Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2020, 01:43   #271
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10]

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_66 View Post
Hi Tanveer, haven't had much of an opportunity to go for a long drive, but i think there might be an issue either with the tyre or the alloy (still investigating on that). Just got the stock springs replaced with Cobra springs. You should try it out, they're just awesome. Its completely changed the car. The steering feel is fantastic, ofcourse the body roll is much lesser, the car is so planted and chuckable. Best part of it is that none of the ride comfort is compromised. Expansion joints on the road, rough patches whatever you throw at it, the car just steamrolls it. One of the best mods i've made till date, worth every penny.
Hey man, What about the ride height ? The only reason i din't the B8 (Which comes with springs) was because i did not want to lower the ride height as occasionally i do travel in this car with my family i.e me + 3 more people. Hence decided to keep stock springs and go for B6. If the ride height remains the same it would surely get me interested though.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2020, 10:00   #272
BHPian

re: My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
UPDATE

Also i am a bit fed up with the short engine oil service duration of 5000-6000 kms, Planning to try a different Engine oil to see if would last a bit longer.
https://www.darksidedevelopments.co....2-engines.html

Just started my deep dive into BMW 530ds and I might've found the solution to your problems.
Old 30th July 2020, 10:05   #273
Team-BHP Support

re: My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalajprakash View Post
https://www.darksidedevelopments.co....2-engines.html

Just started my deep dive into BMW 530ds and I might've found the solution to your problems.
That's for an M57 engine, this 530d has the N57n engine. Also how would an oil cooler help in lengthening the service interval?
Old 30th July 2020, 10:26   #274
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Makes sense, Thats when the engine is going through hardly any stress, I still remember during my last GJ trip during the summers, My car was idling for about 15 hours continuously after a 500 km drive!
Idling continuously for 15 hours ?

Car engines are meant to be running to keep air flowing through the radiator. 15 hours continuous idling (or even over a couple of days) can severely shorten engine life. 15 hours in a month (uniformly distributed) shouldn't hurt the engine.

Also, do you check the color of the oil? Sometimes these indicators can be wrong. But don't get too adventurous and relay on the color of the oil only.
Old 30th July 2020, 13:54   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Complete rat proofing on the car was also done, And its tested for more than 2 months now, Finally a permanent one time solution is found, Shall share it soon
Hi Tanveer,
Could you post about the ratproofing you have done in your car? Asking as my 5 month old Seltos was the target few days ago, glad they managed to bust few AC wires only.
Old 25th August 2020, 02:39   #276
BHPian

https://www.olx.in/item/bmw-5-series...iid-1589124438

Tanveer, have you sold the car to a dealer in Delhi? Because if you haven't, it seems someone has advertised your car as a 2017 530d with 28k at the odo. when you have openly shared that yours is a 2014 model with 70k+ on the odo.

My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-screenshot-20200825-2.38.06-am.png
jalajprakash is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th August 2020, 12:34   #277
BHPian

Quote:
Hey man, What about the ride height ? The only reason i din't the B8 (Which comes with springs) was because i did not want to lower the ride height as occasionally i do travel in this car with my family i.e me + 3 more people. Hence decided to keep stock springs and go for B6. If the ride height remains the same it would surely get me interested though.
so when i changed to bilsteins, i felt the ride height had increased slightly, after the cobra springs the ride height has come back to its original height (if not slightly lower)
rahul_66 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2020, 00:37   #278
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Its equally important i feel that you become confident on the individual/ Dealer your buying the car from, Amit from Quick car world sent the car to me, He gave me a guarantee that i would love the car and he sounded very confident, He simply told me we will talk after you have checked out the car & Indeed he was right! My Heart Skipped a beat while i saw the car, I stepped inside and also when i drove it. Ive found the one i was looking for i said to myself. Its hard to see such MINT condition cars come by often, Specially from a dealer you trust, Amit has also sold 3 other car's to my best friend who is also a silent Bhpian, And he too only had good things to say about him! It does matter to have a genuine dealer on the other end! I was more than satisfied with my deal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Same guy who I bought my car from - Amit, Quick Cars.
After reading your experiences, and being personally told by BHPians, I decided to give this chap a shot since I am looking to sell my F30 320d and get something bigger. I was expecting him to be forthcoming and proactive going by what I read here. Honestly, my experience was a bit different. Had to call him multiple times to have a word, and explain my requirements, to which he suggested to first sell my f30 rather than trading it in. Also said he may have a customer (albeit below my price), and that I should consider since it would be a no nonsense deal. Waited for some communication the following week, and followed up multiple times without any answer, or even a message back. 10 days later called again, and as expected no answer. Sent a message saying if he isn't interested in my business to just let me know, to which he had the gall to reply that he is always with some customer so he cannot answer.

I understand people are busy, times are tough and staff issues are everywhere (I know only too well myself). Yet I refuse to believe one cannot make time to simply send a message even after missing multiple calls. What really ticked me off, was that in our first (and only) conversation he was showing off about how many BHPians go to him, and how he had sold GTO and Tanveer their cars, and then in spite of me saying I am a member, this is the response I received. Its possible he has now taken it for granted that BHPians will go to him.

Either way, its his loss, as he has a sweet X5 in stock that my family members liked, and may have even picked up without waiting for the F30 to sell. Alas I couldn't even see it.

Anyway, end of my rant. Just putting it out there, that anyone who would like to deal with him, be prepared for a lot of follow ups.
Akshay1234 is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2020, 10:59   #279
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynike99 View Post
Hi Tanveer,
Could you post about the ratproofing you have done in your car? Asking as my 5 month old Seltos was the target few days ago, glad they managed to bust few AC wires only.
Will share the pictures here soon, If you need it soon please drop me a DM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalajprakash View Post
Tanveer, have you sold the car to a dealer in Delhi? Because if you haven't, it seems someone has advertised your car as a 2017 530d with 28k at the odo. when you have openly shared that yours is a 2014 model with 70k+ on the odo.
Surely not, I have come across many such dealers using pictures of my car even here in mumbai on several car selling websites, Buyers beware!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_66 View Post
so when i changed to bilsteins, i felt the ride height had increased slightly, after the cobra springs the ride height has come back to its original height (if not slightly lower)
Its not the ride height increasing as such, its just that the dampers are stiffer so they don't soften as much as stock ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay1234 View Post
After reading your experiences, and being personally told by BHPians, I decided to give this chap a shot since I am looking to sell my F30 320d and get something bigger. I was expecting him to be forthcoming and proactive going by what I read here. Honestly, my experience was a bit different. Had to call him multiple times to have a word, and explain my requirements, to which he suggested to first sell my f30 rather than trading it in. Also said he may have a customer (albeit below my price), and that I should consider since it would be a no nonsense deal. Waited for some communication the following week, and followed up multiple times without any answer, or even a message back. 10 days later called again, and as expected no answer. Sent a message saying if he isn't interested in my business to just let me know, to which he had the gall to reply that he is always with some customer so he cannot answer.

I understand people are busy, times are tough and staff issues are everywhere (I know only too well myself). Yet I refuse to believe one cannot make time to simply send a message even after missing multiple calls. What really ticked me off, was that in our first (and only) conversation he was showing off about how many BHPians go to him, and how he had sold GTO and Tanveer their cars, and then in spite of me saying I am a member, this is the response I received. Its possible he has now taken it for granted that BHPians will go to him.

Either way, its his loss, as he has a sweet X5 in stock that my family members liked, and may have even picked up without waiting for the F30 to sell. Alas I couldn't even see it.

Anyway, end of my rant. Just putting it out there, that anyone who would like to deal with him, be prepared for a lot of follow ups.
Crazy to hear this, Specially after knowing how many cars the guy has sold via GTO's and my thread ! i have infact got calls from other members before and after they have bought the car from him, We Team-Bhp members should surely be treated proper, After all it isnt even what we are asking too much? just the usual response and getting the work done kind of a thing.
Old 28th October 2020, 21:05   #280
BHPian

Hi Guys, I just got a used 2012 model 530 Msport. Wanted to know if we can retrofit
the new instrument cluster (Seen in the newer models) to this.

In love with that cluster after driving my friends newer 2014 model, especially the dial changing to red when we put it in sports mode. If we can retrofit can anybody here help me to source it and also would like to know the price of it.
lancer_maniac is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2020, 11:53   #281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_maniac View Post
Hi Guys, I just got a used 2012 model 530 Msport. Wanted to know if we can retrofit
the new instrument cluster (Seen in the newer models) to this.

In love with that cluster after driving my friends newer 2014 model, especially the dial changing to red when we put it in sports mode. If we can retrofit can anybody here help me to source it and also would like to know the price of it.
I'm assuming you're talking about the 6WB digital cluster which had featured in the LCI models of the 5 series. Its an easy retrofit but you'll have to take the help of a coder to code the new instrument panel, it shouldn't be a very expensive affair. As for sourcing this cluster you can pick it up from aliexpress or use ebay and import it.
rahul_66 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st November 2020, 18:10   #282
Senior - BHPian

With 72XXX on the ODO, Which was 19XXX when i bought her,

It was an AMAZING journey which has come to an end, It was tough but i finally decided to part ways with 46.

Still cannot believe how fast this 4 seater practical diesal sedan kept me grinning for 3.5 years for thousands of kms and never had i ever had an issue with the car.

Last few pictures of the car i took on my last drive with her, Ill miss the car, But not soo very much as it will be around me which was the biggest motivation for me to let it go.

My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-screenshot-20201101-6.05.02-pm.png

My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-screenshot-20201101-6.05.52-pm.png

My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-screenshot-20201101-6.07.32-pm.png

Whats coming next? I don't know, But yes it has to be FAST & Can seat 4 comfortably, only time will tell.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 1st November 2020, 18:34   #283
BHPian

Quote:
With 72XXX on the ODO, Which was 19XXX when i bought her,

It was an AMAZING journey which has come to an end, It was tough but i finally decided to part ways with 46.

Still cannot believe how fast this 4 seater practical diesal sedan kept me grinning for 3.5 years for thousands of kms and never had i ever had an issue with the car.

Whats coming next? I don't know, But yes it has to be FAST & Can seat 4 comfortably, only time will tell.
No :( Why this sudden sale? I really loved reading your thread.

Waiting to see what you upgrade to!
All the best
Old 1st November 2020, 18:58   #284
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
No way! Why did you already sell her off? Too early, man.

- How much did she go for?

- What are you planning to buy? I would suggest the W222 Benz.
Old 1st November 2020, 19:06   #285
BHPian

Too bad she had to go. I am excited to see what you get next!
Quote:
Ill miss the car, But not soo very much as it will be around me which was the biggest motivation for me to let it go.
Was it sold to a neighbor or family member?

Most Viewed