Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2019, 20:13   #31
BHPian

Re: Review: Toyota Innova Crysta 2.7L Petrol AT

How would the petrol crysta owners consider this car from a highway cruising perspective and also off roading (hilly area, inclines, etc). If anyone is having the petrol AT after some services what is the FE coming to in city vs highways.
haisaikat is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2019, 11:35   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haisaikat View Post
How would the petrol crysta owners consider this car from a highway cruising perspective and also off roading (hilly area, inclines, etc). If anyone is having the petrol AT after some services what is the FE coming to in city vs highways.
Hi Saikat,

I have driven the car for about 2700 kms including 3 highway trips.The car is an excellent cruiser.You can confidently drive it at 100 plus speeds all day and 300-400 kms or more without any tiredness.The seats are well contoured and supportive and body roll is contained.There is a power mode if your want a fast overtake past irritating vehicles,otherwise eco mode is enough.
I havent done hill driving but can say it would easily climb.Also, rough and broken roads are handled effortlessly but the crysta is not an off roader strictly, more so the Petrol Automatic due to its low initial torque.

Im got a mileage of 10.6 for a 700 kms 30 pc city and 70 pc highway trip with 6 passengers and luggage and AC on for most of time.I would like to mention that I drive with a light foot mostly unless irritated
caraholic is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th September 2019, 17:21   #33
BHPian

Thanks caraholic. Since there were no petrol TD available in entire Kolkata with any dealers I went in for Diesel automatic GX variant. While the power is monstrous (consider I drive a NA petrol hatch earlier) the only thing I have to ensure is I do not keep the car idle for long. One more reason to get out on the roads I guess.
haisaikat is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 17th September 2019, 14:42   #34
BHPian

Planning to buy a Crysta Petrol MT here in NCR. Since Crysta petrol sales volume have been very low just wanted to know how readily service spares are available for 2.7 petrol at Toyota service centres. Also how much FE should one expect on a light foot with 4 adults onboard, and what will be annual routine maintenance bills.

Last edited by hydraulicsteer : 17th September 2019 at 14:43.
hydraulicsteer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2019, 09:48   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydraulicsteer View Post
Planning to buy a Crysta Petrol MT here in NCR. Since Crysta petrol sales volume have been very low just wanted to know how readily service spares are available for 2.7 petrol at Toyota service centres. Also how much FE should one expect on a light foot with 4 adults onboard, and what will be annual routine maintenance bills.
Hi,
I have a AT petrol which I have driven for about 3800 kms now.In the city expect 8-11kmpl with a light foot with ac on 90 pc.On highways with occasional spirited driving I get 12-13 kmpl.I recommend, go for AT as it has six gears and thus gives better mileage than the manual, plus Innova clutch has long travel and is cumbersome(I tried the diesel manual one)and the gear lever still dances like the old innova. Hasn't required any repairs nor there are any issues so far(touchwood).Second service is due next month.Also, petrol ones need service every 10k kms unlike 5k kms in Diesels so less botheration and expense.

Last edited by caraholic : 22nd September 2019 at 09:52.
caraholic is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2019, 09:30   #36
BHPian

^ Thats very surprising mileage figures.. I didn't have the same experience when I TD it on launch. It wasn't even able to touch 8Kmpl on a rather free route...

What's your usual route in the City & teh Average Speed, if your MID shows it..
Old 23rd September 2019, 09:46   #37
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by caraholic View Post
In the city expect 8-11kmpl with a light foot with ac on 90 pc.On highways with occasional spirited driving I get 12-13 kmpl.I recommend, go for AT
I also get about similar figures, though on highways little less more like 10-12 depending on the rush.

BTW, I might sell my sparingly used 2017 August white pearl, done around 7000 km. Will post at classified soon. Not able to use as my mother moved overseas.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2019, 17:36   #38
BHPian

I got 12.4 kmpl recently on a 440 kms Delhi-Ambala-Delhi with 5 on board, 3suitcases and AC on all the time.There was thick smog while coming back and thus slow traffic for 80 kms streach while returning back to Delhi otherwise it would have been 13+ I suppose.
One thing that I have noticed is that if you do spirited driving in a big diesel, the drop in mileage would be 2-3 kmpl but in a big bore petrol, it would be 40-50 pc down, I drove sedately for most of this trip with power mode on 4-5 times for a maximum of 30-40 kms, the car being on eco mode at other times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post
^ Thats very surprising mileage figures.. I didn't have the same experience when I TD it on launch. It wasn't even able to touch 8Kmpl on a rather free route...

What's your usual route in the City & teh Average Speed, if your MID shows it..

Last edited by caraholic : 5th November 2019 at 17:45.
caraholic is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th November 2019, 09:33   #39
BANNED

Recently I drove a Crysta petrol for a really long distance and the FE figures have been acceptable for a 2.7l petrol powered MPV.

Light footed drive:
City: 8-9 kpl
Highways: 13-13.5 kpl

Moderate foot:
City: 7-8 kpl
Highways: 10 kpl

Heavy footed drive I did for around 130 kms on highway and the FE was disappointing, it came around 8.3 kpl for tankful measurement
VKumar is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 8th January 2020, 14:28   #40
BHPian

Hello VKumar -- fantastic ownership thread!

I have been following your ownership thread and frankly it is one of the reasons I am seriously considering Crysta (petrol) as a replacement for my Duster (diesel). Though, I do have a question on the servicing costs for the petrol Crysta! Any inputs on periodic maintenance costs will be great. I am planning to switch to a petrol car (for various reasons) with an average monthly usage of 1500 KM and would like to consider running costs before making up my mind.

For context, it costs 12000 - 14000 to service the diesel Duster every 10,000 Kms at the ASS.

Fingers crossed! I am hoping your inputs on the running costs will help me feel a little bit better about making this decision to move towards petrol.
Old 8th January 2020, 14:44   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masda View Post
an average monthly usage of 1500 KM
With an average monthly usage of 1500kms, a Innova Diesel makes sense. Are there any specific reasons to avoid the Diesel?
Old 8th January 2020, 15:41   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya_Bhp View Post
Are there any specific reasons to avoid the Diesel?
  • Higher up-front cost of a diesel
  • Cheaper maintenance (as compared to a Diesel)
  • Recently relocated to Bengaluru*

*the traffic is crazy and really sucks the joy out of driving; hence since the last couple of months I have been rarely driving to work. Also the public transport -- BMTC Volvo buses are quite efficient. So I do see my average driving come down further. Practical monthly driving might be around the 1000 Km mark. Hence the consideration for petrol.

Besides, with the demonizing of diesels I do fear other states may eventually adopt the NCR model of no more than 10 year old diesels.
Old 10th July 2020, 09:32   #43
BANNED

Toyota Innova CNG petrol 2.7 G variant spied testing ahead of launch

Expected to be launched by third quarter of 2020.

Review: Toyota Innova Crysta 2.7L Petrol AT-toyotainnovacrystapetrolcngspied1068x801.jpg
wheelguy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2020, 06:15   #44
BHPian

Hi Everyone,
I got a call from a Mgf toyota(my regular one being Galaxy toyota) that we are recalling a certain batch of petrol Innovas to check and replace fuel pump( fully or partially,not sure)as some vehicles have had issues with the same, leading to engine damage.
Has anyone else got a similar call and what is your experience.
Old 30th September 2020, 00:13   #45
BHPian

Any comparison between the BS6 versions of both. I know the diesel BS6 is now 2.4 l instead of 2.8 and 20 ps less. Not sure if the power of the petrol one has reduced too.

Dealer is actively discouraging buying a petrol variant citing low mileage, lower resale value and long (60 days) waiting period.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks