Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2018, 14:45   #121
BHPian

re: Toyota Fortuner 4x4 AT : My Furteela Ghonga. 2 years and 1,00,000 km up! EDIT: Now sold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuuj View Post
I too was thinking about going for Dieseltronic or Racechip but decided against it as it harms the engine in the long run. I was also advised against it as Obelix is at 2 lac kms and may not be able to handle the extra boost and temepratures produced with the use of these "piggyback" ECU's.

I dont want to mess with the Fortuners bulletproof reliability.
Absolutely do not, I made the stupid mistake of installing the racedynamics box on my fortuner and one fine morning while driving down to dehradoon last year , the car switched off at triple digit speeds . Thank god i was not overtaking anyone and was the only one on that stretch was able to pull over to the side with my heart i my mouth! that is when i realized how heavy the steering is when the truck has no power.

Tried starting it could hear the injectors misfire and turn off, towed it to meerut on a flatbed, Head mech said first time i am seeing such a issue told him too pull the damn box out and throw it in the garbage voila problem solved. he still ran a diagnostics check with the scanner everything was fine and drove on to dehradoon.
Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th July 2018, 10:26   #122
BHPian

re: Toyota Fortuner 4x4 AT : My Furteela Ghonga. 2 years and 1,00,000 km up! EDIT: Now sold.

Hi!

Need some help from a newbie fortuner owner here

Of late, I've started noticing that the right hand side low beam lamps behaves as if the wiring/connector is loose when going over a rough patch. Works perfectly fine on a normal road though. What could be the reason? Got it checked at the service center, they visually checked the connectors and said that everything's fine. They now intend to keep the car for a day or two and check the wiring, relay, etc etc. and this is something which I would better avoid as I wouldn't really want them to mess around and inflate the bill for no reason. Has anyone of you faced this issue?
Old 2nd January 2019, 19:42   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by verma_rahul View Post
Hi!

Need some help from a newbie fortuner owner here

Of late, I've started noticing that the right hand side low beam lamps behaves as if the wiring/connector is loose when going over a rough patch. Works perfectly fine on a normal road though. What could be the reason? Got it checked at the service center, they visually checked the connectors and said that everything's fine. They now intend to keep the car for a day or two and check the wiring, relay, etc etc. and this is something which I would better avoid as I wouldn't really want them to mess around and inflate the bill for no reason. Has anyone of you faced this issue?

Hi,
did you find any solution to your issue ?

since a long time in my car, the left projector HL bulb keep flickering occasionally (even when vehicle is not moving), not always, but very often. The service center didnt really check, but said that bulb maybe ending life. Now this bulb (discharged based) is very costly (14K+ !). Any clue ?

Anyone changed these bulbs to LED type ? inputs welcome, thanks.

regards,
Pranav
Old 3rd January 2019, 21:01   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcpranav View Post
Hi,
did you find any solution to your issue ?
Well, not really. The service center guys just removed the bulb and re-fixed it, post cleaning the dust etc. on the holder. The flickering is reduced but not gone completely. Also, it happens only when I go over a rough patch, not on good roads or when the vehicle is standstill.

For you, the service center guys are correct. It is the end of life for the bulb. You can read up on Wikipedia.
verma_rahul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2020, 18:20   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by verma_rahul View Post
Well, not really. The service center guys just removed the bulb and re-fixed it, post cleaning the dust etc. on the holder. The flickering is reduced but not gone completely. Also, it happens only when I go over a rough patch, not on good roads or when the vehicle is standstill.

For you, the service center guys are correct. It is the end of life for the bulb. You can read up on Wikipedia.

Hi,

Its been more than a year that I posted here - on this specific issue!
I never bothered to open the bulb - once in a while it flickers, but overall it works just fine. Observed in short or long drives - its fine. So I guess bulb is working proper, maybe someday open the holder for cleaning - when Im not lazy, haha.
Btw, the OEM bulb costs a bomb, so whenever needed I will go for some cheaper alternative.

regards,
Old 4th December 2022, 13:53   #126
BHPian

I am both sad and glad to post an update here. Sad that Furteela was sold in December, 2019 at an ODO reading of 1,35,881 km. Glad to report that it has been reincarnated as FG2.0

Toyota Fortuner 4x4 AT : My Furteela Ghonga. 2 years and 1,00,000 km up! EDIT: Now sold.-sellodo.jpg
ODO at the time of selling

Toyota Fortuner 4x4 AT : My Furteela Ghonga. 2 years and 1,00,000 km up! EDIT: Now sold.-lastshot.jpg
Parting shot

I brought home FG1 in February of 2016 and it served me well for more than 3.5 years. It took me to some of the most amazing places that I have seen in my life, almost all the states in India (except NE) and lots of places in Bhutan. More importantly, it brought me home safe, sound and eager for yet another road trip. The ownership experience has been fuss free and every moment with it was cherished thoroughly.

Sold it just before Covid and took a break from road trips for a while. The itch got back and I brought home FG2.0 in September 2022. I have posted my initial impressions here (2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review) and hope to start ownership thread soon.

Toyota Fortuner 4x4 AT : My Furteela Ghonga. 2 years and 1,00,000 km up! EDIT: Now sold.-img_0490.jpeg

Cheers to new beginnings!
ragh_bhushan is offline   (14) Thanks

Most Viewed