Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2017, 09:46   #16
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Tucson 2.0L CRDi GLS - Thunder Black Boom Shankar

Dear ach1lles
Congratulations on your Tucson. Wish you clock many more miles without any issues. Tucson is indeed one of the great vehicle from Hyundai.

As you have mentioned about single horn beep in lock-unlock. If you use request sensor instead of remote then i the horn will not honk i think so because elite i20 has the same as i mentioned.
N4Nikunj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2017, 12:40   #17
BHPian

Congratulations on the car and it looks excellent in black !
We wanted to get the Tucson too but were put off by the price and went with Creta instead.

Not taking pricing into account this is much better than it in all respects , i especially love the way it looks and like you i'm glad they used a bigger diesel engine in it (would have lost faith in Hyundai otherwise) , and it somewhat justifies the premium.
Reliability won't be a concern and the cost of ownership should be reasonable too , and although i have'nt owned a Europian car in the past but i certainly would'nt like it to go to the service center frequently and those high costs of ownership are'nt very encouraging either.

As far as Apple car play is concerned i would have loved to have it in my car but still using USB over bluetooth in its current state (i'm also using iphone) gives slightly better sound quality , access to my playlists from the music system , proper cover art along with songs.
Theoretically it is very much possible for all these things to be done wirelessly (using WiFi instead of bluetooth) and maybe even car play too but these things progress at a very leisurely pace and your best bet would be using USB for now (for the best possible quality and experience).

Last edited by Rocketscience : 15th February 2017 at 12:41.
Rocketscience is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2017, 13:02   #18
BHPian

Hey there ach1lles, heartiest congratulations on your Tucson.

I'm so glad to read your ownership report, as I've been eagerly waiting for the TeamBHP review of this baby (please make it happen soon TeamBHP, I'm sure many of us are waiting for this!).

Choosing the CRDI over the petrol was a great choice, since the petrol motor is seriously under-powered for such a heavy car.

Wish you a million miles of joyful & safe motoring. Cheers!
Nair.V8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2017, 13:24   #19
BHPian

Congratulations ach1lles on your first car!!

You must be chuffed to bits with a car like the Tucson. And it looks awesome in BLACK. Wow.

Agree with you about the interiors being a bit bland when compared to the exterior but that's only because the exterior looks sexy to say the least. I had my eye on this car and checked it out the week it was launched. Didn't get to drive it cause they didn't have a test drive car at that time. The wife was not too impressed though and as we were buying it for her, decided to wait for the VW Tiguan before taking a call.

Wish you all the best with this beauty. Drive safe.
sunny310c is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2017, 13:41   #20
BHPian

Congratulations ach1lles on your new car. And what a car it is!!!
Great attention to detail and a superb writing style. Loved your post.
Can you please elaborate on the 3M treatments you got for your car?
risham is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2017, 14:03   #21
BHPian

Great review @ach1lles loved every bit reading it, actually it felt like I'm reading a love story and not a review. You passion and love shows in your words Many Congratulations to you and to Team-BHP... Drive safe \o/
streetfighter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2017, 14:17   #22
BHPian

Hearty congratulations ach1lles. Your car looks fabulous and your writing, even more so. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. I wish you many miles of merry motoring.

I saw the Tucson for the first time in an apple orchard in Hamburg in September 2016, when every branch of every tree was heavily laden with fruit. I was with a local friend and it was love at first sight for him. He was looking for a new car and all of our colleagues knew that. When we got back to work, he told everyone that he fell in love with a Hyundai. He was thoroughly ragged for falling in love with a CAR in such a romantic setting; and that too a Korean car.
This is quite an achievement for Hyundai design in my opinion. All the Germans I know (and I know quite a few of them) only like German or European cars.
He bought it in October and he is the only German I know who owns a non European car.

Last edited by Enobarbus : 15th February 2017 at 14:18. Reason: Improved format
Enobarbus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2017, 17:14   #23
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the purchase! The ride looks sinister in this shade of Black.
I presume this is the first ownership review of the Tucson! So, a hearty thank you for that!

I have to mention here that the Tucson is rated so high here in Ireland, that it is the best selling 4-wheeler in Ireland at the moment.
Of course, the prices here start at 28000 Euro only, for a fine 1.7 diesel.
But, The 2.0 comes only with 4wd, starting from Euro 38000 (still cheaper than India).
abhishek46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2017, 17:16   #24
Senior - BHPian

Re: Quirks

Congratulations on the car. Superbly detailed review!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ach1lles View Post
Can't switch the display of the AVN off completely: At best you can go to this clock. Though it appears black-ish here, it's a well lit dark blue. Sometimes I wish to switch it off completely. Can't.
Doesn't the DISP button do precisely this?
McLaren Rulez is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2017, 18:52   #25
BHPian

Congratulations on purchase of new car. Wishing you a lot of safe miles in years to come. It is actually a great car. I did want to TD the car prior booking my fortuner but Hyundai dealers here in Delhi were not interested. Everytime I requested a TD it was denied due to non availability. Even I do feel it's bit too expensive.
behaln is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2017, 22:49   #26
BHPian

Re: Quirks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the Initial Ownership Section. Thanks for sharing!
Thanks for the quick turn around and editing, Aditya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
Still I'd say this presents terrific value for money
You're actually not alone who've said this to me. After taking a drive around, and post the initial price shock (30L for a Hyundai, Fortuner/GLA/Q3 etc. kyun nahi le lii yaar?!!), quite a few friends have actually said that they feel the car is more than worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by N4Nikunj View Post
If you use request sensor instead of remote then i the horn will not honk i think so because elite i20 has the same as i mentioned.
Nah, I hardly ever use the key to (un)lock the vehicle. The beep comes on no matter how or when you unlock the car. However, the lock beep is silent when the tail gate is open. Needless to say, I try to lock the car mostly when the tail gate is open to avoid this extremely irritating and senseless beep, which quite frankly, if they absolutely had to put it in, should've been an option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketscience View Post
Theoretically it is very much possible for all these things to be done wirelessly
The new 5 series will be the first car out to support wireless CarPlay. I don't know why Apple even launched CarPlay with wired only mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketscience View Post
your best bet would be using USB for now (for the best possible quality and experience).
USB is CarPlay only. Anyway, I don't think there's any perceptible loss to audio quality over bluetooth. CarPlay (USB) is too incomplete an experience for now, as I've mentioned in the review.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nair.V8 View Post
I'm so glad to read your ownership report, as I've been eagerly waiting for the TeamBHP review of this baby (please make it happen soon TeamBHP, I'm sure many of us are waiting for this!).
I'm glad that you found it useful. I'm waiting for the official review too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny310c View Post
Didn't get to drive it cause they didn't have a test drive car at that time.
Actually, the test drive cars weren't provided, atleast close to launch. These were just demo cars. The dealership allowed me to take the car on a TD because I'd been in touch with the SA for a few months about the Tucson. The demo car we took out for the drive had no registration or insurance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by risham View Post
Can you please elaborate on the 3M treatments you got for your car?
Powershine Exterior treatment. It's basically claying, washing, polishing and waxing. The car was full of swirl marks when I received it from the dealership. I could find none after 3M treatment. 3M guys told me that the protection from this treatment should last for about 6 months. It doesn't. Even though only microfibre and the Jopasu duster have been used for this car, I can see a lot of swirl marks making their way back. Surface hydrophobia, which to me was their biggest selling point, has disappeared too. I'll take the car back to 3M soon to see what's up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetfighter View Post
Great review @ach1lles loved every bit reading it, actually it felt like I'm reading a love story and not a review.
Haha, was it that obvious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enobarbus View Post
I saw the Tucson for the first time in an apple orchard in Hamburg in September 2016, when every branch of every tree was heavily laden with fruit.
Man that is some setting. Have you shared pictures of that anywhere? Would love to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enobarbus View Post
I was with a local friend and it was love at first sight for him. He was looking for a new car and all of our colleagues knew that. When we got back to work, he told everyone that he fell in love with a Hyundai. He was thoroughly ragged for falling in love with a CAR in such a romantic setting; and that too a Korean car.
This is quite an achievement for Hyundai design in my opinion. All the Germans I know (and I know quite a few of them) only like German or European cars.
He bought it in October and he is the only German I know who owns a non European car.
Hahaha. That's praise Hyundai would probably love to hear. Funnily, quite a few people, after taking a glance at the new car have asked me if this was an Audi.

I don't know how, maybe it was in "suggested" or "trending" videos or something but I wound up watching live the worldwide launch of the Tucson in 2015 on YouTube. They mentioned something about this car carrying next decade of Hyundai design philosophy or something. I remember that moment when they first unveiled the car. I was floored even then. I wasn't even thinking of buying a new car at the time, and I never thought I'd actually get one someday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post
But, The 2.0 comes only with 4wd, starting from Euro 38000 (still cheaper than India).
Honestly, if you factor in volumes, economies of scale, our taxes etc., and considering Euro 38000 comes to INR 266000, that's not bad. That Hyundai ends up making more per sale on the Tucson in US and Europe than in India is not too far fetched a thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Doesn't the DISP button do precisely this?
You'd think, wouldn't you? I did too. DISP brings up the digital representation of an analog clock :snicker:
The default view is a split screen guidance and media view. I thought maybe long pressing the button would shut off the display, it doesn't.

Last edited by ach1lles : 15th February 2017 at 23:02.
ach1lles is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th February 2017, 11:02   #27
BHPian

Dear ach1lles,
Then i think it is vehicle specific because in Elite i20 it is like that and i think you will have to live with that.
N4Nikunj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2017, 11:10   #28
BHPian

I'm happy with your purchase. I'm also more happy about how you have moved on from a personal situation and yet retained the love and passion for driving. Somehow, that connected with me at a personal level.

Best wishes.
Khushrav is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2017, 11:46   #29
BHPian

Re: In Sickness, and in Health

Congrats on the car and the awesome review. I keep using my friend's car every time i meet him and i absolutely love it .

I did not check the Carplay in his car as both of us do not have an iPhone but Android auto works surprisingly well and absolutely no lag.There are lot of aftermarket plug and play accessories available for the Tucson and i did help my friend get a few, sending you a PM now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ach1lles
Extremely annoying single horn beep while locking and unlocking
Open the bonnet and there is a dedicated horn in the LHS of the engine bay just for that beep, remove the plug connected to it. When my friend complained about the annoying beep i did the same. I am planning to add a resistor this weekend to reduce the beep sound in his Tucson.

Last edited by mjumrani : 16th February 2017 at 11:56. Reason: Fixed Typo.
mjumrani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2017, 15:33   #30
BHPian

Congratulations for you new car.

Paint finish seems to be too good in black after 3M protection.
roby_dk is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks