Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2017, 19:42   #16
BHPian

Re: White Stallion for my son - Hyundai Elite i20

Called Stanley, Hyderabad and they quoted 45k to 55k for the side airbag compatible seat covers based on the type of the leather I select. I also called Autoform seat covers retailer at ministers road, Secunderabad. They mentioned that the seat covers will cost from 9500 to 15000 for PU leatherette seat covers. They mentioned that there will be zip at side airbag deployment side . Need to personally visit this shop to check these seat covers and their operation.
Old 11th February 2017, 19:46   #17
BHPian

Unfortunate Incident

An unfortunate incident happened recently. I am driving behind a VW Polo and Polo stopped. I stopped 7 feet behind the Polo. Suddenly Polo moved back and hit front left side of my car's bumper. It happened so suddenly and I was in a shock and didn't have time move back. The Polo driver was driving that car first time and accidentally engaged reverse gear by pressing the lever instead of first gear.

Damage:
Bumper got minor scratches. What worried me are the scratches on the headlight (highlighted in circles).

White Stallion for my son - Hyundai Elite i20-headlamp-scratches.jpg

Got the bumper partially painted at Laxmi Hyundai service center, Banjara Hills. They charged 1840 for partial painting.

Headlight Scratches Removal:
I started researching on the headlamp scratches removal on Youtube. Tried Toothpaste solution showed in some videos but it didn't remove the scratches. I found in some videos about applying various grit rating wet sand papers and polishing for removing scratches. I went to 3M, RajBhavan Road. Showed them the scratches and asked if they can be removed by buffing/ polishing. The service guys told that they can't be removed. I asked them to apply sand paper buffing and polishing. They agreed to do that. They used 3 types of sand papers with different grit ratings and finally applied the polishing paste and buffed. The scratches were removed and headlights are now in pristine condition.

White Stallion for my son - Hyundai Elite i20-img20170206wa0004.jpg
narasimha raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2017, 12:42   #18
BHPian

Planning to replace the brake lights with LED bulbs. Can somebody help me in identifying the bulb types used in i20 Elite brake lights and high mount brake light? There are different types like 1156, 1157 etc. I checked in the owners manual but didn't find any information on type of bulbs used in brake lights.
Old 2nd July 2017, 01:02   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narasimha raju View Post
Planning to replace the brake lights with LED bulbs. Can somebody help me in identifying the bulb types used in i20 Elite brake lights and high mount brake light? There are different types like 1156, 1157 etc. I checked in the owners manual but didn't find any information on type of bulbs used in brake lights.
Hey, did you get any info in this?

I also want to change my tail lamps/reverse lamp to LED

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks