Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2018, 21:57   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
No CEL. It has been more than 5k kms since I fitted it. This was a good quality plate I got from UK specifically for the Duratorq engine.

That's great to know. Can you share the details of that plate. I would like to get something similar for my Punto mjd.
Old 7th April 2018, 22:15   #92
Senior - BHPian

re: Rubicon: Ford Aspire 1.5L Sports, now Wolf'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waspune View Post
That's great to know. Can you share the details of that plate. I would like to get something similar for my Punto mjd.
This is the one;
https://www.ebay.com/itm/EGR-valve-B...3207762?_ul=IN

Perhaps the same seller has plates for Fiat engines.
Old 8th April 2018, 20:49   #93
BHPian

Been following your thread since day 1. I was pretty much focussed on what I wanted to buy and did not keep multiple cars in contention. As the booking time approached I was sure I wanted an Aspire S in ruby red shade, and I must admit yours was one of those reviews which acted as a seal over my decision. And I have not regretted it yet. She is a bliss to drive and a looker for sure.

Till date I have not messed up with anything and the car is pretty much stock. She has completed 9500 kms and on its 2nd service I plan to change the stock headlamps to something better (projectors if available at FASS). I take the DONT MESS WITH THE CAR TILL ITS IN WARRANTY quite seriously

Other than that I can't wait to get the RD box installed in my car, don't want to fiddle with proper remaps and tune. Simple plug n play would suffice my needs, but that too probably after the warranty gets over.
Tyres will be replaced once the Alnacs are worn out. The road noise is horrible in these.

Keep updating the thread so that other users like me are also benefitted.
Cheers!
Avalanche2409 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th April 2018, 11:06   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalanche2409 View Post
Been following your thread since day 1. I was pretty much focussed on what I wanted to buy and did not keep multiple cars in contention. As the booking time approached I was sure I wanted an Aspire S in ruby red shade, and I must admit yours was one of those reviews which acted as a seal over my decision. And I have not regretted it yet. She is a bliss to drive and a looker for sure.
Thank you. It is a understated car for sure.
It took me a while to get adjusted to it coming from a petrol car. But now, I enjoy every drive especially because of the power on tap.

Quote:
Other than that I can't wait to get the RD box installed in my car, don't want to fiddle with proper remaps and tune. Simple plug n play would suffice my needs, but that too probably after the warranty gets over.
Tuning boxes and remaps are something which comes down to the end user as to what he wants. Box is a good choice if you are worried about warranty.

Quote:
Tyres will be replaced once the Alnacs are worn out. The road noise is horrible in these.
I was pleasantly surprised with the Alnac 4g's actually. Yes, it can get noisy, but that depends on road surface. Mine is nearing 11k kms and I would say it hasn't got annoying yet and I am glad I did not waste money on another set when the car was new.
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2018, 12:42   #95
BHPian

Quote:
This is the one;
https://www.ebay.com/itm/EGR-valve-B...3207762?_ul=IN

Perhaps the same seller has plates for Fiat engines.
Thanks . I checked the seller and he doesn't source blanking plate for Fiats.
Old 2nd May 2018, 20:33   #96
Senior - BHPian

One year coming up this month end and the car has run 11700 kms.
Done with a trip to Chennai over the weekend.

Onward was via Chittoor which had road works going on and so the return was via Krishnagiri which was a fast trip.
Efficiency wasn't all that great due to some spirited driving and it was at 16kmpl.
Second half of the return trip didn't feel all that great. This was soon after I refilled fuel at a BP bunk at Vellore. The tank was almost dry by then and took in 39 litres. The engine felt rough and power felt a bit dull too. I couldn't figure out the reason since the engine performed fine all through the trip.
Although it was a big bunk, I think the fuel quality was the reason. I had also filled 200 ml of Cetane X with the tank full which didn't show its effectiveness either.
The remap has proved to be a big boon on trips especially on expressways.

Lost a rubber piece on the boot this time.
tharian is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2018, 21:15   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Efficiency wasn't all that great due to some spirited driving and it was at 16kmpl.
Mine has been quite consistent in this department. Have been getting average figures between 21-24 irrespective of how heavy or light footed I drive (in plains). Relaxed driving on highways with sparse traffic has seen some insane numbers in excess of 30s as well.

Just back from an extended stay at home today. A roundtrip of 420 kms which included 90% hill roads with a mix of good and bad stretches. The uphill average was 19.6 kmpl which improved on the return journey today and the final figure was 23.8 kmpl. Quite impressive.

I mostly fill from a BPCL COCO near my office which ensures that only good quality fuel gets in the car.
Avalanche2409 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2018, 21:37   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Mine has been quite consistent in this department. Have been getting average figures between 21-24 irrespective of how heavy or light footed I drive (in plains). Relaxed driving on highways with sparse traffic has seen some insane numbers in excess of 30s as well.

I mostly fill from a BPCL COCO near my office which ensures that only good quality fuel gets in the car.
That is some impressive figures. The maximum I have managed was 19kmpl on the highway, once.
Now with the remap, unless I drive very sedately, it is difficult to get anything about 18 kmpl.
With the diesel price as much as petrol was a year ago, it kind of defeats the diesel fuel advantage on long trips.

I fill only Essar which is available plenty on highways as well.
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2018, 22:05   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Mine has been quite consistent in this department. Have been getting average figures between 21-24 irrespective of how heavy or light footed I drive (in plains).
Really impressive figures indeed! I guess these are measured tankful to tankful? The MID figures are very optimistic hence the clarification. My car which has run 19100 kms and completed the second service today returns similar figures as tharian's when measured tankful to tankful method.
abhinav.s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2018, 22:05   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Now with the remap, unless I drive very sedately, it is difficult to get anything about 18 kmpl.
With the diesel price as much as petrol was a year ago, it kind of defeats the diesel fuel advantage on long trips.
Even though an 18 or 19 is a good enough number in isolation, but it is rather odd that cars running on essentially the same type of engine are giving this degree of variance in FE figures. Can't say if it is normal or is due to other factors (remap apart).

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Really impressive figures indeed! I guess these are measured tankful to tankful? The MID figures are very optimistic hence the clarification. My car which has run 19100 kms and completed the second service today returns similar figures as tharian's when measured tankful to tankful method.
I Agree, MID is not something to rely upon while measuring FE. The range that I have given covers the bottom end of 21-22 kmpl by tankful method and the usual 23-24 kmpl figure of the MID. However, it is not always possible to keep track of FE by the tankful method as one tends to forget exact quantity of fuel filled, the odo count at start etc., hence MID is the go-to reference point.

Just to double check, will definitely do a couple of tankful measures once again.

I'll be happy as long as I keep getting 20 plus numbers. It would still be way more fuel efficient than most of the cars out there on our roads.

Last edited by ampere : 2nd May 2018 at 22:53. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Avalanche2409 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2018, 22:34   #101
BHPian

I have observed that the mileage takes a hit with heavy foot driving. It remains 20+ if driven sedately.
Blow Horn Ok is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2018, 22:43   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
but it is rather odd that cars running on essentially the same type of engine are giving this degree of variance in FE figures..
Could also be due to the fact that the Sports variant of the Aspire and Figo are heavier than the regular variants (20kgs almost?). Hence the slightly lesser FE compared to the regular variants without remap / tyre upsize.
Old 3rd May 2018, 01:49   #103
BHPian

Rubicon, Ford Aspire 1.5L Sports now remapped

Quote:

I Agree, MID is not something to rely upon while measuring FE. The range that I have given covers the bottom end of 21-22 kmpl by tankful method and the usual 23-24 kmpl figure of the MID. However, it is not always possible to keep track of FE by the tankful method as one tends to forget exact quantity of fuel filled, the odo count at start etc., hence MID is the go-to reference point.

Pardon my interjection but it is definitely possible to keep track of FE by tankful to tankful method provided you are filling the tank everytime and have a trip meter.

Method that I follow :
1) I get the tank full and reset one trip meter or write down the kms.
2) After running for some kms, say 200 kms if I want to check the FE I again go to the fuel station and tank up. The number of litres that it took in is the total litres consumed.
3) I check the trip meter and see there 200 kms.
4) So the FE is 200/ no. of litres I filled during the second tank up.

Last edited by Waspune : 3rd May 2018 at 01:50.
Waspune is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2018, 06:52   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
However, it is not always possible to keep track of FE by the tankful method as one tends to forget exact quantity of fuel filled, the odo count at start etc., hence MID is the go-to reference point.

Just to double check, will definitely do a couple of tankful measures once again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waspune View Post
Pardon my interjection but it is definitely possible to keep track of FE by tankful to tankful method provided you are filling the tank everytime and have a trip meter.
Or, you could just install an app like "Fill Up" on your smartphone to keep track of your mileage. Just enter the ODO reading and fuel bought everytime you fill-up. That's it - it will do everything else. I track 3 vehicles with this one app.
samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2018, 10:13   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post
I have observed that the mileage takes a hit with heavy foot driving. It remains 20+ if driven sedately.
Yes, that's the biggest criteria that I've noticed as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Could also be due to the fact that the Sports variant of the Aspire and Figo are heavier than the regular variants (20kgs almost?). Hence the slightly lesser FE compared to the regular variants without remap / tyre upsize.
Avalanche2409 has a Sports Aspire as well.
To rule out remap effect, before the remap I used to get 15 kmpl in city which is now 13-14 and on the highway it's the same at 18 kmpl but drops by atleast 2 kmpl if I the revs are high.

Last edited by tharian : 3rd May 2018 at 10:28.
tharian is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks