Team-BHP - Driven: The Lexus Range (ES 300h, RX 450h & LX 450d)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Driven: The Lexus Range (ES 300h, RX 450h & LX 450d) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/187592-driven-lexus-range-es-300h-rx-450h-lx-450d-4.html)

There's a new Lexus dealership open at Janpath, new Delhi. Probably the same place where the was the Ferrari dealer. Sorry couldn't click pics

Quote:

Originally Posted by .anshuman (Post 4212736)
Lexus RX 450h

The Luxury variant is priced at Rs. 1.07 Crore while the RX 450h F Sport variant is priced at Rs. 1.09 Crore.

New prices updated on the website. Lexus has increased the price by 20L for the RX450H.

RX 450h LUXURY
INR 1,27,45,000

RX 450h F SPORT
INR 1,30,17,000

* Both prices ex showroom Delhi.

Quote:

Whereas the LX 450D sees a marginal reduction of around 7L.

LX 450d
INR 2,25,17,000

ES300H prices are yet to be announced.

I don't know who in right frame of mind is going to buy these RX models, LX still there are chances, I saw one being delivered at Chandigarh today. Wonder what's going to happen to Lexus dealerships. I don't think dealership owners can keep continuing subsidizing these loss makers from Toyota sales for a longer period.

Quote:

Whereas the LX 450D sees a marginal reduction of around 7L.
And what's rational behind this small reduction as they reduced prices of LC also by 7 Lac also which costs 1,35 Lac and is CBU. So either Lexus is keeping larger markup or have built higher margins for dealers. Looks LX 450 will be their bread & butter model for a while :)

Looks like Lexus is re-thinking the pricing strategy of the ES300H. Five days after the prices of the other two were announced, ES300H is still not updated.

Quote:

Looks like Lexus is re-thinking the pricing strategy of the ES300H.
Yes, your observations are correct. I believe they had limited success with this model and if they can somehow reduce the gap between Camry & ES than dealers may have an outside chance of survival else it will be very tough.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbanator (Post 4232217)
Yes, your observations are correct.

Getting cold feet for sure. :D

The price announcement has been further postponed. The website had clearly announced the date as the 14th -

Driven: The Lexus Range (ES 300h, RX 450h & LX 450d)-screenshot_2017071120061307.png

And on the last day now it has been postponed to 18th.

Driven: The Lexus Range (ES 300h, RX 450h & LX 450d)-screenshot_2017071414374177.png

I believe the ES300h will be priced at between Rs 60 to 62 lakhs ex-Delhi up from Rs 55 lakhs before 30th June. I could be wrong though.

So I today test drove the ES300h. First impression: car is just fantastic, it is smooth, quiet, super legroom at the back even with a 6 footer in front and rides mumbai's terrible roads really well.

I had fellow bhpian and personal friend lamborghini with me and we both loved the weighted steering, full all around visibility, comfy ride, and toyota lexus peace of mind. It even has an ashtray in the rear doors and a lighter in the rear for smokers. Who wouldve thought that still exists in 2017.

The only downsides in my opinion is the price. It is 70-80% Camry Hybrid (even shares the same battery and engine tech obviously tuned better here), It is double the price now with GST on road mumbai vis a vis the Camry Hybrid. That is simply not done Toyota Lexus.

It cannot be double - maybe 25-40 % margin difference but not 100%.

Lamborghini felt the interiors were not as good as the germans and i do agree somewhat but the sound system and over all ambience was really good. I could go to sleep and wake up after the car has reached another city.

Great car, wish Toyota Lexus wouldve absorbed the GST price increase and kept prices lower.

Quote:

Originally Posted by M00M (Post 4234501)
So I today test drove the ES300h. First impression: car is just fantastic, it is smooth, quiet, super legroom at the back even with a 6 footer in front and rides mumbai's terrible roads really well.
It even has an ashtray in the rear doors and a lighter in the rear for smokers. Who wouldve thought that still exists in 2017.

The Japs are great smokers hence the ash tray bit! The smoothness and quietness of the car are tempting.

Quote:

Great car, wish Toyota Lexus wouldve absorbed the GST price increase and kept prices lower.
I gave this feedback to a Lexus Japan executive who was visiting yesterday. He did not believe there will be a downward readjustment of price. Lexus Gurgaon seem to have sold 35 cars in 3 months (April to June) most of which are the ES. I have no data as to how this compares to say a Mercedes dealership.

ES300H has been priced at INR 59,46,000. Increase of 4.19L ex showroom as compared to earlier.

The whole range is priced as below now -

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR (Post 4230483)
RX 450h LUXURY
INR 1,27,45,000

RX 450h F SPORT
INR 1,30,17,000

LX 450d
INR 2,25,17,000

Saw two, yes two, white colored LX450d , with CH- Temp Number plates, out side a house in Sarabha Nagar, in Ludhiana.

Supposedly , owned by the son of a Liquor distribution baron, in Ludhiana.

Will try to get pics if I can.

The Lexus dealer in delhi must be laughing all the way to the bank! Spotted one yesterday. Still can't wrap my head around the price

Driven: The Lexus Range (ES 300h, RX 450h & LX 450d)-imageuploadedbyteambhp1500993532.201584.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by agambhandari (Post 4227447)
There's a new Lexus dealership open at Janpath, new Delhi. Probably the same place where the was the Ferrari dealer. Sorry couldn't click pics

Saw it the other day. This replaces the JLR showroom I believe.

Surprised at the development considering the increasng number of Jags and LRs on the road

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshaymahajan (Post 4240406)
Saw it the other day. This replaces the JLR showroom I believe.

Surprised at the development considering the increasng number of Jags and LRs on the road

The new JLR showroom at Mathura Road is almost double the size of what they had on Janpath. Makes sense also since Mercedes, BMW and Audi all have a showroom within 1 km of the JLR showroom.

I pass the Bangalore Lexus showroom next to my house daily. I see many Merc GL's, Range Rover owners parked over there taking a look. My guess is that lexus have managed to target specific owners and bring them into the showroom to get a feel and win them over a period of time.