Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2018, 21:09   #61
BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno Delta CVT - The experience so far

Baleno Build Quality is questioned being only 930 Kg while Tigor is solid 1060kg

Suzuki build is flimsy compared to Fiat,Tata,VW,Skoda

Fuel economy is similar for Baleno CVT & Tigor AMT

Tigor AMT Sports mode is peppy

Petrol prices shall keep rising until we get reliable long range Electric cars

Undecided still which Automatic to pick
amarprusty is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th April 2018, 21:30   #62
BHPian

I don't think fuel economy is similar, baleno is very efficient for an automatic and I hope you've driven both before saying Tigor feels peppy.
I have a Polo GT Tsi and a baleno delta automatic, baleno doesn't feel slow relatively. If you want to take a risk with reliability and resale, go ahead with Tigor.
Old 12th April 2018, 22:47   #63
BHPian

Thanks for the Baleno feedback,let me test drive to decide further

Whats the major difference between the Baleno CVT variants are they really worth the extra money or just showoff with DRL & touch screen stuff

VW Polo GT TSI is too expensive would rather prefer a VW Ameo DSG TDI with more power & torque
Old 12th April 2018, 23:40   #64
BHPian

I feel delta has most features that would be on people's essentials list, zeta though is a good to have model if your budget permits, a few of the extras that I feel are good for about 70k extra are:
1. Tilt and telescopic steering as compared to only tilt on delta.
2. 16 inch alloys look much better than the delta wheelcaps.
3. Push button start and keyless entry.
4. Leather wrapped steering wheel.
5. UV cut glass, a very premium feature in my books and not available on any other maruti car.
6. Auto dimming IRVM.
7. Zeta also has a parking sensor display that the delta doesn't
Old 13th April 2018, 21:44   #65
BHPian

Thanks for the guidance Dhruvi Tata Tigor AMT is no match

Baleno CVT is better than Jazz CVT and VW POLO & AMEO DSG

Loved the smooth CVT ride with great power delivery

Planning to buy Fire Red Delta CVT

Do you suggest paying 12K for the extra warranty and 9K for Nexa accessories really worth or should I take the 21K discount on the final On Road price and put high quality stuff

No discounts possible rather 6-weeks waiting period

Few Nexa Bangalore Dealers have car in stock
Old 13th April 2018, 22:30   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amarprusty View Post
Thanks for the guidance Dhruvi Tata Tigor AMT is no match

Baleno CVT is better than Jazz CVT and VW POLO & AMEO DSG

Loved the smooth CVT ride with great power delivery

Planning to buy Fire Red Delta CVT

Do you suggest paying 12K for the extra warranty and 9K for Nexa accessories really worth or should I take the 21K discount on the final On Road price and put high quality stuff

No discounts possible rather 6-weeks waiting period

Few Nexa Bangalore Dealers have car in stock
Would definitely suggest going in for the warranty, you can consider jazz if your budget permits going for the V version, I found it good too.
Say no to their accessories pack or the essential packs that they quote and rather style it up outside with good seat covers, beadings if you need and other stuff.You will get the car before the 6 weeks definitely, wait for the nexa blue is what I'd say.
dhruvritzed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2018, 20:27   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvritzed View Post
Would definitely suggest going in for the warranty, you can consider jazz if your budget permits going for the V version, I found it good too.
Say no to their accessories pack or the essential packs that they quote and rather style it up outside with good seat covers, beadings if you need and other stuff.You will get the car before the 6 weeks definitely, wait for the nexa blue is what I'd say.
Thanks for your Honest Feedback and Reviews Dear Friends

Booked a Red Suzuki Baleno Delta Petrol CVT Automatic today

High Ground Clearance
Lower mantainenance cost
Lower Price than Honda Jazz CVT
Old 25th April 2018, 08:46   #68
BHPian

A quick question, the Baleno does not have a hill hold assist feature right, so does it roll back on slopes or the creep function helps?
Old 25th April 2018, 22:18   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselritzer View Post
A quick question, the Baleno does not have a hill hold assist feature right, so does it roll back on slopes or the creep function helps?
Has any Baleno CVT Owner tried driving to Hill Stations on steep hairpin climbs,how does it perform any hill assist or creep function
Old 26th April 2018, 15:11   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Has any Baleno CVT Owner tried driving to Hill Stations on steep hairpin climbs,how does it perform any hill assist or creep function
No, it doesn't have Hill hold assist feature. The car will tend to roll back in steep inclines and/or when it is loaded. I generally control it with the brakes not relying on the torque converter and quickly tapping the accelerator upon releasing the brakes. I think it would be safe to launch the car by pressing the accelerator and the brakes together and letting go the brake pedal slowly.
On steep hairpin bends and climbs, it is easier than the manual owing to the fact that there is no delay in changing the gear as it is continuous and with sports mode, it is much easier especially with more number of passengers.
koolguy_ani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2018, 20:42   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolguy_ani View Post
No, it doesn't have Hill hold assist feature. The car will tend to roll back in steep inclines and/or when it is loaded. I generally control it with the brakes not relying on the torque converter and quickly tapping the accelerator upon releasing the brakes. I think it would be safe to launch the car by pressing the accelerator and the brakes together and letting go the brake pedal slowly.
On steep hairpin bends and climbs, it is easier than the manual owing to the fact that there is no delay in changing the gear as it is continuous and with sports mode, it is much easier especially with more number of passengers.
Should I pick the Baleno CVT or wait for the New Honda Amaze 2018 CVT launching in May

Honda Amaze CVT shall be definitely expensive compared to Baleno CVT as Jazz CVT is higher priced

Appreciate any thoughts and inputs here
Old 27th April 2018, 12:30   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Should I pick the Baleno CVT or wait for the New Honda Amaze 2018 CVT launching in May

Honda Amaze CVT shall be definitely expensive compared to Baleno CVT as Jazz CVT is higher priced

Appreciate any thoughts and inputs here
It may not necessarily be more expensive than the Jazz if they keep the prices similar to the current-gen Amaze. IMHO, it will definitely be more expensive than the Baleno CVT.

A month ago, I was in the same spot as you are. I was stuck between the Baleno CVT and Jazz CVT. While the Jazz came with paddle shifters, reverse camera, better media console and better quality interiors, the Baleno has cheaper service cost, ISOFIX, adjustable rear headrests and is lighter on the wallet. I also found that the Baleno's K12 pulls better at city speeds compared to Honda's i-VTEC (which will also be found in the Amaze). On the other hand, the Honda CVT shines on highways, has better noise insulation and the featherweight steering makes it a breeze to maneuver and park in the city.

Please note that the above feature comparison is with the V variant of Jazz. Since the new Amaze will offer CVT on the S variant too, the feature comparison may vary. The driving experience, however, should remain the same and may help you decide. If you are not in a hurry, I would recommend waiting till the 16th of May to get a better comparison vis-a-vis pricing. Do let us know what you decide!

P.S. - I went with the Baleno and took delivery of my Baleno Delta CVT this week. I am loving every moment of the driving experience. The FE is not great at the moment (10.8 kmpl as per the MID) but it is improving as I get used to the CVT. Hopefully, the figures would be higher after the first service.
targaryen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2018, 22:27   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by targaryen View Post
It may not necessarily be more expensive than the Jazz if they keep the prices similar to the current-gen Amaze. IMHO, it will definitely be more expensive than the Baleno CVT.

A month ago, I was in the same spot as you are. I was stuck between the Baleno CVT and Jazz CVT. While the Jazz came with paddle shifters, reverse camera, better media console and better quality interiors, the Baleno has cheaper service cost, ISOFIX, adjustable rear headrests and is lighter on the wallet. I also found that the Baleno's K12 pulls better at city speeds compared to Honda's i-VTEC (which will also be found in the Amaze). On the other hand, the Honda CVT shines on highways, has better noise insulation and the featherweight steering makes it a breeze to maneuver and park in the city.

Please note that the above feature comparison is with the V variant of Jazz. Since the new Amaze will offer CVT on the S variant too, the feature comparison may vary. The driving experience, however, should remain the same and may help you decide. If you are not in a hurry, I would recommend waiting till the 16th of May to get a better comparison vis-a-vis pricing. Do let us know what you decide!

P.S. - I went with the Baleno and took delivery of my Baleno Delta CVT this week. I am loving every moment of the driving experience. The FE is not great at the moment (10.8 kmpl as per the MID) but it is improving as I get used to the CVT. Hopefully, the figures would be higher after the first service.
Thanks I also find the Baleno CVT better than Honda Jazz CVT and dont want to buy a new Amaze CVT which is not tested

Booked a Red Baleno Delta CVT waiting delivery now in few days

What accessories have you picked with your car
Old 4th May 2018, 15:48   #74
BHPian

Quote:
As mentioned by koolguy_ani above, there is no hill-hold feature. The creep feature does help in smaller inclines and prevents roll back, but for steeper inclines your free left hand can control the handbrake

Quote:
Originally Posted by targaryen View Post
Congrats on your new car! Mileage depends on traffic; a quick tip would be to keep it between 1000 and 2000 rpm, unless you absolutely need to pick up speed quickly. 2500 rpm is a sweet spot for a nice acceleration. Sports mode engages the rpm between 3500 and 4500 rpm to keep it in the max torque range. I get 12.5 kmpl in my daily 7km round trip between home and office. Regular city drive in Hyderabad returns around 14.5 kmpl. On highway I achieve 20 kmpl easily and when my wife drives (between 80 and 90 kmph), it returns 22kmpl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satishtv View Post
Hi Dheepak, I just read your review for the third time in 5+ months. It is very well written.

Have you ever felt the need to upgrade to alloy wheels and 16 inch tyres?
Thanks Satishtv. Sorry for the delayed reply. 16 inchers will mean a smaller sidewall; considering the craters on Hyderabad roads during rainy season and non-rainy season (), I feel it is best to retain the 15 inchers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolguy_ani View Post
At 100 kph, it was sometimes pottering around 1700rpm and at times 1900rpm with the same accelerator input. Not a huge variation though as at all times, it was indeed very quiet!
The incline of the road also plays a part. On an absolute flat road 100 kmph is achieved at around 1800 rpm. Glad you are enjoying the ride!!

Quote:
Booked a Red Baleno Delta CVT waiting delivery now in few days

What accessories have you picked with your car
Congrats on your booking. Of all the accessories, I would say fog lamps are an absolute must and the floor mats. Also the boot lamp mod and other non-OEM safety items I have mentioned in the first page is something you can check out.

Last edited by dheepak10 : 4th May 2018 at 16:04.
dheepak10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th May 2018, 18:10   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dheepak10 View Post
As mentioned by koolguy_ani above, there is no hill-hold feature. The creep feature does help in smaller inclines and prevents roll back, but for steeper inclines your free left hand can control the handbrake

Congrats on your new car! Mileage depends on traffic; a quick tip would be to keep it between 1000 and 2000 rpm, unless you absolutely need to pick up speed quickly. 2500 rpm is a sweet spot for a nice acceleration. Sports mode engages the rpm between 3500 and 4500 rpm to keep it in the max torque range. I get 12.5 kmpl in my daily 7km round trip between home and office. Regular city drive in Hyderabad returns around 14.5 kmpl. On highway I achieve 20 kmpl easily and when my wife drives (between 80 and 90 kmph), it returns 22kmpl.

Thanks Satishtv. Sorry for the delayed reply. 16 inchers will mean a smaller sidewall; considering the craters on Hyderabad roads during rainy season and non-rainy season (), I feel it is best to retain the 15 inchers.

The incline of the road also plays a part. On an absolute flat road 100 kmph is achieved at around 1800 rpm. Glad you are enjoying the ride!!

Congrats on your booking. Of all the accessories, I would say fog lamps are an absolute must and the floor mats. Also the boot lamp mod and other non-OEM safety items I have mentioned in the first page is something you can check out.
Thanks Deepak
Just now completed PDI for the Red Baleno Delta CVT
Car going for registration tommorow and accessories fitting on Monday
Getting the following accessories fitted in place of the extended warranty
Fog Lamp
Reverse Camera + Display
Window Rain Visors
Seat Covers
Boot Lamp
Anti Rust Chassis Coating for Monsoon rain ahead
What else do you feel is essential accessories

From your post I gathered that relaxed driving is the best option for maximum fuel economy in Drive Mode

Highway acceleration and overtaking use Sports Mode

Any idea where L Mode is usefull

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks