Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2017, 14:27   #31
BHPian

Re: Fire in the Mountain : My Red & Black Maruti Vitara Brezza (1 year and 17k km up)

That is exactly what has been my point over the years, as I myself know a few owners of Maruti Suzuki cars. The service costs are similar to other well established brands or even higher. But no one pays attention to that as the hype created as the first mover is such that they have captured the dealer network which in turn knows how to push the volumes. The only advantage is the ease in availability of spare parts and servicing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
Congrats on the purchase and the anniversary!

You had mentioned that service cost of Brezza was cheaper than Ecosport.
I own a 2 year old 41k run Ciaz ZDI, for which I have spent 45k on service alone. Just the routine services every 5000 km. In comparison, my friend who owns an Ecosport having the same mileage/ 2 year old, and has spent just 30k on routine maintenance and service.

Maruti still has the perception of being a manufacturer whose products are cheap to maintain, which in my experience (7 maruti cars ownership so far) is wrong. Marutis are costlier than Ford when it comes to service costs.

And as you have rightly said, maruti's DDIS 200 is fun to drive beyond 2000 rpm, and dead below that. Ecosport is much better when it comes to turbo lag.
Old 11th August 2017, 17:44   #32
BHPian

Re: Fire in the Mountain : My Red & Black Maruti Vitara Brezza (1 year and 17k km up)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountaineer View Post
[u][b]

1. Premier RIO
2. Duster
3. Creta
4. Ecosport
Attachment 1622975
I was curious to know why you did not opt for S-Cross. It is price wise closer to Brezza and cheaper than Duster. It had all the capabilities of the Brezza and was better in terms of built, ride and handling, space etc.
Old 12th August 2017, 18:44   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfi hansi View Post
I was curious to know why you did not opt for S-Cross. It is price wise closer to Brezza and cheaper than Duster. It had all the capabilities of the Brezza and was better in terms of built, ride and handling, space etc.
Well that's good question as Scross is probably the best car Maruti has made till date.

Actually due to the fact that Scross did not fit into my looks and it felt more like a car than may be a SUV or a pseudo SUV.
Old 13th August 2017, 16:11   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountaineer View Post
Well that's good question as Scross is probably the best car Maruti has made till date.

Actually due to the fact that Scross did not fit into my looks and it felt more like a car than may be a SUV or a pseudo SUV.

Excellent review mountaineer! It's a pleasant coincidence that my story is very similar to that of yours. Even I drove a Ritz before buying a Brezza ZDi+ (Blazing Red & Midnight Black) albeit VDi model. I was obsessed with my Ritz so could not sell it and sent it to my hometown (Bhubaneswar) for my father to use it as a 2nd car. I booked the Brezza on 3 April 2016 and got delivery on 22 July 2016. I have done about 13000 kms and absolutely in love with the car. I drive about 80 Kms per day for my daily commute to office in Delhi from Gurgaon and share it with my other car, i.e. Celerio. You can say I am a die hard Maruti fan and find it very difficult to think beyond considering the reliability factor. Cheers and wish you many more miles with the Red beast!!!
jbpanda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2017, 21:15   #35
BHPian

Happy Anniversary! I would've completed one year with Brezza too if I hadn't heard of Isuzu's VCross.

Thank you for sharing such a detailed report of car that is worth every penny. I love this car. Its got that evergreen design like the Lancer (2001 model) or even the Tiguan.

Yes, the plastic could be better but I think they got it right with the Dzire. As far as the engine noise is considered, I reckon it could be because you're more inclined to own/drive petrol vehicles. As a diesel head, I need the sound of the engine to be heard. It's an amazing feeling to hear the sound. Positive side of this is, you can instantly know if there's a problem with the engine before even the warning light turns amber/red. I am not saying that Noise levels shouldn't be taken care of better. The sound is like hand in glove with diesel vehicles.

But this is just what I need.

Have another wonderful year
Boomerang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2017, 18:53   #36
BHPian

Great review Mountaineer. As GTO had mentioned, the SWOT, as well as several of the other comparisons were very realistic; particularly the one with its contenders. The objective viewpoint helped.

I particularly liked that you maintained a balance between the technical input and the real-life everyday aspects. Very helpful to those wanting to make a decision.

Some great pictures as well in various settings. I particularly liked the ones in the rocky areas.

Most Viewed