Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2017, 19:24   #61
BHPian

Re: We Two, Ours Two - Alto K10 AMT for my wife, Polo GT TSI for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Then he told me that they had done 3M interior cleaning and AC disinfectant which cost over 3K. I was not amused. I asked him why he did that. He told I had agreed.
Hey, Hemanth. I have a 2015 GT and I must say that your patience and tolerance level is exceptional.

One question: when you signed on the job card, was the 3M cleaning mentioned? If no, you can still take it up with the GM of the dealership and initiate a formal complaint against the SA.

The whole service culture depends on the professionalism of the dealership management. That culture percolates downwards into the team of the SAs and the technicians.

The service in Pune is impeccable and each time I went for a service I was asked if I wanted 3M cleaning done, never was it forced down my throat as in your case.

Also, whenever the interior of the car is cleaned with foam/water based cleaner it helps if you keep one window slightly open (about an inch should suffice) for about 10-12 hours. That lets the excess humid air inside the car escape and prevents misting.
AbhisheKulkarni is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2017, 20:00   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

The service centre lady told that there was no appointment till October 4th. I told them that I had to go on a long unexpected trip.
To that the lady told 600 to 700 kilometres extra wouldn't be a problem since my vehicle is over 2 months short of 1 year. The service appointment was booked for October 5th 9AM
Hemanth, is the Palace Cross Rajajinagar or Heserghatta? All the VW Service Centers in Bangalore typically do this. Never have appointments and by default never promise to return it the same day. If you push hard enough, they magically turn it around in one day.

Bad luck with the extra charges.
Old 11th October 2017, 20:17   #63
BHPian

It is disappointing to see the attitude of folks at VW.
Does VW allow customers to be with the car or see it being serviced?
Old 11th October 2017, 20:34   #64
BHPian

Quote:
I demanded him to remove this charge. he told that it was already invoiced and can't be changed.
I was disappointed at how slyly it was included in the job card and also how I was not given the cost breakup. I finally paid it but not before a lot of argument.
What I usually do is, ask them to prepare a Proforma Invoice and get my approval before making the final invoice. This way, I can ensure that there are no unnecessary items in the final bill. I also give them the list of dos & dont's in a small paper.

For the labour costs, do check using the calculator here.
BigBrad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2017, 21:46   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhisheKulkarni View Post
One question: when you signed on the job card, was the 3M cleaning mentioned?
As he was explaining what all are part of the service, the SA mentioned interior cleaning. It was never told that it was the '3M' cleaning and is at an additional charge. That's how I signed on it. Just before that he had pushed for the 3M exterior treatment which I had turned down.

Quote:
The whole service culture depends on the professionalism of the dealership management. That culture percolates downwards into the team of the SAs and the technicians.
True

Quote:
The service in Pune is impeccable and each time I went for a service I was asked if I wanted 3M cleaning done, never was it forced down my throat as in your case.
Lucky you. It was not forced down my throat but included by masking it.

Quote:
Also, whenever the interior of the car is cleaned with foam/water based cleaner it helps if you keep one window slightly open (about an inch should suffice) for about 10-12 hours. That lets the excess humid air inside the car escape and prevents misting.
Yes, thanks. Soon after i took the car, it was raining heavily so couldn't open. But the next day, the seats all dried up. But misting wasn't because of that because even today after 4 days of driving (I always keep the windows open unless it is raining) there are liquid marks (some kind of polishing agent I guess) wherever I've not wiped. For example, rear glass and door handle area etc. There was misting today only on the rear glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajathv8 View Post
It is disappointing to see the attitude of folks at VW. Does VW allow customers to be with the car or see it being serviced?
I think they don't have an objection to that because I was with the car for the 5K inspection service (although was not for a long period of time). Probably next time I've to plan to do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBrad View Post
What I usually do is, ask them to prepare a Proforma Invoice and get my approval before making the final invoice. This way, I can ensure that there are no unnecessary items in the final bill. I also give them the list of dos & dont's in a small paper.

For the labour costs, do check using the calculator here.
Thanks for the suggestions BigBrad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Hemanth, is the Palace Cross Rajajinagar or Heserghatta? All the VW Service Centers in Bangalore typically do this. Never have appointments and by default never promise to return it the same day. If you push hard enough, they magically turn it around in one day.

Bad luck with the extra charges.
Rajajinagar. Thank you so much, will help a lot for the next visits.

All said and done, the service work quality is definitely not bad. This money making attitude is what leaves a bad taste in the end.
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2017, 17:16   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

Last 3 days I've recieved at least 6 calls and 2 emails from VW pune and the local dealership apologising me for the last service experience. The service centre also offered a free wash. I just told them that it's of no use apologizing now and just for the sake of a free wash, I won't drive 15kms one way. All i would want is a better experience next time. They've promised me that and hopefully it becomes a reality next time.
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2017, 21:30   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

One update i missed posting here.
On 12th october the car crossed the 16K mark. The first landmark captured on my new Samsung Galaxy Note 8
We Two, Ours Two - Alto K10 AMT for my wife, Polo GT TSI for me-20171013_074111_001.jpg
Sweet Sixteen

Talking of numbers, during my hyderabad trip, i got the best FE so far.
We Two, Ours Two - Alto K10 AMT for my wife, Polo GT TSI for me-20171002_121750.jpg
This 17.6 was over a 400kms drive with the cruise control set at 90kmph

Last edited by Aditya : 24th October 2017 at 08:15. Reason: Correcting image orientation
hemanth.anand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th October 2017, 16:37   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

Paid a traffic violation challan a few minutes ago. I was caught for overspeeding on the ORR near Nagarabhavi. I was so confident that I'm within the limits that I headed straight to the interceptor vehicle even after seeing it although I could've hidden myself behind other vehicles infront of me.
We Two, Ours Two - Alto K10 AMT for my wife, Polo GT TSI for me-img20171027wa0035.jpg
If only I knew that I would encounter such strict officers with such low common sense(speed limit was 60kmph for people who don't know). No amount of discussions helped.

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 27th October 2017 at 16:40.
Old 27th October 2017, 16:46   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Paid a traffic violation challan --
If only I knew that I would encounter such strict officers with such low common sense(speed limit was 60kmph for people who don't know). No amount of discussions helped.
Not to make you feel bad more but once I was stopped in US for a driving 2 mph more than the speed limit. I tried to reason with the officer saying that the limit was less but all she said was "Sir, there is a reason why the afore mentioned speed limit is mentioned. And there is a reason why it is called the limit and it is the upper limit unless otherwise mentioned". I didn't have any answer and had to pay up.

The officer might have recently been on a similar overseas trip and got inspired.
TorqueyTechie is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2017, 09:07   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

The GT has been munching up miles at a brisk pace.

We Two, Ours Two - Alto K10 AMT for my wife, Polo GT TSI for me-17000_20171029_180523.jpg
17K in the last week of October

We Two, Ours Two - Alto K10 AMT for my wife, Polo GT TSI for me-18000_20171122_0734290.jpg
18K in the last week of November

Talking about the Alto, It has crossed 2k and is around 2500Kms.
Maruti dealers were pestering a lot in the begining of November to renew the Insurance After saying no many times, finally agreed since I got a good premium for renewal and it was a post dated cheque anyway. So got it done.
hemanth.anand is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th December 2017, 21:18   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

On 12th December, the car crossed 19k kms. We Two, Ours Two - Alto K10 AMT for my wife, Polo GT TSI for me-20171212_121423.jpg

With 12 more days to go to completing 1 year, the car will come close to 20000.

There was a wedding at home and my car was all decked up as it was the Bride's vehicle
We Two, Ours Two - Alto K10 AMT for my wife, Polo GT TSI for me-20171213_06505901.jpeg
Bride's Vehicle

We Two, Ours Two - Alto K10 AMT for my wife, Polo GT TSI for me-20171213_062558.jpg
For the love of GT

One other photo taken in the last week
We Two, Ours Two - Alto K10 AMT for my wife, Polo GT TSI for me-20171215_21524301.jpeg
If you don't turn back after you parked, you've bought a wrong car
hemanth.anand is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 19th December 2017, 23:29   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

With 12 more days to go to completing 1 year, the car will come close to 20000.
Congrats Hemanth on an 'Almost' fuss free anniversary with the GT

You seem to be pampering your stead, and knowing the sort of mods you had on your Punto, I'm sure you are just waiting to run down that VW Warranty. If you could manage 17" Rims on a puny 1.2 liter Punto, I am imagining 18" Rims on this 1.2 TSI in the pipeline.

Our photo-shoot has been pending for a very long time now, and I realized that when I read your post today!!

Quote:
If you don't turn back after you parked, you've bought a wrong car
Considering the way you have raced to 20K kms in a year, I would have also added:

If you bought a car without knowing your usage, you still have a wrong car

But this is GT TSI...and you can never go wrong with this German thoroughbred.

Last edited by Vik0728 : 19th December 2017 at 23:33.
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2018, 11:35   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

My car and I celebrated our Birthdays on the Christmas eve. What better way to celebrate than a trip. We went on a 1000Kms trip around the Western ghats with family and friends...couple of days in Sakaleshpura and a couple of days in Mangaluru.

We Two, Ours Two - Alto K10 AMT for my wife, Polo GT TSI for me-20171227_175842.jpg
The GT enjoying the Sunset

We Two, Ours Two - Alto K10 AMT for my wife, Polo GT TSI for me-20171227_180355.jpg
GT and City

During the trip the GT crossed the 20,000 Kms milestone too

We Two, Ours Two - Alto K10 AMT for my wife, Polo GT TSI for me-20171228_140227.jpg
20 grand

When it is about Birthdays, There should some be gifts isn't it?
I gifted my self a Samsung Gear S3 smartwatch and Gifted the GT a Nissan GTR wheel key chain with Brembo brake calipers

We Two, Ours Two - Alto K10 AMT for my wife, Polo GT TSI for me-20180103_110502.jpg
Gear S3

We Two, Ours Two - Alto K10 AMT for my wife, Polo GT TSI for me-20180103_110000.jpg
Nissan GTR wheel with Brembo calipers

In our trip, there were many kids (8 in total). 4 of them were above 4 years wereliterally fighting with each other to sit in my GT.
We had a tough time to make them sit in turns. During one certain stretch, a Kid who had motion sickness (Which I came to know afterwards) threw up badly on the front passenger seat. So On the new year's eve, the GT also got a Interior Germkleen treatment at 3M

We Two, Ours Two - Alto K10 AMT for my wife, Polo GT TSI for me-20171230_131324.jpg
Foam

We Two, Ours Two - Alto K10 AMT for my wife, Polo GT TSI for me-20171230_132200.jpg
Germkleen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Congrats Hemanth on an 'Almost' fuss free anniversary with the GT
Thanks *Touchwood*

Quote:
You seem to be pampering your stead, and knowing the sort of mods you had on your Punto, I'm sure you are just waiting to run down that VW Warranty. If you could manage 17" Rims on a puny 1.2 liter Punto, I am imagining 18" Rims on this 1.2 TSI in the pipeline.
The plan is at least to complete the warranty before taking up any mods.

Quote:
Considering the way you have raced to 20K kms in a year, I would have also added:

I knew the usage. Ameo Diesel DSG came to my mind. But I couldn't imagine myself driving that not-so-good-looking car.

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 3rd January 2018 at 12:00.
Old 3rd January 2018, 11:45   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post

Its one of those cars which makes you wake up early on a Sunday and go on a long drive. The reverse is also true, a boring car and he probably would have not done so many kilometres with it.

Quote:
During the trip the GT crossed the 20,000 Kms milestone too

...I knew the usage. Ameo Diesel DSG came to my mind. But I couldn't imagine myself driving that not-so-good-looking car.
Congrats on the year + 20k km mark. Time just flies by. Great to see you pampering the car as usual.

Seeing your odo, makes me happy - I'm not the only lunatic to drive a petrol hatch when a diesel car would have been far more economical.
blackwasp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2018, 11:50   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

Alto K10 1 year Update:
Not to forget the Alto K10, it also celebrated it's Birthday along with me and my GT. And what gift did it get? it's last free service

There were 3 A.S.S near my home and I got calls from all three (irritating to a certain extent) I told that I'll come and drop the vehicle. I took it to the closest one (Mandovi) and dropped it on Friday (29th) morning. The car had only run 3000Kms. But yet I asked him to go ahead with the oil change and it had completed 1 year. Apart from that Air filter and AC filter was to be replaced. I was given an estimate of 1500. In the afternoon around 3pm, I got a call that the vehicle is ready and the bill was 1300 Rs. I was outside and told them that I would collect it by 6PM. However due to unusual traffic, I was caught up in traffic. So I asked them to drop the vehicle which they did. The car was also washed well. No issues, no complaints, nothing much to add.

What I liked about Maruti Suzuki is that while accepting the vehicle, they photos of the vehicle form all sides using a tab.
Also After taking the vehicle, they dropped me back to my home in an Ertiga (5Kms).

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 3rd January 2018 at 11:53.

Most Viewed