Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2016, 10:49   #31
BHPian

re: Indeed 'Fantastico' - My Tata Tiago Revotorq Diesel. EDIT: Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
That's my only gripe with Tata. They should have included ABS in the option pack and could have priced it a little more (maybe 25,30k?). Right now people who want airbags + ABS, XZ is the only option. Maybe it's a clever marketing strategy. And it seems to be working too. I remember reading elsewhere on the forum that 60% of the sales are from the top variant.
I was looking at the Tiago as I wanted an inexpensive car for a couple of years. The lack of ABS in the lower variants was a deal breaker for me. XZ petrol at 6L would have been a good deal if it wasn't for that unimpessive petrol.
Don't really feel like buying an XZ diesel at 7L when the bigger Figo with 1.5l diesel is available at 7.9L.
theredliner is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th October 2016, 12:11   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post
I was looking at the Tiago as I wanted an inexpensive car for a couple of years. The lack of ABS in the lower variants was a deal breaker for me. XZ petrol at 6L would have been a good deal if it wasn't for that unimpessive petrol.
Don't really feel like buying an XZ diesel at 7L when the bigger Figo with 1.5l diesel is available at 7.9L.
Exactly the same reason why I didn't go for petrol despite the daily commute being just 25 kms. The Petrol isn't as good as diesel, and the Diesel Top End at 7 lakhs doesn't make sense. Hence I Opted for Base Diesel

Figo Titanium Diesel at 8 lakhs is a tempting option now.
CarguyNish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2016, 11:28   #33
Senior - BHPian

On October 9th 2016, My Tiago had its 1st Free Service.

It was a General Check-Up. Some issues I had mentioned to the Service Guy were

1. Jerks when driving in 1st Gear & 2nd Gear especially during Cold Starts.
2. Slight rattle from Driver Side Door Pad
3. Engine Temperature light doesn't go off even after warming the engine for more then 60 seconds.
4. Hood Rod was broken & I had asked for Replacement.

Post Service 1 & 2 have been rectified.
But, the Service Guy said that the light isn't that of Engine Temperature, but it's a Coolant Temperature Sign. It will go off after some time. Contary to his words, it goes of once you have covered around 1-2 kms.

4. Hood Rod was replace free of cost. Nice Gesture by Tata.

Total Cost - Nil

MILEAGE UPDATE

The Car has covered 1365 kms as of today.

Current Average Fuel Economy (City Drives) stands at 15.08 kmpl (Tankful Method)

Worst FE - 13.82 kmpl
Best FE - 25.5 kmpl.

Cheers
CarguyNish is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th October 2016, 20:18   #34
BHPian

Congratulations on your new tiago and that a diesel one too.

After reading the official bhp review of tiago, I went in for a test drive of diesel variant and was mightily impressed by the quality of the car. Post my test drive I would open the bhp page twice daily to see whether the people who already bought a tiago had posted their review . Many months passed by and my interest diminished. I altogether left browsing the page due to other commitments.

And now when I see this initial ownership experience, I'm thrilled and glued to site once more.

I assume that stringent guidelines by bhp moderators might have left many more tiago ownership experience in assembly line. And I do very deeply appreciate the hard work and dedication the mods have for team-bhp. Because a work without quality is not worth the effort.

The tyrian blue colour of the tiago definitely makes a tingle in my heart. And I too feel that the diesel is a very refined beast. Let's see how tata keeps its customer base intact with after sales service
adityadeva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2016, 20:39   #35
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the wishes adityadeva.
Yes, there aren't too many Tiago Diesels', that's quite a surprise because Tata's Majority of cars sell higher in diesel version. The Tiago is completely opposite.

Considering the shift towards petrol is one of the reason for Tiago's Petrol sales to be higher then diesel.

I Test Drove the Petrol & Diesel, found the latter to be much better.

Are you planning one ?
Old 18th October 2016, 22:43   #36
BHPian

Congrats CarguyNish on the Tiago. I see a blue one regularly in my office and find this colour to suit the car silhouette very well. Wish you lots of happy miles.
rupdeb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2016, 11:57   #37
BHPian

Hi CarguyNish

Any updates on the Fuel efficiency ? and has your blue beauty crossed 5K in mileage ?
Old 7th November 2016, 12:31   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAE40 in veins View Post
Hi CarguyNish

Any updates on the Fuel efficiency ? and has your blue beauty crossed 5K in mileage ?
Current FE according to MID is 18.8 kmpl, but in reality it is 15.3 kmpl.(Tankful Method)
Yes, there is a 3.5 kmpl Error Difference between MID & Actual FE. Have checked this multiple times & the difference is the same.

Car is used mainly in city with Heavy Traffic at Evenings.

Nope, 5k is still too far, it has done 1688 kms currently.
Old 7th November 2016, 13:02   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Current FE according to MID is 18.8 kmpl, but in reality it is 15.3 kmpl.(Tankful Method)
Yes, there is a 3.5 kmpl Error Difference between MID & Actual FE. Have checked this multiple times & the difference is the same.

Car is used mainly in city with Heavy Traffic at Evenings.

Nope, 5k is still too far, it has done 1688 kms currently.
Its still a great FE you are getting for the usage pattern(city with high traffic). Query was because of diwali weekend and possible long trips where the highway efficiency comes out
SAE40 in veins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2016, 13:05   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAE40 in veins View Post
Its still a great FE you are getting for the usage pattern(city with high traffic). Query was because of diwali weekend and possible long trips where the highway efficiency comes out
Nope, I don't use this car on Highways.

Have other cars for that matter, hence low running. Also the Traffic isn't like that in Chennai or Bengaluru. My daily commute from Office to Home is 25 kms (Up & Down).

Last edited by CarguyNish : 7th November 2016 at 13:08.
Old 13th December 2016, 09:21   #41
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday (12th December), My Tiago completed its 4th month of Ownership.

On 11th December, it crossed the 2000kms mark. Since Demonetization, the running has dipped a bit.

The Overall Fuel Efficiency (Tankful Method) on City drives over the past 4 months have been,

August (12-31) - 14.55 kmpl
September - 14.97 kmpl
October - 15.75 kmpl
November - 15.47 kmpl

The FE is pretty decent IMO considering full AC Usage & also driving 20-25 kms through Traffic.

Regarding Niggles, there aren't much. My car doesn't have Parcel Tray, but there is a slight rattle coming from that area.

Have been using both City & ECO Driving Modes. In the City mode, the car feels energetic but slightly jerky especially during early drives (After Starting).

While the ECO mode is completely opposite. The car feels laggy (Not Much, but slightly) but the smoothness is there.

Jerks can be felt especially at low RPMs in Initial Gears (1st & 2nd). Will be bringing up this issue during next service.

Apart from these, the car has been absolutely wonderful and it is liked & loved by everyone in the family. From November, the car has been shared & used by others. That's truly speaks how good this car is.

Keep it up Tata

Cheers.
CarguyNish is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th January 2017, 21:08   #42
Senior - BHPian

2500 kms UPDATE

Dear BHPians,

My Tiago reached its 2500 km milestone last Friday.

Indeed 'Fantastico' - My Tata Tiago Revotorq Diesel. EDIT: Sold!-img_20170128_083535104.jpg

Since December, the running has come down a bit.

I have driven the car on all sorts of roads & terrains. Also, have stretched its legs on the outskirts of the city to determine its performance.

The Overall Fuel Efficiency (Tankful Method) on City drives over the past 2 months have been,

November - 15.47 kmpl
December - 14.96 kmpl
January - 15.20 kmpl

Indeed 'Fantastico' - My Tata Tiago Revotorq Diesel. EDIT: Sold!-img_20170128_083550887.jpg

This is with 100% AC Usage. I expected these realistic figures. Many other Tiago owners have reported averages of 18-27 kmpl. But those are from MID Figures & also from mainly Long Trips.

Speaking of MID, there is a 3-3.5 kmpl Difference between the Value Shown on MID & the actual Figure (Also Mentioned in Previous Posts).

Now Coming to Pro's & Con's after using it for 5 months/2500 kms,

Pros
  • Attractive & Attention Grabber. (This Blue Shade also helps)
  • Good Quality Paint all around.
  • Great Ride Quality
  • Light & Effortless Steering
  • Easy Entry & Exit
  • Good Ground Clearance (Laden & Unladen)
  • High Seating Position
  • Good Wiper & Headlight Stalks (Feels Durable)

Cons
  • Jerks during Cold Start (Post Warm-up)
  • Uneven Power Delivery during Cold Starts (Post Warm-up)
  • Lack of Engine Temperature Gauge
  • Reverse Gear doesn't slot properly sometimes
  • Engine sounds rough at above 2500 rpm
  • AC Vents throw Cool Air, but size is small
  • Dark Cabin Heats up quickly
  • Rear Quarter Visiblity Difficult, especially at Night
  • Rattles
Rattles have started appearing on Dashboard Top Right Corner, Front Door Pads, Rear Parcel Shelf Area.

This being a Tata, i was expecting these, no matter how good the Tiago might be. I get Irritated by these. I will ask the service center to rectify these during 2nd Service. If these persist, i may sell my Tiago.

NIGGLES

Also, from Late December, i am hearing this weird noise. Its mainly heard from Rear Axle, and it happens only in 1st & 2nd Gears. I can't describe the noise, and the sound isn't captured clearly in Sound/Video Recording.

I guess, its something to do with Driveshaft, but then this is a FWD car. Anyway i will be highlighting this in the Complaints List during 2nd Free Service which is Scheduled Next Month.

NEW DISCOVERY

A new feature was discovered recently.

When the engine is on, and when you engage the Handbrake, a continuous beep is heard as soon as one opens the door.

Cheers

Last edited by CarguyNish : 30th January 2017 at 21:23.
CarguyNish is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th July 2017, 13:47   #43
BHPian

Hello CarguyNish ! How's your Tiago doing ? I am looking forward to buy a car from this segment. I like the package Tiago offers. But, many people have warned me against niggles associated with Tata cars. How your ownership experience has been so far with Tata ? Especially when compared to your previous experience with wagon R ?
Old 9th June 2022, 12:24   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
2500 kms UPDATE

Dear BHPians,

My Tiago reached its 2500 km milestone last Friday.
Can you please share current odo running & experience till now...
SulemanP is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks