Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2017, 00:13   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Video Review: 2017 Mercedes-Benz E-Class LWB (V213)

Likes;

- Looks & Stance
- Power Delivery of the V6 Engine
- Interior Space & Comfort
- Air Suspension & Ride Quality

Dislikes;

- Run Flats & 225 mm width tyres (Better, Wider tyres should transform the ride & handling further)
- Ground Clearance is at a low 135 mm (Even low @ 120mm in sport, sport+ mode)
- Missing features like the HUD, front double display screen & rear infotainment is disappointing at this price point.
- Big Price Gap between the petrol & top end diesel v6 (the nicer version).

The video starts off with a quick Open-Air Classroom session;

Video Review: 2017 Mercedes-Benz E-Class LWB (V213)-screen-shot-20170405-12.04.24-am.png

And an in depth discussion on Engine Performance & Handling;

Video Review: 2017 Mercedes-Benz E-Class LWB (V213)-screen-shot-20170405-12.06.06-am.png

Other Observations;

- The LWB may look mis proportionate in pics but in flesh it seems to look pretty good.
- The doors of the car never seem to close properly, it seems they are the ones designed for the soft close feature, hence looks like a last minute omission by Mercedes India.
- Steering is good for a Electric Unit.
- Though the seats are of artificial leather they seem to be of great quality & will not disappoint at all.
- LED headlamps are excellent.
- This being a LWB & Real Seat focussed car is jokingly missing Audio / Mercedes Command Controls at the back.
- Rear seats recline by 37 Degrees.
- Its Fast & Fun to drive, handles well too, as i said in the review DO NOT confuse judgement with handling as its a long car.
- But, Handling could have been better with wider tyres as these 225's scare more than the length of the car.
- Though i have mentioned the Ground Clearance as a dislike, but i love the stance of the car.
- This is the 1st time that the E-Class is offered without a spare tyre (Does offer a space saver though)
- Fuel Economy i managed from the V6 was a decent 10.4 km/l & with 66L Fuel Tank will have a good range.
- Note, this time there will be no E250d on offer but an E220d which will launch soon.
- This new 2L Diesel from the E220d is codenamed OM654 (All Aluminium) and will have 195hp & 400NM of torque (100 NM less than the E250d which was 500NM)

Last edited by karan561 : 5th April 2017 at 00:39.
karan561 is offline   (38) Thanks
Old 5th April 2017, 00:19   #2
BHPian

re: Video Review: 2017 Mercedes-Benz E-Class LWB (V213)

Sir, your reviews are getting greater by the second ! I wait for your opinions on the car with baited breaths after reading the official review. Please carry on the good work!
Stratosphere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th April 2017, 00:48   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Video Review: 2017 Mercedes-Benz E-Class LWB (V213)

Brilliant review buddy!!! I am a huge fan of your video reviews.. No reviews detail on technical points like you do
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th April 2017, 19:51   #4
BANNED

Re: Video Review: 2017 Mercedes-Benz E-Class LWB (V213)

Very nice review Karan Really liked how you have mentioned each and every detail about the car, even some big magazines have failed to mention some of them in their reviews .

Keep giving us amazing reviews.

Last edited by GTO : 6th April 2017 at 10:40. Reason: Typos
hitsun23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2017, 01:33   #5
BANNED

I have been following your channel on youtube for quite a while now and the reviews are just fantastic! They're almost like a video version of the team bhp reviews (i cant think of a higher praise than that) and even the quality of the videos is so good for an amateur channel, its better than some boring pros that exist in the indian auto journalism.

Hope to see all the latest cars coming up on your channel.

Btw, i am curious. How do you manage to get these cars for enough time to shoot the whole thing? Especially the more exclusive ones like this E class and the Maserati that you did previously.
agambhandari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2017, 01:33   #6
Senior - BHPian

Awesome review. Did I miss what this comes on the road for? And your style of reviews are good. You think and speak which makes it feel natural and not mugged. This car is gorgeous!! Would you be getting one?

Maddy
maddy42 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2017, 09:53   #7
BHPian

The fact that one man alone is able to produce videos of such high quality is amazing!

Seriously, why can't Team BHP start doing video reviews? You should lead the team :P Maybe you can start by doing tie ups with Powerdrift.
SS8939 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2017, 20:14   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
I have been following your channel on Youtube for quite a while now and the reviews are just fantastic! They're almost like a video version of the team bhp reviews (i cant think of a higher praise than that) and even the quality of the videos is so good for an amateur channel, its better than some boring pros that exist in the indian auto journalism.
Thank You agambhandari for your kind words.

Quote:
Btw, i am curious. How do you manage to get these cars for enough time to shoot the whole thing? Especially the more exclusive ones like this E class and the Maserati that you did previously.
Like in this case Mercedes Benz India was kind enough to send in their press car for a few days similarly FCA was with the Maserati.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
Awesome review. Did I miss what this comes on the road for? And your style of reviews are good. You think and speak which makes it feel natural and not mugged. This car is gorgeous!! Would you be getting one?
Maddy
Thanks maddy42, well this E350d will be aprox 80L on road Mumbai, too pricey IMO. If i were to buy this i would wait for the E220d & settle for that

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS8939 View Post
The fact that one man alone is able to produce videos of such high quality is amazing!
Thank you for your wonderful comment & appreciation
karan561 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2017, 08:47   #9
BHPian

Awesome review Karan!

One thing I wanted to ask, doesn''t the rear seat recline? Looks like they do in the ads, would have been nice if that were highlighted. Nonetheless, truly like your reviews!
teemus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2017, 12:54   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Pricing of respective variants

Brilliant review as usual. Your reviews just keep on getting better.

Coming to the E class, it's good to see Mercedes taking the Indian market seriously and giving us the LWB variant.

However, I do think that pricing for the E350 could have been lower, especially since the car is chauffeur driven and there wouldn't be many takers for this variant.

The E200 is better VFM. For those of you who are interested, here are the prices OTR Mumbai (there might be slight differences)

- Mercedes Benz E350 CDI - Rs. 87,38,640

- Mercedes Benz E200 Petrol - Rs. 69,67,058

This translates to an OTR difference of roughly 17-18 Lakhs, too much for a chauffeur driven person.

The E200 is much more competitively priced in this case.

Last edited by GTO : 7th April 2017 at 16:40. Reason: As requested.
vishy76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2017, 16:10   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Pricing of respective variants

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemus View Post
Awesome review Karan!
Thanks
Quote:
One thing I wanted to ask, doesn''t the rear seat recline? Looks like they do in the ads, would have been nice if that were highlighted. Nonetheless, truly like your reviews!
Yes it does recline by 37 degrees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishy76 View Post
Brilliant review as usual. Your reviews just keep on getting better.
Thank You vishy.
Quote:
However, I do think that pricing for the E350 could have been lower, especially since the car is chauffeur driven and there wouldn't be many takers for this variant.
But still there are many who walk into the showroom and say they want the "Top Model"
Quote:
The E200 is better VFM. For those of you who are interested, here are the prices OTR Mumbai (there might be slight differences)
- Mercedes Benz E350 CDI - Rs. 87,38,640
- Mercedes Benz E200 Petrol - Rs. 69,67,058
This translates to an OTR difference of roughly 17-18 Lakhs, too much for a chauffeur driven person.
The E200 is much more competitively priced in this case.
Thanks for sharing the OTR prices, but i still believe E200 petrol should not be considered as the E220d will only be 1-2L more than that and will be a much superior engine to consider once launched in the next couple of months.

Last edited by karan561 : 8th April 2017 at 16:39.

Most Viewed