Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2019, 20:07   #196
BHPian

Re: Rubicon: Ford Aspire 1.5L Sports, now Wolf'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
At what rpm do you need how much power.
How to quantify the power? I am going to ask them to have the torque band from 1500 rpm to 3500 rpm. This is the range I usually drive.

Can you specifically put down your rpm wise power or torque figures?
Old 26th October 2019, 08:24   #197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
How to quantify the power? I am going to ask them to have the torque band from 1500 rpm to 3500 rpm. This is the range I usually drive.

Can you specifically put down your rpm wise power or torque figures?
You'll have to just explain to them. I haven't done a dyno run, or it would have been easier to show how my car is tuned.
tharian is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2019, 21:31   #198
Senior - BHPian

Made use of the diesel torque for a different purpose today.
Was visiting Mahaballipuram and saw this Xylo with one of its rear wheel stuck in beach sand. I carry a tow strap in my boot and decided to use it and give a shot in pulling the stuck Xylo out. Had to jerk and pull to get it out of the rut the wheel had dug. On the third try, with the help of the Xylo driver matching the timing, was able to pull him out.

Thankfully nothing broke as I was afraid of pulling a vehicle double the weight of my car and stuck as well.

Had a nice drive on ECR as well since it was a holiday and traffic was low. Roads were good and well marked after the recent visit of Modi and the Chinese Prez.

I've always noticed that in Chennai, the NVH is higher although during the drive from Blore, it is fine. I use Shell for highway trips which improves the NVH during high revs. It is probably because of the humid air.

Car crossed 24k kms in the process.
tharian is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 27th October 2019, 23:21   #199
BHPian

Yesterday I had a good 400 odd KM drive from Mumbai to Pune and back. Had a small work at Hinjewadi so decided to meet Shrikanth of Wolf Moto again. Was too early to feel the map which he had flashed two days earlier but realised that the car had a lot more potential.

Met Shrikanth and explained him if there is a possibility to better the low and mid range as I seldom rev the car above 3500 rpm. Also discussed about the maps and experiences of Tharian. He then told me about a little more aggressive map but there will be 10-20% more smoke at higher revs. As I hardly rev the car, I thought that should be manageable. He asked Rajiv to make the required changes and send across the new map.

The work was done in some 45 minutes. Drove the car with the new map back to Mumbai and did not feel much difference. However, now as the ECU is adapting, I could feel that it has got better at lower and mid range. The drivability has got better especially on 3rd gear and above. The car now effortlessly pushes ahead even at the highest gear. City drivability has got better. About the smoke, I haven't seen any on my IRVM but shall continue to keep an eye on it.

Cherry on top was that even after driving aggressively the car returned a mileage of 24 KMPL.

Today after nearly 6 months, I have got a near perfect seating position. Will be keeping it for few days and observing if it prevents or lessens body ache as earlier.

Got the Wolf-ed sticker at the rear. It looked cluttered so removed the S silver sticker from the rear bumper. Next would be to take off the Titanium badge.

One question though. Can the beadings be striped off completely and put a new one from the service center? Has anyone done this on their Figo or any other car? Will it be covered under warranty? My car's front beadings are getting lose and left one has almost come off.

Have a good 2000 KMs drive planned next week and contemplating to take the Figo. However, may go ahead with VW as the DSG offers more comfort for long and continuous driving albeit lesser fun than the Figo S.

Last edited by VWAllstar : 27th October 2019 at 23:32.
VWAllstar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th November 2019, 08:29   #200
Senior - BHPian

Had one of the quickest Chennai to Bangalore run yesterday.

I left Chennai at around 1245p and took an hour to reach ring road from Mylapore and stopped soon after at McDonalds for lunch. To avoid driving in the dark to a minimum, I kept good speeds all the way from there to Hoskote. Less traffic at that time of the day helped too. I took the Vellore to Chitoor road to avoid some part of the road works that is going on between Chitoor and Ranipet.
I was able to reach Kolar by sun down and reached Hoskote by around 630p.

Since the speeds were high always, the fuel efficiency would be around 16-17 kmpl, but I enjoyed the drive and this was the first time that I was driving good speeds through out a journey.
I kept the coolant temp reading open on the app through the OBD port and it showed 80-81c when I was at 3k rpms. On one stretch I pushed it to 4k rpms for almost a minute and it went upto 93c and it took a while to come down to 80c.
Topped up Essar fuel and added a bottle of Abro fuel additive too. I missed the Shell pump which I try to fill usually on a long trip since the NVH improves quite a lot with Shell.

The picture was on the way to Chennai couple of weeks ago. On the return, it was a non-stop run from outskirts of Chennai.
Although at times it gets boring to drive on 4-6 lane roads, it helps when you want to cover the distance fast.
Attached Thumbnails
Rubicon: Ford Aspire 1.5L Sports, now Wolf'd-img_3606.jpg  

Last edited by tharian : 5th November 2019 at 08:33.
tharian is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 17th November 2019, 17:13   #201
Senior - BHPian

Wanted to check how the smoke levels were since I had noticed less smoke even during low revs city drives.
I was surprised at the almost zero visible smoke in high revs.

It's been around 8 months since the last tune and a year since the first tune from Wolf Moto and apart from the NVH getting higher as the engine oil gets older, it's the same power delivery characteristic since then.
tharian is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 18th November 2019, 14:11   #202
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Wanted to check how the smoke levels were since I had noticed less smoke even during low revs city drives.
I was surprised at the almost zero visible smoke in high revs.
I had observed that the stock car smokes under full throttle. But, my friend's car with Wolf map has Zero smoke . It should be due to increased turbo boost in wolf map.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2019, 18:09   #203
Senior - BHPian

Got a TPMS fitted today.

It was from Sensairy and made in Bangalore itself. I picked it up from their office in Indiranagar after paying online. This is the internal sensor with a separate display. They have ones that are external and internal with or without the display. The app works as good and has better graphics. I went for the display since my phone battery drains quickly, neither will the phone display remain on when the app is running.

Ironically, there was a nail on one of the tyres noticed while wheel balancing was being done. It's the first puncture in 25k kms and that is impressive for the Alnac 4g tyres.
Attached Thumbnails
Rubicon: Ford Aspire 1.5L Sports, now Wolf'd-b906e613b070478f8d79768749a0b634.jpeg  

Rubicon: Ford Aspire 1.5L Sports, now Wolf'd-195676bc47114fa6b254d7b46205dab1.jpeg  

tharian is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2020, 11:35   #204
Senior - BHPian

Almost 2 months since I updated the thread mainly because the car has been going about it's usual routine. There were no trips done either since I used my bike for the last long trip.

Couple of days back I decided to visit the empty Aerospace park roads behind the airport for some quick accelerations. In the process crossed the 25k kms mark. Quite slow for a diesel car as it is just 4 months short of 3 years.
The car remains as good as new with no drop in power or such. Fuel efficiency in city is between 14.5-15 kmpl. The Wolf Moto remap has changed the car to drive like a NA engined car in city with almost nil lag. Smoke levels are almost nil too during hard acceleration. At 25k kms I am glad that the engine NVH is still good. Only after crossing 2.5k rpms it gets boomy inside more so because the muffler is removed.

Third year service is due in the new service centre in Hennur since the old one near my place had closed last year.

http://www.cauveryford.com/

My old dashcam which was quite old gave up the ghost in the last few days by turning off on its own. It had quite few falls because of the suction cup not staying put in the heat and may have caused some damage.

I picked up the below MAI70 dashcam as a replacement.
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07HN3TVJR/..._w3EgEb9VWHKB1

It is a basic one with no screen. But with the app, it is better than having a screen since I didn't want the whole world to know I am recording.
Attached Thumbnails
Rubicon: Ford Aspire 1.5L Sports, now Wolf'd-03b9a3758d314711af1bac70ee641e6d.jpg  

Rubicon: Ford Aspire 1.5L Sports, now Wolf'd-d0f2986007a24d85976700e6d6d0dc1f.jpg  

Rubicon: Ford Aspire 1.5L Sports, now Wolf'd-img_4465.jpg  

tharian is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 13th January 2020, 11:47   #205
BHPian

Quote:
The car remains as good as new with no drop in power or such. Fuel efficiency in city is between 14.5-15 kmpl. The Wolf Moto remap has changed the car to drive like a NA engined car in city with almost nil lag. Smoke levels are almost nil too during hard acceleration. At 25k kms I am glad that the engine NVH is still good. Only after crossing 2.5k rpms it gets boomy inside more so because the muffler is removed.
Good to read the above feedback from you. As you know even I am sailing in the same boat albeit in a Figo Sports. What are the ways we can reduce the NVH? Indeed above 2.5-3K RPM the engine does sound coarse.

Secondly, can we ask the service center to change the beadings under warranty? It has started to come off near the windshield and looks fragile to me for a 2 year old car.

Quote:
My old dashcam which was quite old gave up the ghost in the last few days by turning off on its own. It had quite few falls because of the suction cup not staying put in the heat and may have caused some damage.

I picked up the below MAI70 dashcam as a replacement.
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07HN3TVJR/..._w3EgEb9VWHKB1

It is a basic one with no screen. But with the app, it is better than having a screen since I didn't want the whole world to know I am recording.
Do put a separate post giving out more details of the dashcam. Even I am considering the same and need is also a basic but reliable one. May be you can post pics of the app and features too.
VWAllstar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2020, 12:13   #206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
Good to read the above feedback from you. As you know even I am sailing in the same boat albeit in a Figo Sports. What are the ways we can reduce the NVH? Indeed above 2.5-3K RPM the engine does sound coarse.

Secondly, can we ask the service center to change the beadings under warranty? It has started to come off near the windshield and looks fragile to me for a 2 year old car.
As for the NVH, I regularly use fuel additives which have helped and also check and change the filter if is dirty before the scheduled service. It helps in NVH especially on a long trip when the revs are around 2.5k rpm.

I doubt if they will replace the beading if it is coming out, they will probably try to stick it back. It is the same on my car.

Last edited by tharian : 13th January 2020 at 12:15.
tharian is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2020, 19:06   #207
BHPian

I have a query, I have been feeling a drop in pickup since the past 20k km. My car is at 47k km now and the accelerator pedal feels too hard and the car is very harsh with a lot of engine noise. But, there are times when I feel the pickup is fine and it's just me being paranoid. I am not sure what the problem is. I've tried getting the problem across at the past 2 services but they seem to think the pickup is fine. I know for a fact because of another Figo in the group which drives like a new car, its at 33k km too. Would apprecitate if somebody could pinpoint to the issue.
Old 20th January 2020, 20:56   #208
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bking View Post
I have a query, I have been feeling a drop in pickup since the past 20k km. My car is at 47k km now and the accelerator pedal feels too hard and the car is very harsh with a lot of engine noise. But, there are times when I feel the pickup is fine and it's just me being paranoid.
Can you clean the MAF sensor once with 100% Iso Propyl Alcohol (IPA) and see if there is any difference?!
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2020, 22:08   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Can you clean the MAF sensor once with 100% Iso Propyl Alcohol (IPA) and see if there is any difference?!
I will try to do that tomorrow and update with the results.
Old 3rd February 2020, 09:03   #210
Senior - BHPian

Done with another Chennai round trip with the odo standing at 25900 kms.

No specific point to highlight as it was business as usual for the car.
This time I tried a different fuel additive from Liqui Moly which I felt was on par with Cetane X when it came to engine smoothness, especially at low revs. Cetane X, I felt works better in high revs when it comes to NVH.

This time it was mix of fast driving and mileage drive on both ways. On the onward journey, I had already run more than 300 kms in city on the last tankful and didn't top up since there was still a third of the tank left for the trip. But, since I was constantly at 3k rpms for 250 kms, it quickly dropped the needle on the fuel gauge. When I calculated the fuel efficiency after having run 250 kms on highway at high revs and 300 kms in city, it was just 16 kmpl. So the next 80 kms to Chennai was at 90-100 kmph, not crossing 2k rpms and in the process I saw the highest average fuel efficiency figure on the MID - 33.3 kmpl!

On the return, it was a similar story. I was doing high speeds for the first 120 kms and the next 200 kms back home was at 2k rpms. In fact for the first time, I drove at 80-85 kmph on a highway for almost an hour. Things a MID can do. At the end, I got back with almost half a tank left with mix of city driving in Chennai and highway ripping and mileage runs.

The car is involving to drive even after the numerous trips I have done on the same route. Every time I go, it is like a I am doing a drive on that route after a long time, although it was just a month before. There is another one coming up in 4 weeks to get my 3 month old daughter back home after which I will give it for the annual service and then it will be long while until the next trip.
Attached Thumbnails
Rubicon: Ford Aspire 1.5L Sports, now Wolf'd-img_4720.jpg  

Last edited by tharian : 3rd February 2020 at 09:09.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks