Team-BHP - Driven: Volvo S60 Polestar
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Driven: Volvo S60 Polestar (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/186758-driven-volvo-s60-polestar-3.html)

What a fantastic review for an amazing car!

Even though the S60 is 6-7 yrs old, it's an ageless design and looks stunning even today. Especially in this Race Blue Polestar shade, it looks fast even when standstill.

I've recently taken an S60 Cross Country and have never been more happier or sure of taking a car.

I can only imagine what it must be with 362 horses coupled with a Turbo and Super Charger and an AWD added to the mix.

Add to all this, 52 lakhs ex-showroom for a sub 5 sec car is great VFM....Hope enthusiasts realize its value before the 30 units fly.

Eager to see the same variant in the upcoming S60.

My cousin brother attended a drive conducted by BMW at Bangalore a few days back. They started from a golf course in a convoy, went to Nandi hills and returned.

Guess which car was parked near the area setup for breakfast? lol: Cheeky by Volvo.
Driven: Volvo S60 Polestar-img20170614wa0008.jpg

Booked the car for 65L OTR in Bangalore, it's due delivery in 10 days. Ownership thread coming up soon.

It's here :). Price was 60L OTR Bangalore after further discussions. XC90's booking is still a mess:Frustrati .

Congratulations mjumrani! I saw a Rebel blue Polestar parked in front of the showroom today. Was this by any chance your car?

Quote:

Originally Posted by rshanker (Post 4242323)
Congratulations mjumrani! I saw a Rebel blue Polestar parked in front of the showroom today. Was this by any chance your car?

Thanks and yes it was my car. Due to sudden demise of Karnataka Ex CM Dharam Singh all RTO offices were shut and missed yesterday's delivery and my mom and wife were like it's not auspicious to take delivery today after 7AM and you are not taking delivery till Wednesday.:Frustrati.

My genius cousin gave an idea to beat them.Get the car home for 1 hour before 7AM, tell them it's delivered but you are sending it back for Volvo to complete registration formalities :uncontrol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjumrani (Post 4242302)
It's here :). Price was 60L OTR Bangalore after further discussions. XC90's booking is still a mess:Frustrati .

Congratulations on your Swedish missile sir.clap:
So you got a whopping 8 lacs discount on final OTR, considering 68 OTR in the price list.:Shockked:

Ownership thread of my polestar is going to take a little while. Posting few pics here and i hope mods are ok with it, if not please feel free to delete the post.

Gutted to read that Volvo and Polestar have decided to split.

Full story

I really hope Volvo Bangalore have a few numbers of the S60 Polestar still left in 2-3 months time. Am quite keen on getting one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fullrevs (Post 4277061)

I really hope Volvo Bangalore have a few numbers of the S60 Polestar still left in 2-3 months time. Am quite keen on getting one.

There is just one new blue S60 Polestar in their stockyard.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SunnyBoi (Post 4277113)
There is just one new blue S60 Polestar in their stockyard.

They have already planned 2018 run so you should be able to buy the car for another year at least.

The 2018 has nice carbon fiber spoilers all around.

After 2018 volvo was going to introduce a new model anyway, so 2018 is last year for the car i n general.

Volvo and Thed Bjork seals the 2017 WTCC title in Qatar with the S60 Polestar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lgk7VXeYoL8

Look at it flying over the kerbs. What a machine! clap:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2RfDkW0MiM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjumrani (Post 4244269)
Ownership thread of my polestar is going to take a little while. Posting few pics here and i hope mods are ok with it, if not please feel free to delete the post.

Hi, I am seriously evaluating this car. How has your experience been over the last 1 year. Given a choice, budget permitting, would you have chosen anything else. Say, an S5?

How is the street presence? Do you get eyeballs or people don't take notice? Snob value? Are people able to "get" that this is not just another ricer/ Volvo. Especially considering reviews don't speak highly of the exhaust note.

Quote:

Originally Posted by manveet (Post 4405389)
Hi, I am seriously evaluating this car. How has your experience been over the last 1 year. Given a choice, budget permitting, would you have chosen anything else. Say, an S5?

How is the street presence? Do you get eyeballs or people don't take notice? Snob value? Are people able to "get" that this is not just another ricer/ Volvo. Especially considering reviews don't speak highly of the exhaust note.

More money always gets you a better car but i personally did not like S5 for it's equipment level. The money i paid for polestar made it a sweet deal :).

Polestar is a sleeper , I don't expect people to notice it.

PS: It's a white elephant to maintain it, sole blame is on our roads.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjumrani (Post 4405463)
More money always gets you a better car

Not always.

On the S5 in India, the major drawback for me is the fastback shape, I'd prefer a coupe anyday; but looks are subjective.

Quote:

Polestar is a sleeper , I don't expect people to notice it.
Is it? In that delicious race blue color, 20" wheels and hot body kit? Anyhow, I am construing your statement to mean people don't turn around. Really? Not at all? :(

Quote:

It\'s a white elephant to maintain it, sole blame is on our roads.
I am assuming you\'re referring to problems arising from the 20" wheels? Tire bubbling? Sidewall cuts? Anything else apart from wheel issues?

P.s.
Please share link to the ownership thread. Thank you.