Team-BHP - My bronze beast - Toyota Innova Crysta GX Automatic
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   My bronze beast - Toyota Innova Crysta GX Automatic (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/184696-my-bronze-beast-toyota-innova-crysta-gx-automatic-2.html)

The new Innova definitely looks better, except for the tail lamps, while feature packed. What I'm worried though is the inflated price tag! Is this vehicle really worth the 2.7M? I feel we're paying double the cost for the sake of service & reliability!

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitinbose (Post 4204687)
The new Innova definitely looks better, except for the tail lamps, while feature packed. What I'm worried though is the inflated price tag! Is this vehicle really worth the 2.7M? I feel we're paying double the cost for the sake of service & reliability!

It is expensive but not to the extent as we think. The XUV and Hexa make Innova look costlier. On the other hand when you see decades old Storme/Scorpio costing 19-20 lacs, Tata Xenon costing 13 lacs, Tiguan costing 41 lacs:eek:, Innova does seem okay. When you compare with XUV/Hexa it is plain jane but in return you get a T-Badge. We still see Innova as a 10-12lac vehicle and forget the fact that a ZDi Dzire will cost you upwards of 10lac now.

Excellent !! Very well written and detailed. What is the price difference between GX AT and ZX AT ?

Wish you and the family lots of safe driving.

Other accessories opted by us were the rear bike protector (to protect the rear from rash bikers)

Interesting to note that Toyota is offering an accessory to protect its 'beast' from humble bikers.
Actually, it is the Innovas (mostly driven as taxis) which are a threat to bikers. A number of times, while riding in the extreme left lane, I have been chased down by the beastly drivers of these people movers who come behind you with horns blaring and lights flashing.
That said, congrats on your new buy and many years of safe driving

Excellent review and thanks for the mention mate!! Attention to detail is something I always admire in all reviews and this one is no different.

Even if you ask my friends , the few things they would say about me is, introvert, car lover and introvert. None of them know that I am a team bhp member.
stupid:

Agree that Toyota has increased the Innova's prices too much, but even the XUV 500 which was a sub 20 lakh car, now costs 21-22 lakhs in some states. So can't really blame Toyota here. Its a trend in our market and a very irritating one at that.

Even I am planning to update my silver sprinters review in the coming days.

Keep us updated about your car,
Regards,
Vishy

Excellent work, Karthi! A lovely 'composition' that would have fetched you a cent percent in your class. That said this review is a 'class' apart!

Well written owner's review. One of the few who is actually written a balanced, honest review of an investment made.
I love Bronze; i am past that way of thought when dust settling on my car doesn't look nice. Good choice.
if possible, Can you show the pictures of how you strap yourself with the seatbelt mounted above? - I feel it is safety hazard.
I thought of going for the Innova (Manual) but when the prices were released; I felt it was just not worth my budget. I don't want every penny to count but for me, there is a lot of things Toyota missed.
ICE: I always prefer company ICE though they may not be as good as after market. My reason is that company does a better job in terms of fitting. I have experienced both sides.

i am sure your kids love the Innova.

Happy driving!

Quote:

Originally Posted by karthi.stark (Post 4153230)
Who am I?

You ask this question a couple of times a year; keep asking it often and rest assured that you will have a very interesting life.

Kudos to you on a wonderfully compiled report. That you had the patience to slog it out for three months to give the report a final shape speaks volumes about your maturity. I hope you will someday pen down the process that enabled you to get this report to go live.

Your words defy your age. Please take a bow!

You and vishy76 represent the rare silver lining in the otherwise cloudy climate of today's education. Keep writing.
Quote:

Originally Posted by vishy76 (Post 4204911)
None of them know that I am a team bhp member.

Keep it that way. Its a bad world out there. Not many can appreciate your passion for cars or your obsession with this forum. Let your talent not be a hindrance to your leading a normal life.

Hey Karthi,
Great write-up of the Innova Crysta AT.

After Your review, I too wanted to consider changing my current Vento 1.6 TDi (2011 model) for the GX Crysta AT.

Please continue to add more thoughts regarding the Crysta AT.
As "dailydriver" rightly said, Your words really defies Your age. Please take a bow Karthi !

Hope You get to the driver seat as soon as possible !

Regards,
Arun
Bangalore

Quote:

Originally Posted by M00M (Post 4204770)
Excellent !! Very well written and detailed. What is the price difference between GX AT and ZX AT ?

Wish you and the family lots of safe driving.

Thank you for the wishes sir.

The price difference between the GX AT and the ZX AT is around 6L INR.
GX AT 7 STR on road price: Rs 20,85,952
ZX AT 7 STR on road price: Rs 27,01,413
Difference: Rs 6,15,461

GX AT 8 STR on road price: Rs 20,91,515
ZX AT 7 STR on road price: Rs 27,01,413
Difference: Rs 6,09,898

(source: cardekho)
(all prices are for the city of Bangalore)

Average price difference: Rs 6,12,679.5 (Say Rs 6L)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olympal (Post 4204868)
Actually, it is the Innovas (mostly driven as taxis) which are a threat to bikers. A number of times, while riding in the extreme left lane, I have been chased down by the beastly drivers of these people movers who come behind you with horns blaring and lights flashing.

I agree with you on this sir. Well, not only the Innova Taxi drivers, but all the taxi drivers do the same thing. Even I have experienced this a number of times. Everyday in the evening, while bicycling, these restless taxi drivers honk and flash lights, asking me to move aside even though there is no place towards my left!

The thing is these guys want to reach their destination as fast as possible. For that purpose, they drive rashly, shove bikers and bicyclers aside and even skip signals! Well, we cannot do anything about it, can we? :)

Quote:

Excellent review and thanks for the mention mate!! Attention to detail is something I always admire in all reviews and this one is no different.

Thanks buddy!
Even your silver sprinter's review is no different!

Quote:

Even if you ask my friends , the few things they would say about me is, introvert, car lover and introvert. None of them know that I am a team bhp member.

High Five buddy!

Forget being a part of Team-BHP, in my case, many of them don't even know that I'm a car lover.(except one) :uncontrol
If I ask my friends what their dream car is, the only answers I get are the Lamborghinis, the Bugattis and the Paganis. No one would come up with a Fortuner, or an Endeavour or even an Elantra!

Well, that's the world right now buddy. We can't do much about it.

Quote:

Agree that Toyota has increased the Innova's prices too much, but even the XUV 500 which was a sub 20 lakh car, now costs 21-22 lakhs in some states. So can't really blame Toyota here. Its a trend in our market and a very irritating one at that.

I agree with you on this. Nowadays, most car manufacturers first launch a good product, create trust among the minds of the citizens and then increase the price significantly after a while or during the launch of a facelift. Toyota leads from the front in this trend. It is seen in the case of the Innova as well as the New Fortuner.

And it just seems to work for them. Though the average person considers a facelift expensive, he/she still goes for the product due to the trust created in their minds by the previous gen product.

For example, let's take the example of the Innova Crysta.
Response from critics and the Average Joe at the time of launch: A good product, but expensive for its standard.
Comment on Sales: Excellent

The new Fortuner:
Response from critics and the Average Joe: Expensive for its standard.
Comment on sales: Good, but not excellent as the Innova Crysta. Reason? Because the Crysta also offers an AT.

The same is true for other brands as well!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boomerang (Post 4205084)
Well written owner's review. One of the few who is actually written a balanced, honest review of an investment made.

if possible, Can you show the pictures of how you strap yourself with the seatbelt mounted above? - I feel it is safety hazard.

Thank you for the complements Sir!

Sir, you could refer to this image of the same seat belt present in the new Fortuner:
http://www.team-bhp.com/carpics/2016...ortuner-22.jpg

Now, I really haven't used that seatbelt a lot so can't really comment on the safety. Experts' opinion??

Very nice review. I've a soon to be 10yr old / 97Kkm Innova that has been an absolute gem on highways (90% NH7 between Bangalore and Coimbatore!) and been pondering about changing the car. I didn't like the captains seats on 2nd row of Innova then, didn't like it in Crysta either - feels a bit low on underthigh support; bench seats are way too comfortable and with children, it is a mandatory requirement for me - toys are generally on the seat and they don't sit quietly anyway in a captain's chair :D

Checked out ZX AT, but discarded it exactly for the reasons your dad mentioned. Only the side curtain airbags are useful for me; may be the better headlights too.

Your review is pushing me again towards Innova as an upgrade option...

Please do keep writing your updates - content and the language was a pleasure.

OMG Karthi, what an amazing review for your age! I bet your parents are mighty proud, way to go and keep writing. You've such a very bright future ahead, be sure to stay footed.

Innova gives you - ultimate comfort and unparalleled peace of mind. And Toyota knows a thing or two on how to make their money. IMHO, it's nothing less than a rip-off when it comes to pricing.

Very nicely written and depicted. Especially, the ICE pictures and nifty insights. Just so you know, the Scorpio also has the option of captain seats in the middle row with forward facing bench rear seat. Nevertheless, the Innova Crysta is a better suited vehicle for families in terms of luggage carrying capacity, ergonomics and high speed stability. I know this for a fact because we have a Mahindra Xylo and it is suffice to say that high speed stability or even body roll in general is pathetic. In fact, the only reason we bought the car was 3rd row of seats, which, even today cannot be bested by any other car. Coming on to teenagers, you're definitely not alone.

Well done, mate!
Mrityunjay (16) :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by karthi.stark (Post 4205407)
Thank you for the wishes sir.

Average price difference: Rs 6,12,679.5 (Say Rs 6L)

I find the Innova Crysta ridiculously expensive but then because there is no other option or competitor you have to pay for it and Toyota India just milks it like crazy. No other company in India is so profitable running their business just on 2 main products and 3 dud / slow moving products.

I have used the current gen innova extensively and find the new one much more better but find that the plastic quality is not up there with the price that it commands.

The speakers are terrible to say as well.

It is not worth 7 lac difference but if you want 7 airbags unfortunately you have to pay for it. its like a lac for each airbag. haha .lol:

Have fun with the van and keep the updates coming.

Congratulations on owning the beast! Excellent and very detailed review, wishing you many happy miles!

The Crysta is a huge step up from the the previous Innova, but it does sound very expensive. 6 lacs is quite a large difference between the GX and ZX, and for the differences in features I think you (and your father) made the right decision of going in for the GX variant.