Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2017, 01:47   #31
BHPian

Re: Uptown Red Racer - The Maruti Ignis Delta 1.2L Automatic comes home

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Look for a used Ignis Auto, if possible.

Buying a car that you don't like is just like marrying a girl whom you don't like. You will always repent when you look at it or drive it.

Try to convince him that Celerio and Ignis are cars those are from 2 different segments - Celerio is A+, while Ignis is B segmenter. Take a test drive, and you will realise the difference.

You can spend the remaining 2L.
I totally agree.
I tried to explain him that but he is not ready to buy the Ignis and not ready for me to take a loan.
Old 19th December 2017, 16:02   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Would the Tiago Automatic work for him? While it is still a 3 cylinder - I think the Build Quality is superior to the Celerio and one gets loads of goodies. With the AMC schemes - owning a Tata may also be less risky.

But then for someone who has decided on Maruti - shifting to Tata may not sound like a good idea. But in my own analysis the Tiago came a close 2nd after the Ignis and was definetely ahead of Celerio. Further the AMT issues have not been reported on Tata vehicles such as Zest.
I thought about it but the ownership experience is something that I am afraid of. Tata surely has improved significantly but these are new vehicles and do not know how they will behave after 3 years. We bought a Spark in 2008 and there were not much sold before that. It was a great car and we spent Rs 15 in first 3 years because of the service package they had which costed us Rs 10000 (we eventually got it for free) but after three years I spend around 1.5 lakhs on the car including service cost and parts cost. Afraid of getting the same experience from TATA.

But I am definitely going to check it out. In all the reviews it was definitely better than Celerio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Look for a used Ignis Auto, if possible.

Buying a car that you don't like is just like marrying a girl whom you don't like. You will always repent when you look at it or drive it.

Try to convince him that Celerio and Ignis are cars those are from 2 different segments - Celerio is A+, while Ignis is B segmenter. Take a test drive, and you will realize the difference.

You can spend the remaining 2L.
Yes, I tried it. I am in touch with a few people who deal in 2nd hand cars. Ignis being fairly new, there are very less in the second-hand market and AMTs are even less.

Spending that 2L is not what he is allowing me. He does not want me to take a loan.
Old 23rd December 2017, 16:05   #33
BHPian

Finally bought the Celerio ZXi (o) AMT and got the alloy wheels and fog lamps from MGA. Will get some glossy black wrap at some places and a rear spoiler to make it look good.
car-o-phile is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2018, 14:07   #34
BHPian

Am a recent owner of the same variant as yours. Would appreciate if you could provide your perspective on the following questions:

1. Do you feel that the seats lacks support? I got back pain after a drive of over an hour.
2. Is it true that the Nexa Card will be mailed by Suzuki after few weeks?
3. I was not told that there are two types of warranties - platinum and royal platinum. I had taken the EW for 2 years (total 4 years / 80K). After the delivery, I came to know that royal platinum covers up to 5 years / 1 lac kms. SA is saying that the difference between 4-yr and 5-yr extended warranty is Rs 5.5k, and that I cannot upgrade to Royal Platinum now even if I am willing to pay the difference. Is the SA correct? Does Rs. 5.5k sound right for the 5th year?
4. I have not received the literature or T&C for the extended warranty. SA says that everything that is covered in the first 2-yr is automatically covered under the extended warranty. Is that true?
5. The manual suggests first oil change after 10K Km / 1 year. Shall I stick to that or is the first oil change recommended sooner?
7. Have you received AMT tag? I have not received it even though one of the emails from SA had that listed as delivered to me.
8. From the delivery list, I have not received few items such as POP survey form, CMVR kit, SSI Feedback, sale letter, etc. Anything fishy?
Old 19th January 2018, 20:41   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohu9 View Post
Am a recent owner of the same variant as yours. Would appreciate if you could provide your perspective on the following questions
1. Do you feel that the seats lacks support? I got back pain after a drive of over an hour.
Ans: No I found the seating comfortable. I use the cushions that Nexa provided as part of the Basic Accessories for the back.

2. Is it true that the Nexa Card will be mailed by Suzuki after few weeks?
Ans: I did not buy the Nexa card with the car. However, bought it recently as I was referring many people to Nexa cars. I hear it will take between 2 weeks to 4 weeks to reach us.

3. I was not told that there are two types of warranties - platinum and royal platinum. I had taken the EW for 2 years (total 4 years / 80K). After the delivery, I came to know that royal platinum covers up to 5 years / 1 lac kms. SA is saying that the difference between 4-yr and 5-yr extended warranty is Rs 5.5k, and that I cannot upgrade to Royal Platinum now even if I am willing to pay the difference. Is the SA correct? Does Rs. 5.5k sound right for the 5th year?
Ans: I have not yet purchased Extended Warranty and plan to take it at the time of 3rd Service. I would recommend that you check with multiple Nexa outlets to confirm what they are saying.

4. I have not received the literature or T&C for the extended warranty. SA says that everything that is covered in the first 2-yr is automatically covered under the extended warranty. Is that true?
Ans: I have not yet taken it but I checked with a few other owners and they confirmed that they have received the literature around it.

5. The manual suggests first oil change after 10K Km / 1 year. Shall I stick to that or is the first oil change recommended sooner?
Ans: I changed the Oil to Synthetic Oil in the 2nd Service. However the Authorized center filled the wrong oil (5W-40) and hence I had to get it changed again to (0W-20). It is recommended to change the oil earlier but it is not mandatory but if you opt for it - ask them if they have the correct oil in stock and double check the naming on it.

7. Have you received AMT tag? I have not received it even though one of the emails from SA had that listed as delivered to me.
Ans: What is an AMT Tag? I am not aware of it.

8. From the delivery list, I have not received few items such as POP survey form, CMVR kit, SSI Feedback, sale letter, etc. Anything fishy?
Ans: Oh - these are important ones especially the Sales Invoice and the CMVR kit - follow up with them and get those.
Old 31st January 2018, 15:16   #36
BHPian

Very nice and crisp review of your ignis delta automatic sir! I too am in a dilemma in the 5.5-6.0 lacs segment. I've booked new swift Vxi for now but doesn't find it value for money for what the Vxi variant offers. Ignis delta petrol manual has all the basic features alongwith same revv happy petrol engine, bluetooth audio system and all the safety features. Tiago too seems value for money with that delicious audio quality from amazing 8-speaker Harman Kardon system. But we haven't owned any Tata at home till date and doubt the long term reliability compared to a Maruti. Kindly guide to make a sensible choice.
Thank in Advance
Old 31st January 2018, 15:35   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacklist View Post
Very nice and crisp review of your ignis delta automatic sir! I too am in a dilemma in the 5.5-6.0 lacs segment. I've booked new swift Vxi for now but doesn't find it value for money for what the Vxi variant offers. Ignis delta petrol manual has all the basic features alongwith same revv happy petrol engine, bluetooth audio system and all the safety features. Tiago too seems value for money with that delicious audio quality from amazing 8-speaker Harman Kardon system. But we haven't owned any Tata at home till date and doubt the long term reliability compared to a Maruti. Kindly guide to make a sensible choice.
Thank in Advance
Between the Tiago and the Ignis, the main advantage of the Ignis is the Super Smooth 4 cylinder K Series Engine. I would say the Music System is more of an accessory in a car and not the core whereas the Engine is a core component of the car. The other advantage is something you already called out which is the long term reliability of a Maruti over a Tata.

In addition, I would say you will also experience some premiumness with Nexa in terms of the Sales as well as the Service Experience with the Nexa Service Centers also coming up in recent times

If Build Quality/Exterior strength is important for you, then the Tiago is a tank. All the best with your decision making!
Old 28th May 2018, 10:48   #38
Senior - BHPian

1st Year / 3rd Free Service Update

Time Flies - the Ignis is already approaching its 1 year mark. It has been a fuss free ownership so far. The AMT has not shown any signs of the issues reported by the Celerio AMT Users on TeamBHP's AMT woes thread [URL].

I just left the vehicle for the 3rd Free Service today with the ODO at 7800+ kms. Pratham Motors folks had called up to book the appointment - as they do not have a Nexa Service Open yet, I decided to give them a miss and booked the appointment with Nexa Service on Hosur Road (Nexa Surkashaa).

The Nexa Service experience so far seemed not too different from the regular service. I was expecting paperless experience but the SA did write out the Job Sheet and hand it over to me. SA did carry a tab and was able to quickly look up the history to check what was done earlier. I asked him to skip the Wheel Balancing and Alignment as I had got it done outside at Tyre Professionals (Roadforce Balancing). I insisted specifically on using the 0W-20 oil only be it mineral or synthetic and the SA said they would use the 0W-20 Mineral Oil. Pratham had messed this up in second service by filling in 5W-40 Synthetic when I insisted on oil change.

An approximate quotation of Rs.2,900 + Tax was provided which should come to Approx. 3,300 which includes Oil Change + Oil Filter Change.

When enquired the Nexa people did not have any ready Drop Facility available to Electronics City which is just 2 kms away and I had to head to office on my own. So much for Nexa Service Premiumness ?

Uptown Red Racer - The Maruti Ignis Delta 1.2L Automatic comes home-img_20180528_090003.jpg
The ODO at 7,800+ kms

Uptown Red Racer - The Maruti Ignis Delta 1.2L Automatic comes home-img_20180528_091938.jpg
View of the Interiors

Uptown Red Racer - The Maruti Ignis Delta 1.2L Automatic comes home-img_20180528_091945.jpg
Service Head Cabin seen on the right

Uptown Red Racer - The Maruti Ignis Delta 1.2L Automatic comes home-img_20180528_092216.jpg
Ignis Parked in the Bay - with Display Board on the Top

Uptown Red Racer - The Maruti Ignis Delta 1.2L Automatic comes home-img_20180528_092217.jpg
Ignis Parked in the Bay

Uptown Red Racer - The Maruti Ignis Delta 1.2L Automatic comes home-img_20180528_092219.jpg
Nexa Service Branding

Uptown Red Racer - The Maruti Ignis Delta 1.2L Automatic comes home-img_20180528_092223.jpg
The Ignis Parked at the Bay for inspection from SA

Uptown Red Racer - The Maruti Ignis Delta 1.2L Automatic comes home-img_20180528_092402.jpg
Nexa Accessories Displayed at the Service Center

Uptown Red Racer - The Maruti Ignis Delta 1.2L Automatic comes home-img_20180528_093310.jpg
The Nexa Service

Uptown Red Racer - The Maruti Ignis Delta 1.2L Automatic comes home-img_20180528_093312.jpg
The Surakshaa Carcare BodyShop is attached to the Nexa Service

Uptown Red Racer - The Maruti Ignis Delta 1.2L Automatic comes home-img_20180528_093358.jpg
Entrance to Nexa Service looks messy due to the Metro Construction Work

Uptown Red Racer - The Maruti Ignis Delta 1.2L Automatic comes home-img_20180528_093359.jpg
Wider Shot of the Nexa Service Entrance

Will update more when I collect the car back from service later today. In the meanwhile here are some pictures from the morning trip to Nexa Service on Hosur Road.

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 28th May 2018 at 11:02.
vsrivatsa is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th July 2018, 14:45   #39
BHPian

Hello Srivatsa,

Thanks for the updates! Given that your car can be serviced either at regular MS service outlets as well as NEXA service outlets, it would be interesting to know if there is a difference in "cost of servicing" at one vs the other. Do you have data on these lines?
Old 29th July 2018, 11:28   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naut View Post
Hello Srivatsa,

Thanks for the updates! Given that your car can be serviced either at regular MS service outlets as well as NEXA service outlets, it would be interesting to know if there is a difference in "cost of servicing" at one vs the other. Do you have data on these lines?
Good Question. When I enquired at the Surkshaa Car Care regular Maruti outlet the Service Advisor called out that Nexa Service would cost higher as compared to the regular Maruti Service outlets. I do not have data in terms of how much higher - maybe some other BHPians can provide some inputs.

Meanwhile I tried to validate the Service Cost Estimates provided by the Nexa Android Application and here are the results:

Uptown Red Racer - The Maruti Ignis Delta 1.2L Automatic comes home-nexaappsummary.png
Cost Estimates Provided by the Nexa App for 20K and 30K Service

Uptown Red Racer - The Maruti Ignis Delta 1.2L Automatic comes home-nexasumm02.png
Comparison of Estimate Vs Actuals for 3rd Free Service

As can be seen, the Nexa App Estimate is not accurate in terms of the pricing estimate. The estimate provided by the app is 1425/- whereas the actual cost incurred was 2931/- for the 3rd Free Service. That is a huge greater than 2x deviation

Also note the App shows the 3rd Service as being done Suraksha Car Care with the correct address but does not call it out as Nexa Service outlet.

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 29th July 2018 at 11:29.
vsrivatsa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th July 2018, 13:30   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As can be seen, the Nexa App Estimate is not accurate in terms of the pricing estimate. The estimate provided by the app is 1425/- whereas the actual cost incurred was 2931/- for the 3rd Free Service. That is a huge greater than 2x deviation.
Can you please post the bill details. The difference between the anticipated and actual cost is too much. I feel the price of consumables could be the culprit here, with the app going for mineral/semi synthetic oil and the service centre using fully synthetic (as per your request).
Old 29th July 2018, 14:48   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
Can you please post the bill details. The difference between the anticipated and actual cost is too much. I feel the price of consumables could be the culprit here, with the app going for mineral/semi synthetic oil and the service centre using fully synthetic (as per your request).
I did the Synthetic and Mineral Oil swap during the 2nd Free Service and regretted doing it as they put the wrong Synthetic Oil. (5W-40 instead of 0W-20) and I had to get it drained later. Hence for the 3rd Service I went for just the Mineral Oil (0W-20) as I realized by then that Maruti Service Centers do not stock the Synthetic 0W-20 Oil.

It appears to me that the culprit is the AC Filter. I am not sure if it was supposed to be replaced during the 3rd Free Service - will need to be careful next time...

Here is the full bill for reference:
Name:  3rdFreeServiceBill_Small.png
Views: 3168
Size:  1,012.8 KB
Maruti Ignis AMT - 3rd Free Service Bill - Nexa Service, Hosur Road
vsrivatsa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2018, 18:55   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I insisted specifically on using the 0W-20 oil only be it mineral or synthetic...
I went by this line and thought of synthetic oil .

Quote:
It appears to me that the culprit is the AC Filter...Here is the full bill for reference
Is this an AC filter with some special properties?

Asking this because the price appears too high. A similar filter with part number 95850M66RC0 is available at boodmo.com for just ₹215. As Bhpian Dr.Naren has mentioned multiple times, common parts shared by Maruti and Nexa cars are often priced differently. This could be one such case where the premium paid might have been a part of the fabled Nexa Experience .
dailydriver is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2018, 14:42   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
It appears to me that the culprit is the AC Filter. I am not sure if it was supposed to be replaced during the 3rd Free Service - will need to be careful next time...
99250-62R00 is SGP filter, justifies the premium. I have observed that my S-Cross had got imported filter from factory (made in Germany), but the service guys installed cheaper MGP filter during service. It is compatible with many Maruti cars. SGP filter is simply too expensive, you can check with service centre to use MGP filter next time.
Dr.Naren is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th August 2018, 12:27   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
99250-62R00 is SGP filter, justifies the premium. I have observed that my S-Cross had got imported filter from factory (made in Germany), but the service guys installed cheaper MGP filter during service. It is compatible with many Maruti cars. SGP filter is simply too expensive, you can check with service centre to use MGP filter next time.
Thank you for the clarification. I have started a conversation with the Nexa Service guys on the topic in any case. The Ignis Service Manual lists that the AC Filter needs to be changed during the 30K PMS. And the Nexa Service guys have changed it for me during the 3rd Free Service with the Odo at approx. 8K / 1 Year.

The justification the Service Advisor is giving is that the Pollution levels/Dust Levels in Bangalore is very high and the AC Filter requires change in 6 month interval itself these days...how true is this?

I will possibly post on the Ignis thread as well to see what the other owners are seeing.

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 8th August 2018 at 12:28.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks