Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2018, 17:51   #31
BHPian

Re: My first car - Hyundai Creta Diesel AT SX+

Hi Friend,

There are lot of braking issues doing the rounds wherever I see Creta AT reviews.
Is the braking really bad, especially in Creta AT?
I have not gotten a chance to TD 2018 Creta AT yet.

Please let me know, thank you.
deemash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 15:20   #32

Re: My first car - Hyundai Creta Diesel AT SX+ | 75,000 km update

Four years have flown by, and boy, am I impressed and happy with this beast of a car. The Creta has served us well and true.

I'm fast approaching the 75k mark on the odo and, therefore, thought I'd pen down a few thoughts on my journey with the car so far. This post is not going to have any pictures - apologies!

The Journey So Far

The car has seen all sorts of terrain. From doing a fairly accurate impression of a 4x4 in the slush of a parking lot in Matheran to countless runs between Mumbai and Pune and Mumbai and Goa. Trundling around the B-roads between Mumbai and places like Gokarna, Murud, Korlai, etc., has been a hoot. It has doubled up as a mini Tata 407 - loaded to the hilt as we moved between Mumbai and Goa.

Engine Performance | Suspension | Major Hiccups (hint: none so far)

My decision to move from the trusty and reliable petrol engines of Honda to what was then a completely new experience of the Hyundai 1.6 CRDI workhorse has been vindicated and one of the best motoring decisions I've made.

The engine in the Creta is an absolute peach of an engine. I understand that this may not be the case for all owners, since I've read some of the horror stories that have plagued fellow BHPians (in relation to the transmission and engine). Thankfully, nothing negative to report.

The 126 horses in this car have been loyal and reliable and have served me very well indeed. While the gearbox is not spectacularly sporty, its ease, reliability and ability to handle anything thrown at it continues to pleasantly surprise me.

The suspension remains as plush as it was four years ago. Regular maintenance related changes have been carried out - the lower arms were replaced around 60k at the ASC's recommendation. I understand this could have been overkill and that I could, in all probability, have continued to drive without changing those, but the difference could be felt and I'm glad I went ahead and made the change when I did.

No major mechanical work has been required. All services have been carried out at Modi Hyundai in Goregaon, with a couple of services at Alcon Hyundai in Goa - their service standards are decent and no complaints on that front.

The Bridgestone Dueler tires lasted around 65k kms, and were duly replaced with another set, which continue to serve me well. I did briefly consider switching to the Michelins. Glad that didn't go through.

Interiors

Ever since we welcomed our baby Beagle to the family, the Creta has been ravaged by hair balls! Not complaining - though I have torn out the remnants of hair on my bald head at times trying to get them out of the carpeting. Apart from that, the plasticky black interior remains unblemished and cleaning it is fairly easy. The right rear AC vents adjuster needs replacing as it has finally given way. The ICE is, at least as far as I'm concerned, banging good as ever!

Concluding Notes

I think one knows they've got a keeper on their hands when all rational reasons for an upgrade are rendered moot. In my case, apart from the ego-boosting desire to upgrade to a mid-sized German marquee SUV, I see no reason to upgrade from the Creta. It continues to be the perfect car for my particular use-case and ensures I can move around in comfort and fun. Very thankful to the motoring gods for keeping my baby clean, safe and running butter smooth.
anukritbhargava is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks