with back orders to August/ September. But you can check with Gurgaon Dealership, they may able to give you one white SE with basic specs from stocks if not sold already but again No Discounts.
Old 22nd June 2017, 17:47   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratosphere View Post
Thanks Turbanator for the info. I was hoping against hope that there would be some cracking deal on the car. I was either considering the 718 or the Range Rover Sport. I know these are very varied choices but same price band. Do you think I'll have better luck with the Rangie?

No discounts on Porsche or Ranger rover.

Plus Range rover sport is far more expensive than 718. Cayman should set you back by 85 with a couple of base options while Rangie SE would go till 1.35 ish considering they reduced prices by 30L on sport model. Last time I was quoted 1.80 for HSE. Albeit I didn't find it worth that high.
Dante is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks