Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2023, 01:17   #286
BHPian

Re: Rubicon: Ford Aspire 1.5L Sports, now Wolf'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
A surprise second remap

As of now the figures remain more or less the same as per the previous map, but the upside being, I can get it customized further.
Hello tharian,
A remarkable thread for TDCi owners. I own a Ford freestyle 1.5 TDCi and was planning to get it remapped. Was confused on which one whether code 6 or Wolfmoto. But after going through the 19 pages of thread I fixed on Wolfmoto. Which map is used in your aspire is it stage 1 or stage 1 + ? Because I am based on mumbai and I will have to wait for the tuners to come over here. I already conversed with them over phone after which I read through your thread and decided to go ahead with your tried and tested remap. It will also be helpful if you can share any personal contact of Wolfmoto personal.

In your thread you have mentioned about fuel additives. So how about the polytron diesel engine additive is it good ?

Last edited by sriniadk : 25th November 2023 at 01:20.
sriniadk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2023, 13:28   #287
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriniadk View Post
Hello tharian,
A remarkable thread for TDCi owners. I own a Ford freestyle 1.5 TDCi and was planning to get it remapped. Was confused on which one whether code 6 or Wolfmoto. But after going through the 19 pages of thread I fixed on Wolfmoto. Which map is used in your aspire is it stage 1 or stage 1 + ? Because I am based on mumbai and I will have to wait for the tuners to come over here. I already conversed with them over phone after which I read through your thread and decided to go ahead with your tried and tested remap. It will also be helpful if you can share any personal contact of Wolfmoto personal.

In your thread you have mentioned about fuel additives. So how about the polytron diesel engine additive is it good ?
Thank you.

Mine is a Stage 1+ map. I started off with a Stage 1 and the last update was a proper 1+. The top end has increased significantly as well as the pick up when the boost kicks in.

I haven't tried that diesel additive. I'll give it a shot in the next tankful.
tharian is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2023, 09:55   #288
Senior - BHPian

A change after 5 years.

I had removed the end can/exhaust muffler in December of 2018. The whole idea being, I wanted an audible exhaust note since I was so used to it on my previous cars which had free flow exhaust or altered ones. I got a straight pipe fitted angled to the side so I can see the smoke density in my side mirror. The alteration didn't make a difference as I expected and it was only a mild burble in low revs that could be heard, if the windows were down. But at high revs, there was a boom inside the car which was okay since I drove at those speeds once a while. Cruising at 100 kmh, which is my usual speeds on the highway was not loud too.

In the last few months, I noticed the engine in idle had gotten louder and there were vibes as well felt inside the car which I think is the engine mounts giving up. This I will need to get checked in the next annual service. With all the vibes and noise, I decided to get the muffler fitted back. The engine noise in idle and vibes were there, but the boom noise when revving is gone and is more fun now with the engine having a refined note when picking up speed. The cabin is actually silent now when driving sanely.
My initial idea was to get the de-cat down pipe fitted with the muffler back on. But with the power I have now, I think I will stick to this set up.
Also to note was, with the last remap update, there was a lag before the turbo kicked in which wasn't there on the earlier maps nor on the stock map. That seems to have reduced as well with the muffler back on.

Car has run 45100 kms

Last edited by tharian : 13th December 2023 at 10:06.
tharian is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2023, 09:14   #289
Senior - BHPian

A Christmas Gift for the car.

I was pushing the tyre replacement for a while now as the thread hadn't worn out fully. From the looks of it, it seemed it had around 30% left on them. Punctual rotation and alignment meant that all the tyres had equal wear and I was planning on replacing them only next year. The confusion was which brand and model to go for. I had been researching on and off and shortlisted the Perfinza, UC6, S-Drives, Verdestein Ultrac and the stock Alnac 4g.

The first choice was Perfinza, but the size for this car (195/55 15) is not available and although I was okay to upsize to the available size of 195/60, I decided to the stock size later. S-Drives were ruled out mainly because I wanted the tyre to not be too noisy as they wear out although I heard they are good performance tyres. Verdestein was the tyre I was almost going to go for and the price was comparatively low too. A fellow member suggested against it for the UC6 which he has been using on his Figo. I had a good experience with the Conti tyres on my previous old gen Figo when I changed the stock MRF tyres to CC3 when the car was new which made a world of a difference, especially in the wet and it complimented the old Figo chassis perfectly.
I picked up the tyres from an authorised Conti dealer nearby for 6,800/- a piece. The size for this tyre as per two tyre shops were hard to get since hardly any cars use this size. I got May/June made tyres and the first two years anyway is unconditional warranty, so it worked fine.
I have only used the car back from the dealer to home and I noticed a bit of tyre noise which I suppose will go away as the tyres runs in more. There is a long trip coming up after which I will be able feel the actual difference.

The stock Alnac 4g were brilliant tyres and I am glad I didn't replace them when the car was new since I thought like a budget car stock tyre, these would not be up to the mark too. I was proved nicely wrong through the years and even when the tyres got old, the grip was still good. The only reason for the change was that the tyres were nearing 7 years and had got noisy and with an upcoming trip with family, I didn't want that noise which can get tiring over a long distance. Punctures occurred only recently and over the years, there were around 4 punctures. One was at the edge of the thread which I noticed was tearing the rubber, so it was good that I replaced them before a trip. The stock tyres ran 45k kms. The odo is at 45200 kms.

The stock tires run 45k kms , not fully worn,Rubicon: Ford Aspire 1.5L Sports, now Wolf'd-img_4986.jpeg

The new UC6. It has a nice thread design. I can imagine how good the grip will be in the wet.
Rubicon: Ford Aspire 1.5L Sports, now Wolf'd-img_4978.jpeg

Rubicon: Ford Aspire 1.5L Sports, now Wolf'd-img_4984.jpeg

A day time shot coming soon from the same angle.
Rubicon: Ford Aspire 1.5L Sports, now Wolf'd-img_4987.jpeg

Last edited by tharian : 25th December 2023 at 09:21.
Old 26th December 2023, 15:48   #290
Senior - BHPian

I had got a wax and polish job two years ago at 3M and the dullness on the paint was showing now. I wash the car once in 2 months or more since it is hardly used.
Got to know about a Turtle wax studio not too far from my place and decided to pay them a visit today. Their charges are quite nominal and the work done is good too, for that price. I chose the graphene wax polish as it has a deeper finish. Results were quite satisfactory. The insides were cleaned too along with the air pressure for the engine bay.
Picked up some stuff like the cabin odour spray, micro fibre cloth, windshield washer solution and a car wash shampoo.
Attached Thumbnails
Rubicon: Ford Aspire 1.5L Sports, now Wolf'd-img_5067.jpeg  

Rubicon: Ford Aspire 1.5L Sports, now Wolf'd-img_5069.jpeg  

Rubicon: Ford Aspire 1.5L Sports, now Wolf'd-img_5070.jpeg  

Rubicon: Ford Aspire 1.5L Sports, now Wolf'd-img_5071.jpeg  

Rubicon: Ford Aspire 1.5L Sports, now Wolf'd-img_5074.jpeg  

tharian is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 31st December 2023, 20:36   #291
Senior - BHPian

It had been a while since I did a Kerala trip apart from the usual Chennai trips which happens every year. The last trip was last December and although Christmas holidays are the wrong time to visit a place, especially towards Kerala by road, I had no choice this time. I had to visit Calicut and a nearby town called Quilandi. The car was loaded with luggage and passengers and we left around 6am mid week. The traffic on the Blore-Mys highway wasn't very bad and I was able to keep a steady 100 kmph all the way to Mysore with hardly any braking and it took just an hour because of that.

The car felt a whole lot different because of the new tyres, the muffler back on and the upgraded brake pads from few months ago. The new map as well felt different with the muffler fitted back. Earlier when I had got the map updated, the initial torque had reduced and the lag felt more although the engine felt more powerful once the turbo kicked in. Now, the power delivery has become how it was on the earlier map which is linear and the power is bumped as well, even with less throttle inputs. There is some amount of roughness that has creeped in which I am not sure if it is because of the exhaust flow restricted or because of some other reason. The idle feels noisy too and I feel the engine mounts may have to be replaced.

Coming the tyres. I hardly drove with the new tyres before the trip, so the running in of the new tyres was during the trip. The Conti UC6 surely felt different in terms grip and ride although I couldn't explore the grip it offers fully because of travelling with family. But on few occasions when I floored the gas pedal, I could feel the tyres gripping more than the old ones. The one thing I noticed with these tyres were the tyre noise which was only slightly better than the worn out Apollo Alnac 4g. Maybe it will get better as it gets used more. On well surfaced roads, it is fine, but on roads that have a rough surface, it gets noisy. Overall, with a loaded car and good speeds, it did a good job.

The overall fuel efficiency was around 19-20 kmpl mainly because on the return, I was doing around 3k rpm on the most part if the Mysore-Blore expressway and the traffic on Kerala roads being single lane always leads to some hard revving for overtakes and constant braking and accelerating.
The coolant temps did creep up again on two occasions. One was when I was climbing the ghats to Waynad in slow moving traffic and the other in Blore traffic. Usual coolant temp is 79-81c and on these occasions, it was between 85-90c. Not alarming.

The upgraded brake pads were a big help because the traffic on Kerala roads are unpredictable. Although I had driven multiple time on this route and others in Kerala, every time there is a close call because of careless manners of two wheeler riders and some cars who just stop with no signal on the road.

The trip was around 800 kms and the car has crossed 46000 kms.

Probably the only peaceful drive I have had between Bangalore and Mysore. The return reminded me of the old road because of traffic and every other car, racing.
Rubicon: Ford Aspire 1.5L Sports, now Wolf'd-img20231227072243.jpeg

A good looking 240D spotted in Mysore.
Rubicon: Ford Aspire 1.5L Sports, now Wolf'd-img_5077.jpeg

Roads in Waynad, Kerala.
Rubicon: Ford Aspire 1.5L Sports, now Wolf'd-img_5078.jpeg

At my maternal family property.

Rubicon: Ford Aspire 1.5L Sports, now Wolf'd-img_5131.jpeg
Attached Thumbnails
Rubicon: Ford Aspire 1.5L Sports, now Wolf'd-img_5134.jpeg  

Rubicon: Ford Aspire 1.5L Sports, now Wolf'd-img_5128.jpeg  

Last edited by tharian : 31st December 2023 at 20:40.
tharian is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 11th February 2024, 19:16   #292
Senior - BHPian

Few pictures from a short drive with fellow member Redline Shooter on his Figo S along with member Evil Messiah riding shotgun.

Did a blast on the Satellite ring road from Hoskote to Devanahalli and back on the same route.Both cars quite similar being the S trim with the same remap tune and same Conti UC6 tyres.
I drove the Figo S for the first time and needless to say, it felt quite similar to my Aspire S. Tune felt a bit different when driving probably because the engine had run more than mine and the intake was cleaned before the remap, which was done recently.

Car has run 46,400 kms. Used a Abro injector cleaner during the fuel refill this time and picked up the LM Ceratec to use during the service due next month.
Attached Thumbnails
Rubicon: Ford Aspire 1.5L Sports, now Wolf'd-img_5588.jpeg  

Rubicon: Ford Aspire 1.5L Sports, now Wolf'd-img_5586.jpeg  

Rubicon: Ford Aspire 1.5L Sports, now Wolf'd-img_5590.jpeg  

Rubicon: Ford Aspire 1.5L Sports, now Wolf'd-img_5591.jpeg  

Rubicon: Ford Aspire 1.5L Sports, now Wolf'd-img_5593.jpeg  

Last edited by tharian : 11th February 2024 at 19:18.
tharian is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 16th March 2024, 21:43   #293
Senior - BHPian

The 7th year service was completed last weekend.. The service included changing of all filters and the engine oil. The only complaint was one of the rear power window not going up for which the switch was replaced. There was an issue of the speedo needle jumping at times when the ignition is turned on and also the instrument cluster going dead. Since the issue is intermittent, the service centre didn't look at it. I have to continue to reseat the fuse to fix it. The engine mount was checked and was fine. Eight of the lug nuts had slight wear and needs to be replaced soon. I knew this would happen because of the use of power tools at all the puncture and tyre shops.

I also added the Ceratec oil additive this time after asking them to pour less 300 ml engine oil. The change was felt within couple of kms as the engine became nice and smooth, but surprisingly I didn't feel much of a difference later on a 800 kms trip although there is a noticeable difference in low revs in city.
There were few rat attacks and thankfully they damaged only some insulation foam behind the front door hinges.

I had to do a emergency drive to Calicut for a funeral and returned from Quilandi in Calicut district. This was probably the only trip in recent years where the roads were low on traffic all the way, both ways. I was at 100 and hardly exceeded that speed and still was able to do the 350kms one way trip in 7 hrs with a half hour stop.

Got a fuel efficiency of 19 kmpl. The car has run 47400 kms

Before and after the annual service.

Rubicon: Ford Aspire 1.5L Sports, now Wolf'd-img_5724-copy.jpeg
Rubicon: Ford Aspire 1.5L Sports, now Wolf'd-img_5727.jpeg

Last edited by tharian : 16th March 2024 at 21:52.
tharian is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 16th March 2024, 23:31   #294
BHPian

Quote:
There was an issue of the speedo needle jumping at times when the ignition is turned on and also the instrument cluster going dead.
Not sure, but this can be an early sign of either (or both) of the front wheel sensor failure. A common sight every year on my Skoda Rapid .
GautamJ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2024, 22:48   #295
BHPian

The Aspire is a sturdy and economical car. The diesel engine is a gem and the mileage value puts a smile every time I see it. It is such a well sorted vehicle that unlike my many decisions in life I feel this was one of the good one's

I was asked to change wheel nuts and radiator fan assembly recently but I checked the nuts with the spanner and they seem alright for now and also got a second opinion regarding the fan assembly and that too seems to be a false alarm by the service center. Also they are over excited to replace my clutch set which I don't feel any problem with. Due to these over zealous suggestions I will be changing to a service station nearby now.

Otherwise the car is running fantastic with very minimal sign of aging otherwise. The build quality of this vehicle is top notch.

BTW: what is your suggestion should I head for the Wolf remap? I have not touched/modified anything in the car or even my bikes (except gas shocks on the Bullet which are useless). So this will be my first mod on any vehicle, so it will be a bit exciting

Last edited by masterChief007 : 18th March 2024 at 22:58.
masterChief007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2024, 01:07   #296
kkg
BHPian

Quote:
e 7th year service was completed last weekend.. The service included changing of all filters and the engine oil. The only complaint was one of the rear power window not going up for which the switch was replaced...
Next time just spray generous amount of any electronic board cleaner directly into the switch,no need to even open it, will start working.

It's a common issue with Figo twins and Ecosport and I have rectified mine twice in my Figo.
kkg is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks