Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2016, 15:05   #1
Senior - BHPian

2016 Fiat Punto Evo Multijet: 2 years, 34,200 kms and now sold

THE FROSTY REINDEER

2016 Fiat Punto Evo Multijet: 2 years, 34,200 kms and now sold-img-401.jpg

The evening sunset, the calmness of the break of dawn, the scintillating scenery behind, and a long winding road ahead.
Just one of the many excuses to go out on long drives, and its only then we begin to realise, "every drive has a reason".

2016 Fiat Punto Evo Multijet: 2 years, 34,200 kms and now sold-img-49.jpg

A human life is a continuous evolution of getting evolved with time.
Its only then you realise
"Everything happens for a reason."

We often go through a phase where we don't know who and where we are, don't know what to do, can't decide whom to talk, where to write and express our mixed feelings and undecided on the road ahead. When that phase is like a deep pothole determined to grind you down. But, when we cross that pothole intelligently and in a patient manner with a happy face, we begin to realise the true fact of our life, that "everything happens for a reason".

When you start shining in your life, you make progress.
You make progress, you evolve.
You evolve, you discover new things.
You discover new things, you begin to appreciate a phenomenon.
That phenomenon is called change.
That's when you begin to realise, "everything happens for a reason".

2016 Fiat Punto Evo Multijet: 2 years, 34,200 kms and now sold-img-47.jpg

Reflection comes in all shapes and sizes. When you dig deep into understanding the creativity and design, we begin to realise how creative a human mind is. Sketching all possible lines, curves and angles to culminate in one final artistic design, they guide the pathways for you in a dark, mystical night and light the way ahead for you to see the road ahead.
It's then you begin to realise "every creation has a reason".

Life is all about continuous evolution.
It's about, how to move up with modern times, while keeping our core traditional values intact.
Everything, that me, and all of us, loved about the red beluga, now in a new improved Avatar.
New looks, new interiors, with a new variable Geometry turbo, an up to date infotainment system, and more refinement, all with the same great taste, and with the same great soul underneath.
It's like asking Santa for a Christmas present, and getting much more than we have ever dreamt of.
The Christmas and new year celebrations have just began.
Presenting the story, of my Frosty Reindeer, the story of Fiat Punto Evo 1.3 VGT.

2016 Fiat Punto Evo Multijet: 2 years, 34,200 kms and now sold-img-44.jpg

Because, everything happens for a reason.

Last edited by sidindica : 1st January 2017 at 20:43.
sidindica is offline   (33) Thanks
Old 30th December 2016, 22:14   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: 2016 Fiat Punto Evo: 21,300 kms & with a short shifter

The likes and dislikes

2016 Fiat Punto Evo Multijet: 2 years, 34,200 kms and now sold-img-21.jpg

A motor car, or a product, goes through many aspects. From the conceptualisation of ideas, to designing of possible shapes and sizes, all through the wild imaginations of designers above and beyond, to the clay mock up to give a virtual reality, to the design of all parts, components, interior, exterior, the likes, et al, to the prototypes that are being final tested on the road, to the consumer, the actual test bed. We buy cars, with a reason.
To sync and enjoy our drives with our loved ones.
To make car clubs.
To listen to that soulful music.
To make car friends.
To start endless debates.
To eat, sleep, drink and smell cars, and only cars.
We use them, and rack in miles, after miles.
And the more we use them, the more debating we are.
Why?

Because, every like has a reason.
-Matured and grown up facelift, looks up to date.
-all the qualities and traits of the Grande Punto, now in a much improved avatar.
-Planted feel, ride and handling, stability and cornering.
-Excellent HPS feedback.
-softer seats are more cushy and comfortable.
-Finally, the in car entertainment is in the 21st century.
-The VGT is a joy to pilot. Tuning feels much better than the early Punto 90s of yore.
-Remap exploits the full potential of the chassis. Feels like a complete package now.
-Solid build quality, the thick body in white gives a reassurance of safety.
-Maintenance costs for a European car are pretty reasonable.
-Improved gearshift compared to my previous Punto.
-All in all, mix of features to specs to price is very competitive.
-Warranty support and quality of post sales service is decent.

But, as we speak, the consumer test bed is also bound to be criticised, cause we, the end users, are true critics after all. End of the day, these things which are not to be liked, too, have a reason.
-Weird ergonomics remain, Fiat owners can get used to it, other's cant.
-Ancient 30 year old gearbox continues to lag against contemporary cogs of competitors
-Critical parts like Turbo and brake pads cost a bomb
-I have my reservation on the life of shocker mounts. They were terrible in my previous car, but hopefully they wouldn't disappoint.
-small displacement engine on a 1190 kg car fortifies the 11 year old lineage.
-Facelift is a hit or a miss with Fiat purists. AAARGGH that wheelwell gap is an eyesore.
-Hmm..was tempted to see electric boot release, armrest, reverse camera, auto wipers, auto dimming IRVM atleast now? AARRGGH...still no.
-The after sales service network spread. TERRIBLE, to say the least.

2016 Fiat Punto Evo Multijet: 2 years, 34,200 kms and now sold-img-116.jpg

Last edited by sidindica : 30th December 2016 at 22:55.
sidindica is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 30th December 2016, 22:54   #3
Senior - BHPian

The purchase.

2016 Fiat Punto Evo Multijet: 2 years, 34,200 kms and now sold-img-98.jpg

We often think like thinktanks about a gazillion times with too much drama when we go to purchase this human creation of 4 wheels-this, motor car. We ask, and ask again, and again, and take countless opinions. And again, get more confused.
Now, just imagine, every confusion has a reason.
To think more, which again, has a reason.
To evaluate more, which, again has a reason.
To haggle, which again has a reason.
To get the best deal, which, again, has a reason.
To get the best sales experiance, which too has a reason.
Because, when we get a new object of desire, we begin to realise, "everything happens for a reason".

The story:
-Kashyap Automobiles, Okhla, Delhi
-Met a guy who goes by the name-Sagar Bhatia.
-Asked him-Ik gaddi leni hai.
-He asked-kaunsi gaddi sirjee
-I said-"Hold your breath"-Fiat Punto Evo powertech 90 hp emotion.
-He said-Sir, order kab place karna hai
-I said-gaadi khadi hai le jaon?
-I said-you see that sweet silver coloured vehicle standing at the backyard shed, I WANT THAT!!!!!
-He asked-when?
-I said, wait, PM sahab ki len den hai, plastic me doonga.
-he accepted, Deal done.

In fact, my pre sales experiance with this guy has been excellent. Initially I wanted red again, but all that stupid chrome around would look out of place. I wanted to have black interior, but couldn't get it. And I would potentially loose the latest in In car entertainment system. ICE, ICE, BABY!!!!!!

We negotiated a very good deal, so here it goes.
-On road price of Rs. 9,19,000
-Less cash discount of 40,000
-Less additional discount of 15,000
-Less another INR 10,000 saved with insurance (I have New India nil dep basic for this car done with my own self).
-Plus additional freebies like boot mat, floor mats (shifted to my old red car), sill plates, chrome exhaust tip and grille change to the "sport" version.

I booked the car on November 10, and the car was in ready stock, Sagar was liberal enough to help me with the PDI, took 2 full days and checked the car thoroughly inside and out, and then signed the registration form. Paperwork was smooth, and RC arrived after 30 days as promised.
AND, therein lies the twist in the tale. My car's fitness, being Delhi registered, and being a diesel, is now only for a decade.Not a decade and half.
Why? Because, everything happens for a reason. The National Green Tribunal factor, perhaps?

I took delivery on the late night of November 21, and he handed me over bouquet which had bunch of phools, and on seeing me smiling his phool sa chehra also expressed a smile, and both of us smiled for a reason.
The photograph, of course.

And she came home, to an unexpected surprise in the parking lot, because, this, was an impulse purchase, and everything happened so quickly.

And the next day, I started to stare at her, with all that glittering chrome decked up with shiny silver paint, topped up by the sexiest Italian footwear, all getting a glance of admiration from the passersby.

Lets explore what my car has.
-115 bhp remap/250 nm torque from GT Tunerz.
-Alloy wheels (MOMO revenge 6.5J X 16) 98 PCD carried from my old red car.
-Star 3D mats and metallic drilled rudder pedals carried over from old car.
-Speakers-front-Rainbow profi kick midbass, with soundline tweeters and crossovers, and rear- Rainbow dreamline W6, 6.5", again carried over from my old red car.
-STP damping, done from Driven.
-Rear spoiler, purchased from kashyap, painted outside and installed.
-Samurai rubber skirt installed under the front bumper.
-front upper and lower grille swapped with "sport" variant grille. Looks better to me.

But, every question has a reason. Like, why I didn't consider any alternative competitor cars?
It only has one answer.
The answer is, some cars endear us so much that we cannot think of any valid replacements. In a nutshell, this car has the soul of an old school machine with all the modern gadgets, some atleast. And I saved quite a lot in accessories also. Maybe another car in garage, sometime later, to compliment my Evo, till then, that's the only answer.

2016 Fiat Punto Evo Multijet: 2 years, 34,200 kms and now sold-img-137.jpg

Because, everything happens for a reason.

Last edited by sidindica : 1st January 2017 at 11:59.
sidindica is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 30th December 2016, 23:56   #4
Senior - BHPian

The design, which has a reason.

2016 Fiat Punto Evo Multijet: 2 years, 34,200 kms and now sold-img-45.jpg

Or should we say, a redesign for a reason?
Perhaps, yes. Probably a lazy giant like FCA still believes on "kheecho kheecho" attitude.
For a company, selling 600 cars per month, without much of an effort, the little they do the better it is, because they have "done something". I was surprised that they did way too much more than I expected them to do. So, some effort they did put, to perhaps, justify the reason?
Its pretty much a heavy facelift on an old vehicle. And it does take some razmatazz to get used to. Perhaps, not so easy to digest, specially after being spoilt by that timeless decade old Giugiaro design called the Grande Punto.
So, for starters, you get an all new front with twin stage honeycomb mesh grille and surrounded by dollops of glitterati chrome, huge fog lamp with chrome ribbon tied around it, the enlarged "reindeer" headlamps with those lovely dual tone detailing around, the Fiat logo moves up to the bonnet, and the bonnet has that omnipresent "powerbuldge", flatter and tauter with two extreme creaselines, and curvacious fenders which surprisingly gel well with the ancient doors and windowline with glittering chrome handles to the sides.
The side profile more or less remains the same, save for the "now mandatory" turn light LED indicator on OSRVM and the rear too sees a minimal change.
For starters, the taillights have LED elements for parking and separate brake and indicator lights, while the bumper is all new with more curvacious reverse and fog lights integrated onto it like before. And of course, to make it glitter and burn the eyes of "buri nazar wale", surrounded with high quality chrome fittings.

The build quality remains more or less the same, with heavy body in white that gives you the feeling of invincibility, the doors somehow feel a bit thinner and lack that "thud" of old Fiats of yore, and all this facelift has increased weight to a portly 1190 kgs. Enough to make its tinny JDM competitors wet their pants.
The car rides on the same chassis underpinnings as that of the 2005 "C" platform of Europe, though nothing much in basic has been updated, and suspension continues to be the same as earlier.
This is one of the last species of cars in its class to use HPS, and this old school tech is evident as far as driving manners are considered.
One thing which I like about my car is the paint quality. The thickness measured in 130-140 microns as per the coating thickness meter, though orange peel is somewhat evident. Now, orange peel is a problem with all competitors and all cars have it from the factory itself.
The car carries a 3 year/1,00,000 kms warranty against any manufacturing defects of components, though component wise warranty parameters defer, and for 3 years against any anti perforation, as written in the owners manual.

I guess lets take a look at the pictures below, to better describe the story in detail.

2016 Fiat Punto Evo Multijet: 2 years, 34,200 kms and now sold-img-105.jpg

2016 Fiat Punto Evo Multijet: 2 years, 34,200 kms and now sold-img-110.jpg

2016 Fiat Punto Evo Multijet: 2 years, 34,200 kms and now sold-img-111.jpg

2016 Fiat Punto Evo Multijet: 2 years, 34,200 kms and now sold-img-117.jpg

2016 Fiat Punto Evo Multijet: 2 years, 34,200 kms and now sold-img-120.jpg

2016 Fiat Punto Evo Multijet: 2 years, 34,200 kms and now sold-img-113.jpg

2016 Fiat Punto Evo Multijet: 2 years, 34,200 kms and now sold-img-126.jpg

2016 Fiat Punto Evo Multijet: 2 years, 34,200 kms and now sold-img-132.jpg

2016 Fiat Punto Evo Multijet: 2 years, 34,200 kms and now sold-img-138.jpg

Because, every photography happens with a reason.

Last edited by sidindica : 1st January 2017 at 11:59.
sidindica is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 31st December 2016, 10:34   #5
Senior - BHPian

The cozy insides, which have a reason.

2016 Fiat Punto Evo Multijet: 2 years, 34,200 kms and now sold-img-141.jpg

Lets get inside, and study the theme.
Its airy, bright, and has an aura of coziness surrounding it. In fact, there is lot of math around.
Lets start with the instrument cluster. It has a hooded arc, with 2 circles built underneath. Like two souls, in love with each other, covered with an umbrella over them. Come down, and a simple leather clad cover surrounds the steering wheel to mask all that naked bits and pieces inside. Pretty cool, eh?
The "in your face" steering remains unchanged, covered in the cheapest quality "so called" leather possible, and is, always, lovely to hold with thumb contours just placed at the right sides. The circle vents on the right now feature air volume adjustment buttons, just and when you need an airy environment or you can even shut off the circulation when that "hoohohohoho" mood of chillness appears. The bottom right houses switches for "My car" settings, the headlamp levelling device for 3 levels of beam adjustment, and front and rear fogs for extra light during that foggy scary ghost night.
I like the fact that fit and finish has improved, but the Achilles heel of misaligned ignition console and horn pad gap remains...gotta get used to it. There is now a coin holder under the MID buttons, and as usual, the MID features comprehensive display which has instant FE, average FE, distance to empty, average speed, travel time, passenger airbag on/off switch, auto locking on/off, speed limit warning setting buzzer, units for speed, fuel consumption, settings for date, time etc. No, the radio display does not come because of the new HU. That said, the MID can be viewed in 9 different European languages, like a swagger mode on always.

2016 Fiat Punto Evo Multijet: 2 years, 34,200 kms and now sold-img-142.jpg

The whole dash is covered in a soft touch satin beige cloth like material which looks classy and lifts the ambience throughout. Atop, an arc shape spectacle case, which needs an index finger and a middle finger salute to open, pops out to store her glasses, the moon shaped integrated AC vents have the same feature of air volume control, and down under, the auto climate control takes pride of place with quirky soft click buttons. In fact, even the glovebox now gets an extra storage slot, which pops down with the flick of a rotary knob. Of course, the glovebox is now illuminated.
Now, during the night, the whole ambience is just like a room of lover's paradise. With warm orange lighting, right across the dash, and buttons across, completing the ambience. That's called, attention to detail of course.

2016 Fiat Punto Evo Multijet: 2 years, 34,200 kms and now sold-img-91.jpg

The front seats, feel more deep and cushy and soft compared to my previous car. Would have preferred better underthigh and lumbar support, but, they are now much much more comfortable. The H point at rearward is higher and the height adjustment range is more from what I have noticed. Legspace remains good, with a 5' 10" person easily be able to stretch his legs completely. I normally drive with front seats fully pushed back, so this helps. Not to be mistaken with the weird pedal placement which are so close to each other, or the high set dead pedal which is made for evil ankles. Plus, the placement of power window switches-too far ahead remains weird. They still think we are chimpanzees.

Somewhere, in the helm of marketing affairs, became friends with rear seat seekers and worked upon to provide an extra Air vent, placed in the middle, in addition to the foot level vents which were already standard, and improving the rear seat width and overall comfort and cushioning. Still, the overall contours feel flat and not deep enough, though, the H point has been redesigned for better thigh support. The seats split 60:40, so luggage carrying or shifting extra items shouldn't be an issue. But, legspace remains terrible at minimum levels. Any person sitting behind me will have to crouch his leg and bear the pain for the atrocities he has committed in the past, or take the area behind the co driver seat to avail any additional space. Thankfully, all 4 head restraints are adjustable, an important factor from safety point of view, and so does the rear seat metal back.

The load carrying area remains unchanged, and you need an acrobatic move to load luggage from the high set loading sill deep into the boot. Its wide and deep enough, but competitors do have bigger boots. 2 full size suitcases, or 2 strolleys and 2 bags, you can adjust accordingly.

The car has 2 half a litre bottle holders on front foor pockets, just designed like an afterthought. and a pop out bottleholder behind the rear AC vent, and a single one next to the gear lever. Airbag has deleted the second glovebox which my old car had, and an extra coke can holder has been stolen by Fiat in the facelift which my old car had ahead of the gear lever. Foolish fellas.

I do appreciate the fact that Fiat has upped the overall interior ambience WRT quality quotient and should no longer be a deal breaker. Though, at many lower half places, that outdated plastic texture and lack of upmarket grains does make its presence felt. Perhaps, did they realise, every feedback has a reason?

The "ICE" age.
From stone age to pakka modern age. What a revolution it has been. I am surprisingly surprised at FCA's bold step. My car is equipped with a factory fit touchscreen system from supplier DAICHI, and does away with a CD player (quite contrary to my previous car which only had a CD player). It has inbuilt navigation system from mapmyindia, USB port (does not play with mobile phones as USB support), aux-in jack, an additional SD card slot and bluetooth connectivity for mobile phones and also, bluetooth music streaming. The voice connect has been deleted and phone dialer is located on the touchscreen itself. The 5 inch touch is easy to operate, pretty lag free though in daytime, clarity could have been better. The system has basic bass and treble settings and individual speaker volume control instead of seperate fader/balance buttons. My car came with mopar branded "made in China" speakers-6.5" in front with tweeters, and 5" at rear. Surprisingly, the overall sound quality was much better than all the past Fiats, though the OE speakers do crackle at high volume. An average joe can surely live with, but, I had those rainbows, and got them installed without any fuss with STP damping at all 4 doors from driven. The output from stock system for these speakers is very good and I am happy overall with the way the overall setup now sounds. Amp and subwoofer? Maybe sometime later.
The navigation had two modes-the day mode and night mode which change colours automatically and it also has a dashboard which shows the vehicle speed and destination coordinates. Plus other functions like home guidance, traffic function, pumps etc all can be customised by going in the settings.

Lets express our warmth in these pictures below,

2016 Fiat Punto Evo Multijet: 2 years, 34,200 kms and now sold-img-87.jpg

2016 Fiat Punto Evo Multijet: 2 years, 34,200 kms and now sold-img-86.jpg

2016 Fiat Punto Evo Multijet: 2 years, 34,200 kms and now sold-img-89.jpg

Because, every inside story has a reason.

Last edited by sidindica : 1st January 2017 at 20:39.
sidindica is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 31st December 2016, 19:10   #6
Senior - BHPian

Its a heart worth showing off.

2016 Fiat Punto Evo Multijet: 2 years, 34,200 kms and now sold-img-73.jpg

When you drive the least popular car with the most popular heart, you are bound to be asked, does every reason skip a heartbeat?
Because, every heartbeat has a reason.
I liked the fact that since the first VGT Punto I drove in 2010 which was nothing to write home about, till the version I possess, there has been continuous but silent yet not so significant to communicate tweaking that Fiat has done to the ECU and the 3 decade old gearbox which powers this car.
For starters, the low end in stock form has improved a lot. The lag which plagued the 90HP VGT Multijet is no longer a deal breaker and turbo spooling has been made much more earlier. Though the peak torque of 209 nm is rated at 2000 rpm, 80% is available from 1700 rpm onwards. To play in stock form, gear 1 tops at 30, the gear 2 is made taller till 80 (indicative), and driveability on 3rd and 4th gear is much improved, thanks to the updated ECU map which many owners reported in the past year as being received silently by Fiat. The timing chain also sees a new design or perhaps, improved mechanism which the manufacturer now recommends to be replaced at every 90,000 kms, up from 60,000 kms earlier. I noticed that the motor also sounds more refined and less gravelly, though the age is surely felt. Truth be told, I was spoilt by the instant burst of power in my remapped red 90HP Punto that this car did lack that overall juice. I waited till 3000 kms and then decided
"It had to happen".
So, booked an appointment with GT Tunerz, Akshay Titus who did my previous car and he was well versed with what I wanted.
Four hours later, that wide grin after the TRANSFORMATION!!!!
Its not the claimed 115 bhp or 250 nm of torque on crank that impressed me, but its now, that the actual fun of VGT can be experianced. Power delivery was always linear, but the surge that was missing in stock car, returned just like I wanted and torque distribution was just seamless. I always admired the VW 1.5 of late just because of the motor's flexibility to usher in incredible amounts of torque at your disposal and that smile of similar level was restored after the remap.
The engine has become smoother, and climbing at low revs on 4th and 5th gear has become a breeze. In gear acceleration is very competent and the car just pulls effortlessly. Won't use the word brutal per se, that's reserved for the VW 1.5, but yes, almost close to it. So finally, the deserving chassis that always begged for more power and torque finally gets it. And post the oil change at 5000 kms, it goes even more smoother and engine has started to open up. Turbo now spools from 1500 rpm and the entire power band is now wide and torque curve seemed flat. The kick is not felt, but the high end distribution and mid range is a big breeze. 1st gear remains similar, lag is reduced in second, driveability in 3rd has been upped considerably, and low rpm response on both overdrive gears is seamless. All in all, a complete package.

2016 Fiat Punto Evo Multijet: 2 years, 34,200 kms and now sold-img-147.jpg

And when its driven more and more, then we begin to realise, "every drive has a reason".

Last edited by sidindica : 1st January 2017 at 20:15.
sidindica is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 31st December 2016, 19:29   #7
Senior - BHPian

With great power comes great responsibility.

2016 Fiat Punto Evo Multijet: 2 years, 34,200 kms and now sold-img-96.jpg

All the virtues of my old Grande Punto, like the superb suspension, ride and handling, braking and steering feedback continue to endear me in the Punto Evo. That ghastly wheelwell gap remains an eyesore, so does the absence of rear anti roll bar (present in Abarth), but the package overall remains competent. My earlier car used to ride stiff, and this continued to. I switched the tyres to Continental MC5, in same 195/55 R16, and that has made a great improvement to the overall dynamics of this car. Ride is more pliant, the tyres provide excellent grip and traction, and this aids handling also. The large wheelbase and 5M turning radius does remain its irritations, but I think high speed stability and cornering, this hatch remains unmatched. HPS remains its USP, and despite the obvious body roll, the car remains planted and stable at triple digit speeds. The car did became a handful on goodyears due to increased power, but MC5s have cured this to a large extent. I just wish that the car remains atleast 20mm lower than present spec, with stiffer dampers. Would prefer a car that handles over ride quality, and this will increase its dynamics quotient considerably.
FTD factor, of course, remains, and add to that, the connectivity of steering to the road, something that today's EPS systems still struggle to get it right. This is something that old school purists might too agree. I did notice that compared to avventura or urban cross, steering is a bit lighter and the rear tends to lose composure due to lack of anti roll bar.
The brakes remain top notch, and are strong points of the car. ABS is a boon, and just prevents wheel locking at the right time. The car comes to a dead stop without any fuss, though heat smell is present if hard braking is repeated. One thing to remember is the pads take abuse well and if abused heavily, won't last long. And priced the highest at Rs. 3,450 for the full set, aren't exactly cheap to replace either.
Safety, should not be a reason. And full marks to Fiat for providing the engineering depth which includes the ever present metal engine sump guard and solid engine and gearbox mounts.

2016 Fiat Punto Evo Multijet: 2 years, 34,200 kms and now sold-img-95.jpg

Because, every small functionality has a reason.

Last edited by sidindica : 1st January 2017 at 11:58.
sidindica is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 31st December 2016, 19:55   #8
Senior - BHPian

Owning the frosty-for a reason.

2016 Fiat Punto Evo Multijet: 2 years, 34,200 kms and now sold-img-79.jpg

Fiat, like all its previous offerings, follows the same service pattern, which is
-first free service at 5000 kms or 6 months, whichever is earlier
-second free service at 15,000 kms or 12 months whichever is earlier
-third and final free service at every 30,000 kms or 24 months whichever is earlier
-subsequent service at every 15,000 kms or 12 months whichever is earlier.

Quality of service here up north is not much of an issue, remains a hit or a miss, but building a rapport with GM or SA does the trick.
What remains is the network spread, which is terrible to say the least. the whole of Delhi NCR has only 4 workshops, with a 5th one coming up soon at west Delhi, supposedly to be opened by landmark automobiles. I got my first service done at 5000 kms (the car stands at 5300 kms now) from Kashyap, which included oil change, basic filters change, alignment and balancing et all. I plan to follow a 7500 kms oil change interval strictly and use only what the manufacturer recommends. Will comment on the product quality and warranty parameters as I rack in more kilometres. Fiat has claimed to improve the overall component quality, but will only reserve my comment once I check how long they last. Things like shocker mounts, brake pads etc don't last much long (going by my previous car's experience) but cost of parts and consumables itself is on par with the competition, except mentioned elsewhere-wipers and brake pads. That the turbo needs to be taken care of, else a replacement turbo VGT costing Rs. 52k isn't exactly cheap.
Because, owning a product is only one aspect, supporting with a proper backup is another.

2016 Fiat Punto Evo Multijet: 2 years, 34,200 kms and now sold-15585418_1405503366150611_9022208214412738414_o.jpg

At the end of a day, machines require care, for a reason.

Last edited by sidindica : 1st January 2017 at 11:58.
sidindica is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 31st December 2016, 20:17   #9
Senior - BHPian

The final story, narrated for a reason.

2016 Fiat Punto Evo Multijet: 2 years, 34,200 kms and now sold-img-65.jpg

It's a different world, this world of car clubs.
It's a different world, this wonderful world of car friends.
It's a different world, this world of following car culture.
It's a different world, this brotherhood of cargasm.
It's a different world, this talk of automobiles, that never endless talk, which bonds us, increases knowledge spread, leads to endless debates and discussions, drives, making new friends, and spreading the love for automobilia.
It's a different world, which is created for a reason. A reason, which cannot be described, be it any season, be it spring, summer, rain, fall or winter.
It's a different world, which fantasises dreams into realities, from the toy car, to a scale model, to the virtual reality, to the 3D configurator, to the actual object of desire we buy. 4 wheels, the never ending stuff of mechanical complexities, the sculpted body, those comfortable insides and the drive, everything in this world of automobiles, exists for a reason.
And that reason is cargasm.
Its addictive, exciting, exuberating, thrilling and to top it all, expressive. Feelings that, we, this small world that exists within the world's biggest democracy, can only comprehend.

2016 Fiat Punto Evo Multijet: 2 years, 34,200 kms and now sold-15731851_1424830740884540_1641787681442918502_o.jpg

It's we, that started it all. The human. Cars were created, and more choices were created. And people buy different automobiles, and for everyone, there exists a choice. Choice to learn, own, modify, build endless dreams and converting those dreams into realities, and living the dream.
That's what we call automobile culture.

And, the frosty reindeer, is proud to be a part of it. Its not just another motor car. Its created by a human being, for us, to enjoy moments and compile stories.
Because, we meet like minded people. Think of those moments, that we spend with them, be it those seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks, months, years and perhaps decades. Its a never ending story of passion and excitement. Perhaps, stories, that are expressed, are meant to be written, but after a point of time, these stories become a part of our everyday lives, because of our relationships that we build with our machines. Take good care of them, and you will be rewarded, in return, with that timeless look, time after time.

Yes, I can go on and on, but, perhaps, its time to take a break. Stories that will continue to remain forever, close to our hearts, buried deep in the lost memories of History books.

2016 Fiat Punto Evo Multijet: 2 years, 34,200 kms and now sold-img-68.jpg

Stories, by the people, of the people, for the people, for whom, the steering isn't just for holding, its for holding on.
Because, in this world, "everything happens for a reason".

--CURTAINS--

Last edited by sidindica : 1st January 2017 at 11:53.
sidindica is offline   (39) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2017, 09:49   #10
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the Initial Ownership Section. Thanks for sharing!
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2017, 10:27   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post

THE FROSTY REINDEER

Congrats sidindica on your latest acquisition.

You seem to have have really transformed this "Reindeer" into a "Racehorse" buddy

A real blue blood of a Fiatian you are to get the facelift of an exact same car, after having waited for a long time

Wish you a very happy motoring and many mile munching.

Drive Safe.

Quote:

Its only then you realise
"Everything happens for a reason."
Why do I have a very funny feeling that you decided to swap your Punto with Punto Evo while watching the Akshay Kumar starrer Ajnabee!!
Vik0728 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2017, 11:08   #12
Senior - BHPian

I was under the impression that I am the only one in TBHP who has exchanged a Punto for another Punto.** I achieved this remarkable feat (of stupidity, of romanticism) in JAN 2014 when I exchanged my Punto EP for a 90HP Sport.

- buying a Fiat product in these days is a decision that...
- the rate of depreciation of Punto/Linea is almost twice of that of....
- the resale value of a Fiat car after 5 years is .....

The Steve Jobs sitting on your left shoulder will laugh at you. The Dennis Ritchie sitting on your right shoulder will smile at you. Cheers!!!

** I am almost certainly sure that I am not the only one. Because it's Team-BHP.

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 2nd January 2017 at 11:15.
sandeepmdas is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2017, 11:18   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats!!

1.3 Multijet with VGT responds very well to remap and gets completely transformed. My remapped SX4 diesel is almost 3 seconds quicker to 100 compared to stock map .
Dr.Naren is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2017, 12:45   #14
BHPian

Congrats for your new acquisition. A well written narrative full of one-liners. I think Fiat India is chugging along because of enthusiasts like you only. Hope you have a trouble free and pleasant ownership experience.
PraNeel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2017, 13:51   #15
BHPian

Sir, take a bow.

Much more impressive than the re-mapping is the way you described what it feels like to experience a FIAT. This is something that the Brezzites or Etios Crossites cannot experience.

Like Darth Vader said, "The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant compared to the power of The Force."
nehaagg is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed