Team-BHP - My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/185329-my-pre-worshipped-monster-bmw-530d-m-sport-f10-edit-sold-after-72000-km.html)

Life is too short to think about Reliability, Warranty, Repairs, Service cost, Fuel Economy & Insurance costs! If your right foot makes you grin like a maniac, You are living your life like you should.

My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_6660.jpg

My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-likes.png

My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-dislike.png

Please note : I have written this review in the most simplest way possible, Its more about describing the "Feeling" rather than being technical, All of the technical details of the car can always be found on the internet, Please Pardon my mistake's, Feel free to hit me up with any suggestions you have, Any question's you would like to ask, I hope you guys enjoy the read, It took me months to get all of this together while i was enjoying the car, Travelling & the day to day task's.

Unexpected Messages:
I would like to thanks the guys who had messaged me on social media asking me about the car i bought & when would the review go live! I really had no idea that soo many people were waiting! Thanks, You guys really gave me a boost to go ahead & complete the thread as soon as possible!

Special Thanks to GTO! Cannot probably thank him enough for his lovely ownership thread, Thanks for helping me out during my car selection process too! I hope to get both the Beast & Monster together someday in one frame :thumbs up

Also, Many thanks to Akshay1234, I chewed a lot of his brain since i got the car.

Thanks to Varunraizada, Tejas, Joel for clicking some amazing pictures! Thanks a ton guys!

Which car to sell ?
Both my cars, 2014 Jetta Highline MT & 2015 XUV 500 W10 were doing perfectly fine, I had no complains with none, Specially the jetta after the remap was a hoot to drive, But then the bug of getting an upgrade had bitten me, Now the problem was we need one SUV to take us to places where a sedan cannot, Trust me when i say this, Both my XUV's have been terrific when it comes to handling & driving over no roads at all and still both the car's never gave me an issue! We decided to first narrow down to what car we should buy and then decide which one should we sell, A sedan had to replace with a sedan and an SUV had to be replaced by an SUV, I would never buy a brand new german over a D segment sedan, I Don't think they are priced anywhere near being VFM, BMW 320D M Sport for about 55 lakhs in Mumbai on Road? Ill pay half a crore rupees for a 2 litre engine? Never! I knew XUV was just too new to replace so it had to be a sedan which meant the jetta had to go, So Best option was to find a hardly used one which has been depreciated, The more expensive the car, The more quickly & more it depreciates, Finding a hardly used one at half its original value made the most sense.

Boxes to be ticked in the next car.

* Power (3 Litre engine would be preferred big time, Still 2 litres were considered too)

* Luxurious

* Feature loaded

* Rear Comfort (For parents, They are spoilt by the space in the 2nd row of XUV 500 with a flat floor)

* Petrol or Diesel

* Low Mileage on ODO

* Brand Value (So Only the Audi's BMW's and the like's)

* Reliability

Options considered :

* BMW 3 Series : I was looking around for a 328i since a long time, came across just one car with an absurd asking price, About the 320d there are tons and tons of 320d out there, In probably any colour, Any kms done you need, Lot of options to choose from, I too liked how the 320d Drives, Specially after a remap it would be a totally fun to drive car, But asking myself the question is it a proper upgrade from a remapped Jetta? In terms of Space? No, In terms of power? Maybe, Very marginally i feel (For me since the jetta was remapped), In terms of over all size of the car? No, The car was eventually dropped when dad clearly said he wanted something in the 5 series league.

* BMW 3 Series GT : GT Version actually made a good amount of sense for my requirements, Apart from the 3 litre engine offcourse, But then it had much more leg space, It stands out in the crowd and the retractable spoiler was a neat touch that i loved, But then again the over all design was a hit or miss from some angles, Specially when viewed from the front end the car seems to be a regular 3 series which turns out have a big butt towards the end, Few GT's on sale but over all was not very keen over the car in an over all way.

* Audi A6 3 TDI : Probably the only car that ticked all my requirement, 3 litre V6 Engine, Rear comfort was great, Air Suspension made sure the ride quality was superb, This car made the most sense for me, It was selected to be searched further in the market to select one for a test drive, Even the pricing for these were coming as the lowest when compared to Jaguar XF S & 530d M sport both, Hunt for a sparingly used one started!

* Jaguar XFS : I have always liked how the Jags feel from the inside, Makes you feel you feel special instantly! 3 litre engine was a plus in the "S" variant, Rear space was nothing great but what was a big disappointment for me was the used market price for this car, Several 2012 models of the XFS was posted around 40 lakh's with around 25-30k kms on ODO, Yeah these would be without warranty too, Yes sure after good bargain couple of lakhs could be easily knocked off, Still Thinking about reliability concerns the car was dropped, 2012 models would be really old, We were preferring car's which were atleast 2014 or above, 2013 if the condition was in good nick, We did not want to buy something which is already 3-4 year old.

* BMW 520d : Honestly i wasn't very keen on the 520d, I was only into the 530d but then again there were tons and tons of 520d with BSI and warranty, Very less driven coming off at good prices many of them directly from the individuals, It was tempting for sure but then not enough to make me select this over an A6 3 TDI or a 530d.

* BMW 530d M Sport : I have always loved the 530d M Sport, It had a soft corner in me, Even more after it was face lifted in 2014 with couple of lovely features, It ticked all boxes apart from the rear seat comfort which was a major issue, No one would prefer seating behind specially not my parents for any long drive and eventually ill have to take the Xuv, Yeah they are used to the acres of space the XUV provides in the first and second row along with the flat floor in the second row, Still apart from this the car had everything i would want, More infact.

* Ford Endeavour : Yes, This was a surprise for me too, at 39 lakhs on road for a new Endy, It totally seemed good VFM, Only if FORD would have not been lazy to provide me with a test drive, I waited for more than a week for a test drive, Got call's from several dealer's but none of them ever showed up with the car at the fixed time, Is this how a customer who is ready to spend 39 big ones be treated? I love the endy and who know's i might have bought this car and sold my xuv if a test drive was provided to me on time.

* Mercedes CLA Petrol : I liked the CLA in red colour, Rear was just striking, I drooled every time i saw her on the road, Petrol one had a good punchy motor too, BUT see the car from the front and you'll mistake it as an A class, Plus the car's dimensions and being based on the A class platform was very noticeable, Eventually this car was out as well.

* Volvo S60 T6 : I have always been a fan of this car, I loved how unique this car looked & 300+ BHP on a petrol car? It surely ticked the box of a great engine, There is one car on sale since more than 8 months now i suppose, Its 2015 car in blue colour with around 6k kms on the ODO & still no one was biting the bullet, Low fuel economy + Volvo's brand image in India + Volvo's After sales & network along with the car not being in warranty, Combine all this & an asking price of 40+ Lakhs, It did not make much of a sense, There was no other T6 on sale that i came across, Volvo was selling their test drive car's for around 10 lakhs off but test drive car's are a big no no.

* Mercedes E class : I don't mean any offence to its owners, Looks are completely subjective to each individual, But the E class for me never quite hit the spot in terms of looks, I found it to be very quirky from various angles, Dad too wasn't a fan of how the E class looks, Its not bad but it surely doesn't awstruck you like how a segment below Mercedes CLA does, And according to him, You can't buy something that doesn't please your eyes, Couple this with pretty basic feature list & interior design was the least likeable to us in this segment, Even if looks were not the issue, I wouldn't want myself to be seen getting out of an E Class at this age, Probably when i am married & when i have kids!

Car's Test Driven :

* Audi A6 3 TDI : I had checked out an sparingly used A6 3 TDI quattro couple of months before at a dealer, The car looked in good nick, V6 motor had good grunt, Rear space was any day better than the 530d, It was even significantly cheaper for the same make and ODO running as the 530d, BUT the steering felt really numb, And Quattro makes the car build up speed so effortlessly, There is no drama, You'll build speed before you know it, It was surely quick but its not always about being quick right? For some reason the enthusiast inside me was not impressed how the car drove/Accelerated, Quattro is soo good that it takes away all the fun and drama you would get from a 530d, Don't get me wrong, A6 3TDI is very good, But in Short my heart did not skip a beat while driving it.

Thats me taking it for the spin
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-369fd2bf34a2437e9c4d72bf3b775382.jpg

Thats Bhpian iliketurtles getting the feel of the car, We were totally impressed by the ride quality of the car, Air matic suspension does wonders when it comes to comfort
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-fb1862253ceb4b7d944a5c2ea71acd0f.jpg

Interior quality was top notch but the design was showing its age
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-758845462cb04ea9a4c78bd68bec41f3.jpg

* BMW 530d M Sport : The first car i checked out was the 2013 white one with cinnamon brown interiors, Interiors looked bloody good! I had driven the 530d previously so i had a hint how does she drive, Just drove it again to check the car and boy did i like it! In line 6 makes me smile as soon as i sit in the driver's seat, That LONG bonnet again makes the driver feel there is something special under the hood, I liked the interior's in the 530d more than that of the Audi, Audi's had started to get a bit boring, 530d M sport along with the M Kit, Head-up display was a bigger plus again, Later checking out the 2014 model with all the facelifted features completely sealed the decision for us, New steering wheel, Adaptive LED's, Harman Kardon music system etc in all came to be as a great package, Even though with the rear leg space issue we decided on the 530d M Sport, Only fly in the ointment was the rear space which can be rectified a bit by taking the front seats ahead by a bit.

This picture was from the 2013 model, Notice the broken AC vents and the lovely looking cinnamon brown interiors, Which i actually din't like after i sat in the car with beige interiors, Cinnamon brown interior made the car "feel" smaller & claustrophobic inside, Beige colour makes the cabin feel airy big time (Even my dad agreed to this)
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_4291.jpg

Then she came,
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-screen-shot-20170428-2.03.32-am.png

These were the major reasons to why she was finalised even though she did not have an extended warranty/ BSI.

* ODO at only 19,100 kms only!
* ZERO Scratches/Dent on the car (owner used & parked her with care)
* Totally Stock from exterior/Interior both, No extra badges, Paint jobs etc
* Interior too in short was just NEW!
* No insurance claims made on the car
* Serviced a month back at BMW Infinity
* Polished 2 days back at a reputed shop in Worli
* MH Registered
* 2014 Model gets more equipment ( I was leaning more towards 2014+ models)
* Brand New Bridgestone Tubeless tyres

Combine all this & you have to believe car's in such condition are hard to come by, 2015/2016 Models would have not depreciated much, Rather i did not even come across a single 2015 or 2016 model in the past 6 months of my car hunting! (Except the test drive car's from BMW) There were a couple more 2014 models on sale which had done around 35-40k kms on the ODO with a asking price of more than what i paid for this car & they were on sale for more than 6 months & anyways i was not keen on buying anything which had more than 20,000 or max 25,000 kms on the ODO.

2013 vs 2014+ : One is cheap, One is Expensive, Which one to choose?

2013 Model : Significantly Cheaper, 24000 Kms on ODO, 2 Broken AC vents, Low Brake Fluid, Worn tyres, Dealer accepted to change the vents, fluids and 2 tyres, White colour on the M Sport was my favourite, The diffuser at the rear of a white M Sport Looks brilliant! MH 01 Registered so no issue about that too, Body condition was okay, But the colour seemed to have gone a bit pale, Was also on sale since more than 6 months and no one bit the bullet? M Sports are Rare and they move pretty quickly, Was this a sign of something being fishy? Maybe. Even Navnit motors had a 2013 model with 50k on ODO & a racechip asking price 36 lakhs + 1.5 lac's for a year of warranty! 530d With a racechip would have been driven sedately? I don't think so! Anyways 50k run was again something i wasn't keen on jumping for, I dropped the idea of even checking out the car.

2014 Model : Expensive, 19100 kms on ODO, MINT Condition, No work to be done, Loads of more features than the 2013 model, Adaptive LED's and the Steering being my favourite, All tyres brand new tubeless, MH 01 Registered again and not even a single nick on the car, Trust me when i say it was in, "Showroom condition", Imperial Blue looked very good! Dad actually loved the colour more than the white one, Buying a used car should never depend on what colour is the car, Also it was a major draw that this car was a 2014 model with less kms on the ODO, than the other one which was a year older with a few more thousands kms on the ODO, Also i was the first one who got the see the car since it came on sale, So it basically felt this car came below my building and was on sale just for me.

Now it was just these 2 car's out of which i had to select, The White coloured 2013 Model had the M5 Badge along with the front kidney grills being blacked out like the big daddy too, Must have also been driving like an M5 ? Maybe. The other one was the Imperial blue 2014 Model with 19xxx kms on the ODO, in PERFECT condition, I can easily give it 10/10 really! Polished just a day back along with all brand new tubeless tyres, No other cosmetic changes to the car too, It was totally in the showroom condition which i liked! The other 2 cars that i checked out both were 2013 models and both carried the M5 badge, One of them was abused in probably all the way possible, I was indeed sad to see a car in such a state, It was ABUSED! Had several dents/Nicks/Low Engine oil,Worn brake pads, Completely worn tyres, And you know what did the dealer post the cars details online? That everything is in excellent condition! I just wasted my time visiting the dealer at Napeansea Road, No wonder that car has been on sale for a long long time! I really din't feel he had any knowledge about cars, He thought the jetta that i came in was a 2010 model! Anyways back to the car's i had to choose from, It seemed like an easy pick right? Just get the 2014 one which is in completely perfect condition? But then comes the price difference which cannot be ignored, 2014 model was costing me a whooping 8 big ones more! But then, Here comes a conversion between me and my dad.

Dad : "So which one did you like more? 2013 or the 2014 model?"

Me : "Of course the 2014 model, Even you liked it more!"

Dad :" What are the differences between both the car's? What extra features does the 2014 one have?"

Me : "Adaptive LED Headlights, Touch pad, 16 Speakers Harman kardon Music system, A Proper M steering, Digital instrument cluster, LED Tail lamps, Different Alloy design, This is all i can recollect as of now."

Dad : "Just like GTO told you, Specifically for us when we swap car's in a couple of year's, 2013 makes more sense, It will depreciate much lesser than the 2014 one".

Me : "Totally Agreed, 2013 one drove well too but just not as nice as the 2014 one, Or else we would have to wait for another 2013 model to come by".

Dad : "If we get the 2013 version won't you try and retrofit all these by spending huge chunk of money on these parts?"

Me : "Rolling Eyes, Trying to see how fast was the fan rotating above."

Dad: "2014 one it is then".

Me : "Done Done!"

The Chosen one : We test drove the 2014 model near our place, The car was sent to my place exactly below my building, One glance at the car just from the outside and we knew this is the one! It was in MINT condition and it looked like the car is just out of the showroom, Honestly the feeling of knowing from inside that this is the car you want, That came up! Even dad loved it, Even from the inside the interiors were sparkling new, Everything about the car felt superb really, There was no question about it, We could not even point out one thing that we did not like about the car, I mean not even a single small scratch on a dark coloured car in a city like Mumbai! Says a lot! You have to be really careful in buying a used car, And also from whom are you buying it, Its equally important i feel that you become confident on the individual/ Dealer your buying the car from, Amit from Quick car world sent the car to me, He gave me a guarantee that i would love the car and he sounded very confident, He simply told me we will talk after you have checked out the car & Indeed he was right! My Heart Skipped a beat while i saw the car, I stepped inside and also when i drove it. Ive found the one i was looking for i said to myself. Its hard to see such MINT condition cars come by often, Specially from a dealer you trust, Amit has also sold 3 other car's to my best friend who is also a silent Bhpian, And he too only had good things to say about him! It does matter to have a genuine dealer on the other end! I was more than satisfied with my deal. Car's like this which are practically NEW and will cost you less than 50% of its original value! I would say, Pay a bit more than your budget is, But get the one which makes YOU Skip your heartbeat!

Days before the Delivery : Ahh, The days that don't go by quickly do they? Don't we all wish that we could fast forward all these days so that the delivery day would come directly? Anxiety killing your hunger and having butterflies in your stomach and your mom thinks your in love (Again) Sadly for me i had to wait for a week, A long weekend in between delayed the process a bit, But full credit to Amit, He did his work blazingly fast, Kept bugging all my friends even more during these days! Thanks guys! Kept researching more and more about the car, But nothing really helped as much as GTO's thread really, I must have probably gone through the thread around 20 times in total!

But i had to part ways with her first : My loved, Cared, Pampered baby, VW Jetta Highline TDI MT, I wouldn't have bought anything else after i had a test drive of this car, Slick shifting Manual gearbox, Explosive Diesel engine combined with Multilink suspension was totally fun, The car had gone bonker's after the remap, I kept the car for couple of months more after the remap only because i did not feel like letting her go, Gladly a family friend came to know i was selling it, & he quickly came at my place & took the car home! I can driver her when i want, Ill get to see her very often too! So i was happy. All the below pictures were taken during the day she was parting ways with me, I literally sat on all the seats, Front/Rear, Recollected all the good memories in the car/With the car, Was an emotional moment for sure, Sad moment surely, But thinking about what's coming up next gave me goosebumps.
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_4440.jpg

My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_4442.jpg

My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_4454.jpg

My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_4459.jpg

My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_4433.jpg

No i did not want to peel off the sticker, But had to since the guy who would be driving it said he did not want any attention, That din't help! Till he has bought the car he has called me up several times to tell him that people stop back, Look at the car, Point out the car & a couple of times even asked him that is this car is from Team-BHP! Haha, Also Self parking is a feature ill surely miss, Man it was easy peasy to impress anyone with that if you know what i mean :D

Now its the time for the Monster, That's how she looks from the outside.

Exterior :

A logo that sells because of the "Driving Pleasure" it provides
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_6505.jpg

Look from whichever angle you want, It will still awstruck you
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_6517.jpg

Once inside the car, I forget everything else
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_6520.jpg

Front view is my favourite! Very aggressive, You cannot mistake this car for anything else than a beemer, Also Spot the photgrapher
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_6523.jpg

I prefer completely round or these DRL's, Personally not a fan of the new half cut ones
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_6652.jpg

You know its a bimmer, From Any angle you see it
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_6653.jpg

DRL's + M sport bumper + BMW's kidney grill, All of these add to that aggressive look
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_6654.jpg

A Closer look
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_6657.jpg

OVRM's are of perfect size i feel, Headlight's from behind won't trouble you either
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_6519.jpg

The Rear, Notice the white Number plate lights, Looks really good in the night
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_6659.jpg

A Monster in the Jungle
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_6662.jpg

Watching the sunset
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_6132.jpg

Long Bonnet + Short boot = Drool worthy
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_6140.jpg

She is a sight to watch, Every time i park the car & turn back to see her, Also fog lights are white LED's, Very bright
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-screen-shot-20170428-2.03.32-am.png

Spot BMW, Attention to details, The curves, Those LED's, Its all astonishing!
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_6663.jpg

It was either this badge or no other 5 series i'd own
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_6667.jpg

With the bonnet raised, Get an idea how long it is
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_6668.jpg

Those LED's look really flashy & attractive in the night, Their intensity increases depending on how hard you brake
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_6669.jpg

Traditional BMW Kidney Grill
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_6670.jpg

Love the subtle M badge on the side's
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_0374.jpg

Got the wiper's replaced from outside, Valeo clean superbly! Costed me 4,000 INR, BMW Sells it for more than double of what it costed me
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_6331.jpg

M Stills welcome you!
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_0443.jpg

Every free minute that i get, I can stand in front of her & drool over the long bonnet!
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_6157-2.jpg

Guess what colour is the car? BMW call's it,"Imperial Brilliant blue" However in certain lighting conditions the car looks black! Post evening it will be very hard for you to spot the blueish tinch in the colour
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_5905.jpg

Every single time i am driving her, You can see it on my face that i am loving it!
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_0588.jpg

How she looks during a bright sunny day from the side view
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-screen-shot-20170507-1.24.19-am.png

Interior : Its an amazing place to be in.

Complete view of the interior
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_6336.jpg

View from the driver's eyes
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_6342.jpg

Another view, Love every bit of the interior, Quality levels are superb
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_6511.jpg

I literally love this steering wheel!
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_6344.jpg

Gear lever & the idrive controller is very ergonomically placed for the driver
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_6347.jpg

Simple, User friendly layout
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_6322.jpg

2 Cup holder's & the dedicated key slot, I love the cover for these, It open's up in a slow motion way & i prefer keeping it shut, Love the texture over it
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_6376.jpg

The immensely useful, Auto Hold button can be seen here, Along with electronic parking brake & a if you want to activate parking assistance manually
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_6379.jpg

Gear lever feels superb to hold & operate
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_0560.jpg

Arm rest compartment is deep & very useful to safely stock your wallet's, Keys spare phone etc, Also has the AUX In here & the USB connection for your phone too
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_6382.jpg

Notice the glare of the windscreen, Its very annoying during the day, But now it seems i have got used to it & i look pass it
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_6389.jpg

Vent's seem to be fragile, Instruct who ever washes your car about this for them to be careful
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_6396.jpg

Very nifty & deep storage compartment on the right side of the driver's seat, Also can be see above the HUD ON/OFF button
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_6401.jpg

Just one word, "Classy"
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_0501.jpg

Driver's side door, Doesn't shut with a "thud" like how a jetta's door used to! Storage compartment is good to keep a microfibre cloth thats it!
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_6403.jpg

Glove box
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_6387.jpg

Its very spacious inside, Texture is top notch!
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_6386.jpg

Look what's hiding inside the glovebox!
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_6384.jpg

When the surroundings are dark, That's when the ambient lighting looks the best.
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_6467.jpg

Driver's side door
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_6469.jpg

Love being in this car during the night!
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_6468.jpg

I completely love the Head-up Display, Shows your current speed, Song list, Active phone call, Navigation , Any active fault code etc, A few more things can be added via coding, I personally love the navigation part, It also shows in which lane you should be! However i need to update the maps
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_6774.jpg

Song list
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_6775.jpg

The green lit button is the Window lock switch, There is a lag of about 0.5 second's after pressing the button for the light to come up, Next to that is the highly useful button for the automatic rear sun shade
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_6793.jpg

A closer look at the driving mode button's
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_6796.jpg

Touch pad/ iDrive Controller, Its very ergonomically placed for the driver, However the Radio button is not visible to the driver
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_6795.jpg

The ultra useful Auto Hold button, Along with the electronic parking brake & the button to start the parking assistance manually
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_6799.jpg

Even the ashtray is lit, The cover again open's up in a slow motion!
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_6794.jpg

I completely love the Head Up Display, Specially while using Navigation
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_6998.jpg

Even tell's you which lane you should be in ! Love the details
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_7006.jpg

Adaptive LED Headlights :

Man, I never knew i would love these soo much! In the city sure, They are super bright & provide lot of illumination on the road, BUT! The magic starts when you start driving on the highways! That's where you can see how smart this system is, As soon as it detects a dark place ahead it will automatically switch to high beam, You need to press a button on the stalk to activate the camera, Once that is done, Just forget about switching from low beam to High beam or about the oncoming traffic, With the help of the camera the headlights will do everything for you & make sure you always have enough lighting ahead for you to be safe without blinding any other motorist on the road, Now trust me this surely reduces fatigue, It adds to the comfort big time during those night journeys, It add's up to keep you feel relaxed all the time, You have less of these extra things to do, So all you can concentrate is to keep a check on your speed & the grin on your face.

Following are some of the pictures which shows how smart the system is in multiple scenarios, I personally love the moment car switches from low beam to high beam when it detects lack of light ahead & then back to low beam when there is sufficient light again, Yes even the motions from the screenshots below can be clearly seen in real time & sure does feel like magic going on ahead.

My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-screen-shot-20170407-12.17.59-am.png

My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-screen-shot-20170407-12.18.15-am.png

My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-screen-shot-20170407-12.18.44-am.png

My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-screen-shot-20170407-12.19.09-am.png

All this tech sometimes feels stupid to have in India at times though when most of the other drivers from the opposite side & even behind you use high beam all the time, I remember Audi A6 Matrix had a lot of buzz going around with such a similar feature, But i never got the point, Ill plonk in 50-60 big ones to buy a car that will not blind other motorists but probably everyone else will blind you from everywhere possible? I would never buy a car just because of such tech's, For me the major draw in 530d was the engine, Everything else came like a cherry on the cake.

However i started loving this feature even more when once my dad was driving in the night & i was in the passenger seat, Man its a sight to see! The way the headlights switch from high beam/Low beam/ Open a tunnel ahead etc, Its just superb to see, The lights are so powerful that you can easily see all the changes the headlights are making for you, At no point it leaves a dark spot in front of your car without blinding anyone on the oncoming side or any car thats ahead of you, Also as soon as you start the camera, The very next second if it detects there is less light ahead it starts doing its magic, There is absolutely no delay at all, I am a fan of driving in the night & now this will push me even more to opt for night drives, Its seriously a very good tech to have.

Here is a picture of where you can see all the 3 lights active, Including high beam, The light in the middle comes one when you press the button on the stalk to activate the camera, High beam light comes on & off as & when it happens
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_6216.jpg

That's the camera which has to be activated by pressing a button on the left stalk, Camera is very well integrated & very quick in terms of response time
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_6333.jpg

BMW Adaptive LED
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_6323.jpg

My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_6327.jpg

Thats the button that has to be pressed to activate the camera
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_6368.jpg

Harman Kardon Audio System :

Who doesn't like a good music system in their car? After all that's something which i am sure all of us use, I personally don't listen to anything special, Probably about anything works for me, But yeah i do prefer the music system to be good & punchy, 16 Speaker Harman Kardon system is very very impressive, I play my music through my iphone, Sound quality is Top-Notch! I am still playing with the equalizer settings, Take the volume even to 70% of the max volume & still there is no distortion or any sort of disturbance in the music, It just keeps going louder & louder! I cannot even think about upgrading anything in the music system department, Absolutely love the system.

Details of the Music System :
Speakers
600 watts
Amplified Power
Logic 7® Surround Sound
Technology

Some pictures
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_6369.jpg
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_6370.jpg
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_6372.jpg
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_6349.jpg

Tune it according to your taste
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_6763.jpg

Tune it further if you want
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_6764.jpg

I use Apple music on my 7 plus, Works flawlessly & shows all the required details
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_6791.jpg

Digital Instrument Cluster :
Trust me i was not a fan of the digital instrument cluster when i first saw it, I prefer the real needles & a simple clean look, Just like how most of the beemers come with, But give it sometime & this grows on you, This cluster plays with your head, Check out the pictures below to see how the cluster looks in different modes, My favourite being the sports mode, All red background + Your speed goes completely digital.

Eco Pro mode
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_6264.jpg

Comfort Mode
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_6260.jpg

Sports Mode, Notice the 0 - 320 HP bar, So you know how much power you car is pumping out, Super neat touch!
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_6262.jpg

Sport + Mode, Save this mode for the tracks
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_6263.jpg

When the engine is off & Your listening to music, You can select the songs from here since the HUD starts only when the engine is started, Neat touch!
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_5894.jpg

Magnifier :
I also like the magnifier function, It basically magnifies the number's of your current speed & RPM both, A Neat touch but i prefer to keep this function OFF, Ill give these a shot later, Following are couple of pictures with this feature ON & OFF both, Spot the difference yourself.

Normal Look
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6260.jpg
Views:	873
Size:	1.83 MB
ID:	1630177

With Magnifier Function
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_6279.jpg

Select the things you want to see
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_6759.jpg

I prefer having the Date/Month/Year right in front of me, Convenient to have during those phone calls to decide about something.
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_6760.jpg

Also found the Hidden Menu's, Still trying to decode these though, While some are self explanatory, Press & hold the Trip button for around 10 secs while the car is running to get this menu, Once you get the menu press once to toggle, Press & hold to select
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_6780.jpg
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_6782.jpg
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_6783.jpg

To reset any of the service interval on your own it can be done by pressing & holding the TRIP button while you turn on the ignition till you see this, Press once to toggle, Press & hold to select, This can be useful if the service centre forgets to resets it in the first place, You can do this for your front & rear pads, Engine oil, Brake fluid & vehicle check
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_6787.jpg
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_6788.jpg

Usage Pattern : There is no fix amount of kms that i cover in a day or week or month, But yeah i have to drive daily, Either for business or leisure, Now Even though i would love to use this car everyday, End of the day i take a call if i should take her out or the XUV depending on my destination, I will always avoid taking her to crowded places, Narrow lanes, Places with no proper road etc, Ill happily take the xuv's where i don't feel confident taking this car, Still just for reference i have done about 3,000 kms in a month and half since i have got her, Which included a few of short highway trips, Most of the running has been in the city in the night for now, She will be seeing more of the highways in the coming month, Also this car will mostly see just 2 people in the front seat, That's the best place to be in the car.

Idrive : Its so very intuitive use, All the possible details about the car are easily available, From driving mode, To your trip computer, Vehicle status, Service requirements, Music Playlist, Playing Videos, All of it, The idrive knob is so ergonomically placed that i find myself keeping my hands on the knob while driving even when i am not using it, My left hand gets total support & i just have to move my fingers to see any detail that i want, The User interface is superb with great animations & absolutely no lag at all regardless of the function your using, Split screen is another neat addition where i can view 2 different information together on the screen in split view. I never though i would actually use the touch pad on daily bases, But i was wrong, I find my self typing/Sketching the alphabets over the touchpad instead of selecting them while rotating the knobs, I would say probably 98% of the time it detects my stupid looking hand correctly, Only when i try to be ultra stupid with the system that's where it gets confused, But that's not the system's fault is it, Love the screen, Day or night, Its always bright & the screen is so well integrated that no sunlight actually hampers your view, It looks crystal clear even during the brightest sunny day.

Main Menu, Everything is sorted perfectly
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_6412.jpg

Every time you change the driving mode, It shows on the idrive, You can turn this OFF if you want to
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_6265.jpg

If you don't prefer the reverse camera, This does the work very well too, Sensors are very accurate & quick to react
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_6281.jpg

However this is the best one to have with both the view, I really miss the 360 view though
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_6282.jpg

I often use this every time i switch the car to sports mode, Very nifty to have
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_6415.jpg

5 of the major things to always keep an eye on, Super convenient to know the life/Days Remaining of these parts individually
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_6416.jpg

Even the smallest error/Alert will be shown here
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_6417.jpg

Easy to find anything you want to know specifically about the car
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_6770.jpg

E Manual
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_6419.jpg

Navigation, Lot's can be customised while putting a destination.
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_6777.jpg

Something to know about the battery, E Manual is very very detailed, Can take upto hours & hours to go through every thing
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_6421.jpg

If you start getting this Pop up even if the key is inside the car, Its simply time to replace the key battery, Get one from any stationery shop & change it yourself! Its an easy DIY
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_4755.jpg

Pretty Straight forward to update the software, Enter your VIN on the BMW website, Download it to the pen drive, Attach the pen drive & click on software update
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_4736.jpg
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_4737.jpg
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_4738.jpg

Settings for Head-Up Display
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_6761.jpg

Touchpad menu
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_6762.jpg

Trip computer
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_6771.jpg

Alloys : I am one of those few people who are totally crazy about the alloys on their car's, Viewing a car from the side the only thing that will get your attention first is the alloy design, Even while buying the jetta, I was sold over the Highline model mostly because of the Atlanta alloys it came with, Yeah i know there were many more features to get my attention in the highline variant but the biggest push that gave me to go for the top end version was the alloys, Similarly the alloys on the 2014+ M Sport variant that came was one of the most favourite designs of mine! I could simply not have enough of these and i admire them every single chance i get, Having said that if someone is curious to know, 1 Piece of these will set you back by 58,000 INR for the rear & around 54,000 INR for the front, If you plan to buy it from BMW that is, You want to see how much attention these get you? Look around when your stuck in traffic or your waiting at the signal, 18"+ Low profile tyres does make the car stand out, Looks bloody good! Lets keep the low profile tyre's + Mumbai Roads combo for sometime else, Sometimes its all about how you like it, How you wanted your car to have alloys, I am a big big fan of these stock alloys, I am never changing or painting them, I completely like how they are, That small "M" badge embossed on the alloy is like a cherry on the cake, Talk about attention to detail? how many times even the owner would come towards his car and notice that badge? Not everyday! There are lot of other eye candy outside to get your attention, But maybe that once or twice when you spot that badge, And boy! Does it make you feel nice, And make's you feel your moolah was well spent!

My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_6651.jpg

Tyres :Tubeless Bridgestone Turanza! If i had to change the tyres these would have been my last choice, Maybe! But unfortunately before the deal was sealed with the dealer, He got the tyres replaced to these from a well known tyre shop, The moment i heard the word tubeless i was sure it would not be a staggered setup & Indeed i was correct, It wasn't! I wasn't very happy at first but hey, I got brand new tyres with the car & even these tyres ain't cheap right? Even if it will last me 20k ill happily replace them to whatever i would want later on, I had the option to take it to a couple of other tyre chaps i know and get them replaced, But then i wasn't willing to spend anything else over & above getting the car at that point of time, So i accepted this fact & decided to stick with these tyres till they worn out, It will also give me some time to get to know the car completely before i take the plunge to make it even more MAD! (Yes she won't be stock for too long) & her shoes will be changed before she gets more power.
Following are some details about the tyres as of now,

Bridgestone Turanza : 245/45/18 All round!
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_4739.jpg

Dry Grip :These tyres came in as a blessing in disguise, I am curious to know how much would they last, Since currently i am absolutely loving these, Super silent + Grippy + Tubeless, Makes a good combo, Surely floor the throttle from the standstill & the electronics has to cut down the power a lot for the car to be in a straight line, BUT This can experienced only on concrete roads, I took her to palm beach road and man the tyres grip very very well, Put the foot down in comfort mode and there is no wheel spin at all, Switch to sports mode & the traction control light came up just for a second or so and thats when i realised the claimed 0-100 timing of 5.8 seconds is surely achievable, All this considering i am on 245/45 sections at the rear is very surprising indeed! I Have driven about 4,000 kms since i bought the car, Including several highway trips to Pune & Nasik, I have to say this tyres have really exceeded my expectation's, They are not only silent but very grippy as well, They behave the best obviously on Tar surface, They grip very good & several times during twisties i was surprised to what speeds i was doing & the tyre's still were gripping extremely well & without any noise, So till these tyres worn out ill probably source a pure performance oriented tyre's to handle the additional power the car would be getting soon, Maybe il try to source Pilot sports 4 S ? Maybe!

Wet Grip : Ill probably be able to comment on this once the monsoon hits us ( I hope it does soon), Found a couple of reviews on the internet though where people were complaining about the wet grip of these tyres, Lets see, Ill wait for the monsoon to find these out myself.

Tyre Noise : There tyres are super silent, Regardless of the tarmac, I would easily give these tyres a 9/10 when it comes to this, Several times i find myself switching off the music, Driving at around 100 kph, I can feel complete silence in the cabin, This was also appreciated big time by my parents, No tyre noise further adds to the comfort of the passengers. On tar road's, Drive at around 100 kph with seriously no engine or tyre noise makes you feel your just gliding

Air-Conditioner : Chiller! Its crazy that i am saying this referring to a german car, But man the Air-con in this car is insane! Goes down till 16 degrees, Though i always keep around 22-23 during a hot sunny day & around 24 in the night! It sucks that rear passengers don't get their own climate control but well in the end the cabin cools quickly so not much of an harm done, Controls are pretty straight forward, I personally always keep it at Auto & sometimes increase or decrease the Air flow manually, Pressing the sync buttons makes sure the rear is cooled faster too.

You also get this feature where you can schedule the car to circulate fresh air if its park under direct sunlight
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_6752.jpg

These 2 fan's will appear once you have activated this feature & turned off the car
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_6751.jpg

Clicked this picture when i was out with my dad during the evening around 7.30 pm or so, We had set our own individual settings!
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_6800.jpg

Interior Storage & Practicality : Very poor, Door pads have the capacity to hold, Well a microfibre cloth? Or something of the similar sorts, There is not even a sunglass holder! You cannot store a proper bottle of water anywhere, This is when you realise comfort & convenience was not BMW's top priority while making this car, Centre arm rest in the rear seat is useful for the rear passengers though, Even the backseat pads are of really hard plastic which doesn't really extend enough for you to store anything useful, Again probably a couple of magazines or news papers, That's all.

Ergonomics : SPOT ON! Everything in the cabin in the cockpit is tilted towards the driver, Basically the car puts the driver in the spot light, It seems everything is positioned "For" the driver, The centre console near the idrive controller flows slightly lower towards the ground instead of being straight, Result? When using the controller or even resting your hands over it, Your palm is in the relaxed position, While that the fingers naturally fall over the controller for use, Simply spot on! Only sour point would be the Mute/Pause button which is a good stretch towards the left, Add to that the knob is a little small than i would have liked, Top it with no such button on the steering wheel is another dumb move, Apart from that everything falls into the cabin just perfectly, Never i would have liked to change anything in the cabin.

Braking : One word, Superb! Those massive disc's all round will stop the car mostly before you intend to, Its crazy how can she built up speeds & similarly its crazy enough how can she shed the speeds, All though under hard braking you would probably have your heart in the mouth since you would probably stop before you hit the car in front, But what about the car behind? I have tried braking hard on the highways at good amount of speeds & there is absolutely no drama at all, Regardless of the speed she will stop in line in the most composed manner possible, Gives you really good confident while your driving her, Moreover the brake pedal feel is superb, Most of the time just a slight touch on the brake pedal will decrease the speed for you. Also what i have noticed is the ABS kicks in just at the perfect time, Its not very soon or late, Just at the time i would have needed it, Twice i had the ABS kick in till now ( I plan my braking well in advance most of the time) & both of the time it was sort of an emergency situation, Just when i though that the ABS should kick in right n... & it did! Totally love the braking capability of the vehicle, It had to be like these anyways though, Considering the amount of power the car has, Braking like this becomes mandatory!

Gear Shifts : When in D mode, You won't even realise most of the time when is the car upshifting or downshifting, Unless off course you become generous with the throttle, What i love about this mode is, You want a quick over taking maneuver? Press the throttle just a little & the gearbox happily downshifts for you to give you the instant boost & once your done as soon as you lift off just a little from the accelerator the gearbox upshifts & again goes back into its snooze mode to maximise fuel efficiency so that you can continue cruising.

When in Sports mode, The upshifts are lighting quick, Now is the time when you know when the gearbox is upshifting or downshifting & its good in a way for you to know, Once you have reached a cruising speed, You can simply maintain it & still the gearbox will be ready to provide you the instant boost when you floor the throttle, In Short, Sports mode is where the combo of this Engine + ZF comes into play, Its simply astonishing to experience it from a 4 door practical car!

Eco Pro mode : One word, Lazy! This mode is supposed to save fuel for you & sure does the gearbox work in that way, Upshift's happen as soon as possible & it just won't downshift easily, This makes the car super lazy in Eco Pro mode, I sometime use this mode only during bumper to bumper traffic where i don't intend to frequently change lanes or put down sudden acceleration.

Modifications planned :

Remap : Oh yes, It will happen, Probably right after my current set of tyres wear out, Life is too short to think about warranty & reliability, But yeah taking some precautions is never a bad idea, I won't probably go for a tuning box, I would like the car to have a proper remap from a very reputed tuner who has probably done several 530d's, I have already seen around 4-5 530d's being remapped to put out around 305 bhp with 650 Nm torque Lets see, Ill start researching when the time comes closer, For now the stock power itself feels too much, But well, You can never have too much power, Can you?

Pure performance tyres : Ill go in for the staggered setup & the only thing that il be wanting is, GRIP! Feel free to shoot me with any advices that you guys have, Ill need a set of special shoes before i give this car 300+ bhp to put down, I might even have to import a set of pure performance tyres, Guess this will happen when i have clocked 20,000 kms on the current set of tyres.

SuperSprint Quad Exhaust With diffuser : Ahh, The only thing i wished the car had! Something to suit the brutal acceleration, A Nice exhaust sound! Supersprint has a bolt on kit for the 530d, Quad exhaust with dual outlet diffuser looks sick! But i am not very sure how would it sound, More over a price tag of about 1.5 lakh's on something which i am not very sure about the end result surely discourages me, Lets see, Maybe when i get some more concrete information on this.

Some more things :

Carbon Fibre Spoiler : This will come, But not anytime soon though.

Carbon Fibre Gear Lever cover : It looks nice, But i am not very sure if it will gel with the interior properly.

Aluminium pedals : I need this as soon as possible, I completely hate the OEM accelerator & brake pedal, Not that they feel bad, Its just doesn't feel or look sporty! Common BMW, Atleast the M Sport version deserved better pedals.

Features i feel that makes every drive an occasion : I am listing down some things that you makes you feel special, Makes you feel every drive is an occasion.

* Love the key fob, BMW Logo to lock the car feels good

* Chunky door handles (Also illuminated in the night) is something i really like using

* Inviting cabin for the driver, Cockpit is a superb place to be in

* The way the steering moves up completely to make more space for you while you get inside the cockpit & then reset's its position

* M Steering is too good to hold, Feels your holding something special

* The engine off course, The way it raises the bonnet under hard acceleration is a sight to behold

* Adaptive LED's doing their magic in the night is superb to watch

* The way the seat belt pull's itself & tighten's according to the driver makes you feel you are always being "Watched"

* Different driving modes, Select it as per your mood

* LONG Bonnet is something i really really like

* Digital Instrument Cluster has grown on me, Very funky & informative at the same time

* Interior Ambient Lighting, Even though i find it to be a bit dim, Still it Surely makes the cabin feel premium

* Lovely Idrive system, Superb to use along with the crisp screen in the front along with harman cardon system is sweet

* Head Up Display is superb, Very Crisp & provides all the useful information to the driver

* Huge Sunroof

* Every time your walking towards the car from sideways, You can't help but just stop & drool over the alloys

* Aggressive front end, Car's in the front usually give you the way to pass, Those DRL's during the day are super bright!

Engine:

The heart.. Its so tightly packed, Every time i pop the bonnet, I simply drool over it, Every little thing is so sophistically placed, Every single thing in the engine bay looks great, The engine bay itself is a lovely sight to see
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_5994.jpg

The main reason i opted for a 5 series, It was going to be either a 530D or No other 5 series, Start the car & personally for me i love the way the engine starts, Type of a grumble along with a very slight shake from the bonnet & then it set's into something very silent & refined, I find my self switching off the music, Keeping all the windows rolled up just to hear that little sound coming from the engine, The engine doesn't feel like a diesel at all, Not even at higher RPM's, Any Non-car person can easily pass this off as a petrol engine, Its that good! & After this level of refinement what you get is 258 HP with 560 NM of Torque! You need to be careful even in while driving around the city in comfort mode, Its more than enough in the city, You have to be careful & keep in mind how much of a gap there is between your car & the car in front before you press the accelerator, It can easily chew a good chunk of road in the span of a few seconds. It can deliver the biggest grin on your face possible, The engine is so very rev happy, Its like every second the engine want's me to just floor the throttle! NEVER ever the engine noise irritates you or the passengers, I never thought i would say this, But i wouldn't have even minded if the engine was a bit more vocal in higher RPM's, It sounds really really good & satisfying & does make you "feel" there is something special under the hood. It actually takes time to get used to the car totally, Be very very sure while giving the car key to your driver or any valet, A slighter extra jab on the accelerator can really shoot the car forward.

Before you start the car, Once the car is started it also shows the real time engine oil level
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_5341.jpg

One instance that i'd like to share, Waiting to take a U turn on marine lines (FYI, Tarmac here is the smoothest you find in Mumbai) late in the night, I had already turned the steering & was waiting for the signal to go green, Mine was the first car in the lane, This was just my second day with the car & the tyres were too in the running period of their age & i pressed the accelerator just very slightly more than i had to & the tail happily spun so much that i had to counter steer & accelerate to go on straight, With dad next to me, He thought i did it on purpose & well i preferred to let him believe that only, The car was in comfort mode too, Like i said, I love how aggressive & economically the gearbox behaves in D mode, Honestly this engine + gearbox combo is totally a gem.

I could not spot even one single open wire, Every thing is covered! Hydraulics help lift the heavy bonnet
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_5996.jpg

Something i find myself doing very frequent now, Driving at night around 60-70kph in ECO Pro mode, I switch the car to Sports mode, I cannot possibly pen down how it feels but trust me, It totally transforms the car & the way the engine comes alive with a meaty grunt is totally music! You can barely hear the engine in Eco pro mode & when you switch to Sports mode, Its a totally different scenario, Its like the engine just came alive! :D

She deserves to be driven on highways though, The way she eats up the road & builds speed is something nuts, That's when you feel HUD is there for a reason & not just to add a fancy list of feature, Trust me on this! This car can do super silly speeds even before you know it, There were a couple of instances already where i was shocked to see the speed i was doing & it had just been a couple of seconds that i floored the pedal that too when i was in comfort mode! Its totally useful to have your current speed right where your eyes is, This car doesn't even give you a second to take a glance at the speedometer to see what speed you are doing, Dad says, The in gear acceleration is really brutal, The car that you could see really far, You would reach that car in a couple of seconds, Totally true, The aggressive downshift's from the gearbox is simply superb, But i prefer using the paddles while down shifting instead of waiting for the gearbox to do it for me, Put the car into sports mode on the highways & then what happens is simply nuts! She goes crazy with the gearbox & engine keeping her at the boil to give you the best performance in every gear, I cannot possibly tell one thing about this engine that i don't like, Its supreme when it comes to refinement, Love the sound the engine grunts out while revving it, Its crazy how she takes off under aggressive downshifting, Infact if there was one thing i actually wouldn't mind having was a little more engine sound, Its that good to hear.

How does she drive as a total package?
In comfort mode, Till your driving in a gentle way its totally fine, In the city this is the mode you would want to be, Takes the bump's very well, Even picking up speed from standstill is no issue, Off course ride quality is no match against audi's air suspension & the E class, But was "Comfort" my priority buying this car? Hell no! Drive in comfort mode on the highway & you'll feel the body roll while cornering, You'll feel the car bouncing on uneven patches, You can keep the gear box in sports mode & the suspension in comfort, But you can't do the vice versa! Which is totally a sour point, I wouldn't want to keep the car always in sports mode when i am with family, Still if you drive under a certain speed your good to go.
Switch to Sports mode & you'll instantly feel the steering gets pretty heavy, Firmness of the suspension can be felt, Sports mode is where the car truely shines on the highways, Sticks to the tarmac like a glue, Keeps the body roll to the minimum & plenty of power always ready to make you smile.

Launch Control : I have tried it once man i did love it no doubt about it, This was the moment i felt the 245 sections at the rear was not suiting the car, A proper set of performance tyres with a staggered setup would be the best, Following are the things to follow for using launch control.

My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_6266.jpg
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_6267.jpg
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_6268.jpg
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_6269.jpg

Rattles : Let me first go touch a truck load of wood, No rattle's or squeaks from the cabin! I really cannot bear any rattles in my car (XUV is an exception here) Thankfully i have driven the beemer on almost all types of surfaces and happy to experience no rattles at all, Just one super annoying thing being no proper lock in for the passenger seat belt, So if the passenger seat belt is not in use, That creates an annoying sound! Simple fix? I keep the passenger seat belt tucked in too even when there is no one sitting.

Fuel Economy : Well, I have never really cared to what fuel efficiency i was getting, Not while driving on the highways or in the city, Anyone who usually have asked me this question after knowing its a 6 Cylinder 3 Litre engine, I have simply told them that i get "10 Smile's per Kilometre", But well just for the sake of it, In the city with medium to heavy traffic i have never seen anything above 8.5 till now, On the highways though even in comfort mode be gentle with your acceleration & plan your braking can reward you with good fuel economy for sure, In Eco Pro even more but then that's really not a mode you would want to drive this car in.

This is what i got in comfort mode, Check out the start time, Journey time & distance covered & i got 11.4 kpl! I am happy with that since i know i do not drive with a light foot, The car shoots forward on every single open road she gets.
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_6771.jpg

Drive in ECO Pro mode on the highways & the car will reward you with much much better fuel economy, I have tried it once & i got to see 16.5 kpl too, That's when my dad wanted to take a power nap & i was easily cruising around 90-100 kph.

Rear Entertainment System :
Its a hit with ladies & the kids! Trust me i was least excited about this, But then it kinda helps in distracting the rear passengers from the poor leg space, Plus the screen itself is really nice & crisp, The resolution along with the viewing angle is pretty good, Even during the brightest sunny day it does not hamper the screen in anyway, Its not just about watching movies or videos during the long journey's, You can also get to know about the vehicle information & even a navigation! So my dad sitting behind doesn't need to ask me how faar are we from the destination, Or how much distance have we covered/ Fuel efficiency etc, He can all check it behind on the screens. It probably supports most of the video formats except MKV, Put in a 720p or 1080p MP4 video & it will happily play, Clarity is superb! You can even watch photos or hook your gaming console of you need, You even have Headphones output separately for both the screens so they can enjoy the content without disturbing the front passengers.

Main menu, Its exactly the same as in the front
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_6861.jpg

External Devices, I prefer using a USB stick
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_6862.jpg

Clarity is crisp! Videos are a treat to watch really
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_6864.jpg

Even the colour are vibrant
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_6865.jpg

You can tilt the screen to get the best viewing angle you would like to have
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_6866.jpg

My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_6867.jpg

Remote control, Very nifty to use, Scroller like wheel is nice to operate
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_6872.jpg

Vehicle Info
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_6874.jpg

You don't have to ask or peak ahead to check any information, Its all there
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_6875.jpg

Navigation
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_6876.jpg
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_6877.jpg

You can adjust the brightness, Keeping it in the middle to is really enough, Anything over it makes it keep getting brighter!
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_6878.jpg

When the audio source is selected as speaker's, You can even tune these!
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_6879.jpg

With no rear AC Control's, Remote gets a nice place to sit in there, Thanks to the texture inside the compartment it does not fall around, Also notice the USB stick
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_6881.jpg

BMW Official Merchandise :

Key chain's, Key cover, Mug's, Air freshner's, Pricing is obviously steep for what the product offer's, I still got tempted to get the "5" key chain, Built quality is Amazing though along with the "Made in Germany" embossed at the back & the small bmw logo looks really good, Costed me 1923/- INR

My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_6001.jpg

You can see the prices of other stuff in the picture below,

My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_5969.jpg
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_5970.jpg

While i was there at the service centre i also enquired about the M Performance accessories, Even though very few things were there for my 530d M Sport, What caught my eye was the amount of pricing that was quoted,

M Performance sticker on the side skirt = 16,000 INR

Rear Diffuser for 530d M Sport : 86,000 INR

Front Bumper Splitter : 64,000 INR

Verdict : You can get these for much cheaper from outside, If you know the right source, Ill probably look into this at some point of time, But as of now i love the way she looks in the stock form.

Insurance :
It took me around 5 days to get quotes from several websites & broker's, Its such a mess buying insurance these days with everyone bad mouthing about other company's, Not only that the prices vary from every company and difference between one company to another can go up as far as 20,000 to 30,000 INR ! For the same IDV + Zero Dep + Add on's, Planning to renew your insurance? Start researching atleast a week before, Get quotes from most of the company & then send the quotes to different company's & see how everybody reduces their prices!

Finally narrowed down to Bajaj Allianz, This the best package they have to offer along with Zero Depreciation, Got a really good deal including all this and the IDV that i wanted, Other company's were offering the same for 15,000INR more, Research well guys, You can save a good amount in doing so, Its a pain buying insurance these days!

 24x7 Road side Assistance-

Flat Battery-
In case your car gets immobilized due to
a flat battery, we will make alternative
arrangements to make your vehicle
mobile again

Towing Facility-
In case your car gets immobilized due to
any breakdown or reason of an accident
we shall arrange for a free towing away
of your car from the accident /
breakdown spot to the nearest
authorized dealer/ workshop

Taxi Benefits
If your car meets with an accident / breakdown
taking place within 100km of your city, we will
provide a Taxi or any other transportation
service to transfer the occupants of your car to
a single destination

Accommodation Benefits
If your car meets with an accident / break
down taking place beyond 100 km from your
residential city, we will provide hotel
accommodation for the occupants of your
car.

Legal Advice
If you meet with an accident while traveling
in your car, you shall be entitled for a free
legal advice upto 30 minutes from a legal
advisor over the phone.

Fuel Assistance
If your car gets immobilized due to fuel related
problems, we will either arrange for 3 litres of petrol
or diesel on chargeable basis or towing of your car
to our nearest preferred workshop.

Spare Keys
In the event of you losing the keys of your car,
we will arrange for the pick up and delivery of
spare keys to the spot where your car is
located.

Flat Tyre
In case of flat tyres, we will arrange for the
refill of the flat tyres and/or replacement of
the flat tyres with a usable spare tyre to
make the vehicle mobile again

Medical Co-ordination
If you meet with an accident while traveling in
your car, you can call us to obtain details
regarding the nearest empanelled medical
center that can provide emergency relief
services.

Minor Repairs
If your car is immobilized due to breakdown,
we will arrange for minor repairs to make your
car mobile again.

 Accident Shield (Unnamed PA of 5 lakhs per person) -

 Key & Lock Replacement Cover (Sum Insured of 30,000)-
In case of irrecoverable loss of keys of
the insured vehicle, we will indemnify
for the cost of replacement of keys,
subject to the Sum Insured
In the event of a security risk arising
out of the incidence of lost keys of the
insured vehicle, we will indemnify for
the cost of installing new locks in the
Insured Vehicle

 Personal Baggage cover (Sum Insured of 60,000) -
Will indemnify in respect of the loss or
damage to the personal baggage whilst
kept in the insured vehicle and caused by
the insured perils mentioned under
Section 1 of the Policy, subject to the
Basis of Loss Settlement Criteria as specified

 Depreciation Shield -
Will cover the depreciation amount on the
damaged parts allowed for replacement in
the event of a partial loss to your car, up
to 2 times during the policy period.

 Engine Protector-
Water Ingression:
We will cover the consequential damage
to the internal part of the engine of your
car arising out of water ingression
resulting from an accident.

Undercarriage Damage:
We will cover the consequential damage
to the internal parts of the engine of your
car arising out of leakage of lubricating oil
due to an accident.

Gear Box:
We will cover the consequential damage to
the Gear Box of your car arising out of
leakage of lubricating oil due to an accident.

 Consumables expense cover-
If the Insured Vehicle is damaged by a covered
peril mentioned under the OD section and needs to
be repaired, we will cover the cost of consumables
required to be replaced/ replenished during the
repair of the damaged vehicle
Consumable for the purpose of this cover shall include engine oil, gear box oil,
power steering oil , coolant , AC gas oil , brake oil , AC refrigerant , battery electrolyte ,
windshield washer fluid, radiator coolant, nut & bolt, screw, oil filter, fuel filter,
bearings, washers, clip, wheel balancing weights , and items of similar nature
excluding fuel.

 Conveyance Benefit – Benefit of 1000 per day for a maximum of 7 day

In Short everything possible from an insurance company is bought for the car for a year! Surely does give you some peace of mind. :thumbs up

BSI Package :
Well its a must no doubt, But specially for me right now with my car having just under 22,000 kms is a no brainer, Following is the cost of the BSI for my car, So basically if i paid, 338,905 INR & get the 4 year/ 60,000 kms package, I would just have the package valid till 1.05.2018 or another 40,000 kms! Now for sure i am not going to cover 40,000 kms in a year on this car & even in the next 20,000 kms atleast i do not see any major servicing parts being required since my car was also serviced recently, Hence shelling out that amount is a no brainer for me
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-screen-shot-20170419-3.11.26-pm.png

I hope to see my better half (Whenever that happens) saying the same to my kid someday...lol:
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-11378514_436938156488958_1922518057_n.jpg

With this il say the chao chao here,
Drive safe, Always Buckle up! Keep Revving! :thumbs up

Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the Initial Ownership Section. Thanks for sharing an outstanding review of an outstanding car. Rating 5 stars.

I just completed 2 years of ownership with my 530d and did a Bombay-Goa run to celebrate (report coming up). IMHO, this is the best sedan for an enthusiast in India - there's nothing else quite like it. While I love her styling, interiors, equipment etc....it's the engine & gearbox that are a level or two above the rest. The explosive 3.0 inline-6 with the ZF 8-speed is a match made in heaven.

Both our cars are the same model, same colour, have a similar odometer reading (at the time of purchase), sourced from the same used car dealer and for the same price. What are the odds of that happening between two BHPians? :D

Congratulations - wish you many years of enjoyable driving with the 530d :thumbs up.

Congrats brother. Wishing you happy miles with the car. :thumbs up.

Looks like the old owner was a Valentino Rossi fan, eh.

It would be nice if you can record a video of adaptive headlamps in action, been a fan of that technology.

Woah!!! finally the review is here. I was waiting for it ever since I saw her photos that you had shared on message. What a lovely and detailed review. I loved the photos too the core and that reminds me that even I have to add the photos to my review.

She is a drool machine, and an absolute no brainier upgrade from our mean 2 liter machines. Congratulations once again and that calls for meet for sure.

Your parting photo reminded me of the monster that I have parked in my garage below. Though not as ferocious as yours, but yes does the job when need be. :D

PS- Now I know from where to source one, when I am planning one.

Even given your itch to modify cars, this baby has come so loaded that you don't need to modify it. But I know you will. Because you're the modder it deserves, but not the modder it needs.

She's a beaut buddy, and you know it. Congrats on the new ride man, here's to many, many more rides together, some of which will be with you locked away in the backseat while we do the Tokyo Drift at the wheel. Such is life.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 (Post 4182242)
[b]
Drive safe, Always Buckle up! Keep Revving!

Hi Tanveer, An excellent review indeed. If you don't mind, would you care to indicate the name of the dealership which you brought your baby from and also the cost break up (unless you wish to keep it confidential that is)?

Wish you loads of happiness with your machine!

Best wishes,

Harish

Congrats buddy!! You have got the diesel monster and a very well written review :)

Any plans to remap / tuning box? :D