Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2017, 11:46   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
I am thinking more extreme this time, How about Singapore ?
Sounds like a good plan. We can warm up by driving to Bora Bora, the restaurant in Andheri.
iliketurtles is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2017, 23:08   #62
Senior - BHPian

She goes out almost every night, When most of the city goes to bed, When the road's are empty, When its quite outside for you to hear the engine with your windows rolled down.

And now many er times, This one join's in too
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_2176.jpg
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_2175.jpg

Some more mods,

CF Spoiler
There are many types of spoiler for the F10's, From really subtle ones to really in your face ones, I found these M3 Style ones to be perfect! Not very subtle not very loud, Plus the design that they carry (Which is hard to spot in photo's) Is something i really like! The rear end of the car is now i feel complete! CF Spoiler compliments the CF diffuser well i feel.
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_2520.jpg

Dual Slat Grill :
I had to get rid of the chrome grill, Painting them wasn't something i wanted to do, I wanted the dual slat ones for sure, However there are around 16 type of grill's for the F10 ! How would you select one from it! Glossy, Matt, Carbon Fibre, Matt + CF, How would you select one! I went it for the Dual Slat Glossy with Painted M Strips, I also had a metal M badge lying around, And then i thought, Well why not experiment a bit?

Please note : To remove the stock grill, You'll have to remove the bolts of the front bumper, Slide your hand inside the bumper and unplug the brackets of the grill's from inside, This is the proper way to do instead of the "Shortcut
" method by simply pulling the grill from outside, That will surely chip off the paint nearby,
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_2575.jpg

Tar brush fitting
There are just 2 places in the car where some exposed wires in the car can be seen, Well, I got them wrapped with a super strong tape and then got 2 tar brushes fitted on each side making both the place 100% secure, No rat dropping of any kind spotted, Have been using tar brushes in my cars since more than 5 years now, Never ever i had an issue with rats with the tar brushes installed! Spread the word!

My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_2514.jpg
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_2519.jpg

Upcoming mods planned as of now :

While the mirror caps will already reach me in a couple of days, I am not very sure when and how the other planned mods would take place,

1. CF M Style Replacement Mirror Cover
2. CF Front Lip
3. New Tyres
4. Super Sprint Exhaust System
5. Remap

Maybe even this?
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_2604.jpg

I still haven't clicked proper photos post adding both the grill & the CF spoiler, The car is visiting the service centre this weekend, The oil change on the idrive shows just 600kms to change (I had changed it just 4,000 kms back) Even the oil level shows to be around 10% low, Just like the last time they will just reset the idrive system check the car and send it back, Post that i am sending the car in for something which i did not expect i would, But well everything has a first time

BMW Experience 2017
Dad anyways wanted to check out the new 5, In the end landed there with my family, My small lil niece too had a good time, Apparently she loves bimmer's already! The usual i8 was there along with the 7 series, And only the 530i, I was looking forward to check the M sport variant but well, Perhaps some time else.
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_2659.jpg

Dad checked this one out for a long time, I could smell something was up in his mind Also notice the 3M guy standing behind, 2 Guys per car cleaning every little finger print on the car so that the car is shining like new all the time for all the "Propective" customers.
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_2654.jpg
That's my niece enjoying her branded bmw
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_2652.jpg
This track made sure no kids troubled their parents
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_2679.jpg
I can never get enough of this rear, 530i also could be seen at the back
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_2683.jpg

Smell of burning rubber & the sound!

Apart from Ripping a Petrol X3 on the track for 3 Laps & 2 rounds of experience in the M3 as a passenger, I was happy to see BMW still does all these events with a lot of effort.

On the Flip side, A Recent Mercedes event that i attended was a total disaster, Apart from this crazy passenger ride that i had (I take it in a positive way) & also driving the GLS on the set trail was great, But everything else was very very shabby!

Very often i get pictures of both my car's being spotted on the move!
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_2635.jpg

Next update, Perhaps with some more mods done!
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 24th August 2017, 09:51   #63
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
She goes out almost every night, When most of the city goes to bed, When the road's are empty, When its quite outside for you to hear the engine with your windows rolled down.
Bombay at night is truly something else. Empty roads, windows down, good music . Just recently had one of these in the Tata Nexon.

Quote:
There are many types of spoiler for the F10's, From really subtle ones to really in your face ones, I found these M3 Style ones to be perfect!
Please share pics from different angles. Thanks!

Quote:
I wanted the dual slat ones for sure
Looks great.

Quote:
The oil change on the idrive shows just 600kms to change (I had changed it just 4,000 kms back) Even the oil level shows to be around 10% low
That's rather unusual. Do get it checked up as I haven't seen my oil level drop, especially so early after a change.

Quote:
That's my niece enjoying her branded bmw
Hahaha - that's the picture of the month on Team-BHP!
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2017, 00:45   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Bombay at night is truly something else. Empty roads, windows down, good music . Just recently had one of these in the Tata Nexon.
Seriously, Been doing it for years in several car's, Never got bored of it.

Quote:
Please share pics from different angles. Thanks!
Will do so as soon as i get the car back

Quote:
Looks great.
Thanks man!

Quote:
That's rather unusual. Do get it checked up as I haven't seen my oil level drop, especially so early after a change.
I know right! Even during the last oil change, I got the car back and the idrive was showing me 12000 kms for next oil change, Driving around in the city with few bursts here and there, The kms come down rapidly, idrive was showing an oil change was needed after 500kms even though i had actually covered only around 4500-5000 kms! Sent the car to the service centre they checked the oil quality quantity everything was fine and simply reset the idrive and i got the car back showing me 7000kms to oil change, Same thing has happened again, I have just covered 4300 kms since last oil change and idrive is already asking me to change the oil, It isn't like i am only driving pedal to metal all the time, Ill get this thing notified this time around and see what they have to say. Dug up the internet a bit and also got to know the car calculates how much fuel has been consumed by the car & then accordingly the changes are shown on the idrive, If that's the case then its true, I have recently driven mostly in the city with the car not having the FE over 8-9 kpl, Means frequent refill, Might be the cause.

Quote:
Hahaha - that's the picture of the month on Team-BHP!
Hhaha
Old 25th August 2017, 02:20   #65
BHPian

Quote:

Smell of burning rubber & the sound!
https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=haad8uGCjC8

Apart from Ripping a Petrol X3 on the track for 3 Laps & 2 rounds of experience in the M3 as a passenger, I was happy to see BMW still does all these events with a lot of effort.

Next update, Perhaps with some more mods done!
Your car looks amazing. Always been a huge fan of the 530d with M-sport bodykit.

PS: That's me driving the red M3
goingout is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th August 2017, 11:13   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Seriously, Been doing it for years in several car's, Never got bored of it.
Dug up the internet a bit and also got to know the car calculates how much fuel has been consumed by the car & then accordingly the changes are shown on the idrive, If that's the case then its true, I have recently driven mostly in the city with the car not having the FE over 8-9 kpl, Means frequent refill, Might be the cause.
bhai kabhi kabhi rest bhi kiya karo. Give her some rest too, after all she also has a soul. If i remember, this will be second oil change shown by idrive after you bought it.

Nevertheless, nice mods and nice ones coming up as well? Would love to explore the exhaust note mod. I have been looking for a exhaust for diesel engines but no real mods done there.
Mission_PGPX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2017, 13:09   #67
BHPian

What a beauty! Congrats Tanveer. IMHO this is a better looking machine then the new G30.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 26th August 2017 at 05:38. Reason: Please use the classifieds section for posts like these. Strictly no proxy sale posts on the forum. Thanks.
AdiSinghV12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2017, 23:44   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goingout View Post
Your car looks amazing. Always been a huge fan of the 530d with M-sport bodykit.
Thanks man!

Quote:
PS: That's me driving the red M3
Hold on to your job mate, I would do that for free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_PGPX View Post
bhai kabhi kabhi rest bhi kiya karo. Give her some rest too, after all she also has a soul. If i remember, this will be second oil change shown by idrive after you bought it.
Haha, Its like she call's me to the garage everyday to take her out! This was supposed to be the second oil change but that din't happen, Just a oil level calibration!

Quote:
Nevertheless, nice mods and nice ones coming up as well? Would love to explore the exhaust note mod. I have been looking for a exhaust for diesel engines but no real mods done there.
Thanks man, I am looking into the exhaust part, Lets see what's in the destiny to happen regarding to this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdiSinghV12 View Post
What a beauty! Congrats Tanveer. IMHO this is a better looking machine then the new G30.
Hey, Thanks man! Indeed she is time less! I don't see myself getting bored of how she looks even 5 years down the line.
Old 30th August 2017, 15:19   #69
BHPian

Hey Buddy awesome Mods, Well if you remember i was eating your brains about the 530d few months back,Well I have picked up a 530d F10 myself and incidentally have also got the same dual slat grill same as yours, I did a DIY after buying the grill online.

I now want to upgrade the rear so can you send me the link of the Rear CF spoiler? or did you buy it locally? and is it body colour or black?
Old 31st August 2017, 01:00   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shai100 View Post
Hey Buddy awesome Mods, Well if you remember i was eating your brains about the 530d few months back,Well I have picked up a 530d F10 myself and incidentally have also got the same dual slat grill same as yours, I did a DIY after buying the grill online.
Haha, Yes i do remember bro, Congrats man! Put up some pictures of your ride too! Indeed the grill is a DIY, Well most of the cosmetics add on's are.

Quote:
I now want to upgrade the rear so can you send me the link of the Rear CF spoiler? or did you buy it locally? and is it body colour or black?
Check PM.

Also the car comes back from the service centre with no oil change, Apparently there was some calibration issue & they had to run some diagnostics, All of it was done for free & now i can see the oil change to 7,000kms!

46# Gets another mod, CF M Style Mirror cover, Doesn't it make the front view just a bit more meaner?

My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_2839.jpg
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_2863.jpg

Some proper photoshoot is long pending, Should be done when the car is back again, Tomorrow she goes away from me for 3-4 days! Yes she is going in for some work to be done! Pretty excited to see the results, I din't think i would ever go ahead with what i have decided but well, There is a first time for everything.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 4th September 2017, 15:05   #71
BHPian

I think I spotted your car on the freeway today.

Looked MENACING in the IRVM.

P.S. I was in a Civic.

Best,
Enigmatic
Enigmatic is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2017, 11:21   #72
BHPian

A power house of a car and the perfect way to own the seriously expensive German. Congrats mate...

A 40-50% off the sticker price for a decently used car (20-30k kms) is the best way forward, instead of plonking some 70-80 Lacs on a brand new one.

I couldn't agree more on the accessories approach as well, Navnit and other dealers will charge a mini-fortune on some of the wonderful accessories (albeit due to duty, margins etc) when you can get the same ones for significantly lower prices from Europe directly.

The 3.0 Ltr engines are clearly the best and my X3 2.0d seemed so under powered that I had to get the Powertronics ECU to up the game and also I drive in the 'S' mode nearly 100% of the time now, makes a big difference. Surely the replacement (in a couple of yrs) will be a 3.0 Ltr engine.
KAUBMW7 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2017, 01:07   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmatic View Post
I think I spotted your car on the freeway today.
Sorry for the late acknowledgement, Indeed i remember spotting a civic with a LTD sticker at the rear, Spotted it too late to give a wave!

Quote:
Looked MENACING in the IRVM.
Thanks man, Indeed it does look very daunting from the IRVM, Find many cars these days giving me way without having the need to flash or honk them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAUBMW7 View Post
A power house of a car and the perfect way to own the seriously expensive German. Congrats mate...
Thanks man!

Quote:
A 40-50% off the sticker price for a decently used car (20-30k kms) is the best way forward, instead of plonking some 70-80 Lacs on a brand new one.
Totally, Honestly i would never buy a new car over the 50 lakhs mark, Getting a hardly used one which has depreciated, Nothing better than that.

Quote:
I couldn't agree more on the accessories approach as well, Navnit and other dealers will charge a mini-fortune on some of the wonderful accessories (albeit due to duty, margins etc) when you can get the same ones for significantly lower prices from Europe directly.
Buying accessories from a dealer is a strict no no, Best is to have someone sent you over the parts from any of the international companies and get it shipped via fedex since they even clear the customs for you.

Quote:
The 3.0 Ltr engines are clearly the best and my X3 2.0d seemed so under powered that I had to get the Powertronics ECU to up the game and also I drive in the 'S' mode nearly 100% of the time now, makes a big difference. Surely the replacement (in a couple of yrs) will be a 3.0 Ltr engine.
Nothing like the 3 litre man, Supreme on refinement and power!

On the other hand, Lot of updates going on with the 530d, Will update with all the details soon, For now, In short, I just can't stop driving her.
Old 12th September 2017, 01:03   #74
BHPian

Hi Tanveer, i got a preowned 2012 model 520d Black colour.I know it cant match up with the 530d with the six cylinder but still do u recommend a remap from pete's or any reputed tuner to get close to the 530 in terms of driving pleasure

Also can we retrofit the M'sport steering wheels with the paddle shifts for the 520.If it can be done can u share any information about the pricing and availability ??

Thanks in Advance.
Old 12th September 2017, 11:35   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_maniac View Post
Hi Tanveer, i got a preowned 2012 model 520d Black colour.I know it cant match up with the 530d with the six cylinder but still do u recommend a remap from pete's or any reputed tuner to get close to the 530 in terms of driving pleasure
Pete's has been in this business since long, So i do trust them, The jetta i remapped with them is still running without any issues, 520 won't match the thrill of 530 but surely will give you that extra juice, Check with your local petes dealer if he can do it there itself or he has to ship out the ecu to kochi, There are many more tuners you can look for, Kiirrus, TOT, Code 6.

Quote:
Also can we retrofit the M'sport steering wheels with the paddle shifts for the 520.If it can be done can u share any information about the pricing and availability ??
Yes i suppose, Its an easy retrofit but surely on the expensive side, Google for some of the bmw retro fit parts you'll get an idea for its approximate pricing.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks