Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2017, 22:37   #1
BHPian

My 2017 Mercedes C220d Avantgarde - Wows every time you step in

After a good 3 month of online research , multiple visits to multiple showrooms and numerous test drives - We bought home the Mercedes C220d Avantgarde 3 edition.

A luxury car buyer today is spoilt for choices, with a wide variety of options and price points to chose from - there is a car for every 2 lakh increment in price point in the Rs. 30-50 Lakh price range. I realized the depth of this when I actually started writing this thread with the usual "Buying Experience & Short lists section", which turned out to be so large that I decided to keep this thread to just a review and insight in to the Mercedes C Class (W205 ) and maybe post the entire buying experience and my test drive feedbacks separately

So here it goes

What I like the best
  • Looks, feels and drives like a sporty luxury car - all the way.
  • Feels wonderful to drive - brilliant steering feel, smooth and powerful engine, well tuned suspension setup and amazing brakes.
  • Loaded with technology and gizmos. The guy auto parallel parks himself !
  • Well specced cabin - keeps every one happy. Panoramic sunroof, dual zone AC , brilliant music system and switchable ambient lighting.
  • Love the "Drive Select" & Paddle shifters , especially in sport+ mode.
  • Makes me grin when there is even a small stretch of traffic free road

What I don't like that much
  • Small niggles on a brand new vehicle, with not so great service handling - details below
  • 7G tronic+ gearbox hesitates that teeny extra bit in eco or comfort mode
  • Infotainment system is slow compared to the ordinary ones that 10L rupee cars have !
  • Post purchase experience - German brands need to orient themselves to customers better and make them feel special - I thought Mahindra did a better job when I bought the XUV 5 years ago !

Exteriors

Love the proportions. Long bonnet , swooping rooflines that merge in to the boot in an almost coupe like form. This is my personal favourite angle.
My 2017 Mercedes C220d Avantgarde - Wows every time you step in-main.jpeg

Cavansite Blue : Looks like black when viewed in shade , but gleams a beautiful & deep blue when it catches light at an angle
My 2017 Mercedes C220d Avantgarde - Wows every time you step in-main-2.jpg

Another angle where the light catches and brings out the color very well
My 2017 Mercedes C220d Avantgarde - Wows every time you step in-front-view1.jpeg

Love the front-end design and the integrated 3 star. Internationally there is an alternative variant with a more "traditional" finish. My 2017 Mercedes C220d Avantgarde - Wows every time you step in-front-facia.jpg

One of the flip-sides of a darker color is that some of the detailing of air vents are lost when you view the bumpers from a distance.
My 2017 Mercedes C220d Avantgarde - Wows every time you step in-front-bumpers.jpg
Notice the bottom most aluminum highlight : There is a skid plate like structure under that , my guess it does some aerodynamic work and also probably protects the engine.

And the other significant part of the front face - the beautiful headlight design.
My 2017 Mercedes C220d Avantgarde - Wows every time you step in-lights-dark.jpg

An all LED Lighting system - DRLs, Low/Main beams & Indicators. No Fog Lamps though, the LEDs offer good lateral spread and light up places that fog lamps usually do
My 2017 Mercedes C220d Avantgarde - Wows every time you step in-lights-daytime.jpg

The bonnet has some subtle sculpting with a sharp crease bang in the center. Creates a nice view when you sit behind the wheels and makes you feel like you know how long the bonnet really is. In my opinion this adds a lot to confidence when driving in stop go traffic.
My 2017 Mercedes C220d Avantgarde - Wows every time you step in-bonnet.jpg

A closer look at the side profiles and the alloy wheels. The Avantgarde trim comes with 17"s and a design that Mercedes calls twin spoke. Collects a ton of break dust every week
My 2017 Mercedes C220d Avantgarde - Wows every time you step in-alloys.jpg

The side profile extends the same flowing design language from the front - lots of curves, and sheet metal bent in to concave and convex forms - dark colors hide a lot of it unless you stand in the right light.
My 2017 Mercedes C220d Avantgarde - Wows every time you step in-side-profile.jpg

The window liners aren't actually chrome , but polished aluminum - something that I think looks more "cooler" than chrome. The same liner is there near the bottom of the chassis as well.

The roof is all black - mostly due to the panoramic sunroof.
My 2017 Mercedes C220d Avantgarde - Wows every time you step in-roof.jpg

The boot just wears the model number C220d & the three pointed star.
My 2017 Mercedes C220d Avantgarde - Wows every time you step in-boot.jpg
My 2017 Mercedes C220d Avantgarde - Wows every time you step in-boot2.jpg

Made to look like there is twin exhaust, but really isn't . Instead there is a diffuser in black.
My 2017 Mercedes C220d Avantgarde - Wows every time you step in-boot3.jpg
My 2017 Mercedes C220d Avantgarde - Wows every time you step in-diffuser-underbody.jpg

Pretty good underbody protection. The suspension is setup for India, but its no Maruti , so do expect to scrape a few if you don't drive right.
My 2017 Mercedes C220d Avantgarde - Wows every time you step in-underbody-protection-all-around.jpg

Finishing of the exteriors with this final pic. Every time I look at the car, it wows me - of-course, darker shade and dusty city means I need to dust it daily for 5 mins before driving away.
My 2017 Mercedes C220d Avantgarde - Wows every time you step in-front-3.jpg

Last edited by redindian : 4th March 2017 at 22:57.
redindian is offline   (55) Thanks
Old 4th March 2017, 22:59   #2
BHPian

re: My 2017 Mercedes C220d Avantgarde - Wows every time you step in

Great review! Could you tell me some more about your trim and how it differs from the Cs, please?
Old 4th March 2017, 23:49   #3
BHPian

The classiest car in it's segment. Even a C-Class feels like a private jet. Commendable job by Mercedes. Have a GLA and can vouch for it's craftsmanship (even though it's one of the cheapest Mercedes you can buy). Congratulations!

Could you tell us why you went with this over the BMW 3 Series?

Last edited by The Brutailer : 4th March 2017 at 23:53.
The Brutailer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2017, 00:02   #4
BHPian

Interiors

If the exterior of the car is wow, the Interiors takes it to a whole different level. Its spacious, airy and filled with elements that make you feel special every time you sit in. Mercedes doesn't offer choice of interiors distinct from exterior like BMW - so you either get a Sliver color car with black interiors or a silken beige with black dual tone, if you pick any other color.

Dual tone interior, with a brushed aluminum finish and a burled walnut wooden trim.
My 2017 Mercedes C220d Avantgarde - Wows every time you step in-interior-1.jpg
To me , there are three distinct elements in the interiors that I am very impressed with and that really swung my decision to go for the C class.

1. The flowing center console & Multi function steering wheel

This is a true highlight of the C class. In-fact , after looking at the previous generation model - I think this easily is the single biggest improvement area that Mercedes engineers seem to have focussed on.
My 2017 Mercedes C220d Avantgarde - Wows every time you step in-center-console-trim.jpg
The console starts with a stick-on-display that is crisp and works really well in bright sunlight. Three classy AC vents that make a very satisfying 'click' when you center them placed in a very easy to reach manner. There are enough direct access buttons for different menus and for the dual zone climate control and the infotainment system along with an analog clock. There is a new Touchpad-RotaryKnob combination system at the end of the console , along with direct access switches for some important functions like Star/Stop, Drive select and volume controls etc.

There is a push type "slow-motion opening" storage area that reveals 2 large cup holders and enough storage for your coins and other small items if you don't intend to use the ashtray

The steering wheel has controls for volume and phone , with voice access for Navigation that doesn't work in India . All windows get one-touch up and down and the knobs feel really well built . The brushed aluminium inserts add a nice sporty feel to the wheel and it feels good to hold as well. Typical european knob type headlamp switchgear, with electric park brake switch on the right side corner.
My 2017 Mercedes C220d Avantgarde - Wows every time you step in-interior-buttons.jpg
The door pad hosts the electric seat adjustment, but sadly no memory function ( the GLA and CLA have it ), but sine the car is driven exclusively by me , its not a big deal. The electric headrest adjustment switch is a dummy, you need to adjust the height and fore/aft on headrest manually. Steering wheel has both reach and tilt adjustment manually.

The center console ends with a dual-opening arm rest with decent amounts of storage , and access ports for the Ipod/USB connections.
My 2017 Mercedes C220d Avantgarde - Wows every time you step in-arm-rest-rear-vents.jpg
Rear passengers get a small cubby hole with a 12V charging port.

2. The panoramic sunroof
This is the second biggest attraction of the C class' cabin and specific to the higher Avantgarde variant .

I used to think of the sunroof has a gimmick than no-one will ever use and wondered why people went gaga over it. Until, I experienced the panoramic sunroof on the C class. The amount of light and feeling of space it creates when you just roll black the blinds of the panoramic sunroof is mind blowing.
My 2017 Mercedes C220d Avantgarde - Wows every time you step in-panoramic-sunroof.jpeg
The advantage of having a panoramic roof is that all passengers get the benefit of light and airiness. It just makes the driving experience that much more enjoyable when you are cruising at a sedate pace.

And on those slightly cooler days, when you can open the roof itself in bright daylight, the car feels a whole lot different !
My 2017 Mercedes C220d Avantgarde - Wows every time you step in-sunroof-1.jpg
Controls for the sunroof along with the cabin lights are situated at their regular place. The switch allows 3 different operations. 1. Open/Close the blinds 2. Put the sunroof in the ventilation mode 3. Roll back the sunroof.
My 2017 Mercedes C220d Avantgarde - Wows every time you step in-pr2.jpeg

3. The ambient lighting system

This is the third piece of the puzzle that makes the cabin that special place you don't want to get out off... especially in the evenings.
My 2017 Mercedes C220d Avantgarde - Wows every time you step in-ambient-lighting-1.jpg

The c220 Avantgarde didn't have ambient lighting on launch , that feature was reserved for the higher C250d variant. Mercedes India has been cleverly launching minor revisions and adding 1-2 small features in each, all done in a super silent manner - i.e. no announcement or press. The third iteration, called the Avantgarde 3 has this really cool ambient lighting feature.
My 2017 Mercedes C220d Avantgarde - Wows every time you step in-center-console-footwells.jpg
LED strips are used in multiple areas to create a really wow effect in the entire cabin. There are strips running along the door pad trims, in the center console , the foot wells and there is even 2 small led pilot lights in the roof that shine onto the center panel and create that mystical hue .
My 2017 Mercedes C220d Avantgarde - Wows every time you step in-door-pads-light.jpg

To top it up, the C class allows three selectable colors - A White, Orange and Blue in 5 different brightness levels.
My 2017 Mercedes C220d Avantgarde - Wows every time you step in-blue-ambient-lighting.jpg

That rounds up the interiors - intend to finish the review tomorrow with a few more topics.
Engine & Drive
Suspension & Steering
The Infotainment system
Technology Gizmos

Last edited by redindian : 5th March 2017 at 00:04.
redindian is offline   (38) Thanks
Old 5th March 2017, 09:42   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redindian View Post
After a good 3 month of online research , multiple visits to multiple showrooms and numerous test drives - We bought home the Mercedes C220d Avantgarde 3 edition.

A luxury car buyer today is spoilt for choices, with a wide variety of options and price points to chose from - there is a car for every 2 lakh increment in price point in the Rs. 30-50 Lakh price range. I realized the depth of this when I actually started writing this thread with the usual "Buying Experience & Short lists section", which turned out to be so large that I decided to keep this thread to just a review and insight in to the Mercedes C Class (W205 ) and maybe post the entire buying experience and my test drive feedbacks separately
What I don't like that much
[*] Post purchase experience - German brands need to orient themselves to customers better and make them feel special - I thought Mahindra did a better job when I bought the XUV 5 years ago !
Congratulations on your new wheels. Beautiful regal colour. May you enjoy many years of safe & happy driving with it. A few questions:

1. Can you tell more about the post purchase experience
2. Is the spare wheel set in a cavity in the dickey or does it sit on the top eating into luggage space

I am looking forward to your pre-buy research. Your observation on a choice for every Rs 2 lakhs from 30 to 50 is very interesting. I am in the market for a purchase in the 35 to 65 range and would be most keen to read your post on this. Thanks in advance for your efforts. Narayan
V.Narayan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2017, 11:47   #6
BHPian

The Drive

You don't buy these cars to sit in the back seat and enjoy the interiors. If you are going to be chauffeured more than 50% of the times then there are better vehicles than the C Class to consider at much lower price points ! I for one have never used a driver for my own car and hate being "driven" around, so the choice of what car definitely had the driving experience as one of the top criteria.

The general wisdom out there seems to be that if you want a driver's car, you go for the 3 series, and if you like being driven then you go for the C class. I started my consideration in the exact same way but realized what a great drive means different things for different people and your typical commute considerations go a long way in deciding the better driving machine for you.

To me, the C class' drive is a careful mix of two distinct personalities . I believe Mercedes engineers probably decided that refinement needs to be there 100% of the times and kept sporty driving as a nature only when you demand it. This is achieved by the combination of the engine, the suspension , a supremely calibrated steering & smooth gearbox.

The Engine

Mercedes shares the same 2.1l diesel power plant across a whole bunch of cars in different states of tune. The GLA & CLA get this same engine in a lower state of tune badged as c200 and puts out sub 140 hp of power. On the C class though you get 2 variants - a 400Nm/168hp engine in C220d and a 500Nm/200hp engine in C250d. I went for the C220 variant.

On paper, the 220 unit feels like its well underpowered compared to the 190hp on the 320d & the 185 hp on the new Audi A4. The Torque figures though are matched at 400 Nm between the BMW and Merc. Mercedes claims a 7.4s dash to 100 Kmph to BMWs 7.2s. Post 100 Kmph, the merc feels like it can pull close to the 320 and maybe even get ahead closer to the 200 Kmph mark. Of-course, I did all of this craziness on the test drive car and not on my own - want to run it in properly

My 2017 Mercedes C220d Avantgarde - Wows every time you step in-engine.jpg
The engine bay is super cleanly laid out. Bonnet gets hydraulic strut. No battery in the engine bay - its placed in the boot. The red colored, battery terminal like plastic on the right side is for jump starting I believe .

Start the engine and there is a very refined purr. You can definitely make out on the outside that its a diesel engine. No doubt on that! But close the door and on the inside you are left wondering what fuel you actually use. Its that refined.
The engine is a no-fuss every day performer that is super smooth in day-to-day commute in the crazy bangalore traffic. When you get small openings, you need to just slightly nudge the throttle and off you go in to high double digits speeds before you need to brake again.

Mercedes also uses an intelligent start/stop system - that gets a bit getting used to. The good part about this system is that, both the stop and start happen so smoothly - no shudders like I had in the XUV or even like the new 320d. It's almost unperceivable if you are playing music. The system restarts on its own if any of the variety of trigger conditions happen like the AC temp not being cold enough or if the battery starts discharging faster etc.

The only annoyance with the start/stop system is that it's so tightly coupled to the transmission unit that it switches off the instant you come to a stand still and you are in gear - this means it will Stop the engine a 100 times in stop&go traffic and I some how feel that's going to ruin the battery life quickly or maybe even the starter motor. I keep it switched off when I enter extremely slow, but moving traffic where I know I will be stand still only for a second or two before having to move 10 meters. I activate this system again when I enter normal driving situations and let the system switch off at signals or intersections where I need to wait usually 30 seconds or more.

The Transmission & Steering

Mercedes has moved the transmission lever to the steering column. They call it "Direct Select" and I must say, I am very big fan of this layout. It's more intuitive to flip the gear level with a finger than use the left hand, avoid kids accidentally touching it and frees up a lot of space in the center console for storage.

My 2017 Mercedes C220d Avantgarde - Wows every time you step in-transmission-paddles.jpg

The C Class also gets paddle shifters standard on all trims and you can use them when you feel the need to be a bit more connected to the drive. More about the paddle shifters in a later section. The steering wheel itself is a delight to hold and feels chunky at the right places while being compact and nimble when you spin it around. Its a electric unit and not a true hydraulic one, but that allows for a whole bunch of electronics to be wired in and do so much more wizardry. Apart from weighing up nicely with speeds, the steering in these cars also do mid corner weight corrections using some clever software algorithms. The C Class in addition has a few more interesting steering features that I will cover in a separate tech section.

I personally prefer the steering feel of the C class compared to the new 320d ( F30 LCI) where I thought there was a prominent dead spot in the center. The C on the other hand felt like the steering is almost directly connected to the wheels. I am probably the only one to say this

The C220d uses a 7 speed, torque converter auto box labelled 7G tronic plus. Incidentally the C250d uses a 9G tronic unit that is also standard on the new E class. The 7G Tronic Plus is used even on the S class and the Maybach - that should tell you that mercedes doesn't want to compromise even one bit when it comes to equipping the C's drive.

The thing about the 7G tronic is that it's tuned for refinement and efficiency in my opinion. The car hardly even lurches or gets caught in the wrong gear when you are in traffic and keep changing speeds from 15 Kmph to 85 Kmp every few minutes. It's super smooth unlike any other auto transmission I have driven before including the CVTs, the DSGs & 8 Speed ZF that does duty on the 320.

This is undoubtedly the smoothest and most refined box - until you want it to be sporty and that's when this box lets you down that little bit. There is a slight hesitation to down-shift when you are in comfort mode and don't push the pedal to kickdown ( essentially floor the accelerator to a point beyond a mechanical resistance that tells the box that you want all the help you can get ). Floor the throttle in comfort and you will feel the gearbox caught out of its zone with what to do and then you feel the slushy feeling of the torque converter unit. This is one area, I wish mercedes did a bit more tuning to aim for the 3 Series level.

After the first 500 Kms of driving , I have realized that you need to use this box in conjunction with the Drive Select to properly extract the sportiness you want. But in everyday driving, you won't feel the gear shifts at all and won't think twice about giving the BMW's 8 speed unit a miss.

Drive Select & Suspension

Now to the very interesting part. It's really hard to tune a car that you can drive in traffic smoothly but can also give you the performance boost when you need it. All the luxury cars implement some version of a driving selection mode to achieve this - hell, even the Zest has one.

Mercedes calls its "Drive Select" and allows you to select between 5 different modes. In the india specific C class variants - this alters engine maps, throttle response, shift points for the transmission, steering feel & even controls how to run the climate control.

You can cycle thru Economy -- Comfort -- Sports -- Sports+ -- Individual
My 2017 Mercedes C220d Avantgarde - Wows every time you step in-drive-select-collage.jpg
The C offers a beautiful single switch with dual-direction toggles (Up or Down the modes) for drive select as opposed to a multi-toggle that a lot of others use( keep pressing to keep cycling thru kind, incidentally even the CLA uses this kind. The BMW uses two switches I guess.)

In Individual, you can configure the drive to allow manual gear shifts all the time. Mercedes has done a very clever implementation in this mode. The car will still allow you to hold the gear as long as you want before it upshifts, but if you slow down to stall speeds, it automatically downshifts to a lower gear, but still keeps it in manual mode - i.e. it won't upshift back. So it's sort of a "Manual upshift, but auto downshift" kind of mode. This down-shifting happens not only for stalling but even in kickdown conditions I guess.

Put the car in sport or sports+ mode and that's when you realize that 22 hp lower than the BMW doesn't mean you have to be slower in dash ! These modes activate a different engine map, change the shift points of the transmission, weight up the steering for a more sporty/direct feel - but most importantly, I think they alter the throttle response to a level of perfection that allows you use your feet so much more in modulating the car. Its not just about flooring the throttle, but those subtle modulations that make you get the sporty drive. The C class available in India, doesn't get ride control or airmatic suspension - so the drive select can't adjust the suspension, but I do think it changes braking characteristics a bit. Couple that with a tighter steering and higher speeds - you get the illusion of stiffer suspensions.

My daily commute has very well defined segments of good-road-and-low-traffic and bad-road-and/or-bad-traffic segments, and I use this almost on a daily basis and plaster a smile on my face when I get to those 2-3 Kms of pure driving bliss.

The C class gets very refined suspension that handles bad roads well, but is firm enough for higher speed driving on flat roads. Suspension height is good enough to avoid scraping most speed bumps, but you should watch your speed and slow down to a crawl for most big ones. There is always that occasional bad patch that you hit at a wrong speed that cause a nice crash into the cabin . Its no magic, you need to drive properly if you want to get a better ride , but for the most parts the suspension is a dream.
redindian is offline   (33) Thanks
Old 5th March 2017, 12:41   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats @redindian! That's a fabulous looking car. Thanks for taking time to write such a detailed review. I misread your thread title as "Woes" instead of "Wows" - out of habit - most of luxury car threads are about complaints
androdev is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2017, 15:52   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats @redindian. Have to agree with lots of the points you made on the New C. Even after it's been around for a while, it looks fresh and gives the feeling of being around something special.

Mercedes has really upped the game on interior quality. The GLC which I considered felt so much better on interiors than the competition including the X3 I eventually bought, and the 220d engine is a lot better on the road than it seems on paper, perhaps because it produces all 400 rpm at just 1350 rpm VS 1800 for the BMW.
Hayek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2017, 09:19   #9
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: My 2017 Mercedes C220d Avantgarde - Wows every time you step in

'WOW' indeed. Congrats on the C220!

Mercedes has truly nailed it on the design front....both outside & inside. Those interiors just bring a sense of occasion to every drive. This generation also offers more cabin space than the earlier cars. It allowed Mercedes to push the C-Class a little higher up the price band, and the long-wheelbase E-Class even higher.

Wish you many years of pleasurable ownership .
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th March 2017, 09:50   #10
Team-BHP Support

Congratulations! The C in my opinion, is one on the most sorted out design in the current Mercedes line-up. It looks modern and still have a very mature and elegant feel to it; something which is important for a graceful ageing. Only thing I don’t like about the C is the iPad like screen. They should have kept that design only for the FWD models (A, B, CLA and GLA).
Old 6th March 2017, 11:14   #11
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Redindian. The C is stately and mature looking with fantastic interiors. The Cavansite Blue does look really good.

Do you also get Garmin Pilot maps with your Avantgarde 3 model ?

Looks like they have added ambient lighting and illuminated door sills for the Avantagatde 3 variant.

What else are in the feature list ? How much more are they charging over the Avantgarde ?

Wishing you a safe and trouble free motoring.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2017, 12:44   #12
BHPian

Redindian - congratulations!. As with all Mercedez Benz cars, yours is elegant as can be. Its nice to see that Daimler has actually brought out multiple variants in India to cater to different price bands.

Wish you a safe and pleasurable driving experience for years to come!
Old 6th March 2017, 14:21   #13
BHPian

Congratulations Redindian on the C! Love the colour of your car - has a very deep richness to it - great colour choice!

BTW, I too am curious about why you felt that the C is a better driver's car than the 3 series. Like most others, I was under the impression that the 3 is a better driver's car. Would love to hear your thoughts behind this.

Enjoy your new drive

Best,
anandpkumar

Last edited by GTO : 6th March 2017 at 15:52. Reason: Typo
Old 6th March 2017, 16:19   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on the ride!

Having driven ours for close to 1700kms, I can relate to a lot of your points - especially the interiors and ambience which are a step above any of the competitors.

The engine though is one that I wouldn't want to comment on - there is no push or anything like you would get in a BMW, though it is very linear! Sat in a friends E90 320D, and the way it attained speeds was just incredible!

Some queries:
- Do you have excessive noise coming in from the underbody? For example when you go over a manhole, etc.?
- I find the ride in the C to be excessively bumpy! What tyres are you using, and tyre pressure?
- Want to hear about the niggles - my front passenger seatbelt warning started acting up within 2 months of ownership and was promptly rectified.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post
2. Is the spare wheel set in a cavity in the dickey or does it sit on the top eating into luggage space
The spare wheel sits in the dickey eating luggage space. Biggest con ever when planning out of town trips - which is a shame as the car truly shines on such trips, munching away miles effortlessly!

Last edited by lamborghini : 6th March 2017 at 16:37.
lamborghini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2017, 16:53   #15
Senior - BHPian

My 2017 Mercedes C220d Avantgarde - Wows every time you step in

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Congrats on the ride!

The engine though is one that I wouldn't want to comment on - there is no push or anything like you would get in a BMW, though it is very linear! Sat in a friends E90 320D, and the way it attained speeds was just incredible!

Some queries:
- Do you have excessive noise coming in from the underbody? For example when you go over a manhole, etc.?
- I find the ride in the C to be excessively bumpy! What tyres are you using, and tyre pressure?
- Want to hear about the niggles - my front passenger seatbelt warning started acting up within 2 months of ownership and was promptly rectified.

I have a W205 - C250d. I haven't noticed any underbody noise. Yes you will hear the suspension thud through if you hit a pothole at speed.

I have set 36 psi on all 4 Tyres and they seem alright. The stock tyres are Bridgestone Turanza RFTs.

Yes the acceleration is linear , but have to say that in sport+ and in kick down the car can be really quick. Not sure if it's down to the difference in torque and the gearbox between the two variants. Are you by any chance comparing it in comfort mode ?

Attachment 1615866

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 6th March 2017 at 17:03.

Most Viewed