Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2018, 16:46   #106
BHPian

re: Toyota Fortuner 4x4 AT : My Furteela Ghonga. 2 years and 1,00,000 km up! EDIT: Now sold.

Congratulations on the milestone!
I remember the exact moment and place when Obelix hit the 1 Lac Km mark. It was just after Lossar in Spiti Valley.

Here is a pic of that exact place and moment..
Toyota Fortuner 4x4 AT : My Furteela Ghonga. 2 years and 1,00,000 km up! EDIT: Now sold.-screenshot_20180521163311.jpg

I had calcualted my maintainence cost after all services done from day one to the 1 Lac Km mark and if i remember correctly it was about Rs.60,000/- which is phenomenal!

I too was thinking about going for Dieseltronic or Racechip but decided against it as it harms the engine in the long run. I was also advised against it as Obelix is at 2 lac kms and may not be able to handle the extra boost and temepratures produced with the use of these "piggyback" ECU's.

I dont want to mess with the Fortuners bulletproof reliability.

Furteela certainly has travelled the length and breadth of our nation. Lucky fellow!! Keep the travels going and lets plan one together also!
Manuuj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2018, 13:31   #107
BHPian

re: Toyota Fortuner 4x4 AT : My Furteela Ghonga. 2 years and 1,00,000 km up! EDIT: Now sold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunraizada View Post
I've lived to see many excursions by this white beast ! I've been lucky to have been on a few with it !

Bhushan, it's a relationship that you've developed with the car that very few manage to have !

Some lovely and awe inspiring pictures and locations in those 1L kms !

Keep inspiring and driving safe !
Thanks a lot for your kind words Varun. I hope your Fortuner would join Furteela in some longer trips this year apart from weekend OTR fun. Ace F355 aka Rohit says 1 + 1 = 11 in tough expeditions and I agree with him completely. So lets do some challenging trails in Ladakh / Nepal or anywhere else soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekvidya View Post
Very well written - the Furteela continues to does amazing and inspirational stuff !
Thanks Prateek. Your Endy is very much under utilised. Now that you have moved up North, you should be looking for excuses to head to the mountains. I envy you so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekvidya View Post
On the dislikes - I find that the new Endy covers for each and every aspect which is mentioned here. Why wouldn't you sell the Furteela (and this AT model would give you a very good resale rate), and buy the new Endy !
An upgrade for me is not just adding a list of missing features. A bigger and more powerful engine would the first requirement. 3.0 to 3.2 is hardly an upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
I think if at all I buy a Toyota, I will probably put this as the primary reason. I believe that most machines are created equal, but its the maintenance and the care that the owner and the service guys do, matters.... Further, from you talks, I'm simply amazed to find consistence service experiences throughout a country as diverse as India.
Toyota knows this very well which is even better reflected in their product pricing!

On a serious note, friends and family abroad also swear by the service quality standards of the T badge. So they really knows how to keep their customers satisfied!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
I think slowly, yet steadily, this travelling bug has bitten me as well.
There is no better therapy for a roadie than a long, really long road trip. Keep revving. Keep roaming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuuj View Post
Congratulations on the milestone!
Thanks Mannuj! Lovely pic you have shared. Obelix is a legend and has been inspiring fellow BHPians including yours truly to not just buy this immensely capable SUV but also take them to places which are beyond words. It would be an absolute pleasure to do a trip with you and Obelix!

Quote:
I had calcualted my maintainence cost after all services done from day one to the 1 Lac Km mark and if i remember correctly it was about Rs.60,000/- which is phenomenal!
Wow! That is indeed phenomenal. Unfortunately, the service costs have risen sharply over past 4-5 years which is true for all OEMs I guess.

Quote:
I too was thinking about going for Dieseltronic or Racechip but decided against it as it harms the engine in the long run.
I know few other BHPians who advise against these upgrades. Even I am very skeptical.
ragh_bhushan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2018, 20:11   #108
BHPian

Wow! Congratulations Bhushan on reaching 1 lakh KM milestone! Simply amazing.
You have great writing skills and also photography skills. It's a treat to read your ownership reviews. I still cannot believe you have covered so many places in last couple of years. Simply outstanding
You are making 200% utilization of the Monster. Keep munching miles and enjoy your life

Cheers,
Raghav
RAHS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2018, 12:21   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAHS View Post
Wow! Congratulations Bhushan on reaching 1 lakh KM milestone! Simply amazing.
Thanks RAHS! How is the progress on your new acquisition? I believe you were looking for a Fortuner / Duster AWD yourself?
ragh_bhushan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2018, 18:05   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragh_bhushan View Post
Thanks RAHS! How is the progress on your new acquisition? I believe you were looking for a Fortuner / Duster AWD yourself?
I currently own a Duster ( New Duster, Diesel/Manual/FWD, 2016 Model ).
Plan is to upgrade to a pre-owned Fortuner sometime next year. There is no real reason to upgrade. Just that it is there in my HIT LIST for long!

Few things I am concerned about pre-owned Fortuner:

1. Ban on 10 year old diesel vehicle by NGT. It might come to all Metros? Only time can tell that.
2. Risk of getting into pre-owned market. Specially with Fortuner since most of them are owned by high profile people ( Political, Real Estate etc ).
Of course there are enthusiasts owners like you and few others on Team-BHP
3. Size of the vehicle and fit in my apartment parking. If I get AT, then it will make my life easy. MT would be little difficult for Bangalore city usage. I don't need 4X4. May not venture into such places like you

My family is not keen on pre-owned Fortuner. Specially after seeing TATA H5X during Auto Expo. Need to see how exactly the production version of H5X will turn into.
Accordingly we will take a call. So at the moment it's between New H5X & Pre-owned Fortuner.

Will keep you posted & will surely come back to you for feedback if we decide to pick Fortuner.

Thanks!
Raghav
RAHS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th May 2018, 21:32   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAHS View Post
Plan is to upgrade to a pre-owned Fortuner sometime next year. There is no real reason to upgrade. Just that it is there in my HIT LIST for long!
I am in the exact boat, and every bit of detail matches

I might just copy your decision some where down the line
ralto is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th June 2018, 13:46   #112
BHPian

Re: How it happened

Quote:
Background

On Road Price & Discounts
  • Ex-showroom - Rs. 28,28,095/-
  • Toyota Protect Insurance - Rs. 1,07,666/-
  • Road Tax - Rs. 3,67,653/-
  • Toyota Genuine Accessories - Rs. 41,458/-
    Fabric floor mats - Rs. 5281/-
    Cargo net - Rs. 3,191/-
    Vanity sun visor - Rs. 771/-
    Scoop cover - Rs.2,813/-
    Side cladding - Rs. 27,800/-
  • Registration Charges - Rs. 24,300/-
  • Total Quoted - Rs. 33,69,172/-
  • Discount - Rs. 2,00,000/-
  • Final on road price - Rs. 31,69,172/-
[/list]
Hi! Congratulations (although too late ) on the buy but I went through your entire thread in one go!
I am sure you are having a ball time with the truck.
Was just curious to know about the discount. If I may ask, can you share how did you really manage to get such a huge discount?
I am contemplating on the buy from a long time and hope to acquire one soon. Checking with the dealer, the max. they were willing to offer was just 10K.

Thanks in advance!
verma_rahul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2018, 11:15   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by verma_rahul View Post
Congratulations on the buy but I went through your entire thread in one go!
I am sure you are having a ball time with the truck.
Thanks Rahul for your kind words. I am absolutely loving the truck. Best decision of my life!

Quote:
Was just curious to know about the discount. If I may ask, can you share how did you really manage to get such a huge discount?
I bought November 2015 manufactured Fortuner in January 2016 which dealer already had in stock. Big discounts are usually available during early part of the year (Jan - Feb) when the dealer is looking to clear the stock. 4x4 AT Fortuner was launched in Jan 2015 and was almost at end of its generation and new model was already launched in other markets. So I believe people were anticipating the launch soon in India. I liked this generation's design more and discounts were like cherry on top. So I went ahead with the purchase.

Initial quoted discount was Rs. 1 lakh. Dealer insisted on insurance and finance from him and I was persistent on further discount which took the final discount figure to Rs. 2 Lakh. So I guess it was a win - win for both of us!
ragh_bhushan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th June 2018, 12:42   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Rahul for your kind words. I am absolutely loving the truck. Best decision of my life!
So I guess it was a win - win for both of us!
Wow!! lucky you Fingers crossed now and I hope to own a "truck" soon. Will connect if I have any questions.

Rahul
verma_rahul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2018, 13:21   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Wow!! lucky you Fingers crossed now and I hope to own a "truck" soon. Will connect if I have any questions.

Rahul

If you are not in a hurry-burry mode you can wait for 6 months and enjoy the year end benefits. Year 2017 was also very special where we had GST coming into picture and dealers offered handsome discounts due the mashup.
roby_dk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th June 2018, 13:26   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
If you are not in a hurry-burry mode you can wait for 6 months and enjoy the year end benefits. Year 2017 was also very special where we had GST coming into picture and dealers offered handsome discounts due the mashup.
Absolutely! Have been thinking over it from a long time but will definitely not jump into it right away. After all, its a Heart Vs. Mind decision and it still needs some more time.

Thank you!
verma_rahul is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2018, 11:29   #117
BHPian

Quote:
So I guess it was a win - win for both of us!
Quote:
If you are not in a hurry-burry mode you can wait for 6 months and enjoy the year end benefits..
I am happy to inform that I picked up a 2014 (April) 4x4 MT Super white "Truck" which has done just 23,900 kms. till date. And yes, you do read it right, just 24K in 4 years for a T-Fort Verified the service details at Toyota, got it inspected before taking the plunge.

It is a huge leap from an Elite i20 to a monster, so still getting used to it now. Paid slight premium for it but that's OK, considering the ODO reading and the condition of the vehicle (not even a small dot anywhere in the vehicle, forget about dents).

Rahul
verma_rahul is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th July 2018, 12:22   #118
BHPian

Congratulations Rahul.

Should not worry on the reliability as Tbadge is more than enough to prove the same. A pre-owned car and that too with decent or rather low mileage figure on a truck like Fortuner is a steal deal. Enjoy your possession and do update your upcoming trips.
roby_dk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2018, 12:21   #119
BHPian

Quote:
I am happy to inform that I picked up a 2014 (April) 4x4 MT Super white "Truck" which has done just 23,900 kms.
Wow! That's a brilliant deal man. Be careful during the run-in period which the previous owner could not complete.

Quote:
It is a huge leap from an Elite i20 to a monster, so still getting used to it now. Paid slight premium for it but that's OK, considering the ODO reading and the condition of the vehicle
Whatever price you paid is absolutely worth every penny as Fortuners with such low mileage are extremely rare. You must now be feeling like sitting on roof of i20! Many congratulations on the acquisition. Wish you happy mile munching with the Truck. Do update on your upcoming / done trips and share pictures if possible.
ragh_bhushan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2018, 13:25   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations Rahul.
Quote:
Wow! That's a brilliant deal man.
For sure and thank you once again. Well, I do have to look down

Looking forward to numerous trips. Tied up with office work and have hardly been able to drive 100 kms or so in the past 1.5 weeks but have planned a "long" one already.

Cheers!
verma_rahul is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks