Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2017, 15:14   #91
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Lexus ES300h Ownership Review | EDIT: Bagheera celebrates 7 years and 76,000 kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by M00M View Post
I am also looking at the ES but was quoted 63.would appreciate any help on this. Thanks in advance
You should check what the on road all-in cost is. Mine was Rs 70L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Narayan- The sales guy claims they don’t even give mats. Which seems bizarre. Can you confirm what all they gave you included with the car.
In round figures inclusive of tax - the floor mats came for Rs 16k including tax; Foldable storage box was Rs 12k; Mudguard Rs 13k; Car cover Rs 22k. What came in the base price was the usual stepney, tool box, jack. Lexus chaps are resistant to bargaining. You have done well in getting discounts and extras out of them.

Quote:
How much did you pay for insurance? Policy bazaar doesn’t even have Lexus listed they usually give great rates on new cars.
Insurance was Rs 105k.
Old 31st December 2017, 20:46   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Lexus ES300h Ownership Review | EDIT: Bagheera celebrates 7 years and 76,000 kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post

Insurance was Rs 105k.
1 lakh for insurance is pretty good! Is this for zero dep+consumables etc? Was there any NCB you transferred over from an old policy?
Do let me know which insurance company too.

Sorry to bother you with all these questions! This was too quick a car buying decisions this time hence relying on your experience for the most part
Old 31st December 2017, 21:48   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
1 lakh for insurance is pretty good! Is this for zero dep+consumables etc? Was there any NCB you transferred over from an old policy?
Do let me know which insurance company too.

Sorry to bother you with all these questions! This was too quick a car buying decisions this time hence relying on your experience for the most part
First my apologies. The insurance premium is Rs 2.2 lakhs and not the Rs 105k as I incorrectly stated in an earlier post. Took the policy from ICICI Lombard which was the company the dealer/Lexus had their tie up with. Other than the usual items the policy covers back to invoice value in case of a total write off + tyres + hydro lock + consumables (in case of a repair). The batteries are covered automatically as they are a part of the car.

Best of luck with your purchase. The best interior is the topaz brown. Send us some photos if you go ahead with your purchase.
V.Narayan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th January 2018, 22:21   #94
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

What has been your/your uncle's final decision. Just curious. what car, which colour. Thanks.
Old 5th January 2018, 22:41   #95
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
What has been your/your uncle's final decision. Just curious. what car, which colour. Thanks.
I booked the car last week itself. Navy blue color with tan interiors and dark wood.

Just waiting for the interest rate revision to come through as SBI cut rates this well. ICICI has offered me 7.75%
Getting insurance on my own from HDFC Egro for 1.4 lakhs. Total onward price is working out to approx 63 with the 5 year warranty.

Last edited by Sahil : 5th January 2018 at 22:43.
Sahil is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th January 2018, 09:31   #96
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I booked the car last week itself.
Congratulations. What is the lead time for delivery
Quote:
Navy blue color with tan interiors and dark wood.
This is an excellent choice of colour-interior combinations. This was my choice too but my wife, for whom the car is meant, preferred the steel grey with beige-bamboo interiors. And so it was.
Quote:
Total onward price is working out to approx 63 with the 5 year warranty.
This is a steal. A whole 10% less than what I paid last year. Good for you. Please post some pictures when she comes.
V.Narayan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2018, 15:57   #97
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations. What is the lead time for delivery
The car is in stock. I have kept the loan disbursement on hold for the new rate but after that it should take them a week or so I guess.

Car is going to be based in our Pune office so the novelty factor is higher since there are not any/many Lexus cars in Pune.

The Mumbai dealer has promised to send a Lexus technician to Pune Toyota service center within 24 hours for any work / service required on the car.
Sahil is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th January 2018, 17:38   #98
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The insurance premium is Rs 2.2 lakhs and not the Rs 105k
That looks too much, we paid about 1,1 Lac + GST for Brand New 7 with an Invoice value of around, Only things different being Hydrostatic protection, which we did not opt as it comes from BMW in the First Year. Also missing was cover for back to invoice value in case of a total write off.

This was from New India, they are aggressive these days.

Last edited by Turbanator : 6th January 2018 at 17:40.
Old 6th January 2018, 22:08   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The Mumbai dealer has promised to send a Lexus technician to Pune Toyota service center within 24 hours for any work / service required on the car.
That shows Toyota's commitment to customers.

Will the local service centre be able to handle routine service?

Also awaiting the service experience from Mr. Narayan, it would be interesting to see what a hybrid has to go through in the routine service.
honeybee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th January 2018, 18:25   #100
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
That looks too much, we paid about 1,1 Lac + GST for Brand New 7 with an Invoice value of around, Only things different being Hydrostatic protection, which we did not opt as it comes from BMW in the First Year. Also missing was cover for back to invoice value in case of a total write off.

This was from New India, they are aggressive these days.
New India’s quote was slightly higher. It all depends on the IDV. Can you check what IDV you have on the 7’s policy. Also you might have transferred NCB from another car to this which would give a good saving.

The engine secure is something I too used to skip but seeing the flooding that happened in Mumbai this monsoon I have started opting for it.
Sahil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2018, 20:01   #101
BHPian

Quote:
New India’s quote was slightly higher. It all depends on the IDV. Can you check what IDV you have on the 7’s policy. Also you might have transferred NCB from another car to this which would give a good saving.

The engine secure is something I too used to skip but seeing the flooding that happened in Mumbai this monsoon I have started opting for it.
I too am thinking Navy Blue and Tan interior, do you have any pictures of the same ?

I thought 59 was inclusive insurance as well. Finalising in the next few days. Let me know what to look into before signing on the dotted line, did you take any bank loan ? Whats the current interest rate as i have not taken loans in a while so no idea on the same, appreciate the help.
Old 7th January 2018, 22:01   #102
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I too am thinking Navy Blue and Tan interior, do you have any pictures of the same ?
These are stock pictures but I hope they help. Interiors in Topaz Brown and wood work in Shimamoku style. Exterior in Deep Blue Mica - in reality the dark blue colour is a shade deeper than what is seen here. I test drove a car with this combination. I felt it was regal and attractive.
Attached Thumbnails
Lexus ES300h Ownership Review | EDIT: Bagheera celebrates 7 years and 76,000 kms-es250shimamokuornamentation.jpg  

Lexus ES300h Ownership Review | EDIT: Bagheera celebrates 7 years and 76,000 kms-download.png  

V.Narayan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th January 2018, 07:22   #103
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
It all depends on the IDV. Can you check what IDV you have on the 7’s policy. Also you might have transferred NCB from another car to this which would give a good saving.
Standard practice for calculating IDV is to take 5 % off on Invoice price though for policies with an option of Return to Invoice it maybe 100 %. We have not Transferred any NCB either, by my past experience, Toyota guys are most expensive when it comes to Insurance and I the expect same with Lexus.

We actually paid- 1,01 + GST

Quote:
For the First Year, it comes from BMW without any charge, for engine and tyres so no use of opting. If I remember correctly this should add 8-10 % more on premium but that's about it.
Attached Thumbnails
Lexus ES300h Ownership Review | EDIT: Bagheera celebrates 7 years and 76,000 kms-screen-shot-20180108-7.18.26-am.png  

Last edited by Turbanator : 8th January 2018 at 07:38.
Turbanator is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2018, 13:45   #104
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

I thought 59 was inclusive insurance as well. Finalising in the next few days. Let me know what to look into before signing on the dotted line, did you take any bank loan ? Whats the current interest rate as i have not taken loans in a while so no idea on the same, appreciate the help.
I had already mentioned to you in the PM that it wasn't inclusive of insurance.

Bank loan rate also has been mentioned in this thread which is 7.75%

Actual pictures of the color combo attached below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post

Standard practice for calculating IDV is to take 5 % off on Invoice price though for policies with an option of Return to Invoice it maybe 100 %. We have not Transferred any NCB either, by my past experience, Toyota guys are most expensive when it comes to Insurance and I the expect same with Lexus.
Thank you! Have sent your policy to my insurance agent. Lexus pricing is ridiculous, I am getting it done on my own anyway.
Attached Thumbnails
Lexus ES300h Ownership Review | EDIT: Bagheera celebrates 7 years and 76,000 kms-whatsapp-image-20171230-3.29.42-pm.jpeg  

Lexus ES300h Ownership Review | EDIT: Bagheera celebrates 7 years and 76,000 kms-whatsapp-image-20171230-3.29.43-pm.jpeg  

Lexus ES300h Ownership Review | EDIT: Bagheera celebrates 7 years and 76,000 kms-whatsapp-image-2017230-3.29.42-pm.jpeg  

Lexus ES300h Ownership Review | EDIT: Bagheera celebrates 7 years and 76,000 kms-whatsapp-image-20171230-1.12.25-pm.jpeg  

Lexus ES300h Ownership Review | EDIT: Bagheera celebrates 7 years and 76,000 kms-whatsapp-image-20171230-1.52.52-pm.jpeg  

Sahil is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 8th January 2018, 23:39   #105
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations Sahil. That makes 2 Lexus' on Team BHP I guess. Your new steed looks handsome. See if you can pen a review even though it will be based off base in Pune if I read right. Many happy miles.
Quote:
Actual pictures of the color combo attached below.
V.Narayan is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks