Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2017, 13:30   #91
Team-BHP Support

Re: My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post

Bhpian danish9797 with a 520d changed his front pads couple of days back, Though he had the BSI the pads would have costed him 35k & rotors 40k, I find it pretty weird to see them specially mention a 4.2 discount in the invoice for me, Well whatever the reason maybe, Who doesn't like discounts? & like i mentioned SA somehow he managed to get a discount for me.
But how would 520d pads be more expensive than 530d pads? Afterall the 530d uses larger front pads, while the rears are the same? Or is it that BMW dealers seem to have different pricing now??
Akshay1234 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2017, 08:55   #92
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I knew it was coming how so?

Sports + Manual mode, Enough said?
Hahaha!

Quote:
Called up BMW infinity worli to ask regarding the pricing & it took them 2 days to get the pricing quote which was around 40,000 INR
Quote:
What came along the next day was a pleasant surprise when i got the final bill !
Maybe they initially quoted you for the front + rear brake pads + taxes? I still haven't changed mine, so have no idea on the cost for 4.

Quote:
Cost would have been lesser by 4k If i had asked them to not perform the vehicle check, Car washing and some other minor things
Trust the dealer to always throw in some invoicing-enhancing items!
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th October 2017, 10:34   #93
BHPian

Quote:
New Front Brake Pads.

Started getting quotes from several places & man i was amazed, All the way from 8,000 INR to 50000 INR! For the front brake pads, Everyone had their own story to tell, But i wasn't convinced, Called up BMW infinity worli to ask regarding the pricing & it took them 2 days to get the pricing quote which was around 40,000 INR, But they did not have any free slot for 3 weeks atleast, Reason? They had around 150 flooded cars in total to handle!
I did have a similar situation in August for my 5GT. Was planning for a 2000 Km trip between TN, Kerala and Karnataka. While inspection RR pads showed a range of 4000 kms and was ok to start the trip. However was not comfortable with the reading as the car was bought used and had been with me for less than 3 months. was not comfortable especially with brake sensors, they are prone for huge variations. Two days before our travel went to my mechanic to check the pads and to my horror the pads were completely worn off and hardly any material left, maybe 200kms then it would be metal to metal.

Checked with KUN, they said 28K and 2 days. while 28K was ok 2 days was not. Also had an option of Brembo pads for 8K and available immediate within 2 hrs. After lot of deliberation picked the brembo pads and fitted them with the help of my mechanic. start to end 5 hours but was really skeptical how the brakes performs. 5000Kms done since and some spirited driving across highways and ghats of Kerala car feels solid. the car is again getting prepped for a hectic 1500km week coming saturday.

My first non OE experience turned out to be good and after this 20K premium over a consumable like brake pads charged by the dealer needs to be brought down if they need me to get back to them else we have some great guys outside for one third the price and double the enthusiasm.

One question to BMW owners, is it common to have carbon deposits on the rims even after 50 or 100 kms? BMW service guys says yes...
varunanb is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th October 2017, 11:53   #94
CDM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunanb View Post
One question to BMW owners, is it common to have carbon deposits on the rims even after 50 or 100 kms? BMW service guys says yes...
Don't know about BMWs but I switched from OEM to Brembos in my Accord and find that they do give off a lot of dust even after months of running. Braking is better than OEM so I guess pad life will be less.

CDM
CDM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2017, 17:02   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Both the car's are ceramic coated! The reflections & gloss!
I wonder how this would look on a white car! Did you see any Whites getting the treatment done? Is this also recommended on a new car?
Old 8th October 2017, 16:23   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Looks they have increased prices again
Yeah & apparently a friend asked me to check for the BSI quotes from other dealers too, Last he checked the pricing was different from dealers!

Quote:
We paid Rs 1,9 lac for 3 Year /40 K in October last Year for 730-D
That's sweet!

Quote:
Perhaps you could have gone with 5 Year- 60 K
Won't cover the cost, Have done the math with a friendly bmw SA.
Quote:
that looks to be most VFM for someone who drives less but passionately
I have just crossed 14,000 kms in 7 months, So...
Quote:
let's see how much you spend on Brakes in total
Spent 26k now, Front still shows 49k to change after driving for 3k kms since i got them, Rear is good to go for another 20k kms, So i guess no brake pads cost coming up anytime soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay1234 View Post
But how would 520d pads be more expensive than 530d pads? Afterall the 530d uses larger front pads, while the rears are the same?
Exactly my thoughts man!

Quote:
Or is it that BMW dealers seem to have different pricing now??
I feel soo, Infinity worli was sure only the front pads with sensors would cost around 35k with labour, Navneet Andheri gave me a quote of 40k for the same & eventually got the work done at 26k at navneet thane! All of the pricing were given according to the VIN of my car for the front pads + Sensors + labours! So well..

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Maybe they initially quoted you for the front + rear brake pads + taxes? I still haven't changed mine, so have no idea on the cost for 4.
Maybe, But just keep a check on the pricing when you go in for a change, Ask for a pricing quote when you take an appointment.

Quote:
Trust the dealer to always throw in some invoicing-enhancing items!
Even after i told them clearly no extras! 1500 bucks for a car was is absurd.

Quote:
I did have a similar situation in August for my 5GT. Was planning for a 2000 Km trip between TN, Kerala and Karnataka. While inspection RR pads showed a range of 4000 kms and was ok to start the trip.
My idrive was showing front pads change in 5,000 kms & it lasted me for around 11k to 12k kms, Depends a lot on how you brake and drive actually.

Quote:
Yes, Its fine & completely normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDM View Post
Don't know about BMWs but I switched from OEM to Brembos in my Accord and find that they do give off a lot of dust even after months of running. Braking is better than OEM so I guess pad life will be less
Braking response, Brake dust does hand in hand, Some pads will give you better braking on the cost of more brake dust and vice a versa, I find the BMW ones to be a perfect balance in both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj981 View Post
I wonder how this would look on a white car! Did you see any Whites getting the treatment done? Is this also recommended on a new car?
It would surely look nice on whites too, But more than that, I am super happy about the fact that its just so very easy to clean the car now & i don't need to even wash it every day, Just the other day i cleaned a bird poop from the bonnet of the car with a few drop of water & one sweep of the micro fibre cloth, The reflections, Gloss + Hydrophobic effect actually comes as a bonus for me.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2017, 21:58   #97
Senior - BHPian

Mumbai - Goa - Gokarna - Goa - Mumbai

This was the total trip summary, From the moment i started from my place in Mumbai & till i was back, By no ways i was easy on the car, Most of the time in sports mode + Manual mode & still the car managed to give me such fuel efficiency!
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_3803.jpg

But first, Something that needs a mention, We had to leave for Goa on Thursday, But apparently i had to drive down till rajasthan border on Monday & the earliest i could return was only till wednesday night, I was doubtful if i could leave for Goa after already going 1500+ kms trip in these couple of days & it did happen so, I reached my place at around 12 in the night & had to leave for Goa at 4 am and meet up with other guys in pune soon after that, Agreed i was tired after already doing 1500 + kms in the XUV, But well, It was the drive that made me do it, I slept for 2 hours & left to what became one of the most memorable drives i have had.

Just around the Karnataka Border this popped up!
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_3494.jpg

Man i was surprised, Even though i was enjoying the drive my exhausted body was taking a hit & man o man, Wonder how the car detected it! Further you can also see the places you can stop to take a break.

Most of the times on highway the car's in front give you way automatically.
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_3469.jpg

We also had another M sport Sibling along
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_3473.jpg

It was actually a dream!
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_3523.jpg

Road ahead = Sports + MT Mode = Win Win
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_3786.jpg

We encountered almost all types of weather, Sunny, Fog, Rain, Overcast etc
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_3562.jpg

The 3 bhpian car's that went together, Each so very unique in their own way! Foortila helped us roaming around a lot in Goa, Both the bimmer owners were not willing to roam inside Goa in the bimmer
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_3706.jpg

Lunch View in Gokarna, Will surely visit Gokarna again!
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_3716.jpg

One night on a beach shack where 2 bhpian's gave me this view for dinner, I demand instant infraction on each of them!
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_3776.jpg

Group of bhpians
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_3926.jpg

Such an easy car to drive this, Regardless of the road condition or anything, Just take her wherever you want, Foortila gets the attention in this picture
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_3711.jpg

Mrs Footila himself
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_3713.jpg

Trust me this is the 7th or the 8th time i saw this happening, I waited a bit away till they were done
Name:  Screen Shot 20171018 at 9.00.55 PM.png
Views: 4983
Size:  1.10 MB

I stood at the balcony for a long time just to see the water rolling down the car, Surely awstucks me everytime, Ceramic at a right price point is surely worth it, Sending my XUV 500 W10 in for ceramic @ PMP car care soon too
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_3554.jpg

The car was superbly effortless to drive, Driving on the empty highways with butter smooth roads were superb, I was going to Goa for the first time (Well yeah, But for me, My goa is Dubai) Still for me it wasn't much about the destination than it was for the drive, It was superb and the car did it fantastically, She also went in a couple of huge potholes but came out unharmed, Not a single hiccup throughout the journey & she performed and exceeded my expectations, While returning me along with bhpian piyush left goa at 7am & i reached my place near BKC at 2 PM sharp! I was still fresh to take a shower & head out for some family time, The way she hugs you inside, You really don't feel the world outside.

Every weekend drive
Its like mandatory have a nice drive on the highways least once a week.

Somewhere in lonavala, Picture edited to make it a bit more dramatic, I will not give the credits to Bhpian danish9797 for doing so.
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_4977.jpg

Malshej ghat, Weather while going up was sunny, As we reached up it was raining & fog, What month are we in ??
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_5067.jpg

This is actually a view i would like to see in my personal garage soon, I totally love the way a remapped E90 & a jetta drives, Those who haven't driven won't know.
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_5052.jpg

Total Amount Spent:
Till date i have driven the car about 15,000 kms & i have spent the following amount on spares etc, Apart from the fuel costs offcourse, I don't keep a track of that.

The car is currently at infinity for an oil change & balancing alignment, So the below costs is including that, All the work is done at a Authorised service centre only, I would have saved a bit by getting the work done outside but i prefer the service centre more, Rather my dad strictly wants me to send the car to BMW only, Following prices also include cost for vehicle check, Car wash and such minor things.

1. Engine oil change x 2 = 30k
2. Balancing alignment x 2 = 8k
3. Front pads & sensors x 1 pair = 26k

Total : 64,000 INR

The car is now good to go for another 10k kms or so when it would need an engine oil change & filters change at around 40k kms i suppose, Which would cost somewhere around 25- 35k i think, Nothing major & i am totally cool with it, However sourcing the PS4 is in the works & should be done before the year ends followed with a remap, While yes small cosmetic upgrades will keep coming in.

If Anyone is curious regarding the brake pads part number & actual cost it can be seen here,
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_5185.jpg
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 20th October 2017, 13:38   #98
GT3
BHPian

Excellent pictures bro, the car looks too sexy. Waiting to hear about your updates about the tires and remap.

PS:I am your Facebook friend from Tamil Nadu who kept messaging you about cars.
Old 20th October 2017, 17:05   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Mumbai - Goa - Gokarna - Goa - Mumbai

This was the total trip summary, From the moment i started from my place in Mumbai & till i was back, By no ways i was easy on the car, Most of the time in sports mode + Manual mode & still the car managed to give me such fuel efficiency!
Thats awesome Tanveer_2558. Every time I take my GT out the 3.0L engine never fails to amaze me. Last week had two trips one on the awesome Chennai - Dindigul route and other to small hill station near Vellore - Yelagiri. Got some great mileage (approx 1400 Kms @ 13.5 KM/L, just 1 refill and still with a 280 Kms range) and some spirited driving along the way. After a long time this is one engine that keeps mind and heart satisfied at any time. Its gem to own and drive.

This car now has highest kms/L among my other humble so called VFM vehicles. Gives a higher mileage than my civic in city. If not for lack of decent parking in most of Chennai, 5 GT could very well be my daily car mainly because of the engine and literally fatigue free drive.
varunanb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2017, 14:55   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT3 View Post
Excellent pictures bro, the car looks too sexy. Waiting to hear about your updates about the tires and remap.
Thanks man, Tires & remap by year end i suppose, Have already started to source a set of PS4's.

Quote:
PS:I am your Facebook friend from Tamil Nadu who kept messaging you about cars.
Sweet, See you around the forums now too.

Quote:
Thats awesome Tanveer_2558. Every time I take my GT out the 3.0L engine never fails to amaze me. Last week had two trips one on the awesome Chennai - Dindigul route and other to small hill station near Vellore - Yelagiri. Got some great mileage (approx 1400 Kms @ 13.5 KM/L, just 1 refill and still with a 280 Kms range) and some spirited driving along the way. After a long time this is one engine that keeps mind and heart satisfied at any time. Its gem to own and drive.
Totally man, Been more than 7 months i got her, Still the best thing i find about the car is the engine, Its just so very effortless, Drive it sedately and it will even give you decent fuel economy, This car might be the very much one which i would keep for a really really long time, All credit goes to the Engine + gearbox combo.

Quote:
5 GT could very well be my daily car mainly because of the engine and literally fatigue free drive.
Agreed man, For me she is the daily car even here in Mumbai!
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2017, 13:03   #101
Senior - BHPian

Got the oil change done again at navneet thane & had an impressive experience.

My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_5430.jpg

My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_5439.jpg

It's not possible to simply walk away after parking her, Clicking a photo is mandatory.
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_5700.jpg

Bhpian Danish9797's ride along with his editing done on his Iphone 6
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_5723.jpg

My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_5744.jpg

My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_5745.jpg

My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_5746.jpg

My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_5734.jpg

Until next update, Ciao!
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 18th November 2017, 22:16   #102
BHPian

OT: Guys I came across a 2012 530d MSport done only 15k kilometres. I believe it is out of warranty. Any suggestions? Is it worth going for it?
Old 19th November 2017, 09:28   #103
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
OT: Guys I came across a 2012 530d MSport done only 15k kilometres.
M-Sport was introduced only in end-2013.

Quote:
I believe it is out of warranty
The F10's reliability is overall good. Go for it if you're getting it at a fair price as this is a 5 year old piece. Be sure to get a full pre-purchase inspection done from a BMW workshop.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th November 2017, 12:13   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
M-Sport was introduced only in end-2013.
Thanks for the feedback. Are there any ways to differentiate between a regular 530d and MSport? Some pointers will be helpful.

Found two differences:

1. Visual: 530d has 10 spoke alloy wheels with 17 inch tyres whereas Msport has 7 spoke allow wheels with 18 inch tyres.

2. Paper spec: 530d has ground clearance of 141 mm whereas Msport has ground clearance of 158mm.

@Tanveer_2558: Sorry to hijack your thread.

Last edited by ampere : 19th November 2017 at 16:21. Reason: Back to back posts merged.
Old 20th November 2017, 09:20   #105
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
Are there any ways to differentiate between a regular 530d and MSport?
Please go through Tanveer & my ownership reports; each & every change is mentioned in detail.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks