Old 12th May 2017, 17:13   #31
BHPian

Re: My Mahindra XUV500 W6 Automatic : The Wanderer

Thats a really good review.

Wish you many happy miles of motoring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang_shelby View Post
Interiors

The beige seats do get dirty very quickly, though. I will spend some more time with them and then decide whether changing to art leather covers despite the sweaty backs is worth it. Happy to have suggestions from fellow members on 'back-friendly' seat covers that do not cost a bomb like the pure leather ones.
You should check out fabric seat covers from Elegant. I too was completely against the leatherite/art leather seat covers due to sweaty backs and the heat, but was sold on their looks.
The ones from Elegant give the same fit & finish, albeit in a fabric solution.
I have them on all our cars, and I am a 100% satisfied with them. Although they may seem a bit expensive when you compare them with standard fabric seat covers, but they are really worth it.
You can check them out www.elegantauto.net/car-seat-covers/
Sinner666 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th May 2017, 17:22   #32
BHPian

Brilliant write up. Thanks for sharing the details with us.

This is a nice step by MM. Something that others could mimic for the good.

A technician from M&M visited our place about 1 week after delivery to provide a demo of the vehicle. He explained all the important items in the engine bay, where the various fluids are filled etc. He also showed me a small handle to manually operate to use the last dregs of fuel in case the fuel tank runs out completely. This last one was new to me.
dileepcm is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2017, 22:33   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinner666 View Post
Thats a really good review.

Wish you many happy miles of motoring.

You should check out fabric seat covers from Elegant. [/url]
Thanks Sinner666. The Elegant seat covers look good, and they stress on cool nature of the fabrics. I will definitely check them out. Thanks for the recommendation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dileepcm View Post
Brilliant write up. Thanks for sharing the details with us.

Thanks for your kind words, dileepcm.
mustang_shelby is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2017, 23:50   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisu View Post
Congratulations on getting your own Cheetah! Wishing you many happy miles and memories in the car.

This is something which I am unaware of. Can you please click a picture of the handle and share it here? Also, is it mentioned in the owner's manual anywhere?

Cheerzzz
Hi, bumping up my query in case you missed it.

Would appreciate your reply.

Thanks
Old 15th May 2017, 15:21   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisu View Post
Hi, bumping up my query in case you missed it.

Would appreciate your reply.

Thanks
Hi Sisu. Thanks for your kind words, and my apologies for missing out your question.
I am uploading an excerpt from the XUV owner's manual. I believe the one marked 'H' - Fuel Priming Pump is the one the technician pointed to in his demo.

My Mahindra XUV500 W6 Automatic : The Wanderer-engine-compartment.png
Old 15th May 2017, 19:33   #36
BHPian

Dear mustang_shelby,

First - please accept my congrats for getting a lovely car into the family.
Second - please accept my congrats for a well written review.
Third - co-incidences - I have started using my Scorpio S10 AT 2WD from 14 Sep 2016. AND I have yet to write my review (this is the non-co-incidence part!). At least you have done it in May 2017 - I am jealous. I shall take up the challenge and ... let us see.

I have driven the XUV from Zoomcar Pune and it was a reasonably good experience. I almost bought the XUV AT. I was thinking of the W8 or W10. However, the better space management of the Scorpio tilted the decision in it's favour. The 5 lakh difference added to the decision. Anyway, I will write all this in my review. You can read it there.

Once more - happy driving - safe driving.

Regards,

Girish Mahajan
GKMahajan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2017, 18:15   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKMahajan View Post
Dear mustang_shelby,
First - please accept my congrats for getting a lovely car into the family.
Second - please accept my congrats for a well written review.
Third - co-incidences - I have started using my Scorpio S10 AT 2WD from 14 Sep 2016. AND I have yet to write my review (this is the non-co-incidence part!). At least you have done it in May 2017 - I am jealous. I shall take up the challenge and ... let us see.

Dear GKMahajan,
Thanks for your wishes and I am glad that you liked the review. The reason it came so many months after the purchase of the vehicle is that I wanted to complete atleast 5,000 kms before writing a review. Although I completed that milestone in Feb 2017, I got a bit lazy thereafter about selecting the pics to post, collecting information etc.
I have been a frequent visitor to your Honda Jazz ownership review thread, and going by the quality of that one, I am sure your Scorpio AT review will be a gem. Waiting keenly for it.

Last edited by manson : 17th May 2017 at 13:55. Reason: Trimmed quote.
Old 17th May 2017, 13:52   #38
KBo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang_shelby View Post
Thanks KBo, and all the best on your upcoming vehicle purchase.
Mustang, could you share the PDI checklist that you used?
I looked but unfortunately couldn't find any for the W6 AT or any AT for that matter.
I would be greatly obliged.

Last edited by manson : 17th May 2017 at 13:53. Reason: Fixed quote.
Old 17th May 2017, 19:36   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBo View Post
Mustang, could you share the PDI checklist that you used?
I looked but unfortunately couldn't find any for the W6 AT or any AT for that matter.
I used the standard T-BHP PDI checklist, which is comprehensive and sufficient to cover all types of cars.
There isn't anything specific to check in AT during PDI. You will most likely not be allowed to drive the unregistered car during PDI. At the most, and if there is space, a small round within the showroom parking might be possible. If you have got the reverse camera accessory, put it in 'R' and ensure the camera works.
Good luck with your PDI.
Old 4th July 2017, 22:55   #40
BHPian

Insurance Renewal Update

Although there were still 2 months for the Insurance renewal to be due, I decided to beat the 3% service tax hike coming with GST implementation.

IDV: Rs 12,42,473
Insurer: HDFC Ergo
NCB: 50%
Zero Dep
Engine Protect
Emergency Assistance
Premium paid: Rs 27,786

I also wanted to lower the premium by opting for a Voluntary Deductible (it was 0). Given that NCB was at 50%, I would not be making small claims and therefore a higher voluntary deductible made sense. But the Customer Service rep told me HDFC doesn't allow opting for it. It sounded strange and I am almost certain it can't be, since the policy document has a column to show the voluntary deductible. But since it was the last day (June 30) I didn't have to time to do more follow-ups. Decided to go ahead. Saved some 700 odd bucks I guess.

In other news, ODO crossed 8,000 kms a couple of days ago. Did not drive as much in the summer vacation as one would have expected. No niggles or issues to report. But did get disappointed by the orange peel effect on so many panels once again after a wash and wax session at 3M.

Meanwhile a pic from a drive somewhere near Bangalore for your viewing pleasure.
My Mahindra XUV500 W6 Automatic : The Wanderer-dsc05243.jpg
mustang_shelby is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th July 2017, 19:41   #41
BHPian

Congratulations mustang!
We too are about to book a purple xuv500 W6 AT. Will be upgrading from a ciaz diesel.

Your thread is the main contributer towards us picking the purple color.
Our budget permitted us to look at the Creta SX+ at, Xuv W6 at and hexa XMA(at). After the GST the Creta made absolutely no sense since we don't have any space constraints to pick a small "SUV", the hexa had the better interiors and ride but the XMA was seriously low on features, important features, hence we dropped it.

Hope you continue to regularly update this thread as it will help alot of prospective buyers and wishing you many miles of blissful driving.

Regards
rambo1o1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2017, 20:33   #42
Senior - BHPian

Hi

How is the rock and roll in the second and third row of seats on a bumpy road.

I was not too impressed with the AT box coming from a Verna AT.

I felt the need for a longer TD, which I'm yet to do.

Overall road presence was good.
Old 8th July 2017, 20:37   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post
the hexa had the better interiors and ride but the XMA was seriously low on features, important features, hence we dropped it.

s
What features does the hexa miss out on ? Drove the hexa AT too but a very brief drive. Need to check it out again
Old 9th July 2017, 02:52   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
What features does the hexa miss out on ? Drove the hexa AT too but a very brief drive. Need to check it out again
I mentioned the important ones in my post in the hexa thread.

I was looking at the XMA version.If I'm spending 16 lakhs plus,there should be some basic features present, the xma Misses out on these important features.
1. Electric folding mirrors
2. Auto climate control
3.ESP.
The Minor features that are missing are alloy wheels, standard molded steel wheels look horrible! Worse than wheel caps that other cars have.
Also cruise control is missing vis a vis the Xuv but it may or maynot be that useful.

The missing features plus Other issues like slightly less mileage and average tata Service in Goa atleast were a contributing factors that made us choose the Xuv.

Call me nitpicking over features but If the 3 above main points were available in the hexa it would have swayed my decision more towards the hexa.

Hope that helps clear some doubts rather than cause more confusion 😁

Last edited by rambo1o1 : 9th July 2017 at 02:54.
rambo1o1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2017, 15:39   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post
Your thread is the main contributer towards us picking the purple color.
Thanks rambo1o1. Glad my thread helped you make a choice.

Quote:
Hi

How is the rock and roll in the second and third row of seats on a bumpy road.

I was not too impressed with the AT box coming from a Verna AT.
In XUV, the ride gets much better with speed. Moreover, the larger wheels allow you go to over bumps, potholes and other road irregularities at a higher speed than possible in sedans, thereby improving the ride. Overall, I am satisfied with the ride quality.
I haven't driven a Verna AT, so I wouldn't be able to compare.

Quote:
rambo1o1 noted the missing features. I don't know if the mid-variant XMA gets Voice Commands. Hexa brochure is not clear on that. I find Voice Commands to be extremely useful.
There are also some other minor missing features like rain sensing wipers, auto headlamps, cooled glovebox etc.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks