Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2017, 08:38   #16
BHPian

Re: My Isuzu MU-X 4x4 Automatic

Congrats drbones. A 3 litre engine is wonderful to play with. Enjoy your travels and post pictures in the process.

I had been to Isuzu service center in Bangalore to fix a side step for my V Cross. I had a wonderful experience. They were nimble, skilled and completed the task without much talk. I am impressed.

Last edited by Boomerang : 13th July 2017 at 08:39. Reason: spelling
Boomerang is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2017, 19:51   #17
BHPian

Congrats on this beauty! Waiting for long term ownership reports now
aabhimanyu04 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2017, 22:31   #18
BHPian

Congratulations for the beast! It looks like a true SUV!
After checking this thread i checked the reviews online and decided to visit the nearest Isuzu showroom for MUX. I really liked the vehicle, it has great space and comfort, visibility, road presence, durable and good quality interiors also. The only thing that holds me back from putting my money down is lack of 6/7 airbags. On road Pune is around rs 29.xx L and i definitely want 6+ airbags at this price. I gave my feedback to the sales rep about the same and told him to communicate with the company also. Otherwise, i will rate it higher than my Pajero Sport!
46TheDoctor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2017, 00:14   #19
BANNED

Congrats on buying this big hulk. The price that you bought it for is a steal. There is no match for this car at this price point. I was shocked to see the service charges which is so reasonable. I don't think any SUV services are so cheap. Even XUV service is far more expensive than this one.
Would be looking forward for long term report card for this vehicle.
Enjoy your hulk.
Regards
visky
visky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2017, 14:16   #20
BHPian

Congratulations on the beast. Being a orthopedic surgeon do u think manual geared cars will take a toll on your bones (knees, ankle etc because of clutch usage) in the long run? I see your Amaze was automatic too.
Old 14th July 2017, 15:22   #21
BHPian

Congratulations on your new drive, good review. Saw this on the road and it looks awesome. Happy Motoring.
sparky@home is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2017, 16:02   #22
BHPian

Many congratulations drbones on acquisition of this superb machine! Looks fantastic.

Few questions:
  1. What all are included in the maintenance expenses? Only lubes change or everything? How about Wheel alignment / balancing, brake pads, brake cleaning? Is that table an estimate or actual charges?
  2. Any off-roading experiences yet? Did you engage 4L anytime?
  3. How is the illumination at night? Low and high beam.

Wish you many happy miles and overland expeditions with your Isuzu!
ragh_bhushan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2017, 12:28   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatbits View Post
Congratulations on the beast. Being a orthopedic surgeon do u think manual geared cars will take a toll on your bones (knees, ankle etc because of clutch usage) in the long run? I see your Amaze was automatic too.
Good observation bharatbits, considering todays traffic Manual transmission doesn't make sense to me. Any one who likes a manual transmission car even after having a choice to have an automatic or let him drive both for a week and listen what he has to say. Only manual i like to drive is my Gypsy but definitely not in the traffic.

AT will definitely make your lt knee more comfortable for sure.
drbones is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th July 2017, 00:17   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by visky View Post
I don't think any SUV services are so cheap. Even XUV service is far more expensive than this one.
Would be looking forward for long term report card for this vehicle.
Visky true service cost will be known only once my MU X goes for its servicing, that too after 20K service. Till then i will keep my fingers crossed. Long term report will be as soon as i clock some good miles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragh_bhushan View Post
Many congratulations drbones on acquisition of this superb machine! Looks fantastic.

Few questions:
  1. What all are included in the maintenance expenses? Only lubes change or everything? How about Wheel alignment / balancing, brake pads, brake cleaning? Is that table an estimate or actual charges?
  2. Any off-roading experiences yet? Did you engage 4L anytime?
  3. How is the illumination at night? Low and high beam.

Wish you many happy miles and overland expeditions with your Isuzu!
Regular fluids, filters and labour charge including tax. Wheel alignment, balancing and tyre rotation is recommended every 20K according to the owners manual. Brake pads should last atleast 25-30K if driven sensibly for this heavy SUV. I do offroading on weekends mostly on loose sand and some soft and steep inclines, I did engage 4L a couple of times to clear a steep incline, MU X excels offroad. 4H is more than enough to tackle most of the situations. Good 4X4 gearbox, high ground clearance and powerful engine get it over almost anything. One of the most capable luxury offroaders in the country, which is priced well.

Last edited by GTO : 18th July 2017 at 16:04. Reason: Typo
drbones is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th July 2017, 09:46   #25
Team-BHP Support

This is what we paid recently for our Pickup truck at 40,000 Km. In my opinion, mU-X should cost marginally more due to the larger engine. Another cost can be Brake pads which are not mentioned here as these are wear & tear parts. V Cross owners have reported replacements as early as 10,000Km and after a lot of complaints, Isuze decreased prices to Rs 5000. It will be interesting to see how much these last given the Auto transmission.
Attached Thumbnails
My Isuzu MU-X 4x4 Automatic-1.jpeg  

Turbanator is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 17th July 2017, 15:39   #26
BHPian

Many congratulations!

Buying such a car of one's choice is something like buying your dream-home (on move)!

Although, you have stressed more on leather work on dash-boards of Endeavour and Fortuner a big reason for your distraction from these mainstream SUVs, would like to listen from the horse's mouth the real comparison amongst all three beasts including value proposition that MU-X provide.

Happy & safe driving!
kbishwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2017, 21:05   #27
BHPian

I am searching for affordable long tourer 4x4 proper suv within budget. Isuzu is the only one fits the bill and it has serious 4x4 capability with 24L price tag ex showroom Pune. Need one feedback from you, how does it ride at speed of 120kmph to 140kmph on highway?
Old 25th August 2017, 20:53   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan_pullarwar View Post
I am searching for affordable long tourer 4x4 proper suv within budget. Isuzu is the only one fits the bill and it has serious 4x4 capability with 24L price tag ex showroom Pune. Need one feedback from you, how does it ride at speed of 120kmph to 140kmph on highway?
Pawan_pullarwar ride quality of MU X is superb at highway and low speed, but there is noticeable body roll on curves as its a ladder on frame SUV. Isuzu MU X is a no nonsense, best value for money SUV right now in the country. I am very happy and satisfied with my MU X.

Best thing is 2nd and 3rd row seats fold flat making space for 2 adults to sleep in good comfort. MU X can be the perfect long distance tourer.
drbones is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2017, 12:47   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan_pullarwar View Post
Very similar opinion is what I have.

Got the opportunity for an extended test drive and managed to check out the high speed handling, road mannerisms as well as a short offroad terrain that I could find. My observations:

1. The vehicle manages 120-150 effortlessly.
2. The steering feedback is awesome, though a little heavier at idle speeds!!, But clearly manageable
3. The audio system is better than average with tight bass.
4. Surprisingly no wind noise upto 140kph
5. Impressive suspension, I have tried braking in a mid corner to check weight transfer issues but found it extremely composed.
6. Headlights could be better. (I'm spoilt by HID)
7. 4WD HI AND LO ARE AWESOME

No fancy stuff in this vehicle as opposed to the new fortuner and the new endaevour but it's got what it needs to get, UNSTUCK!!
Cheers
headers is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th September 2017, 23:57   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Very similar opinion is what I have.

Got the opportunity for an extended test drive and managed to check out the high speed handling, road mannerisms as well as a short offroad terrain that I could find. My observations:

1. The vehicle manages 120-150 effortlessly.
2. The steering feedback is awesome, though a little heavier at idle speeds!!, But clearly manageable
3. The audio system is better than average with tight bass.
4. Surprisingly no wind noise upto 140kph
5. Impressive suspension, I have tried braking in a mid corner to check weight transfer issues but found it extremely composed.
6. Headlights could be better. (I'm spoilt by HID)
7. 4WD HI AND LO ARE AWESOME

No fancy stuff in this vehicle as opposed to the new fortuner and the new endaevour but it's got what it needs to get, UNSTUCK!!
Cheers
Very good observation headers, i agree with all the above mentioned points, but braking in corners at high speeds are very scary as for all ladder on frame SUVs and MU X is no exception. Endeavor excels in this area.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks