Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2017, 01:02   #16
BHPian

Re: Project Sigma: Journey of my pre-owned Ford Fiesta 1.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
Hi!

Here is the message from the said Fiesta owner.

That said I own a Fiesta 1.6 too so interested in what mods you plan
Hi, lets see if there's a dyno graph I can get hold of the Pete's map. For the exhaust and CAI I have the BMC DIA in plans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketRaccoon View Post
I think I saw your car being worked on at Heera Motors. I remember it from the alloy wheels and the purple shade of your car. If that is the case your car had earned another admirer. It looks really good in person. Actually, I spent quite some time ogling her. Btw, did Heera help you out with some mods. I am his regular customer and this info might be useful.
Yes, thats my car
Thank you!
Heera helped me with rewelding my exhaust, and also helps in regular paint work. All my cars have been going to him since 2010.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple_car View Post
Congratulations on your car! I am a fan of old ford's, just for their stock handling. Wish you all the best for the mods planned, and I hope it works out fine.

I have recently shifted on the outskirts of NCR recently, and purchased a Ecosport A/T from Tanish Ford. Fortunately, I have had good experiences till now (quite professional compared to other dealers I have dealt with in NCR), and I will servicing my car over there till warranty expires.

Can you suggest me any other place I can get it serviced, post warranty i.e.? I am scouting for good local options.

Thanks,
Simple_car
Hi sure, there are a couple of links on the directory. For the Local options from what I have been reading there isn't anyone you can fully rely on if you arent there to oversee.
devilwearsprada is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2017, 00:04   #17
BHPian

Congrats @devilwearsprada, that's a fine choice of a car. 7 years later still I love mine. Wishing you happy mile crunching.
RajeswaranK7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2017, 09:59   #18
BHPian

@devilwearsprada, I don't know if it's a coincidence or anything related to that. Here's mine, a 1.6S. Probably the one you were looking for with almost the identical exterior parts as your's now.
Attached Thumbnails
Project Sigma: Journey of my pre-owned Ford Fiesta 1.6-img_20170825_144252.jpg  

Project Sigma: Journey of my pre-owned Ford Fiesta 1.6-img_20170826_133054.jpg  

Project Sigma: Journey of my pre-owned Ford Fiesta 1.6-img_20170826_151221.jpg  

Last edited by dual disc 200 : 12th September 2017 at 10:09. Reason: Spell Chk
dual disc 200 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2017, 11:13   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dual disc 200 View Post
@devilwearsprada, I don't know if it's a coincidence or anything related to that. Here's mine, a 1.6S. Probably the one you were looking for with almost the identical exterior parts as your's now.
Hey there! What did you do to the original 1.6S alloys? Still have them?
Old 12th September 2017, 11:38   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
Hey there! What did you do to the original 1.6S alloys? Still have them?
Hi Akshay, the S alloys were stolen is what I recur at the time of taking her from previous owner. As the same wasn't available in any of the ASS, it was decided to go with Raiden.
Old 13th September 2017, 13:04   #21

Coming from a 10 year old Ford Fiesta ownership experience I must say I thoroughly enjoyed reading this post. The Fiesta has always been a car with a very sorted chassis and suspension setup and that contributes to the joys of hitting the curves with it.

I live in Gurgaon as well and I can totally vouch for the fact that Tanish Ford needs to get its act together. I left my Fiesta just for washing and after that the horn and interior lights went kaput. They had messed up the fuses big time.

I drive a Ford Aspire S now and though the stiffened suspension does a solid job at the handling department, it cant quite keep up with the Fiesta's setup

I appreciate Ford for bringing us drivers oriented cars in India. If only their after sales service could improve
Azzitcr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2017, 02:18   #22
BHPian

Brake Update

A long pending updates on the brake was due as the car was running short on both rear and front brakes. The options I had was :
  1. EBC YellowStuff/TaroX : EBC's are the best brake pads available for the Fiesta, but they were coming a tad bit expensive along with the fact that running them on stock rotors would wear them out quite fast, and the car need not be taken on track so for daily driving they are an overkill. Its the same case with the Tarox.
  2. OEM Replacement : The Oem replacements are the best case scenario but I was quoted a 1 day job and didn't have the time to leave my car at the ASS, and the past experiences at the ASS weren't satisfactory.
  3. AfterMarket Options : Aftermarket's can be dodgy sometimes, with possibility of counterfeit parts its a gamble. But ultimately due to time constraints I went for the following combination :
    KTek Rotors + Delphi Pads + SCShoes for the rear.
    [/u]

Project Sigma: Journey of my pre-owned Ford Fiesta 1.6-parts-all-.jpg

I bought the parts through https://www.sparesncare.com/, and they did a good job and supplied me the parts within the same day, the cost breakup is as follows:

Brake Pads Front - INR 1280 Delphi
Rear Brake Shoe - INR 950 SC
Disc - INR 1520 each Ktek
Badges - 450 for an aftermarket set!

I shall be updating more when I get them fit, with a performance review.

Project Sigma: Journey of my pre-owned Ford Fiesta 1.6-sc-shoes.jpg

Project Sigma: Journey of my pre-owned Ford Fiesta 1.6-sc-shoes-lable.jpg

Project Sigma: Journey of my pre-owned Ford Fiesta 1.6-delphi-info.jpg

Project Sigma: Journey of my pre-owned Ford Fiesta 1.6-delphi-pads.jpg

Project Sigma: Journey of my pre-owned Ford Fiesta 1.6-ktek-rotor-.jpg

Project Sigma: Journey of my pre-owned Ford Fiesta 1.6-badges.jpg
devilwearsprada is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th December 2017, 00:05   #23
BHPian

Facing a particular issue that has been boggling even the ASS.

My car dies on RPM post 5500, as in gets stuck at 5500 and the speed gets stuck too.
Need to shift to a higher gear to increase speed, but the RPM issue remains.

Throttle body was cleaned, codes were cleared. But, issue remained.
Does anybody know the problem?
Old 6th April 2018, 11:40   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilwearsprada View Post
I shall be updating more when I get them fit, with a performance review.
Please do update the experience with the new rotors, pads and shoes. Even I am looking for improving the braking on my S.

Quote:
My car dies on RPM post 5500, as in gets stuck at 5500 and the speed gets stuck too.

Any updates on this? Sounds like the ECU is going into limp mode. Any particular codes you noticed before they were cleared? Also, any malfunction lamps?
Old 8th April 2018, 12:26   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Facing a particular issue that has been boggling even the ASS.

Ask them to check the throttle position sensor & accelerator pedal position sensor. The car uses a drive by wire system. Looks like the throttle butterfly is not opening beyond a point due to a faulty sensor.
Old 8th April 2018, 19:05   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PratikPatel View Post
Ask them to check the throttle position sensor & accelerator pedal position sensor. The car uses a drive by wire system. Looks like the throttle butterfly is not opening beyond a point due to a faulty sensor.
I think that's the probable reason, but the TPS is located behind the throttle body which has a bolt stuck.

I'll take it again for a quick checkup. Ford had cleared codes which were for TPS but the problem is still there.
Old 8th April 2018, 19:06   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_of_steel View Post
Please do update the experience with the new rotors, pads and shoes. Even I am looking for improving the braking on my S.

Hi, the new pads have lasted only for 4000 kms before they have started grinding against the discs. Frustrated experience and terrible quality. Will stick to OEM pads for this change.

Any updates on this? Sounds like the ECU is going into limp mode. Any particular codes you noticed before they were cleared? Also, any malfunction lamps?
The code was for the TPS, but its quite possible that its the throttle body that needed cleaning.
Old 15th June 2018, 12:55   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Brake Update

A long pending updates on the brake was due as the car was running short on both rear and front brakes.
I bought the parts through https://www.sparesncare.com/, and they did a good job and supplied me the parts within the same day, the cost breakup is as follows:

Brake Pads Front - INR 1280 Delphi
Rear Brake Shoe - INR 950 SC
Disc - INR 1520 each Ktek
Badges - 450 for an aftermarket set!
Hey, any idea what's the minimum thickness required for the front discs?
My discs have had scoring marks ever since I bought the car at 50k kms. ASS said the culprit is poor quality brake pads. It's done 18k kms since and except for the odd juddering while braking at certain speeds, there's no issue.
I want to know whether I can get facing done to this disc and keep it instead of buying new, and just change the pads. ASS said the discs need to be changed, but then again, no ASS does facing, so I'm not sure.

Also, if I do have to change the discs and pads, should i stick to OEM pads? How are the Delphis doing? Would brembo replacement pads be better?
Old 15th June 2018, 14:42   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohan24 View Post
Hey, any idea what's the minimum thickness required for the front discs?
My discs have had scoring marks ever since I bought the car at 50k kms. ASS said the culprit is poor quality brake pads. It's done 18k kms since and except for the odd juddering while braking at certain speeds, there's no issue.
I want to know whether I can get facing done to this disc and keep it instead of buying new, and just change the pads. ASS said the discs need to be changed, but then again, no ASS does facing, so I'm not sure.

Also, if I do have to change the discs and pads, should i stick to OEM pads? How are the Delphis doing? Would brembo replacement pads be better?

Hi I have absolutely no idea about the minimum thickness, but I can tell you one thing if its just juddering you can get them skimmed and change just the pads.

Delphi were average, lasted for about 6-7k kms before they started going out completely.

I don't think you can get brembo for the Fiesta, the only option is Tarox G88.
Old 15th June 2018, 15:08   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Hi I have absolutely no idea about the minimum thickness, but I can tell you one thing if its just juddering you can get them skimmed and change just the pads.
Yes, skimming! I couldn't remember the word. ASS said skimming would reduce thickness too much, hence they should be changed. I'll try to find the min. thickness from somewhere and decide.

Quote:
Delphi were average, lasted for about 6-7k kms before they started going out completely.

I don't think you can get brembo for the Fiesta, the only option is Tarox G88.
Oh okay, I'll stick to OEM then mostly. There are Bosch ones too available on Sparesncare.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks