Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2017, 01:01   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10]

Clocked more than 12,000 Kms in just about 6 months!

* #Monster is now ceramic coated
* Recent drive of 1586 kms to Goa was completed
* Front Brake Pads Replaced

Somewhere en-route to Goa, That gloss & reflections on the car after ceramic is simply outstanding!
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_3495.jpg

Detailed report of all of the above and some more details coming up soon..
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 16th September 2017, 11:13   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_maniac View Post
do u recommend a remap from pete's or any reputed tuner to get close to the 530 in terms of driving pleasure

Also can we retrofit the M'sport steering wheels with the paddle shifts for the 520.If it can be done can u share any information about the pricing and availability ??

Thanks in Advance.
Clear your inbox or PM me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Clocked more than 12,000 Kms in just about 6 months!

* #Monster is now ceramic coated
* Recent drive of 1586 kms to Goa was completed
* Front Brake Pads Replaced

Somewhere en-route to Goa, That gloss & reflections on the car after ceramic is simply outstanding!
Congrats buddy,
I haven't driven that much in more than a year of ownership, seems like you are enjoying her to bits.
All she needs now is a cross-country trip

Changed to OE pads?
#enzowho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2017, 19:45   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by #enzowho View Post
Congrats buddy,
I haven't driven that much in more than a year of ownership, seems like you are enjoying her to bits.
Haha, Indeed i am man, She is a riot to drive.

Quote:
All she needs now is a cross-country trip
It is on the cards, Probably a couple of years down the line, But not with this car for sure.

Quote:
Changed to OE pads?
Yeah, Love how progressive the stock pads are, Suits my driving style.
Old 19th September 2017, 18:51   #79
BANNED

Quote:
It is on the cards, Probably a couple of years down the line, But not with this car for sure.
Now that is interesting. Why not with this car?
Old 19th September 2017, 19:05   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Now that is interesting. Why not with this car?
Ill freely take her everywhere possible where i know the roads are good, She is a dream to drive & i really can't get enough of her, She is meant for the highways! For anywhere else where the road condition's aren't good, Ill think twice, I don't like when her belly touches anywhere, Add to that low profile tyres & chances of your alloys getting bent during a long trip to unknown routes are much more, Plus i haven't even purchased a spare wheel yet, Still counting on the tubeless tyres which are going well as of now, "Touch wood".

The heck it was a pain driving around in Mumbai after the monsoon, The amount of potholes & the size of them were crazy!
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th September 2017, 01:03   #81
Senior - BHPian

Ceramic Coated!

Well i was totally against it, Sole reason being the cost involved to get it done, I loved the hydrophobic effect the car has but no i would surely not spend 40-50k on the car for it.

Now, bhpian iliketurtles was itching to get his car polished, We were looking at different places where we could get it done and while even i was keen to see what kind of offer we get if we give the shop 2 cars together, Which got me thinking how about giving ceramic coating a shot? Giving in 2 car's together for it we were sure of striking a better deal.

First stop, Time to Shine
Well i liked the facility, Equipments and lights, Below is the picture of my car which i took from my 7 plus, Now let me tell you my car was totally dirty, It had just rained a little and stopped means the car had good layer of dust and mud stuck to it, BUT!

Look how the lighting above makes the car look, The guy there was giving us a demo on little part of the car, Lighting and proper photography makes a world of difference!
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_2308.jpg

Add to that, I did not like the quote we received at all, Introducing ourselves from Team-bhp & giving them 2 car's together too din't help, I got a quote of 45,000 INR, But what was the biggest bummer? Warranty of about 6 months only! So basically would i be paying 45k for 6 months ? Hell no, Even iliketurtles wasn't happy with a quote and we decided to move on.

I remember bhpian swanilerules telling me about the ceramic coating done on his car 4-5 months back, A quick call to him confirmed it was done at PMP car care & he quickly got the guy in authority Mr Sandesh in touch with me, He explained the process and everything that was possible over a call but he requested us to come down and have a chat to which we agreed.

Now, Just the next day Me along with bhpian iliketurtles went down to PMP car care and man i was pleasantly surprised to meet Mr Sandesh, Not only he is a Team-Bhp fan, But his true honesty, His dedication towards his work blew us away, He was super honest & frank enough to show us the products he uses and even the product costs! Not only that he gave us a very good deal & a Team-BHP discount & also confirmed the car will be like this for 4-5 years depending how we maintain it & would just need a 4 hour job of maintainence coat in every 6 months costing peanuts honestly!

So pay one time, And every 6 months pay an amount which is more than what i spend on my car wash in couple of months to make sure the car is as it is? Sounds too good to me.

What further confirmed my decision was when i saw swapniles ceramic coated octavia, I had seen the same car around 4-5 months back & it was all shining and new & here after around 4-5 months it was still the same! I was very impressed to see the octavia still shining the same way!

Here is the octavia
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_2337.jpg

Sealed the deal for us at PMP Car care & by the time we finalised Bhpian AjayS to decided to hop in and get his car coated!

Jetta which was coated first & man o man, Black & dark colours look the best! Pictures honestly don't do any justice.
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_2866-2.jpg
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_2919.jpg

530d Inside which is ready for delivery, Octavia which is already coated & 320d to be coated!
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_3250-2.jpg

I dropped the car and it would take them 2-3 days to get the work done, As soon as i left i got all the pictures of my car from every angle along with the photo of ODO running of the car

Now the work began and i was kept updated all the time! Man it feels good to know what's going on with your car every time the car is not with you, Following are some pictures during various process's they go through along with a couple of before and after pictures specially from the engine bay area.

Before
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_3130.jpg

After
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_3129.jpg

Before
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_3103.jpg

After
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_3114.jpg

Iron Decontamination process, Removal of brake dust from alloys & brake callipers

My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_3102.jpg
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_3109.jpg
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_3104.jpg

Interior Deep cleaning using 3M Germkleen
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_3138.jpg
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_3141.jpg

De-Greasing
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_3150.jpg
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_3152.jpg

Masking Procedure
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_3161.jpg
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_3155.jpg

2nd step in Paint correction process using dual action machine & foam pad
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_3168.jpg

Washing the car
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_3203.jpg
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_3199.jpg
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_3198.jpg

Applying ceramic coating & wiping
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_3326.jpg
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_3328.jpg
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_3336.jpg

Products used were Made in Germany or in Japan,
following post will include all the final pictures of the car.
Please note : I am in no way related to PMP car care, I have posted my experience so that it can also help others since i am super satisfied with their work and customer service, Plus you get a Team-BHP discount if your a member!
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 25th September 2017, 01:17   #82
Senior - BHPian

The amount of gloss, The reflection on the car! It is just superb! None of the pictures are edited or anything & still pictures don't do justice!

My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_3267.jpg

My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_3266.jpg

My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_3280.jpg

My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_3284.jpg

My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_3300.jpg

My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_3212.jpg

My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_3282.jpg

My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_3269.jpg

My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_3273.jpg

Both the car's are ceramic coated! The reflections & gloss!
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_3287.jpg

Video of the hydrophobic effect!

Apart from this, How easy it is to clean the car now, I am just amazed, Few drops of water and one swipe with a micro fibre cloth and regardless of it being dirt, mud, Bird droppings, It comes off instantly!

I was also given 2 micro fibre cloth, The car is totally new inside out! & man i am so happy with the work done.

Price paid : 30,000 INR, With every 6 months maintenance coat for a super cheap price the car would be the same for 4-5 years depending upon the up keep! I am more than happy with that.

Pricing depends from car to car, Depending upon how is the condition of the paint etc, Best to call up Mr Sandesh to get a quote on your car, Mention your a Team-BHP member and get a discount too!

Next update soon about the goa trips & yes more pictures to come soon...!

Last edited by Tanveer_2558 : 25th September 2017 at 01:21.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 25th September 2017, 11:11   #83
BHPian

The car definitely looks fab bro. Remember I had told you, Ceramic coat doesn't add any value on Korean and Japanese paints, however, on European level of paint finish, the Ceramic shines back like crazy. Two things help us, one 7-8 layer of paint and two, darker shade.

With little additional care now towards washing/wiping your car, this shine is bound to last for years. I am already nearing a year now. When we met, the ceramic coat on my car was already 8 months old.

Enjoy the beauty mate. Safe driving. Adding one pic that I managed to click when the work was on. & this one is my favorite

My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_2432.jpg

PS- In one of the pics you uploaded, the Octavia is tucked nicely behind your monster. It's as if, a 4 cylinder monster knows she's behind a big daddy of performance.
sawnilrules is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 25th September 2017, 11:12   #84
BHPian

Quote:
The amount of gloss, The reflection on the car! It is just superb! None of the pictures are edited or anything & still pictures don't do justice!
Pricing depends from car to car, Depending upon how is the condition of the paint etc, Best to call up Mr Sandesh to get a quote on your car, Mention your a Team-BHP member and get a discount too!
Told you, didnt I? Well, congratulation on getting a midlife refresh for your ride. Z germans are seriosly slow aging. By the way, How much the coating on Jetta costed?
Mission_PGPX is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th September 2017, 16:17   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawnilrules View Post
The car definitely looks fab bro. Remember I had told you, Ceramic coat doesn't add any value on Korean and Japanese paints, however, on European level of paint finish, the Ceramic shines back like crazy. Two things help us, one 7-8 layer of paint and two, darker shade.
Thanks man, Indeed she has transformed totally, Love how the germans look after this, I was sold when i saw your car at PMP that day.

Quote:
With little additional care now towards washing/wiping your car, this shine is bound to last for years. I am already nearing a year now. When we met, the ceramic coat on my car was already 8 months old.
Yes this is what struck me, I think your was around 7 months old when i saw it & still it was looking superb!

Quote:
Enjoy the beauty mate. Safe driving. Adding one pic that I managed to click when the work was on. & this one is my favorite
Let's do a drive soon! Thanks for the picture too.

Quote:
PS- In one of the pics you uploaded, the Octavia is tucked nicely behind your monster. It's as if, a 4 cylinder monster knows she's behind a big daddy of performance.
Haha totally!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_PGPX View Post
Told you, didnt I? Well, congratulation on getting a midlife refresh for your ride. Z germans are seriosly slow aging. By the way, How much the coating on Jetta costed?
Well yeah you did! Might come down to Gujarat soon, Come take a look at my car anytime!

You can find the info on the black jetta here,
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post4263380
Old 4th October 2017, 00:27   #86
Senior - BHPian

New Front Brake Pads.

Around 31,000 kms while returning from goa somewhere around pune, I Got the alert on idrive regarding the brake pads which were down to 1500 kms & i knew it was coming how so?

Sports + Manual mode, Enough said?
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_3785.jpg

Started getting quotes from several places & man i was amazed, All the way from 8,000 INR to 50000 INR! For the front brake pads, Everyone had their own story to tell, But i wasn't convinced, Called up BMW infinity worli to ask regarding the pricing & it took them 2 days to get the pricing quote which was around 40,000 INR, But they did not have any free slot for 3 weeks atleast, Reason? They had around 150 flooded cars in total to handle!

Had a word with dad regarding the pricing for the pads & he just said one thing, Send it to BMW regardless of the cost, Do you really want to risk it & save a few thousand bucks on such a crucial part of the car? Regardless of how authentic the other person is, Something that is done at an authorised service centre will always come along with a peace of mind & you can be sure of the part being 100% genuine.

Had a word with BMW Navnit Thane & they were ready to pick up the car tomorrow itself, Car was picked up & told to me the car would be ready early next day morning and i was fine with it, What came along the next day was a pleasant surprise when i got the final bill !

My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-screen-shot-20171004-12.19.59-am.png

Apparently my SA had loved the mods i had done on the car & somehow he managed to get a discount for me!
Cost would have been lesser by 4k If i had asked them to not perform the vehicle check, Car washing and some other minor things, But well thats fine.

The car was dropped at my place all cleaned inside out & with the idrive showing this,
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_3980.jpg

Will send the car to Navnit thane again next week for an oil change!

Last edited by Tanveer_2558 : 4th October 2017 at 00:57.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 4th October 2017, 01:40   #87
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Will send the car to Navnit thane again next week for an oil change!
You should have got the BSI pack, highly recommended for spirited drivers Just with a couple of brake/rotor changes, you will recover.

Quote:
pleasant surprise when i got the final bill
The reason for the lower bill can be the change of pads only and not rotors. Dealerships normally play safe, without checking car it's not possible for them to make out if rotors are also to be changed.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2017, 11:04   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
The reason for the lower bill can be the change of pads only and not rotors. Dealerships normally play safe, without checking car it's not possible for them to make out if rotors are also to be changed.
True the SA reason of loving your mods and putting in a request for a lower charge is something I find it hard to digest.
abs182 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2017, 12:45   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
You should have got the BSI pack, highly recommended for spirited drivers Just with a couple of brake/rotor changes, you will recover.
Quote i got for BSI, Date in bracket is till its valid with the total amount of kms,
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-screen-shot-20170419-3.11.26-pm.png

All i have spent is on an oil change & now front brake pads & next is another another oil change followed by the filters change at 40k kms, Adding the cost of everything still comes close to 1 lakh tops with my ODO being at 40k, Another 2.5 lakhs for the next 20k kms seems too much, All this is if i select the one with amount 350,520! & add to that i might just sell off the car before hitting 60k kms, Never know!

Quote:
But apparently Rotors itself cost around 40k, So even if they would have quoted me for me rotors + pads they should have given me a figure around 70-80k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abs182 View Post
True the SA reason of loving your mods and putting in a request for a lower charge is something I find it hard to digest.
Bhpian danish9797 with a 520d changed his front pads couple of days back, Though he had the BSI the pads would have costed him 35k & rotors 40k, I find it pretty weird to see them specially mention a 4.2 discount in the invoice for me, Well whatever the reason maybe, Who doesn't like discounts? & like i mentioned SA somehow he managed to get a discount for me.

Last edited by Tanveer_2558 : 4th October 2017 at 12:47.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2017, 12:51   #90
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I find it pretty weird to see them specially mention a 4.2 discount in the invoice for me, Well whatever the reason maybe, Who doesn't like discounts?
Ah, I have not seen the discount part, Yes this is definitely a service gesture, maybe to take care of the extra Jobs that they did and you agreed to pay but whatever reasons, surely feels nice

Quote:
Date in bracket is till its valid with the total amount of kms,
Looks they have increased prices again

We paid Rs 1,9 lac for 3 Year /40 K in October last Year for 730-D

Perhaps you could have gone with 5 Year- 60 K, that looks to be most VFM for someone who drives less but passionately, let's see how much you spend on Brakes in total
Attached Thumbnails
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-screen-shot-20171004-12.54.40-pm.png  

Attached Images

Last edited by Turbanator : 4th October 2017 at 13:09.
Turbanator is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed