Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2017, 15:27   #16
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 W10 Automatic (Sunset Orange) - A dream comes true

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawnilrules View Post
A quick question, is KESSY with engine Start/Stop a new addition to the AT variant of the XUV? .
Yes. When AT was launched it did not have passive keyless entry or Start /Stop button (even in W10 variant). It was added I guess in Jun 16.
simonkayar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2017, 17:05   #17
BHPian

Hi simonkayar,

Congratulations on your purchase.

A couple of questions...

1. How is the sound quality from the ICE? Is the bass good provide there is no Sub. How is the clarity

2. Can you see the bonnet from the driver's seat?

3. Even though they are worlds apart still how do you compare the automatic transmission in your A-Star and XUV?
Old 13th February 2017, 08:43   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manojas View Post
Hi simonkayar,

Congratulations on your purchase.

A couple of questions...

1. How is the sound quality from the ICE? Is the bass good provide there is no Sub. How is the clarity

3. Even though they are worlds apart still how do you compare the automatic transmission in your A-Star and XUV?
Thanks a lot.

1. Sound quality from ICE is decent. Bass is just ok.
2. Yes
3. A-Star is quicker being petrol (especially first gear) but maxes out at 4 gears. So within short trips in City, A star has the edge. Personally, we take A star only if the parking would be a problem, otherwise I still prefer XUV for its higher stance and space.
Old 13th February 2017, 09:23   #19
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by manojas View Post
Very much. Here are two photos clicked by me from the driver's seat:

(3) Thanks
Old 15th February 2017, 09:10   #20
BHPian

Short update: FE in city has improved to about 10 kmpl now. ODO stands at 3600. It could be also because I am stopping the engine for few minutes in signals.
Old 17th February 2017, 00:39   #21
BHPian

Is this 10 kmpl as per the MID or tanktop method?
Old 17th February 2017, 09:18   #22
BHPian

Dear Simonkayar,
Congratulations on your latest automatic Acquisition and wish you clear daily bumper to bumper grind with ease. XUV 500 is a gem of a vehicle with equally nice Engine-Gearbox combo. Congrats once again.

Last edited by N4Nikunj : 17th February 2017 at 09:21.
Old 19th February 2017, 06:49   #23

Hi Simonkayar,
First of all congratulations on getting your beast and it was a pleasure reading your review indeed.
Just wanted to check one thing that is it advisable to install side footsteps on a monocoque frame? (It looks great btw)
Reason being that the clamps of the same are attached directly to the chasis. Any inputs?

I've booked the W6 automatic for me. Getting it delivered in March'17 so curious to know about it!
Old 19th February 2017, 06:57   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniket6 View Post
Hey, congratulations on the XUV and lovely write up. You sure are enjoying your XUV just as I am. This truly is a magical vehicle.

1. Consider getting a dashcam for your car.

2. I am no audiophile either, but recently upgraded my ICE with HU intact as the stock speakers were pretty bad. The upgrade has worked wonders and now enjoying the car even more.

Hi Aniket6,
Can you please provide the details of your stock speakers upgrade?

XUV's sound system is a big turn off for an average audiophile.
Old 19th February 2017, 07:47   #25

Hi Simonkayar,

First of all congratulations for acquiring your new best. I'm sure the automatic is a breeze to drive. Recently I've also booked W6 automatic and will be getting it delivered in March'17.

Just wanted to check with you if its safe to install the side steps in a monocoque suspension, just because of the reason that its clamps are directly attached to the chasis. Any thoughts?
Old 21st February 2017, 10:38   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvldvr View Post
Is this 10 kmpl as per the MID or tanktop method?
Full tank to Full tank method. The MID shows somewhere between 10.8 to 11.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by N4Nikunj View Post
Dear Simonkayar,
Congratulations on your latest automatic Acquisition and wish you clear daily bumper to bumper grind with ease. XUV 500 is a gem of a vehicle with equally nice Engine-Gearbox combo. Congrats once again.
Thank you :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayank1908 View Post
Hi Simonkayar,
First of all congratulations for acquiring your new best.
Just wanted to check with you if its safe to install the side steps in a monocoque suspension, just because of the reason that its clamps are directly attached to the chasis. Any thoughts?
Thanks. I have absolutely no idea but being an official accessory I went with it without any doubts (and it does look good, especially compared to the previous design that they had)
Old 22nd February 2017, 17:04   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonkayar View Post
Short update: FE in city has improved to about 10 kmpl now. ODO stands at 3600. It could be also because I am stopping the engine for few minutes in signals.
Congrats Simon on your acquisition. Didn't realize I had missed your ownership thread. Amazing how 10L budget went to 21L but heart wants what it wants. Wish you many safe and fun miles on your car.

Regarding avg it will settle after 5K service. My car is at 17K km and i get steady 10kmpl in bangalore traffic and i drive through marathahalli and ORR every day. Highways at speeds in range of 120kmph I manage about 14kmpl and around 90-100 it can easily do 16kmpl.
Old 1st March 2017, 09:02   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
Congrats Simon on your acquisition.
Regarding avg it will settle after 5K service. My car is at 17K km and i get steady 10kmpl in bangalore traffic and i drive through marathahalli and ORR every day. Highways at speeds in range of 120kmph I manage about 14kmpl and around 90-100 it can easily do 16kmpl.
Thanks supertinu.

Another Trip. Another update. This time we went to Yelagiri and also visited our native places - Pondicherry, Cuddalore etc

Trip 002: Bangalore to Yelagiri
Dates: Dec 26 - Dec 30, 2016
Route:
Home->Krishnagiri->Yelagiri->Thirupattur->Singarapettai->Chengam->Thiruvannamalai->Gingee->Mailam->Villanur->Cuddalore->Vanur->Villanur
Villanur->Koodapakkam->Thirukannur->Vetavalam->Thiruvannamalai->Chengam-Singarapettai->Uthangarai->Sambalpatti->Mathur->Krishnagiri->Home
Distance: ~750kms
Mileage: ~ 11.5kmpl

Day 1: Dec 26 (Monday)
Started a bit late at 9.30 the previous day being Christmas. We took the Nice road this time for fear of too much traffic on the Begur road. Since we already had breakfast at home, it was rather a single stretch towards the hotel. Traffic was mild considering most people would have left on Saturday or Sunday. The awesomeness of driving an XUV on NH has to be experienced. We took left at Krishnagiri towards Chennai road. After just about 40 kms we took a left underbridge which turned right in to a village road towards Yelagiri.
Mahindra XUV500 W10 Automatic (Sunset Orange) - A dream comes true-1-deviation-chennaibangalore.jpg
We could see the hill from a distance. It was not too big but scenic.
Mahindra XUV500 W10 Automatic (Sunset Orange) - A dream comes true-2-safe-hill-climb.jpg
Mahindra XUV500 W10 Automatic (Sunset Orange) - A dream comes true-3-one-hairpin-bends.jpg
We reached Kumararaja Palace about 2.00 P.M and got our rooms at ground floor. The hotel had a nice design with rooms all around a central open space housing a swimming pool, play area etc.
Mahindra XUV500 W10 Automatic (Sunset Orange) - A dream comes true-4-kumarraja-palace.jpg
We went to the restaurant and had decent meals. We then came back to room for some rest. By 5.20 we were up and went out to visit some places. Lake was closed and so was the Nature Park. However we managed to visit the Murugar (Subramanya) temple, which actually was rather nice, with about 40-50 steps (on either side there were stones inscribed with donations, some like 100 Rs or so).
Mahindra XUV500 W10 Automatic (Sunset Orange) - A dream comes true-5-steps-showing-donations.jpg
Mahindra XUV500 W10 Automatic (Sunset Orange) - A dream comes true-6-murugar-temple.jpg
We came back to the hotel and saw that there was a projector setup with some movie being screened !There was bonfire after dinner

Day 2: Dec 27 (Tuesday)
Got up by 7.00 and went for buffet breakfast. Visited the Nature park and spent about 20-30 minutes.
Mahindra XUV500 W10 Automatic (Sunset Orange) - A dream comes true-7-inside-nature-park.jpg
Then the man made lake and we spent another 30 minutes there.
Mahindra XUV500 W10 Automatic (Sunset Orange) - A dream comes true-8-manmade-lake.jpg
It had boating also and was rather nice. We took the Tirupattur->Singarapettai route back and just before Tindivanam, took right towards Mailam. That is when we found out that there was some work on the railway crossing and we had to take a detour admist some fields. Thankfully, there was a sumo in front of us and some villagers had asked us to follow that vehicle. It was a good 20-30 minutes of driving over fields of all kinds, sometimes we were even worried if the vehicle in front was trustworthy.
Mahindra XUV500 W10 Automatic (Sunset Orange) - A dream comes true-9-fields-enroute-mailam.jpg
However it ended well and we were back on track. We reached the temple on time and finished the puja there.
Mahindra XUV500 W10 Automatic (Sunset Orange) - A dream comes true-10-mailam-temple-lake.jpg

Day 3 and 4: Local sightseeing and being with family in Pondicherry
Visited the beach and also had food at Baker's Street, a nice experience.
Mahindra XUV500 W10 Automatic (Sunset Orange) - A dream comes true-11-pondicherry-beach-road.jpg
Mahindra XUV500 W10 Automatic (Sunset Orange) - A dream comes true-12-beach.jpg
Mahindra XUV500 W10 Automatic (Sunset Orange) - A dream comes true-13-aayi-mandap.jpg
Mahindra XUV500 W10 Automatic (Sunset Orange) - A dream comes true-14-french-eatout.jpg

Day 5: Dec 30th (Friday)
Finally on the fifth day morning we left to Bangalore. We took the Thirukannur -> Vizhupuram route Then it was Thiruvannamalai. We stopped at a non veg restaurant and then took off to home. Reached by 7.30 I guess at the end.

Last edited by simonkayar : 1st March 2017 at 09:04.
Old 10th May 2017, 14:48   #29
BHPian

Update after 1st Service
  1. Service cost was 3700 including Android Auto upgrade
  2. Overall experience was fine, except for delay in payment because of cashier non-availability (long weekend). I was supposed to pick it the same day but due to rain I picked it up the next day. Service cashier was off and sales cashier was taking time to reach. So paid by PayTM (didn't know it and was waiting for cashier for a good 20 minutes at least)
  3. Mileage is hovering around 8 for high traffic Bangalore city drives (idling at traffic for about 20 minutes and slow moving traffic for another hour or so everyday)
  4. Minor niggle: Noticed that in auto mode AC the air inlet goes from inside to outside after about 20-30 minutes (not always but have observed it). Told the SA. Have to check if that is fixed now
  5. Minor confusion: Anti pinch on both sunroof and windows not working. Has never worked I guess. SA says that it is the case with the current XUVs. Need to confirm the same and report it. However not very particular about this.
  6. No other niggles or issues. Car is still as good as new and rides beautifully. Every time I get near the car to drive it, I just can't stop smiling

Added a dashcam - Viofo A119 and it is doing a pretty good job. Will add more updates about Android Auto and Dashcam shortly.

Last edited by simonkayar : 10th May 2017 at 14:51.
Old 14th May 2017, 02:03   #30

Hi Simonkayar,

I'm getting almost the same mileage as yours in Delhi traffic. Hovers from 8-9 kmpl in city and got close to 10kmpl on Agra-Lucknow expressway but I did constant 150-160 kmph throughout my ride.. clocked close to 2500 kms till now! Mahindra XUV500 W10 Automatic (Sunset Orange) - A dream comes true-screenshot_20170514015832.png

Mahindra XUV500 W10 Automatic (Sunset Orange) - A dream comes true-img_20170324_125611_116.jpg
mayank1908 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks