Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2021, 16:35   #76
BHPian

Re: Review: Toyota Innova Crysta 2.7L Petrol AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhishek_Garg View Post
If BS6 hexa was available, i would have myself got new one.
That's good to know. Thanks for the feedback. I am still searching around for a 2019/2020 model and secretly hoping that they would release the hexa in the latter half of the year. But so far, based on the pricing of the safari, I doubt if they would release the Hexa in a similar price range.
Old 25th March 2021, 19:23   #77
BHPian

Hello everyone.Hope you guys and families are doing fine wrt.Corona.

I'm an ex-owner of Crysta Z AT diesel. Sold it and my current drive is a Nexon whose steering is butter smooth. Crysta diesel steering for me was a royal pain.What is the case of the petrol Crysta? If the steering is a lot better to handle,I may look at it as my next buy.

Last edited by Ram78 : 25th March 2021 at 19:24.
Old 30th March 2021, 10:26   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverknight View Post
I had made conscious decision in December that I won’t wait for Tata’s 7 seater or XUV500 because my last two cars were bought when they were launched. And this time I wanted to have something proven and reliable hence Innova.
Hopefully will get my Petrol AT ZX by 15th March and the test drive will be on my own car
Hi @Silvernight,

Did you get the car delivered? If yes, how long did it take from booking date to delivery? I booked my GX AT on Jan 28th and was told of a waiting period of 50-60 days, but I don't see any ETA from the dealer yet. They are saying that Toyota is shutdown from Apr 1 to 10th and other reasons to justify the delay.

Question for folks from Bangalore who have bought from Ravindu Toyota: how's the buying experience been? I've booked with them but wondering about the delays.

Thanks
Vishnu
vraned is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2021, 15:25   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vraned View Post
Hi @Silvernight,

Did you get the car delivered? If yes, how long did it take from booking date to delivery? I booked my GX AT on Jan 28th and was told of a waiting period of 50-60 days, but I don't see any ETA from the dealer yet. They are saying that Toyota is shutdown from Apr 1 to 10th and other reasons to justify the delay.

Question for folks from Bangalore who have bought from Ravindu Toyota: how's the buying experience been? I've booked with them but wondering about the delays.

Thanks
Vishnu
So after waiting for 90 days second week of March they said will have to wait till June. So I canceled my booking since I don’t need a new car immediately.
Old 1st April 2021, 17:58   #80
BHPian

Quote:
So after waiting for 90 days second week of March they said will have to wait till June. So I canceled my booking since I don’t need a new car immediately.
Oops....that's a bummer! Did they quote any reason that sounded valid? I did hear that there is a shutdown in the Bidadi factory from Apr 1 to 10, but not sure how true it is.
Old 6th April 2021, 15:26   #81
BHPian

My Test drive experience shared here:
Background: I currently drive 2017 Sept Hexa XT Manual.

Pros for Crysta:
1. The car from inside feels a bit narrower than hexa, which is good. It was easy to manoeuvre on the roads.
2. Auto gearbox was also felt great compared to my manual Hexa.
3. Turning radius same as Hexa.
4. Performance - car has a lower weight compared to Hexa and was quick on the wheels. Power mode was amazing.
5. Braking was precise.

Cons for Crysta:
1. Second row only comes with 2 captain seats (in 7 Str version, can not purchase 8 Str as not allowed in Company lease). Last row may not be comfortable for 3 side by side.

2. The ride comfort was a bit floaty in Crysta compared to my Hexa. My god, I appreciate Hexa a lot now after seeing what cars in much higher segment. Its class apart. The problem was that there was heavy nosedive during breaking. While riding at 80+ on an empty stretch, when there were road undulations, the car didn’t give a confidence inspiring ride quality.
My wife and son both have motion sickness and I am worried this should not become a permanent problem for them.

3. Simple features like Hill decent control is missing, no drive modes like Hexa, second row sun blinds etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
I got a chance to drive 2,4 diesel recently and also the newer Fortuner
Quote:
Originally Posted by VKumar View Post
Petrol AT makes a lot of sense here.
Quote:
Hopefully will get my Petrol AT ZX by 15th March and the test drive will be on my own car
Dear Turbanator, VKumar, silverknight,
Thanks for your guidance so far. I test drove the 2.4 ZX AT this weekend and above are my observation. I need your guidance please with some feedback to my concerns on the highway ride quality. Every Innova owner swears by the Crysta for the highway comfort yet I came out unimpressed. Not sure what is the issue, I have requested for a longer drive next weekend again.
Also @silverknight, any update on your purchase ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentra26 View Post
That's good to know. Thanks for the feedback. I am still searching around for a 2019/2020 model and secretly hoping that they would release the Hexa in the latter half of the year. But so far, based on the pricing of the safari, I doubt if they would release the Hexa in a similar price range.
If you are still in the market in June, I will list my Hexa for sale shortly on the TBhp Classifieds
(2017 XT 26k done only) Sorry for cross marketing.

Last edited by swarnava.ch : 6th April 2021 at 15:35. Reason: adding question to silverknight
Old 6th April 2021, 16:25   #82
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarnava.ch View Post
Cons for Crysta:
1. Second row only comes with 2 captain seats
There are options to add another seat, check regular Innova thread, this is for Petrol specifically.

Quote:
2. I appreciate Hexa a lot now after seeing what cars in much higher segment. Its class apart.
My wife and son both have motion sickness and I am worried this should not become a permanent problem for them.
I have heard great things about Hexa regarding suspension but haven't driven one, so cannot comment. Innova can be bouncy, check Air pressure next time. Motion sickness - No, must be due to different ride quality over Hexa.

Quote:
Every Innova owner swears by the Crysta for the highway comfort yet I came out unimpressed. Not sure what is the issue,
It's all about relativity I guess, have seen members super impressed with Endeavour or some other cars which I find simply too uncomfortable due to my other rides being with Air Suspension. Maybe Hexa has spoilt you

I can safely say, Petrol is l better far as driveability is concerned and because there is less noise from the engine, one feels comfortable.

If you can live with TATA, perhaps stay with them. Nothing beats them for suspension/ Value for money.
Turbanator is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th April 2021, 17:10   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My Test drive experience shared here:
Background: I currently drive 2017 Sept Hexa XT Manual.

Pros for Crysta:
1. The car from inside feels a bit narrower than hexa, which is good. It was easy to manoeuvre on the roads.
2. Auto gearbox was also felt great compared to my manual Hexa.
3. Turning radius same as Hexa.
4. Performance - car has a lower weight compared to Hexa and was quick on the wheels. Power mode was amazing.
5. Braking was precise.

Cons for Crysta:
1. Second row only comes with 2 captain seats (in 7 Str version, can not purchase 8 Str as not allowed in Company lease). Last row may not be comfortable for 3 side by side.

2. The ride comfort was a bit floaty in Crysta compared to my Hexa. My god, I appreciate Hexa a lot now after seeing what cars in much higher segment. Its class apart. The problem was that there was heavy nosedive during breaking. While riding at 80+ on an empty stretch, when there were road undulations, the car didn’t give a confidence inspiring ride quality.

3. Simple features like Hill decent control is missing, no drive modes like Hexa, second row sun blinds etc.
3rd row is good for 2 adult + kid or 3 short folks. Hexa has better ride in bad roads and probably state roads, but it also has more body roll compared to Crysta. Hex absorbs pothole better. On 4 lanes highway, Crysta is stable and comfortable, my experience with Hexa is limited to city driving, hence cannot comment highway ride. Overall Hexa has better ride but Crysta has its advantages( Nimble, more responsive engine). Drive modes are very much existent in Crysta and gets 3 modes, I believe you are referring to terrain modes.
PrideRed is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2021, 20:08   #84
BHPian

Test drove the Crysta diesel AT. Yet to drive the petrol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
I can safely say, Petrol is l better far as driveability is concerned and because there is less noise from the engine, one feels comfortable.

As part of our longer trips, we usually go up the mountains as well (some sample routes being Ooty via Masinagudi or Dehradun to Mussoorie). Can the Innova petrol AT take 6 adults plus luggage and still climb? Would appreciate it if anyone could share their experience. It makes sense for me to go with Petrol if this condition is satisfied and could save me some money.

Quote:
If you are still in the market in June, I will list my Hexa for sale shortly on the TBhp Classifieds
(2017 XT 26k done only) Sorry for cross marketing.
Just back from Ravindu Toyota . I still feel that the Innova is priced a bit atrociously in this market. Even small things like the rear disc brakes that was there in Hexa are not there in the Innova. I drove the safari and did not like it. I really do hope that Tata brings back the Hexa.

Last edited by sentra26 : 6th April 2021 at 20:09.
Old 6th April 2021, 20:27   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentra26 View Post
I drove the safari and did not like it. I really do hope that Tata brings back the Hexa.
Hexa is not coming back. That boat has sailed. Even if it comes back, a Tata will never give you the peace of mind that you will get from a Toyota.

Innova is far lighter than Hexa and even without disk brakes at rear, the stopping is sharp in my experience. I haven't driven the petrol AT, but considering it is a torque converter gearbox with 166hp, I don't think it will have any problem in the ghats. The fuel efficiency will drop considerably, but I can assure you it won't struggle because of lack of grunt.
padmrajravi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2021, 00:05   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram78 View Post
Hello everyone.Hope you guys and families are doing fine wrt.Corona.

I'm an ex-owner of Crysta Z AT diesel. Sold it and my current drive is a Nexon whose steering is butter smooth. Crysta diesel steering for me was a royal pain.What is the case of the petrol Crysta? If the steering is a lot better to handle,I may look at it as my next buy.
It's still hydraulic unit so don't even think the Crysta petrol's steering will be as easy as Nexon plus Crysta is probably 500 kgs heavier than Nexon. But the petrol one feels lighter than diesel. You need to drive yourself to see if it is comfortable or not. I am used to Innova diesel's steering now and don't find any issues although I was used to Ford's electric steering.
Technic90 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2021, 14:41   #87
BHPian

Hello members,
I am in the market to buy a Crysta within next 6 months. I was planning for the petrol GX AT variant. I am ok with the diesel, but the reason for aiming petrol is the price difference with the diesel and also, I am a bit uncomfortable with the Adblue thing with BS6 diesels. I know there are no known issues with Adblue but each on his own.
My main concern is that how is the petrol AT on Crysta? Will it have enough power to pull on mountain roads? Will I feel sluggish that after spending 20 lacs on a car I am not able to keep pace on highway with a 10 lac car?
I do not have any concern regarding the FE since I am currently driving a 2016 Polo GT TSI which returns anywhere between 9 to 12 kmpl.
Thanks
Old 13th April 2021, 12:22   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrivingNirvana View Post
My main concern is that how is the petrol AT on Crysta? Will it have enough power to pull on mountain roads? Will I feel sluggish that after spending 20 lacs on a car I am not able to keep pace on highway with a 10 lac car?
I do not have any concern regarding the FE since I am currently driving a 2016 Polo GT TSI which returns anywhere between 9 to 12 kmpl.
Thanks
Read this informative thread by @Vkumar which should address your query about the "pull" of the petrol innova
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post5007123 (Review: Toyota Innova Crysta 2.7L Petrol AT)

I have a Polo GT TSI too, so Innova FE should be at par or better from what I've read from others' experience
Old 23rd April 2021, 11:37   #89
BHPian

Alright, so my 2.7 Petrol GX AT is here. Well, almost

Visited the dealership for the PDI yesterday and had the following question to the tyre experts here:

The stock tyres are Apollo, and I've read in multiple threads that the Michelins (esp Primacy SUV 215/65/16) are best suited for mostly city+long drives (assuming availability given import issues etc.,).

Does it make sense to change the tyres right after taking delivery? If so, what are the options (if not Michelin)?

ps - was trying to upload a pic of the car taken during PDI but the "choose files" button doesn't work on the Mac
Old 23rd April 2021, 12:17   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vraned View Post
Alright, so my 2.7 Petrol GX AT is here. Well, almost
Congratulations and wish you many happy kms!

Quote:
Does it make sense to change the tyres right after taking delivery? If so, what are the options (if not Michelin)?
It’s the best time to switch because you’ll get the highest quote for the stock tires when they’re new. Start looking around with tyre dealers for stock and negotiate the price beforehand. After taking delivery drive straight to the shop and switch the tyres out.

Quote:
ps - was trying to upload a pic of the car taken during PDI but the "choose files" button doesn't work on the Mac
I don’t think it’s an issue with being a Mac. Try a different browser. Or airdrop/transfer them to your phone and upload from there.
Iyencar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks