Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2017, 22:06   #46
BHPian

Re: Our Big Boy: Tata Hexa XT 4x2

Well written and informative review. Congratulations on your new buggy and hope you have many years of happy ownership. It is a new experience to have Tata cars and sales and service that brings a smile to the owners face.
Old 11th April 2017, 21:27   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashokabs View Post
Well written and informative review. Congratulations on your new buggy and hope you have many years of happy ownership. It is a new experience to have Tata cars and sales and service that brings a smile to the owners face.
Thanks a lot!

By the way folks, excited about the TeamBhp key rings! Got them today.
Attached Thumbnails
Our Big Boy: Tata Hexa XT 4x2-1491926250865.jpg  

abhi7013 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th April 2017, 00:33   #48
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the Hexa, being a Tata fanboy liked the new breed to cars coming from their stable. Happy motoring. Just out of curiosity, in your music system is there an equalizer apart from the presets if so how many bands? The reason for asking this is cause you had pointed out that bass at low volumes is not there, but on the contrary in the showroom XTA model on BTM road i found the bass to be quite good, maybe a personal preference.
Old 16th April 2017, 00:59   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Congrats on the Hexa, being a Tata fanboy liked the new breed to cars coming from their stable. Happy motoring. Just out of curiosity, in your music system is there an equalizer apart from the presets if so how many bands? The reason for asking this is cause you had pointed out that bass at low volumes is not there, but on the contrary in the showroom XTA model on BTM road i found the bass to be quite good, maybe a personal preference.
Thank you!
Apart from the presets, you do get an option to adjust the bass and treble. I've tried a lot to achieve good punch in lower volumes but could not find any. Its not that the bass is absent. Compared to other cars like the ecosport or the i20, bass is very less at lower volumes. I guess cabin size too plays a crucial role.
Old 16th April 2017, 02:29   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post

Its a 3 band equalizer, along with the usual balance and fader settings. I find the front center speaker to be excessively powerful. I keep the fader set at -1 towards the rear, for balanced listening experience. Sound is like what you get with Bose systems - top notch clarity, vocals and trebles but not much punch unless you pump up the volume.

The system is wonderful if you want to listen to Rehman or Hariharan or SPB or even Arijit. If you prefer the likes of Honey Singh and Badshah, you'll be disappointed if you don't keep it loud.

The system is extremely sensitive to bitrate. Your music must be 256kbps and above if you really want to enjoy the setup. Also, sound quality tanks if you play via aux-in. USB and Bluetooth give good output.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th April 2017, 21:18   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
The system is extremely sensitive to bitrate. Your music must be 256kbps and above if you really want to enjoy the setup. Also, sound quality tanks if you play via aux-in. USB and Bluetooth give good output.
Problem with my system is, it only plays from USB for about a minute. Then it just stops recognising any USB connected and even the Bluetooth functionality shuts down. Tried with different pen drives of various capacities. Its the same. Will have to reset to factory settings.

Anyways, another update: Our boy gets a dashcam! Viofo A119. Since there are no powered 12v sockets with ignition switched off, i tried connecting it with my power bank. It runs for 6 to 7 hours with continuous recording.
Attached Thumbnails
Our Big Boy: Tata Hexa XT 4x2-1492357672687.jpg  

Our Big Boy: Tata Hexa XT 4x2-1492357683568.jpg  

Our Big Boy: Tata Hexa XT 4x2-1492357693978.jpg  

Our Big Boy: Tata Hexa XT 4x2-1492357704068.jpg  

Old 17th April 2017, 01:36   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
Problem with my system is, it only plays from USB for about a minute. Then it just stops recognising any USB connected and even the Bluetooth functionality shuts down. Tried with different pen drives of various capacities. Its the same. Will have to reset to factory settings.
The software is quite buggy. My car plays audio via Bluetooth only when it is in the mood to do so. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Bluetooth telephony​ works fine, but audio playback is temperamental. I've reset the system a few times, it does not help. That's why I am sticking to USB. It's a basic 2GB drive and works the way it is supposed to.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th April 2017, 08:09   #53
BHPian

Quote:
The software is quite buggy. My car plays audio via Bluetooth only when it is in the mood to do so. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Bluetooth telephony​ works fine, but audio playback is temperamental. I've reset the system a few times, it does not help. That's why I am sticking to USB. It's a basic 2GB drive and works the way it is supposed to.
Have tried once with USB 3.0 16GB and it played fine. However my major source of audio is from my 32GB SDcard. I need USB for other purposes hence went with SDcard. No complaints so for on this method of source in my 2and half month ownership.
Black_Beast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2017, 11:26   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Beast View Post
Have tried once with USB 3.0 16GB and it played fine. However my major source of audio is from my 32GB SDcard. I need USB for other purposes hence went with SDcard. No complaints so for on this method of source in my 2and half month ownership.
Good to know that you are happy with the system and are not having any issues. Yours is the manual or automatic?

My major source of audio is my mobile phone and I like to play music via Bluetooth. My phone houses my entire collection and I can play it in any of my cars. Now I have to maintain an extra collection in a pen drive just for the Hexa. Unnecessary hassle.
Old 17th April 2017, 11:33   #55
BHPian

Quote:
My major source of audio is my mobile phone and I like to play music via Bluetooth.
Is there any difference in quality when playing via Bluetooth? I am not sure but I think USB will have better quality vs Bluetooth.
roby_dk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2017, 11:44   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Good to know that you are happy with the system and are not having any issues. Yours is the manual or automatic?

My major source of audio is my mobile phone and I like to play music via Bluetooth. My phone houses my entire collection and I can play it in any of my cars. Now I have to maintain an extra collection in a pen drive just for the Hexa. Unnecessary hassle.
Same here. I play it only via Bluetooth and the quality too is great. Honestly, i did not notice any difference while playing through aux, Bluetooth or USB. Quality in audio is the same. However, since i can only play one song via USB before the car decides otherwise , i end up using Bluetooth which is very convenient.
Old 17th April 2017, 12:17   #57
BHPian

Quote:

Mine is XT 4x2 Blue variant, clocked 6300km on Odo

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
Is there any difference in quality when playing via Bluetooth? I am not sure but I think USB will have better quality vs Bluetooth.
Would suggest go with SdCard or USB option for audio, Quality of music differs in great extent when compared with Bluetooth streaming and SdCard/USB method. You can notice it with High Quality mp3,wav,aac files

Since SdCard slides in and has no visibility (unlike protruding USB) from outside it's cleanest option, just my observation.
Black_Beast is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th April 2017, 12:36   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Mine is XT 4x2 Blue variant, clocked 6300km on Odo
Its about time you add to my ownership review saar! Or even better, starting another ownership thread! Either way, am desperately waiting for a couple more ownership threads to come up! And you guys promised!
Old 17th April 2017, 19:13   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
Honestly, i did not notice any difference while playing through aux, Bluetooth or USB. Quality in audio is the same.
Quote:
Would suggest go with SdCard or USB option for audio, Quality of music differs in great extent when compared with Bluetooth streaming and SdCard/USB method. You can notice it with High Quality mp3,wav,aac files
In theory, you should get better output via USB or SD card as compared to Bluetooth.

I however find no discernible difference in audio quality. Sounds pretty much the same to me, via BT or via USB. Perhaps someone might be able to find a difference in lossless quality audio files. But not on the regular stuff we usually listen to.

Sound quality drops significantly with aux, which is kind of expected. But then, this is something I notice only with the Hexa. BT, USB and aux, all three sound more or less the same in my Jazz as well as City. Same phone, same cable, same pen drive. Perhaps this is on account of the superior Harman system. But then, the City's 8 speaker ICE is also pretty good.

Overall, USB = Bluetooth > aux Never used the SD card option

Last edited by Shreyans_Jain : 17th April 2017 at 19:29.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2017, 23:09   #60
BHPian

Hi all. Wanted to share how the wiring was concealed for my dashcam as fellow owners too intend to install them. First off, would like to tell that it was a very crudely done job and took just 20 minutes to find places where the wire could be concealed.
I intend to ask the service folks to do a better job of it when i give it to service.

Anyways here are the pics:-

Our Big Boy: Tata Hexa XT 4x2-dsc_0018.jpg
This is the Dashcam and it is connected to the GPS mount. The wire is taken underneath the fabric and cannot be seen when seated normally. However, at an angle at which i have taken the pic, it is visible.

Our Big Boy: Tata Hexa XT 4x2-dsc_0019.jpg
It was a bit difficult to run the wire underneath this cover. You can see the wire below.

Our Big Boy: Tata Hexa XT 4x2-dsc_0020.jpg
From the plastic to under the rubber. Not visible when the door is shut and does not come in the way.

Our Big Boy: Tata Hexa XT 4x2-dsc_0021.jpg
This was a bit difficult. I ran the wire from the driver-side door to the gear-knob area from above the underside of the driver foot-well. No clips or tapes are required as the wire fits snugly between the plastic gaps and will not fall off unless pulled intentionally. Now if you wish to use the front row 12V port or the USB, or in case your wire is short, this much should do.

Our Big Boy: Tata Hexa XT 4x2-dsc_0022.jpg
But i wanted to use the middle row 12V socket as i did not want things to get congested in the front row. So i ran the wire below the driver seat to the second row such that it does not come inside the seat adjustment rails.

Our Big Boy: Tata Hexa XT 4x2-dsc_0023.jpg
From under the carpet and to the 12V socket. The wire provided by the vendor was sufficient for my requirement.
Our Big Boy: Tata Hexa XT 4x2-dsc_0024.jpg

As i said, its a pretty rough work which i did temporarily. The service personnel said that he would further conceal the wire.
Also, in case of using the camera in parking mode, will just switch the source to my portable charger. That's it! Hope this was useful!

Last edited by abhi7013 : 19th April 2017 at 23:14.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks