Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2017, 22:38   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: Our Raydon: A Renault Kwid 1.0L AMT joins the family. EDIT: 4 year & 40,000 km update

Hey vishy76,

Excellent write-up. The Kwid AMT is a decent package for the money, Recently drove one and I was quite happy with the AMT. Did you check the hatch properly for a possible repaint at the dealership? The missing badge and paint chip off make things suspicious.

Happy motoring!
asit.kulkarni93 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2017, 22:41   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Our Raydon: A Renault Kwid 1.0L AMT joins the family. EDIT: 4 year & 40,000 km update

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
There is a kind of poetic justice to this review. Let me elaborate.

The Kwid follows, borrows and carries forward the DNA of its elder sibling - Duster. No marks for guessing that it does this with distinction. Likewise, you are the teambhp equivalent of the Kwid to the Dusteresque reputation established by our moderators. A simple glance at the ownership report will certainly draw comparisons with the Official Reviews on the forum.

Hats off to you on a wonderful writeup. Congrats to your parents on purchasing the new car: and for being your parents . I wish, like I did earlier, that all boys of your age could write like you!
Thanks a lot for the appreciation sir! These kind of comments are what keeps me going..

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
All of 15 and a review that reads like an official review . Man, you'll give us a run for our money once you grow up. Your ownership report is better than my first official review, compiled when I was 32 (link).

Congratulations on the Kwid AMT & wish you many years of driving convenience. This report is going straight to our homepage.

Bet you can't wait to get your driving licence, eh? Do read through our archives - we have some awesome threads with detailed driving tips (start here).

Thanks for sharing this comprehensive & unbiased review!

Well, I am certainly cannot wait to get a driving license, but that is if the Jetta stays with us. I want to start off with a 138bhp manual first.

But who knows what it could be. Maybe an S-Cross 1.6 down the line now that the Jetta's service bills have started to trigger a world War between me and my parents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
Wonderful review, coming from a kid half my age! Wow!

Congrats on the kwid 1.0 AMT!

I have wrapped my roof matte black, and it does look sweet.
Wonderful job on your car and thanks again. Let's see if I can coax my dad into wrapping the roof as well.

BTW, I am getting somewhere around 14.9 to 15 on the MID. What FE figures are you getting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post

I was disappointed that this awesome report had remained unacknowledged for a full day after being published. Now that it has found its rightful place on the homepage, it will surely get its due.
Thanks once again. This was partially my mistake. I should have compiled the review on MS Word first. But I hate word although I am a computer student.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
Great thread from a 15 year old. Keep up with the writing and you could be our next official reviewer!!
Let's see how it pans out. I would be more than honoured to do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srivatsahg View Post
Hey Kwiddo..Yes we can call you this!

Can't believe for one second that you're 15 and reviewing it like a Pro.
@GTO must admit you guys have a some serious competition in the coming days !

Nevertheless brilliant observations indeed and Keep them coming. Do drive only after you obtain a Driver's license once you are legally allowed to.
Thanks for the wishes again. I cannot wait to get my license but only time will tell if the Jetta or the Kwid or an S-Cross 1.6 is what I get to learn on.

Last edited by vishy76 : 29th August 2017 at 22:42.
vishy76 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th August 2017, 06:16   #18
BHPian

Hi Vishy,

No doubt a great review on the forum and what was surprising was that it was compiled by a 15 year old. You have given me serious complex buddy.

I do have a piece of advice here. Never be on the wrong side of the law. As per the law you are underage to drive a vehicle and must not be having a licence.
I do not doubt your driving skills but there are drivers with legal documents who are more dangerous to others on the road. In case of an untoward incident, it will be your parents who will have to face the music, so Kwiddo (as mentioned by srivatshg) hold on for a few more years till you get a legal document to drive, until then avoid driving on public roads and hone your driving skills further in restricted and private areas, if available to you.

Thank you.

Cheers
Brumby is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2017, 11:27   #19
BHPian

Excellent review about an AT kwid, nice that you have mentioned even about paint chipping, dirt accumulation and such things too, with pictures.

Hope you got the stalling issue rectified. Did you find it to be a common complaint? Please do update on that too.

Last edited by crdi : 30th August 2017 at 11:28.
crdi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2017, 15:31   #20
Senior - BHPian

A very well written and honest review that impartially covers the positives and the negatives of the KWID in true TeamBHP style!

I have been following the "Maruti AMT Woes" thread that you started in April 2017 and that thread has been a guiding force in enabling people buying AMT cars to make the right decision by understanding the issues associated with the AMT.

However, what did not strike me was that you are only 15 years old

I think the KWID is an extremely good looking car. If Renault adds the Passenger Airbag and ABS with a marginal increase in price - it should make the already great package a perfect package at that price point.

Wishing you many happy and safe miles on the car (under parental supervision only )
vsrivatsa is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2017, 16:24   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brumby View Post
Hi Vishy,

I do have a piece of advice here. Never be on the wrong side of the law. As per the law you are underage to drive a vehicle and must not be having a licence.
I do not doubt your driving skills but there are drivers with legal documents who are more dangerous to others on the road. In case of an untoward incident, it will be your parents who will have to face the music, so Kwiddo (as mentioned by srivatshg) hold on for a few more years till you get a legal document to drive, until then avoid driving on public roads and hone your driving skills further in restricted and private areas, if available to you.

Thank you.

Cheers
I would like to clarify here that the driving impressions of the car are a compilation of what my dad and mom feel about it. I DO NOT encourage underage driving being a team BHP member.
Thanks for your appreciation,
Regards,
Vishy
vishy76 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th August 2017, 22:57   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishy76 View Post
I would like to clarify here that the driving impressions of the car are a compilation of what my dad and mom feel about it. I DO NOT encourage underage driving being a team BHP member.
Thanks for your appreciation,
Regards,
Vishy
That's really amazing, writing a review with other's experiences is even more difficult. Its just the first person account in the review which misled me. Apologies for the comment based on the confusion. Following quotes were the reason for my advice.

"Even when it comes to high speed stability, the Kwid remains fairly able at legal speeds of upto 80 Km/hr, although I haven't tested it after this."
I haven't exactly tested the car on open stretches yet and I don't think I will do that either. However, one thing I did notice with the AMT is that it doesn't like sudden throttle inputs or aggressive ones either. Predictable and linear ones work best and the AMT rewards you with acceptable shift quality
."

Thank you.

Regards.
Brumby is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2017, 23:13   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Superb review!! Rated 5 stars

Kwid is the best looking and spacious car in entry level hatch segment. I too own a Kwid but 800 CC. I have read your thread about AMT niggles in Maruti. Hope the AMT in Kwid is trouble free.

Cheers!
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2017, 23:49   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crdi View Post
Excellent review about an AT kwid, nice that you have mentioned even about paint chipping, dirt accumulation and such things too, with pictures.

Hope you got the stalling issue rectified. Did you find it to be a common complaint? Please do update on that too.
Thanks.

Update on the stalling issue. It hasn't recurred since the last 1K Km atleast. There are two possibilities to this:

- Dirty fuel in the tank
- The AMT was trying to adjust to my dad's driving style

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
A very well written and honest review that impartially covers the positives and the negatives of the KWID in true TeamBHP style!

I have been following the "Maruti AMT Woes" thread that you started in April 2017 and that thread has been a guiding force in enabling people buying AMT cars to make the right decision by understanding the issues associated with the AMT.

However, what did not strike me was that you are only 15 years old

I think the KWID is an extremely good looking car. If Renault adds the Passenger Airbag and ABS with a marginal increase in price - it should make the already great package a perfect package at that price point.

Wishing you many happy and safe miles on the car (under parental supervision only )
Thanks once again. Yes I do agree that Renault should offer 2 airbags and ABS as standard atleast, but the most important addition IMHO should be a crash worthy structure. Airbags make no sense in a tin can. BTW, your Ignis AMT review is no less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Superb review!! Rated 5 stars

Kwid is the best looking and spacious car in entry level hatch segment. I too own a Kwid but 800 CC. I have read your thread about AMT niggles in Maruti. Hope the AMT in Kwid is trouble free.

Cheers!
Thanks sir. Your S-cross 1.6's sleeper's review is no less!

Even I am keeping my fingers crossed when it comes to the AMT. In the 5-6 lakhs bracket, you don't really have a choice to be honest. Even the Nano and Alto are AMTs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brumby View Post
That's really amazing, writing a review with other's experiences is even more difficult. Its just the first person account in the review which misled me. Apologies for the comment based on the confusion. Following quotes were the reason for my advice.

"Even when it comes to high speed stability, the Kwid remains fairly able at legal speeds of upto 80 Km/hr, although I haven't tested it after this."
I haven't exactly tested the car on open stretches yet and I don't think I will do that either. However, one thing I did notice with the AMT is that it doesn't like sudden throttle inputs or aggressive ones either. Predictable and linear ones work best and the AMT rewards you with acceptable shift quality
."

Thank you.
Regards.
I will accept it is my mistake as well. I had clearly mentioned that it was my dad's impressions when it came to reviewing my Jetta, but forgot to do so for the Kwid. Will make it a point next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asit.kulkarni93 View Post
Hey vishy76,

Excellent write-up. The Kwid AMT is a decent package for the money, Recently drove one and I was quite happy with the AMT. Did you check the hatch properly for a possible repaint at the dealership? The missing badge and paint chip off make things suspicious.

Happy motoring!
Sorry for responding late. I did check the hatch and the paint quality is spotless in comparision to the spoiler and the front bumper. On the bumpers, I have noticed that the paint is thin on the edges which might be a simple case of failed QC by Renault.

Again, why would someone repaint two completely different parts of a car? And I took delivery of the car only a day after it arrived from the stockyard. But thanks for pointing this out. I will ask them if they can repaint the bumpers or atleast align them this time round.

Thanks again,
Vishy

Last edited by vishy76 : 31st August 2017 at 00:03.
vishy76 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2017, 09:22   #25
Senior - BHPian

Whoa! That's a superbly written review. Then I went back to the first post and double checked whether I had correctly read your age as 15! Nicely written, and to the point. Congrats on your Kwid. We are also thinking of getting a small hatch in the next 6 months; and the Kwid is one cat that we are seriously thinking over. Enjoy, the car for now. And when you turn 18, enjoy driving the car!
W.A.G.7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2017, 17:57   #26
BHPian

Amazing review Vishy.
vijayols is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2017, 19:51   #27
BHPian

Ananth, fabulous review buddy! I am not even close to you when it comes to putting in the technical details in the ownership review in such an interesting way, kudos! This is the first time I am looking into this car seriously, and I must say, some aspects are quite interesting. Totally agree on your points about how this product can be improved, especially the emphasis on a safer body shell and standardised safety features. It's 2017, and I just can't stress more upon that.

Thanks to you for this fab review, do keep it updated with the progress of time!

Neel
petrolhead_neel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2017, 13:53   #28

Hi vishy76,

What a fabulous review! Couldn't believe that you were just 15. You have covered all the points your observation skills and attention to detail are just awesome.

Some doubts:
  • Why are those yellow stickers fixed on the headlamps?
  • Have Renault upgraded the Kwid with better looking mirrors? I remember the 1st gen Kwids which some of my family members have comes with bare-basic Maruti 800 like mirrors. Side view mirrors were available only as an accessory.

Honestly speaking, it is you who motivated me to register to this forum. Thanks for that. After reading this review, I thought why can't I also join here and contribute to Team-BHP, the automotive encyclopedia. That's how I joined this forum. So, my first post is dedicated to you Wishing many more happy miles on the Kwid. Do keep us updated.

PS: I am also 15.

Regards,
Harikrishnan
petrolhead_hari is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2017, 23:28   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_hari View Post
Some doubts:[list][*]Why are those yellow stickers fixed on the headlamps?
Its necessary in Gujarat. Its required (not sure if the rule was abolished) on RHS headlight to reduce glare for oncoming traffic.
Here is the Team-BHP thread link.

Not having it is a hassle, and dealers here do paste the stickers on RHS headlight at time of vehicle delivery. Even some leading accessories shop and AC repair shops will put up the sticker if they find existing ones on vehicles faded of in case there are no stickers.

Based out of Vadodara, Gujarat, I have still paid fine once in A'bad due to lack of this sticker and also once a cop asked for bribe, and I had to shell out Rs. 500/-, again in A'bad. Better have it.

There were some news about this yellow sticker requirement being abolished, but still its better to have one in your car in Gujarat rather than face any future hassle due to lack of it.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 3rd September 2017 at 23:32.
aaggoswami is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2017, 00:11   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
Whoa! That's a superbly written review. Then I went back to the first post and double checked whether I had correctly read your age as 15! Nicely written, and to the point. Congrats on your Kwid. We are also thinking of getting a small hatch in the next 6 months; and the Kwid is one cat that we are seriously thinking over. Enjoy, the car for now. And when you turn 18, enjoy driving the car!
Thanks a lot sir. Do consider the upcoming Alto as well. The only downside to the Kwid is the lack of manual mode. If it is a 2nd car though, go for it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_neel View Post
Ananth, fabulous review buddy! I am not even close to you when it comes to putting in the technical details in the ownership review in such an interesting way, kudos! This is the first time I am looking into this car seriously, and I must say, some aspects are quite interesting. Totally agree on your points about how this product can be improved, especially the emphasis on a safer body shell and standardised safety features. It's 2017, and I just can't stress more upon that.

Thanks to you for this fab review, do keep it updated with the progress of time!

Neel
Thanks Neel.

The Kwid, just like every other car can be improved. Renault should start off with a good safety structure. But to be honest, I don't have hopes from them. The Duster itself failed crash tests, how can the kwid survive?

Safety won't improve unless we ask for it. Either ways, I hope Renault atleast equips the car with ABS (a must IMHO) and dual airbags as standard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_hari View Post
Hi vishy76,

What a fabulous review! Couldn't believe that you were just 15. You have covered all the points your observation skills and attention to detail are just awesome.

Some doubts:
  • Why are those yellow stickers fixed on the headlamps?
  • Have Renault upgraded the Kwid with better looking mirrors? I remember the 1st gen Kwids which some of my family members have comes with bare-basic Maruti 800 like mirrors. Side view mirrors were available only as an accessory.

Honestly speaking, it is you who motivated me to register to this forum. Thanks for that. After reading this review, I thought why can't I also join here and contribute to Team-BHP, the automotive encyclopedia. That's how I joined this forum. So, my first post is dedicated to you Wishing many more happy miles on the Kwid. Do keep us updated.

PS: I am also 15.

Regards,
Harikrishnan
Thanks a lot Hari. Glad to know that I could inspire you to join the forum!

Here are the answers to your questions:

1. I guess aagoswami answered that one for you. BTW, even my dad was fined once when we drove our Verna from Mumbai to Vadodara without that yellow strip in place. It ruins the aesthetics of the car though, and I still don't have it on my Jetta.

2. All the Kwid RXT variants manufactured post January or February 2017 have these as standard. The only difference is that the 1.0 get these in gun metal grey or a silver depending upon the body colour you have chosen and the 800cc variants have the normal black ones.

BTW, do introduce yourself on shifting gears section.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Its necessary in Gujarat. Its required (not sure if the rule was abolished) on RHS headlight to reduce glare for oncoming traffic.
Here is the Team-BHP thread link.

Not having it is a hassle, and dealers here do paste the stickers on RHS headlight at time of vehicle delivery. Even some leading accessories shop and AC repair shops will put up the sticker if they find existing ones on vehicles faded of in case there are no stickers.

Based out of Vadodara, Gujarat, I have still paid fine once in A'bad due to lack of this sticker and also once a cop asked for bribe, and I had to shell out Rs. 500/-, again in A'bad. Better have it.

There were some news about this yellow sticker requirement being abolished, but still its better to have one in your car in Gujarat rather than face any future hassle due to lack of it.
Thanks for clarifying sir. We should meet up sometime since you are based out of Vadodara. Not many BHpians from this part of Gujurat.

Last edited by vishy76 : 4th September 2017 at 00:34.
vishy76 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks