Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2016, 16:18   #16
BHPian

Re: My three red diamonds : Mitsubishi Pajero Sport in blue & white

Genopv, welcome the exclusive club of Pajero Sport owners. A vehicle which truly appeals to the heart and helps you unleash some passions in life. The two tone blue looks very good. Good point about your wheel colours - I will be thinking about it seriously too!

You will keep falling move and more in love with your ride. Wishing you lots and lots of happy adventurous miles!
anshuman_v is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2016, 18:18   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by genopv View Post
I’m not able to find any safety rating for this model in the web. I’m told the body is built with sufficient crash protection in the sides.
ASEAN Ncap rated it 4 stars

Adult Occupant Protection: 4-Star

Child Occupant Protection: 40%

http://www.aseancap.org/mitsubishi-pajero/

Last edited by Nithesh_M : 21st October 2016 at 18:19.
Nithesh_M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2016, 13:14   #18
BHPian

Congrats for your new car !! Pajero is one Superb looking SUV, it has got all the toughness of a 4x4 against the likes of Fortuner or Endeavour (my personal opinion), and your dual tone color choice looks great.

Quote:
Handling Charges 31,933
Honestly that looks to me like a terrible figure, in-fact handling charges are still being added to on-road price in India ? I thought there is no handling charges added to the on-road price all over India, not just Delhi, Kerala and Telangana. It's something which should be imposed in all states, it's nothing but daylight robbery.
GT145 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2016, 13:48   #19
BHPian

Update:

Another long trip was coming up and hence decided to fix the following:
  1. Fix the Cruise Control
  1. Niggling noise from somewhere towards the left side passenger door
  1. Switchover to Kagu 3D mats

Took the car to Service station. After few attempts they were able to fix the cruise control and it works fine now.

They attempted few more things to fix the niggling noise - but it still persists. They are to get some one to look at it in the next service.

Got the Kagu 3D mats fixed from Auto Planet, Koramangala. Was contemplating whether to go for Beige or Black. Current ones were Black - but black wasn't available immediately. Thought through and decided to go with Beige - it possibly can handle the dirt better on the run.

Removed the existing mats, cleaned up the carpet with Vacuum cleaner and fixed the new mats!

There are gaps in the basic carpet in the third row and doesn't look great -- it could easily accumulate dust and dirt.

My three red diamonds : Mitsubishi Pajero Sport in blue & white-originalmatgap.jpg

Some pics of the Kagu 3d Mat post fixing:

Kagu Label:
My three red diamonds : Mitsubishi Pajero Sport in blue & white-kagulabel.jpg

Dirty Front Mat post few days of use:
My three red diamonds : Mitsubishi Pajero Sport in blue & white-frontdirtymat.jpg

Cleaning was pretty easy, use a simple brush which isn't too hard or soft, to rub off the dirt. The mat is supposedly water proof etc and can be cleaned in running water - yet to try the same.

Cleaned using this brush:

My three red diamonds : Mitsubishi Pajero Sport in blue & white-cleaningbrush.jpg

Cleaned Front Mat: (Two Pieces)
Driver Side:

My three red diamonds : Mitsubishi Pajero Sport in blue & white-frontmatdriver.jpg

Passenger Side:

My three red diamonds : Mitsubishi Pajero Sport in blue & white-frontpassengermat.jpg

Mat Hooks in the front:

My three red diamonds : Mitsubishi Pajero Sport in blue & white-mathook.jpg

Mat Hook cleanly hidden by 3D mat:

My three red diamonds : Mitsubishi Pajero Sport in blue & white-mathookhidden.jpg

Middle Row mats: (Three Pieces)
My three red diamonds : Mitsubishi Pajero Sport in blue & white-middlerow.jpg

Third Row Mat (Single Piece):

My three red diamonds : Mitsubishi Pajero Sport in blue & white-thirdrowmat.jpg

Initially felt the mat is a bit slippery - but it got better with usage. Mats are sturdy and clings to the original mat nicely.

That completes one of the two pending upgrades. The other being Audio - yet to do the same.

Also thinking of doing Ceramic coating.

Need to figure out ways to clean the seats - they are getting dirtier by the day. Would search here.

Did a trip of about 500Km to BR Hills. The roads were pretty good and it is a great place for the weekend. Stayed at a place called Swetagiri, which has a nice view towards the valley below. Could spot deers / wild goats / bison / boars and some birds apart from the monkeys in the jungle trips.

In this trip got a mileage of about 10.91 kmpl with AC except for about 50kms. Used 4WD for about 30 kms in that.
genopv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2017, 12:40   #20
BHPian

Did another trip of abouyt 1400Kms. This time the FE wiht A/C on all the time was 12+kmpl. 4WD was never used. Ran on Cruise control for about 100+kms.

This car is slowly becoming a second nature to me.

Issues:

Left side window pane isn't coming up fast enough. At one time I thought it might just get stuck mid-way. Need to check with ASS.

Kagu mat for the left side mid row doesn't seem to get seated well enough. Trying re-adjusting the positioning to see if it works good. Else towards the door panel, it gets lifted up a bit and becomes a hindrance.

Need to find a good way to tuck away the middle row / middle seat seat-belt.

Also trying to find if I can get a cover for the stepney and a muffler for the exhaust.

Last edited by genopv : 2nd January 2017 at 12:42. Reason: added the point about seat belt.
Old 15th April 2017, 15:28   #21
BHPian

Was out of town for a month and the car was being started every other week - not used though. When I came back and tried starting the car for a trip, it failed to start! Called Mitsubishi on road service - they were going to take more than an hour to reach (6:30 in the morning).

Brought in a local mechanic and started the car with a different battery. He refitted the original battery and did sindle day trip to Bandipur. Vehicle was doing good. Didn't start the car for the next two weeks and tried starting for the next trip to Chennai. Surprisingly it didn't start again! This time I gave the battery for charging and all went good.

Went to the service station to check - battery's gravity was a bit less - but since I was going to do continuous drive, it was expected to be recharged. Had a good trip again.

Gave the car for the second service. Engine /Gear oil were replaced. Chose synthetic oil. The bill was close to 10K.
Old 16th April 2017, 11:23   #22
BANNED

Quote:
Was out of town for a month and the car was being started every other week - not used though.
If the truck was started and idled for 10 mins every week, the battery should not have discharged so quickly. There is something wrong. If it is under warranty, I recommend you get it replaced for losing charge quicker than normal. I have had multiple instances of not starting my vehicles for more than a month and they started normally at the first crank, even with 1-2 yr old batteries.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2017, 22:51   #23
BHPian

Post the last updated, did a comfortable two 1000+ kms. Completed the 1 year service. So far have done about 7.5K kms. Service costed 14325/- for Fuel/Oil Filter and Synthetic Oil. Pre service all iphone's stopped working in the Media (both wired and bluetooth); though Android was working good. In service they had reset and things seem to work fine.

At this point definitely enjoying the ride. Two complaints: the headlight isn't great in low beam - need to find what can be done. The car seem to catch swirls too quick compared to other car brands - was considering recoating with ceramic, but haven't decided.

Have to visit Kenwood service to find how to update the firmware and map.
Old 19th September 2017, 18:56   #24
BANNED

Quote:
Two complaints: the headlight isn't great in low beam - need to find what can be done.
Two options.

1. Start by fitting better quality halogen bulbs like Night breakers or Extreme Vision and get them focussed using a screwdriver properly. This improves it significantly.

2. If you are not satisfied with 1, replace your headlight bulbs with LED bulbs, they work wonders for visibility and throw.
n.devdath is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2017, 23:18   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Two options.

1. Start by fitting better quality halogen bulbs like Night breakers or Extreme Vision and get them focussed using a screwdriver properly. This improves it significantly.

2. If you are not satisfied with 1, replace your headlight bulbs with LED bulbs, they work wonders for visibility and throw.
Thank you Mr Devdath :-) would this require any electrical circuit changes as well?
Old 29th September 2017, 01:13   #26
BANNED

Quote:
would this require any electrical circuit changes as well?
None at all. It is plug and play.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks