Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2017, 12:58   #16
BANNED

Re: My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10]

Hi tanveer, Really appreciate the detailed pre worshipped review of the 530d. As, i had planning of opting for the pre owned 530d and you review has made my decision perfectly firmed towards bimmer 530d. And there is a co incidence that you replaced it wirh Jetta and i am going to replace it with Laura. So, once again Congrats for the New ride and Drive safe. Take care.
patel8585 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2017, 13:07   #17
BHPian

What a brilliant review Tanveer !

It makes you feel that you own the car till the time you reach that monster pic !! :P

I sat in that front passenger seat and experienced something I have never experienced in any car I ever sat in !!

Few questions

1) Is the parking brake electronic ONLY ? Is there no hand brake lever (manual) ?
2) If driven the way the car is supposed to be, how long will those tyres last you ? Performance tyres would obviously last you much lesser right ? What is the life of those ?
3) Do the adaptive LEDs really not blind the person in front ? The high beam of the BMWs are actually blinding , especially from those who keep those always on and care a hoot about us lesser beings

Pls mention that you were not trying to burn out those tyres in that first pic !!!
varunraizada is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th May 2017, 13:18   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunraizada View Post
3) Do the adaptive LEDs really not blind the person in front ? The high beam of the BMWs are actually blinding , especially from those who keep those always on and care a hoot about us lesser beings
The adaptive LEDs tend to stick to low beam in the city and dip down at the slightest hint of oncoming traffic.
I have to admit though that I have had to switch off adaptive at times because more than half the drivers in Pune don't ever care to dip theirs for an oncoming vehicle..

At least with the adaptive's super bright high beam forced, most such drivers do end up dropping to low..

PS: I also suspect that many new drivers do not have any idea that there is such a thing called a beam switcher/dipper in their car
abhi182 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th May 2017, 14:52   #19
BHPian

Congrats on the Beast!

Sure looks amazing in the colour.
In my opinion change the rears to 275 sections asap! The stock Conti's tend to wear out faster as is my case (Spirited Driving). After a couple of track sessions and highway runs and launches my tires have almost started to lose grip at just 7k kms.
Its easier and cheaper to import tires than to buy them locally for obnoxious prices.

The Adaptive Led's are useless in the City! Believe me! People keep flashing their lights at me cause the Low Beam itself is indeed brighter than usual.

If you have a spirited right foot,upgrade the pads as they are way too progressive for this car.

Where did you get pricing for the Diffuser and front lip you mentioned in your post?

Forget Supersprint, they aren't worth the money.
Instead find a competent tuner and get a custom quad exhaust done and if you want the exhaust to be loud an meaty get one of the reputable aftermarket performance mufflers from the like of Flowmaster or Magnaflow.

I've never got decent economy in the city as Bangalore is always choked and the car begs you to push it when you hit the highway so there goes fuel economy out the window.
Cheers to many more miles to come.

Last edited by #enzowho : 8th May 2017 at 15:02.
#enzowho is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th May 2017, 16:54   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations Tanveer on this acquisition.

Also a very detailed ownership thread

Bridgestone Turanzas are the only downside of this deal IMO, burn them out soon

Enjoy !
karan561 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th May 2017, 18:27   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I just completed 2 years of ownership with my 530d and did a Bombay-Goa run to celebrate (report coming up)
Eagerly waiting for the report man! I am very very sure you must have had a blast, Forget Goa, It was all about the drive isn't it?

Quote:
IMHO, this is the best sedan for an enthusiast in India - there's nothing else quite like it. While I love her styling, interiors, equipment etc....it's the engine & gearbox that are a level or two above the rest. The explosive 3.0 inline-6 with the ZF 8-speed is a match made in heaven.
Totally, She is the best when it comes to driving pleasure in India & frankly she does a good job of being an all rounder apart from the poor leg space at the back, She has the looks, Features, Superb Engine + Gearbox combo, I am so very glad to have chosen her over any other car in the market out there.

Quote:
Both our cars are the same model, same colour, have a similar odometer reading (at the time of purchase), sourced from the same used car dealer and for the same price. What are the odds of that happening between two BHPians?
Haha, Too much of a coincidence right there!!

Quote:
Congratulations - wish you many years of enjoyable driving with the 530d .
Thanks a lot man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
Congrats brother. Wishing you happy miles with the car.
Thanks brother,

Quote:
Looks like the old owner was a Valentino Rossi fan, eh.
Haha

Quote:
It would be nice if you can record a video of adaptive headlamps in action, been a fan of that technology.
Yes ill be doing that soon, I have several highway trips planned, So while i let dad drive the car, Ill record the magic the adaptive headlights do, Its really superb to watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawnilrules View Post
Woah!!! finally the review is here. I was waiting for it ever since I saw her photos that you had shared on message. What a lovely and detailed review. I loved the photos too the core
Haha, Thanks man!

Quote:
Your parting photo reminded me of the monster that I have parked in my garage below. Though not as ferocious as yours, but yes does the job when need be.
1.8 TSI should be remapped to have the most fun man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketurtles View Post
Even given your itch to modify cars, this baby has come so loaded that you don't need to modify it. But I know you will. Because you're the modder it deserves, but not the modder it needs.
I know man, I love her the most in the stock form, But i don't know for how long! Considering there is soo much potential of tweaking her, It will take some time to convince myself to not touch her in that way for now, She is perhaps too new for it.

Quote:
She's a beaut buddy, and you know it. Congrats on the new ride man,
Thanks brother

Quote:
here's to many, many more rides together,
Every single chance that we get man!

Quote:
some of which will be with you locked away in the backseat while we do the Tokyo Drift at the wheel. Such is life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigH View Post
Hi Tanveer, An excellent review indeed. If you don't mind, would you care to indicate the name of the dealership which you brought your baby from and also the cost break up (unless you wish to keep it confidential that is)?
Hey, Thanks man, i am glad you guys liked the review, I bought the car from Quick car world here in Mumbai.

Quote:
Wish you loads of happiness with your machine!
Best wishes,
Thanks man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Congrats buddy!! You have got the diesel monster and a very well written review
Hey bro, Indeed she is a diesel monster! Thank you!

Quote:
Any plans to remap / tuning box?
Yes, She will be remapped, Probably after 6 months or so, Need better shoes for her before i give her more power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patel8585 View Post
Hi tanveer, Really appreciate the detailed pre worshipped review of the 530d. As, i had planning of opting for the pre owned 530d and you review has made my decision perfectly firmed towards bimmer 530d. And there is a co incidence that you replaced it wirh Jetta and i am going to replace it with Laura. So, once again Congrats for the New ride and Drive safe. Take care.
Hey, Thanks man, I am happy my review helped you out! Go for a 530d trust me, She is simply crazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunraizada View Post
What a brilliant review Tanveer !
Thanks bro! I am happy you liked it!

Quote:
It makes you feel that you own the car till the time you reach that monster pic !!
Haha, I am glad it did so! Your time must have been well spent then.

Quote:
I sat in that front passenger seat and experienced something I have never experienced in any car I ever sat in !!
I have been told the same thing by almost every one who sat in a 530d for the first time, Some of them even told me to slow down before i had crossed 3,000 RPM! Haha!

Quote:
1) Is the parking brake electronic ONLY ? Is there no hand brake lever (manual) ?
Yup there is no hand brake lever, Just an electronic parking brake button does the job.
Quote:
2) If driven the way the car is supposed to be, how long will those tyres last you ? Performance tyres would obviously last you much lesser right ? What is the life of those ?
Given the torque the car has along with the weight of the car, Regardless of the tyre make nothing will last you more than 15,000 - 20,000 kms If she doesn't do a burnout every now & then or even launch control frequently, If you want you can seriously burn out the rubber very quickly!

Quote:
You need to activate the Adaptive LED's by pressing a button, After that the headlights won't blind anyone, If that is not activated & if you switch to high beam manually surely it will blind the person in front, Thats what we experience everyday.

Quote:
Pls mention that you were not trying to burn out those tyres in that first pic !!!
Haha, Thanks for the awesome pictures man & yes i was not trying to burn those tyres, Just probably 10% of the accelerator & that is what was happening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi182 View Post
The adaptive LEDs tend to stick to low beam in the city and dip down at the slightest hint of oncoming traffic.
I have to admit though that I have had to switch off adaptive at times because more than half the drivers in Pune don't ever care to dip theirs for an oncoming vehicle..
In the city, I never switch it on, I only use the adaptive function on the highways.

Quote:
PS: I also suspect that many new drivers do not have any idea that there is such a thing called a beam switcher/dipper in their car
Totally!

Quote:
Originally Posted by #enzowho View Post
Congrats on the Beast!Sure looks amazing in the colour.
Thanks man!
Quote:
In my opinion change the rears to 275 sections asap!
Once these wear out, That's what i am going to do.

Quote:
The stock Conti's tend to wear out faster as is my case (Spirited Driving). After a couple of track sessions and highway runs and launches my tires have almost started to lose grip at just 7k kms.
Track usage will surely burn a lot more of the rubber very quickly, Thankfully i don't have any tracks anywhere near around me!

Quote:
Its easier and cheaper to import tires than to buy them locally for obnoxious prices.
Totally agreed, Some tyre shops really rip you off completely.

Quote:
The Adaptive Led's are useless in the City! Believe me! People keep flashing their lights at me cause the Low Beam itself is indeed brighter than usual.
I never use it in the city, Its superb on the highways.

Quote:
If you have a spirited right foot,upgrade the pads as they are way too progressive for this car.
I have found the braking to be perfect for me for now, Perhaps performance pads will come into play once the car is remapped.

Quote:
Where did you get pricing for the Diffuser and front lip you mentioned in your post?
Diffuser was from N1 Racing, I think front lip was from BMW itself.

Quote:
Forget Supersprint, they aren't worth the money.
There is already a guy who has done the same on his 530d here in Mumbai, I am trying to get in touch with that guy to know the outcome of it personally.
Quote:
Instead find a competent tuner and get a custom quad exhaust done and if you want the exhaust to be loud an meaty get one of the reputable aftermarket performance mufflers from the like of Flowmaster or Magnaflow.
Indeed, Several options are there, Ill start the proper research after a couple of months though.

Quote:
I've never got decent economy in the city as Bangalore is always choked and the car begs you to push it when you hit the highway so there goes fuel economy out the window.
Surely, Who buys a 530d for economy anyways!

Quote:
Cheers to many more miles to come.
Thanks man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Congratulations Tanveer on this acquisition.
Thanks brother!

Quote:
Also a very detailed ownership thread
Glad you liked it man!

Quote:
Bridgestone Turanzas are the only downside of this deal IMO, burn them out soon
Indeed, Could not complain much though since they came along as new & free with the car.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th May 2017, 18:40   #22
BHPian

Congratulations, Tanveer_2558!

And thank you for a very well composed review. Thoroughly enjoyed reading it, especially the interiors description.

Have driven 530d few times in Germany, the car is a true monster.

I feel the tyres could go for more than 30k kms at least. 20k is too early to replace them.
the_skyliner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th May 2017, 18:53   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_skyliner View Post
Congratulations, Tanveer_2558!
Thanks man!

Quote:
And thank you for a very well composed review. Thoroughly enjoyed reading it, especially the interiors description.
I am glad you liked it!

Quote:
Have driven 530d few times in Germany, the car is a true monster.
Indeed it is!

Quote:
I feel the tyres could go for more than 30k kms at least. 20k is too early to replace them.
Yes, Basically it totally depends on how you drive this car, Frequent launch control, Frequent 0-100 timings, Burnout's, Will burn down the tyres really fast, But on the flipside, If you cruise on the highway's & if your running is mostly towards the highways, You can easily prolong the tyre life.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th May 2017, 20:00   #24
BHPian

Superb report there Tanveer. Having seen the car in flesh, I can attest to the fact that you almost got a brand new car at 50% discount! Sitting the the driver's seat, my heart did skip a beat even before cranking up the engine

Wishing you thousands of happy miles with the monster. May your grin only get wider with time and tuning!
ragh_bhushan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th May 2017, 20:14   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragh_bhushan View Post
Superb report there Tanveer.
Thanks brother!

Quote:
Having seen the car in flesh, I can attest to the fact that you almost got a brand new car at 50% discount! Sitting the the driver's seat, my heart did skip a beat even before cranking up the engine
The same feeling when i sat in the car for the first time man, I was sold the moment i saw her, Absolutely MINT, Which also made me stretch my budget & get this one.

Quote:
Wishing you thousands of happy miles with the monster. May your grin only get wider with time and tuning!
Thanks man, See you around in upcoming meets.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2017, 20:46   #26
BHPian

Excellent and detailed review of a Brilliant machine!!

You know what - Your XUV ownership thread and our discussion on buying decisions based on price brackets (Remember? I was in a dilemma between Jetta and XUV) has a major role in my buying decision of XUV. I got a W6 AT 4 months ago and I'm very happy with my decision (probably because I was already prepared for rattles and niggles). LOL.

And now this!! I sincerely hope the history repeats again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Life is too short to think about Reliability, Warranty, Repairs, Service cost, Fuel Economy & Insurance costs! If your right foot makes you grin like a maniac, You are living your life like you should
What a statement man!!! Struck deep into my heart. Honestly, this line is gonna influence my next purchase very badly.
Quote:
i pressed the accelerator just very slightly more than i had to & the tail happily spun so much that i had to counter steer & accelerate to go on straight
Quote:
She deserves to be driven on highways though, The way she eats up the road & builds speed is something nuts, That's when you feel HUD is there for a reason & not just to add a fancy list of feature, Trust me on this! This car can do super silly speeds even before you know it, There were a couple of instances already where i was shocked to see the speed i was doing & it had just been a couple of seconds that i floored the pedal that too when i was in comfort mode! Its totally useful to have your current speed right where your eyes is, This car doesn't even give you a second to take a glance at the speedometer to see what speed you are doing, Dad says, The in gear acceleration is really brutal, The car that you could see really far, You would reach that car in a couple of seconds, Totally true, The aggressive downshift's from the gearbox is simply superb, But i prefer using the paddles while down shifting instead of waiting for the gearbox to do it for me, Put the car into sports mode on the highways & then what happens is simply nuts! She goes crazy with the gearbox & engine keeping her at the boil to give you the best performance in every gear, I cannot possibly tell one thing about this engine that i don't like, Its supreme when it comes to refinement, Love the sound the engine grunts out while revving it, Its crazy how she takes off under aggressive downshifting, Infact if there was one thing i actually wouldn't mind having was a little more engine sound, Its that good to hear.
I was literally drooling all over the place especially while reading these lines. Can't wait to have my hands on this beast at least once.

You surely have got every enthusiast's dream machine. Hearty congratulations once again, and wishing you lots of happy miles with that beast man. Cheers!!
madhav14 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th May 2017, 21:27   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Track usage will surely burn a lot more of the rubber very quickly, Thankfully i don't have any tracks anywhere near around me!

Diffuser was from N1 Racing, I think front lip was from BMW itself.

There is already a guy who has done the same on his 530d here in Mumbai, I am trying to get in touch with that guy to know the outcome of it personally.
Yup, true but I took it only once and oh boy, You stop caring about setting a lap time and go sideways in every corner.

Is that the CF front lip from BMW for 68K ?

Go for the Vorsteiner Diffuser, you can never go wrong with them but maintaining is a pain.

I've listened to Supersprint as well as Hamann they are just not worth the money for the sound they make.
Just my 2 Cents.
Get it coded, you'll find some cool features.

Cheers.
#enzowho is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th May 2017, 21:28   #28
BHPian

Congratulations! The 530d is truly a beast. Enjoy the miles.

Last edited by mikon : 8th May 2017 at 21:31.
mikon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2017, 02:57   #29
BHPian

Brilliant review Tanveer! Loved every bit of it. Indeed a great choice. I understand how difficult it would have been for you to part ways with your beloved Jetta. Nevertheless, you will get to see her often and with this monster you cannot ask for more! A driver's delight. Congrats once again. Happy mile-munching and drive safe
Zahoor23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2017, 09:19   #30

Congratulations! Wish you many happy highway runs!

If its okay, could you please let us know the dealer?
AR123 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks