Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2017, 17:43   #16
BHPian

Re: Porsche Panamera Edition Diesel : My new daily drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangarx View Post
One of my friends has gotten himself a Cayenne Turbo S and I was awestruck to just sit inside it. Kind of spellbound when was driven around and had a short spin. Man, this is one beautiful machine. The 'cockpit' as it is fondly called is awesome. Every bit the German pedigree shines through.

Congratulations on the excellent possession and enjoy every bit of the ownership!
Thank you for the kind words! It truly does feel like a 'cockpit' and is a wonderful place to be in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan View Post
Porcupine!

Nice handle there, congratulations on your excellent purchase! This is my dream car, the panamera always manages to carve out that exclusive niche.

Superb, would really appreciate some more pics with some contrasting surroundings, will make it stand out and boy such a gorgeous beauty must definitely deserve it.

Its beautiful!

Cheers!
Trojan
Thank you sir! I will definitely try to get more photos in various surroundings! In the meanwhile I want to attach some edited action shots from my instagram.

Porsche Panamera Edition Diesel : My new daily drive-fullsizerender-9.jpg

Porsche Panamera Edition Diesel : My new daily drive-fullsizerender-8.jpg

Porsche Panamera Edition Diesel : My new daily drive-fullsizerender-7.jpg
Porcupine is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th May 2017, 17:59   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

I too don't like SUVs and I have always felt Porsche is not meant for someone like me who needs 4-seater for family, decent ride and enough ground clearance. You review is an eye-opener. Thank you so much for such a detailed review. It's a fantastic choice considering the cars you already own and your requirements. Fabulous interior colour to boot. Two questions:
Did you not consider petrol motor?
Compared to W222, don't you feel the car has too many plastic buttons?
androdev is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2017, 18:14   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
I too don't like SUVs and I have always felt Porsche is not meant for someone like me who needs 4-seater for family, decent ride and enough ground clearance. You review is an eye-opener. Thank you so much for such a detailed review. It's a fantastic choice considering the cars you already own and your requirements. Fabulous interior colour to boot. Two questions:
Did you not consider petrol motor?
Compared to W222, don't you feel the car has too many plastic buttons?
Thanks man!

I did consider the petrol engine briefly, but they didn't have any stock of it, and didn't want to wait 4 months for one. Also my main criteria was a diesel V6 so I didn't really bother much trying to source the petrol car.

And yes there actually are way too many buttons on the console, something they've gotten rid of in the next gen model. But with that said, it's nice to have a button to go directly into the menu you're looking for than having to fiddle around with the touch screen!
Porcupine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2017, 19:06   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porcupine View Post
The instrument cluster has 5 circular displays in a very clearly set out bold display.
Very impressed by the instruments provided for the driver, as usual the revv counter takes precedence and i love the way the multi info screen being beautifully integrated with in the signature porsche dials.

Special mention about the oil pressure and oil temperature instrument readings given as separate dials, not only aids a owner who has a keen eye on the knowing his engine status from time to time but also maintains the nostalgic dashboard design of their past models.

Many congrats on your new acquisition, wishing you hundreds of thousands of trouble free motoring experience.
sriramr9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2017, 19:29   #20
Senior - BHPian

Well, cant say anything about the car itself. Should be a great to drive and feel. But as noted, there are too many buttons and looks like Porsche got confused with so much of space available (what with having done many sports cars) and were looking at covering them all !
srishiva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2017, 19:45   #21
BHPian

Congratulations on acquiring this beauty!

I particularly love the LED screen which projects maps.

Any experience that you can share on the automatic rear spoiler?
rvd8732 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2017, 05:25   #22
BHPian

Congratulations on your new drive. I test drove the deisel Panamera a few years ago, and it was a memorable experience. Any idea what a typical service costs? I remember the Porsche representative telling me that it's not as expensive to service as people would think. I think he mentioned that a typical service costs somewhere around 45k (this was almost 4 years ago though)

PS: I also noticed a sweet AP Royal Oak on your wrist! A watch guy perhaps?
Biohazard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th May 2017, 09:16   #23
Sip
BHPian

Hey Porcupine congrats on purchase of spectacular car!!

And thanks for introducing us to the finer details of such a superb package of excellence. So glad to go through the honestly compiled elaborate review. Fantastic !!

EDIT : Just curious to know that if there is a need to raise the suspension in the midst of a drive, how long it takes?

Last edited by Sip : 13th May 2017 at 09:19.
Sip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2017, 09:19   #24
BHPian

That indeed is a special car and as you said, it's really really wide! I see one almost daily and had the same comment but damn it looks beautiful in person unlike the pics. I was about to ask why not the Cayenne Diesel S which is way more powerful but I see you have a response already on why you are not interested in SUV. It's funny why the Panamera did not come with the bigger diesel engine which would have made it even more ballistic. Luckily the new generation Panamera is going to make that happen.
Oh, and that was a brilliant review of the car. It's not everyday someone takes time to discuss and review in such minute detail the features of an exquisite car like this. Rating this a proper 5 star!

Last edited by rosh_aveo1.4 : 13th May 2017 at 09:24.
rosh_aveo1.4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2017, 11:07   #25
BHPian

Congrats on the car Porcupine. The interior seems l-e-v-e-l-s higher than cars from the German trio. I prefer a button fest over touch screens, as the former feels more purposeful.
petroguzzler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2017, 12:34   #26
BHPian

Congratulations on you new acquisition. Wish you many sporty miles ahead. Great in-depth review as well. All your car needs now is a photoshoot.
mustang_shelby is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2017, 14:22   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvd8732 View Post
Congratulations on acquiring this beauty!

I particularly love the LED screen which projects maps.

Any experience that you can share on the automatic rear spoiler?
Thank you!

No particularly memorable experience about it yet. The dynamic changes it makes (if any) are quite negligible; and for all intents and purposes it feels more like an aesthetic thing in real life. Of course its a great party piece when you're giving friends a grand tour of the car! But apart from that there isn't much to say about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biohazard View Post
Congratulations on your new drive. I test drove the deisel Panamera a few years ago, and it was a memorable experience. Any idea what a typical service costs? I remember the Porsche representative telling me that it's not as expensive to service as people would think. I think he mentioned that a typical service costs somewhere around 45k (this was almost 4 years ago though)

PS: I also noticed a sweet AP Royal Oak on your wrist! A watch guy perhaps?
Thank you! I don't know for sure yet but typically the cost should be somewhere between 35-50k for a car like this. Will update this thread after the first service!

And yes big watch guy! Your observation is spot on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sip View Post
Hey Porcupine congrats on purchase of spectacular car!!

And thanks for introducing us to the finer details of such a superb package of excellence. So glad to go through the honestly compiled elaborate review. Fantastic !!

EDIT : Just curious to know that if there is a need to raise the suspension in the midst of a drive, how long it takes?
Thank you!

It takes about 5-7 seconds, so usually its easy to just raise it before approaching a speed-breaker even if it somewhat sneaks up on you in the dark.
Porcupine is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th May 2017, 15:08   #28
Team-BHP Support

Great review buddy, I just spent a couple days with a Panamera GTS in Dubai and I echo most of your thoughts. It does feel special inside, and I couldn't really find anything feeling cheap in the interior. The ride on 20" rims was a bit stiff, but I'm sure your car rides significantly better.

Also great colour combination, but I would agree and say do paint the rims gloss black or gunmetal. Lastly, where are the buttons to adjust the recline on the rear seats?
Akshay1234 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th May 2017, 15:15   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay1234 View Post
Great review buddy, I just spent a couple days with a Panamera GTS in Dubai and I echo most of your thoughts. It does feel special inside, and I couldn't really find anything feeling cheap in the interior. The ride on 20" rims was a bit stiff, but I'm sure your car rides significantly better.

Also great colour combination, but I would agree and say do paint the rims gloss black or gunmetal. Lastly, where are the buttons to adjust the recline on the rear seats?
Thank you! Yup I am thinking of painting the rims gloss black!

The rear seat adjustment buttons are located on the outward front corner of the base of the seat. Attaching a photo off the Porsche brochure. Will put up a real pic shortly!

Porsche Panamera Edition Diesel : My new daily drive-rear.jpg
Porcupine is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 13th May 2017, 15:53   #30
BHPian

Great review of a great car. Congratulations!

Wondering why Porsche didn't equip it with the brilliant PDK (not doubting the gearbox in your car, just curious).

Will agree with your words. Audi, Lamborghini, Porsche..all are owned by Volkswagen. Yet, Porsche adds a secret ingredient which makes it magical. Was a little apprehensive when Volkswagen made the steering electrically assisted on the legendary 911 but turns out it still is one of the most alive cars ever. :-)
The Brutailer is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks