Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2018, 15:55   #16
BHPian

Re: The story of Black Bandit - My Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi Trend (Now Wolf'd)

Congratulations brother on your ford figo. Black on the figo really stands apart from other boring colours. Still remember the days when me and my friends having a blast in this diesel rocket and we always pick figo diesel from drivezy for any trips with friends. And the best part is, we used to fight each other for the driver seat.
harish619 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2018, 16:05   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Congratulations and nice to see that this car has a small fan following going.....
I will write a new thread regarding the remap and the experience soon. To begin with the car has transformed a lot. The engine is lot more smooth and eager to pull and the acceleration is amazing. The low end has improved to a huge extent and i get absolutely no lag unless i fall below 1100-1200 rpm. Overtaking and closing in gaps is quite effortless.

Regarding the brakes, they feel quite sharp and adequate even without ABS. But the car sure calls for an up-size cause there's almost 0 traction when flooring the throttle in 1st and sometimes in 2nd as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
Your 800 is immaculate. My uncle in Puttur picked up a new one, from the last lot that was manufactured in 2014. That 3 pot engine is almost 4 decades old in design but I bet it has refinement levels that surpass even a modern day diesel like the one found in your Ford. When you are out cruising at 80-90kmph, you cannot feel or hear a thing from that Suzuki motor.
Thank you. Not exactly new its already been almost year and half now just the writeup was delayed for a long time.

But yeah totally agree with the 800. The car was just amazing and it felt connected in all aspects though the new ones came with an ECU but it was like the most bare ECU in my opinion with nothing more than basic fueling. unlike the current ones which feel quite disconnected. And I've had a lot of memories with that car as well. Have climbed hills and gone off-road without issues in that car. And at the price it came we don't get bikes at that range these days
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Nicely written ownership review .

You have got one fast hatch man! I struggled keeping up with your Wolf tuned Figo even at unmentionable speeds in my Wolfed SX4 yesterday. Next time we will compare with my S-Cross 1.6 .

Also get better rubber soon, I had tough time doing 0-100 of your car. There was lot of wheel spin, even in 2nd gear!
Waiting to test it along with the S-Cross soon. But guess the tyres will not be in my favour unless i get them upsized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiragM View Post
A well-written ownership review. You have covered every single point there. Good pictures as well. ...
Thank you !! remap thread coming soon. Will post my observations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harish619 View Post
Congratulations brother on your ford figo. Black on the figo really stands apart from other boring colours....
Totally agree. Black was in my preference list since the beginning. But it being a daily drive, maintaining it is quite difficult. Keeping it neat seems quite a tough task. Even one small drive around after a good 2 hour wash is sure to make it look dusty and dirty. And to add I house 5 cats and the car seems to be their choice of playground lately and its been gathering a lot of scratches.

Last edited by blackbandit : 2nd July 2018 at 16:15.
blackbandit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2018, 16:32   #18
BHPian

Congrats on your purchase Pritvi, the new figo is a real beauty and surely a good value for money purchase.

I had almost purchased a silver figo sports, but had to switch to a bigger car (duster) since everyone felt that the car was not a match with my build. I still do count all the sports edition figo on roads
psmenon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2018, 16:43   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbandit View Post
Waiting to test it along with the S-Cross soon. But guess the tyres will not be in my favour unless i get them upsized.
Haha, there is no point doing a comparison from standstill without changing your tyres. I would have hit 100 in my S-Cross and you would be still spinning your wheels in 2nd gear . We can do few pulls in 3rd gear .
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2018, 14:15   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Regarding the brakes, they feel quite sharp and adequate even without ABS. But the car sure calls for an up-size cause there's almost 0 traction when flooring the throttle in 1st and sometimes in 2nd as well.
The ABS comes into picture during panic braking and is always a good safety feature to have.

Not just up-sizing the tyres, go for a good performance oriented tyre since the 195/55 15 tyres on my car can still spin its front wheels when doing a standing start.
tharian is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2018, 14:41   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Breaking down the experience

First driven on
17th December 2016

Experience rating on the odo
18,0000kms

Congratulations Blackbandit on your possession. Ford Figo is one of the sorted vehicle in its segment.

@Mods: Hope I am not wrong here the the Odo readings has to be 18k unless Blackbandit is doing some serious runs.
roby_dk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2018, 15:01   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
Congratulations Blackbandit on your possession. Ford Figo is one of the sorted vehicle in its segment.

@Mods: Hope I am not wrong here the the Odo readings has to be 18k unless Blackbandit is doing some serious runs.
Thank you !! And yes it is 18k thanks for noticing got it corrected.
blackbandit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2019, 13:46   #23
BHPian

Quote:
I will write a new thread regarding the remap and the experience soon. Thank you !! remap thread coming soon. Will post my observations.
Been following this thread and awaited for the Wolf-d Figo update to be shared. No post since a year. How is the car doing? What are the new updates? We are all looking forward to reading your post about it.
Old 18th January 2021, 18:07   #24
BHPian

Blackbandit 2.0 - My Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi Trend now Reborn

Blackbandit 2.0
Its been 4 years since I got the car home and touch wood I've never had any major issues so far. No major repairs and I've covered close to 57K kilometres. Would have covered 10K kilometers more if it hadn't been for the lockdown. Ive also moved to Bangalore two years back and most of my travel is in Bangalore traffic and I used to do regular runs to Mysore and Mangalore as well. Now considering that my car was looking the same ever since I bought it and I was no longer looking back at my car after parking it I decided that it was time for an upgrade. Took Few test drives and then I was blown by the all new Skoda Rapid 1.0 TSI. I decided that this had to be the upgrade that I was looking for. But around the same time my friend bought a well kept used Skoda rapid and after getting hands on experience with the Skoda service (which was ofcourse pathetic) for the first time in Bangalore I decided that a Skoda would not arrive at my stable anytime soon. And this was when I realised the good trouble free experiences that this car had given me all these years and Therefore I decided that instead of upgrading into a new car I would rather upgrade few elements in the current car and then hopefully I would start looking back after parking it.

And How did It all go ?

I will let you people be the judge...

Presenting Blackbandit 2.0

The story of Black Bandit - My Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi Trend (Now Wolf'd)-img_0304.jpg

And Yes I do look back now every time after parking the car

Upgardes Performed
  • FE Retrofit G5 BRT Projector Headlamps
  • Momo Massimo 16 inch Alloy Wheels

FE Retrofit G5 BRT Projector Headlamps

This was done at The Automotive Lighting Experts, Bangalore. After getting recommendations of multiple vendors and reliability of after market headlamps being a primary concern narrowed down with Lighting Experts owing to the positive reviews and quality of service. Called them up and Anton of lighting experts suggested me to go with G5 BRT setup by Fe Retrofit. Decided to go ahead with the setup and took the car to his studio on a Friday and Anton was patient enough to explain me the process of installation and assured me that I would be getting a good performant headlamp upgrade and he asked me to collect the car the next day. Came back on Saturday and I was totally disappointed to see that the headlamps were not smoked. When I enquired about the same Sam, who was handling the install told me that they do smoking of the lamps only on customer request owing to previous problems they had with customers not liking them doing it by default. I called up Anton and he told me not to worry and considering it was a Saturday and late in the evening he asked me to take delivery of the car and get it back on some other day. Me being restless and not being completely satisfied I took the car back on Monday to get it smoked and Anton and his team accommodated for the same despite me not taking prior appointment. They retuned the vehicle same day in the evening and the car looked absolutely stunning. More than the looks I was blown by the performance of the HIDs on the highway. It lights up the entire road and never have I felt the need for more lighting in my recent drive to Mangalore from Bangalore. I will let the pictures do the talking

The story of Black Bandit - My Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi Trend (Now Wolf'd)-img_5953.jpeg

The throw is just amazing lights up the entire road and spreads out wide enough to cover the entire two lane highway in high beam. In low beam there is a nice sharp purple cutoff and the lights are well aligned to ensure it doesn't blind the oncoming drivers

More Pictures...

The story of Black Bandit - My Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi Trend (Now Wolf'd)-img_0269.jpg

The story of Black Bandit - My Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi Trend (Now Wolf'd)-img_0271.jpg

The story of Black Bandit - My Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi Trend (Now Wolf'd)-img_0272.jpg

Though the overall cost of installation is on the higher side I am totally satisfied with the setup. Anton and Sam of Lighting Experts were cooperative in accommodating all my requests and their team has done an amazing job.

Momo Massimo 16 inch Alloy Wheels

Well this was where I went bonkers. in the first week of December I Contacted Parth of Car Decor, Mangalore to source the momo Massimo wheels in 16 inch avatar. Parth Being a mutual friend of mine told me that he will be getting the wheels in two to three weeks to which I agreed. The wheels arrived first week of Jan and I got it installed on the 13th of Jan, Wednesday. I had a tough time finding the right sized tyres for these wheels. I was out looking for 205/45/R16 but dint find suitable good tyres for the same. Part suggested me to go with 205/50/R16 considering that 45 would be too much of a low profile and would result in unbearable ride quality in Indian Roads. Despite having a diameter variance I decided to go with it and started searching for good tyres in this size and yet did not find any satisfactory tyres. Parth explained to me that owing to current situations the supply of tyres is low and its hard to procure the required sizes. He had given me two options i.e Yokohama Earth 1 and Momo Outrun m3. I called up Madhus and they also gave me just the Yokohama Earth 1 as an option for the given size. Finally taking suggestions from Bhpian Naren I decided to go with Yokohama Earth 1 in 205/50/r16. Got a good rate for the alloys and tyres and even received a good buyback for the existing continental cc5 tyres that I had in stock size.

The story of Black Bandit - My Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi Trend (Now Wolf'd)-img_20210113_111839.jpg

The story of Black Bandit - My Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi Trend (Now Wolf'd)-img_20210113_114429.jpg

The story of Black Bandit - My Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi Trend (Now Wolf'd)-img_20210113_114501.jpg

The story of Black Bandit - My Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi Trend (Now Wolf'd)-img_20210113_122104.jpg

Few more shots from a recent Photoshoot that I did

The story of Black Bandit - My Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi Trend (Now Wolf'd)-img_0278.jpg

The story of Black Bandit - My Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi Trend (Now Wolf'd)-img_0295.jpg

The story of Black Bandit - My Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi Trend (Now Wolf'd)-img_0265.jpg

The story of Black Bandit - My Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi Trend (Now Wolf'd)-4d_1.6.1.jpg

Few Shots with my Friend's Skoda Rapid

The story of Black Bandit - My Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi Trend (Now Wolf'd)-img_0338.jpg

The story of Black Bandit - My Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi Trend (Now Wolf'd)-img_0359.jpg

Last edited by blackbandit : 18th January 2021 at 18:11.
blackbandit is offline   (59) Thanks
Old 28th January 2021, 09:02   #25
BHPian

Those momo wheels and projectors have done such a good job of transforming your car from a plain Jane figo to a gangster car. Really good job sir!
aarnav_b is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2021, 10:41   #26
BANNED

Re: Blackbandit 2.0 - My Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi Trend now Reborn

Quote:

Presenting Blackbandit 2.0
Great mods, alloy wheels look great on the car, looks smashing, although the projector set up with DRL is not going good with me (personal opinion, just discard as you should be loving the set up). Somehow it feels like a bike headlight. You have maintained your car pretty well. One suggestion though, work on that right front door.

I am a sucker for black cars. I know the pain associated with maintaining a black car, as I own a black 4th gen Honda city for last 6.5 years. Regarding the Rapid TSI, I can very well agree on the fact that it has some magic, it is a heart magnet. I fell for it last month and bought a white Rapid Monte Carlo.
pavi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2021, 10:50   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Blackbandit 2.0

Attachment 2110141
Sweet alloys If there is one thing which instantly ups the oomph quotient of a car, it is well chosen alloys.

I remember back in 2011 when I bought by Swift, even before delivery my Lenso Samurai alloys had arrived at my house. The morning after delivery, I was at Madhus at 9am sharp to get the alloys installed and tires upgraded. Just took the aesthetics of the car to another level!

Your black Figo looks immaculate with the Momos. Enjoy the TDCI, and definitely a sensible choice not to move to the Skoda and to instead enjoy the Figo for sometime more. Nice lighting upgrade as well.
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2021, 11:21   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
More than the looks I was blown by the performance of the HIDs on the highway. It lights up the entire road and never have I felt the need for more lighting in my recent drive to Mangalore from Bangalore.
Your car looks stunning with the wheel and tyre upgrades

Any idea how would HID's fare on a rainy night? I'm keen to know that. Please share the experience when you get to drive on such a day.
Bibendum90949 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2021, 16:23   #29
BHPian

Black cars are always special, as an ex-owner of a blacked out Duster I can understand how it feels to own such beauties. It's a pain to maintain though.

Great job on alloys and the projectors, should keep you happy for another 1-2 years? Why didn’t you look at remapping the car? It would have been like driving a different car all together.
turbowhistle is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2021, 17:50   #30
BHPian

Now that's one simple yet terrific update for an amazing car.

Do compile more details of the current status of your car, with interior pictures included.

Got any more update plans? and if you don't mind do add the price break up so that others can take inspiration from It before calling for an update.
kamilharis is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks